PDA

View Full Version : everquest

Spellsong
2013-09-18, 08:48 PM
Question.. Is it ok to use the characters names from OOTS . I was thinking of creating an Halfling ranger named Belkar w the Surname of TheShoelessgodofWar

ShneekeyTheLost
2013-09-18, 11:19 PM
Question.. Is it ok to use the characters names from OOTS . I was thinking of creating an Halfling ranger named Belkar w the Surname of TheShoelessgodofWar

According to Everquests's EULA... no. However, the mods there are so lax about the enforcement of the naming policy, that you might get away with it unless you happen to run into a mod or dev which is an OotS fan.

Also, this is a question to ask on the EQ forums, not here.

Spellsong
2013-09-19, 02:09 PM
Im not so concerned about everquests eula.. im under the impression that the rules for naming is really lax now. I'm asking more not to step on OoTS' toes

ShneekeyTheLost
2013-09-19, 09:53 PM
Im not so concerned about everquests eula.. im under the impression that the rules for naming is really lax now. I'm asking more not to step on OoTS' toes

Then you're probably going to want to PM the Giant himself and ask for permission from the author rather than posting it in a forum he never visits.

Don't expect an answer, though. He's quite busy these days.

ShadowFireLance
2013-09-19, 10:36 PM
Then you're probably going to want to PM the Giant himself and ask for permission from the author rather than posting it in a forum he never visits.

Don't expect an answer, though. He's quite busy these days.

And then watch as he posts. :smalltongue: