PDA

View Full Version : Oracle with all the spells?

fishyfishyfishy
2013-09-18, 09:11 PM
What is the specific combination that allows an oracle to gain access to "all spells"? I have seen this mentioned before multiple times and from what I have found, it involves Paragon Surge and Expanded Arcana. But Expanded Arcana specifically states you add one spell from your classes spell list to your list of spells known. How does that give you spells from other spell casting class spell lists? Am I missing something here? :smallconfused:

If there is a thread or some other resource that discusses this, I would appreciate a link.

I thought about asking this in the simple PF Q&A thread, but this doesn't seem to be something that is straightforward/simple.

Frosty
2013-09-18, 09:25 PM
While it's not "ALL SPELL LISTS", you use Paragon Surge to get the feat "Improved Eldritch Heritage" in order to temporarily gain access to the 9th-level bloodline abillity of the Arcane bloodline for sorcerers. That, in effect, gives Oracles the ability to cast any sorc/wizard spell.

fishyfishyfishy
2013-09-18, 09:28 PM
While it's not "ALL SPELL LISTS", you use Paragon Surge to get the feat "Improved Eldritch Heritage" in order to temporarily gain access to the 9th-level bloodline abillity of the Arcane bloodline for sorcerers. That, in effect, gives Oracles the ability to cast any sorc/wizard spell.

Oh I see now. I might have realized this if I had greater knowledge of Pathfinder, but I primarily play 3.5. Thanks for the info!

StreamOfTheSky
2013-09-18, 09:30 PM
In both cases, you are using Paragon Surge to temporarily take the feat and add one or more spells to your spells known.

1. As you noted, Expanded Arcana. This gives you access to the entire cleric/oracle list.

2. Improved Eldritch Heritage (arcane bloodline). You must already possess Eldritch Heritage (arcane bloodline) as a feat, but since that gives you a familiar...that's hardly a penalty at all. In any case, the IEH feat will grant you:

New Arcana (Ex): At 9th level, you can add any one spell from the sorcerer/wizard spell list to your list of spells known. This spell must be of a level that you are capable of casting. You can also add one additional spell at 13th level and 17th level.

This gives you access to the entire sorc/wiz spell list, on the fly. In addition to the oracle list, from #1. That's a lot of spells to have at your fingertips as you may need them. New Arcana will even eventually let you grab up to 3 spells per Paragon Surge!

fishyfishyfishy
2013-09-18, 09:34 PM
I'm kind of glad that it isn't just WotC that makes silly combos that are unintentionally broken.

Frosty
2013-09-18, 09:37 PM
My sorceress will be abusing this combo to become more flexible than more wizards :smallsmile:

grarrrg
2013-09-18, 10:39 PM
I'm kind of glad that it isn't just WotC that makes silly combos that are unintentionally broken.

Well, it's an involved combo:
It requires 2 feats (Skill Focus, 'basic' Eldritch Heritage).

It requires a 3rd level spell that you must be Half-Elf to cast (or Human and the appropriate feat).

You can only get Cleric/Oracle spells until level 11, when you would qualify for Improved Eldritch Heritage.

Paragon Surge is a Standard action to cast, so a Quicken Rod, or Metamagic reducing Traits (for Quicken), or Spell Perfection (level 15) are encouraged if you plan to use it in combat.