PDA

View Full Version : Gods vs Monsters

unseenmage
2013-09-18, 10:30 PM
Say I wanted to DM a game of epic PCs and NPCs vs the Gods.

How would the Deities have to be modified/optimized so they would be a challenge to 21st level PCs?

(My experience with Epic games and Divine games is limited.)

Bonus: What would the Deities look like in Tippyverse?

SolioFebalas
2013-09-19, 03:28 AM
It's easier to make new ones then to rebuild old ones, take for the basis demigod with divine rank 1 , in deities and demigods there are Imhotep for example, change core class, improve HD, change DR acording 3.5 with [/epic] description, change abilities/weapons/feats acording chosen class, if it's core class if fighter-oriented, give him several levels in casting class or sla's.

Karnith
2013-09-19, 06:38 AM
I'd recommend looking at the Dicefreaks deity stats (http://dicefreaks.superforums.eu/viewforum.php?f=33) for better-optimized deities, or at least as a starting point for making your own changes.

Chronos
2013-09-19, 10:10 AM
At equal levels of optimization, a deity will beat a level 21 PC every time. Your standard deity has 20-40 levels in PC classes, plus 20 outsider RHD, plus a smattering of divine abilities. A sufficiently-optimized level 21 PC can beat an unoptimized deity, but we don't know if your PCs are sufficiently-optimized. And even knowing exactly what the party has, it's a fine balancing act to make things that are a challenge but still beatable, especially at those power levels.