PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Regaining HP from negatives

Renen
2013-09-19, 09:08 AM
I was hoping the playground can help me clarify something.
A GM has ruled that after an encounter I am left lying in a field with 15 negative hp (1 feom death), and that I am capable of regaining hp.
I want to know if me lying there for a few days counts as full rest or only normal rest. Being lcl 4 full rest will only take 2 days instead of 4.
Asking this on paizo forums was a failure as they immediately went into lockdown when I mentioned that me being stable and regaining hp without someone to tend to me is technically a houserule. Please help me out :D

Zjordan85
2013-09-19, 09:23 AM
Logically, if you've stabilized, passing all relevant checks, your body is in a state of rest, just not an intentional one. Your body is going to heal itself naturally until something comes along and kicks you.

Obviously ask your GM for specifics, but Full Day's Rest makes sense.

Krazzman
2013-09-19, 09:24 AM
Each hour without help you will need to make a DC 10 COnstitution check with a -15 penality (due to your negative health). Or lose 1 hit point. If you succeed you will regain conciousness but be disabled.
Then you can make a DC10 Constitution check once per day after resting 8 hours, again with a -15 penality (failure means losing 1 hp). After succeeding on this check you are no longer considered dying. And you can regain hit points normally again.

Paizo's forum seems to be not that versed in the rules if they count this as a houserule.

Renen
2013-09-19, 09:29 AM
This is from using cheat death.
I am counted as being negative and stable, as if I made the check. So, am I conscious? I dont think so, but I can be wrong.
Also, do I heal 8 hp or 4 hp per day (im lvl 4)

Krazzman
2013-09-19, 09:34 AM
This is from using cheat death.
I am counted as being negative and stable, as if I made the check. So, am I conscious? I dont think so, but I can be wrong.
Also, do I heal 8 hp or 4 hp per day (im lvl 4)

Depends on interpretation. If you rest "in bed" for a full day you regain 2HP/level. Depends if your DM says this. So either 2 or 4 days depending on how generous your dm is.

Renen
2013-09-19, 09:47 AM
Well, we already had people doing full rest in places that have no beds. I think its just about if full rest requires you to be conscious. I think that as long as u dont move at all for a day, your wounds heal faster because you arent re-opening them by moving.