PDA

View Full Version : Puzzle & Dragons

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

obryn
2013-09-19, 12:29 PM
This is a thread for GitP players of Puzzle and Dragons! I'm attempting to turn this into a real, honest-to-goodness informational OP.

Just getting started? Go here. (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/New_Players%27_Guide) I help with this site, and we try to keep it active!

Need more help? Check the Tips and Game info headings. There's so much good stuff on the wikia it's hard to describe.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Valuable_Monsters and http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Feeding_Monsters are great. So is this kind of: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Composition

In PAD, I'm dwarfSA@PG. My ID is 357,549,260. I try to add all the GitP players I can, but I'm often short on friend space. Feel free to send me a request, and if I'm full, post here so I can prune off some inactive players.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-20, 05:11 AM
A standard mobile puzzle game, but with the addition of monster collecting? seems like it might be fun.

But apparantly you can't get it in the UK. :smallannoyed:

obryn
2013-09-20, 08:22 AM
Yeah, it's pretty well put together. It's like a crack-laden mix of something kind of bejewelled-like, but with added elements of Magic: The Gathering (with rare monster picks and strategic team-building), Pokemon (you level and evolve unique monsters), and an impressive long game with incredibly challenging event dungeons you can only tackle after playing for quite a few months.

I didn't realize it wasn't available in the UK! There's probably a way; I know Americans are downloading and installing the Japanese version alongside the US version.

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-20, 11:30 AM
A quick Google search tells me that I can just sign up for a new account and set it to US. Guess I'll try this game out.

Edit: Good grief, you weren't kidding. This game is super addictive! Every match I get closer to evolving my critters, or find some cool looking monster to add to my party. The gameplay is surprisingly complex too. I can tell you need to pay attention to get the best combos.

obryn
2013-09-23, 12:12 PM
A quick Google search tells me that I can just sign up for a new account and set it to US. Guess I'll try this game out.

Edit: Good grief, you weren't kidding. This game is super addictive! Every match I get closer to evolving my critters, or find some cool looking monster to add to my party. The gameplay is surprisingly complex too. I can tell you need to pay attention to get the best combos.
Sorry, I missed your reply. :smallsmile: But yeah, it's insanely addictive and fun. I'm 6 months in and... man.

tigerusthegreat
2013-09-23, 01:55 PM
Played it for about 3 days. It is very similar to everything else in the genre except the puzzle game add-ing. If the puzzle part was harder It might have drawn me in more, but I uninstalled, and haven't looked back.

You might like a game called Puzzle Quest 2, available on steam.

obryn
2013-09-23, 02:22 PM
For me, I think the depth and strategy of the "long game" are what's appealing. Assembling and using different teams for different dungeons is pretty rad.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-24, 10:32 AM
Archangel Lucifer seem ridiculously strong. The Morning Star takes a long time to power up, but so far it has insta-killed every boss I've faced. The downside of losing all your HP doesn't seem to matter. Just wish I could get him instead of borrowing from others (luckily, plenty of people use him as their leader).

I got yet another toy dragon from the rare machine, this time the Light one. It's got a +1 on attack, so I'm not sure if I keep it or feed it to my Harpy Demon.

obryn
2013-09-24, 10:44 AM
Archangel Lucifer seem ridiculously strong. The Morning Star takes a long time to power up, but so far it has insta-killed every boss I've faced. The downside of losing all your HP doesn't seem to matter. Just wish I could get him instead of borrowing from others (luckily, plenty of people use him as their leader).

I got yet another toy dragon from the rare machine, this time the Light one. It's got a +1 on attack, so I'm not sure if I keep it or feed it to my Harpy Demon.
Whoa, I had not known you pulled AA Luci, since I saw the flare drall up the other day! He's, hands down, the top leader in the entire game. You can handle every Descended dungeon with him even at very low levels.

If you don't have too many Dark things for your team, your next step is to run the Friday Dungeon on Expert - I can teach you about Resolve teams if you need tips - and farm up Dub-Amelits and Dub-Mythlits. They are at your level probably the best subs you can put on a team with Luci; they have 1 team cost and good stats.

My mistake - I thought Luci was your leader. If you want one, the cheapest/easiest way to do it is to re-roll until you get him. He's got a very good chance of coming up. You can delete the app, then start it up again. Keep doing that until you get what you want. It's painful, but it makes the rest of the game easy.

As for other rolls - save them for Godfests. :smallsmile: One should be coming up this weekend, most likely Saturday night through most of Sunday.

Don't feed away anything you get from the rare egg machine! I know that +1 is nice, but you will get more. :smallsmile:

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-24, 03:22 PM
My mistake - I thought Luci was your leader. If you want one, the cheapest/easiest way to do it is to re-roll until you get him. He's got a very good chance of coming up. You can delete the app, then start it up again. Keep doing that until you get what you want. It's painful, but it makes the rest of the game easy.
How good is "very good"? If I have to spend a few hours resetting to get something good, I don't think it's worth it. If it's something like 5%, that's okay.

As for other rolls - save them for Godfests. :smallsmile: One should be coming up this weekend, most likely Saturday night through most of Sunday.

Don't feed away anything you get from the rare egg machine! I know that +1 is nice, but you will get more. :smallsmile:

-O
Godfest?

Also: Oops, I got rid of one of my rares (Drall) because it was a dupe. Should I not have?

obryn
2013-09-24, 03:48 PM
How good is "very good"? If I have to spend a few hours resetting to get something good, I don't think it's worth it. If it's something like 5%, that's okay.
Well, this "Carnival of Likes" that's going on have some of the top-tier gods in it. The ones you really want out of it are Archangel/Seraphim of Dawn Lucifer, Horus, and Isis. Then there's more great stuff you can go with. I think it's 10% for something in the Carnival.

Here's the basics: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/New_Players%27_Guide

More or less, if it's not on this list, preferably in Top or Good, re-roll. :smallsmile: (And really, since Luci and Horus have elevated chances right now, you should be able to get one of them. Luci is easy-mode but stuff takes a while. Horus is harder but offensively strong.) I know you've made progress and gotten other puzzlemons, but you will get them again and it'll be way easier.

I started with a piedra (another toydragon like Flare Drall) myself, and was stubborn about it. Eventually I got something good which let me tackle hard content, but a good starter pull is the key to a long, entertaining game with no/low money spent.

Godfest?

Also: Oops, I got rid of one of my rares (Drall) because it was a dupe. Should I not have?
Godfests happen for 24 hours every 2 weeks or so. Basically, you have a 30% chance of pulling a God out of the machine of whatever pantheons they have up at the moment, as opposed to something like 10% normally.

Don't stress losing the duplicate. It's not a big deal at all. :smallsmile: Now, when you feed a monster to a monster with the same skill there's a chance for skill ups; ideally you want to wait until there's a x2 skill up chance. But it's hardly crucial.

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-24, 04:50 PM
Okay, seems like a plan. I'll probably do this tomorrow. Maybe make a note of what I had before so I know what to look for.

Any idea how long this "Carnival of Likes" goes on for?

Also, I will I be able to get Puzzdroid back, as well as the Pink Egg Machine? Those ones seem like they are limited edition.

I assume x2 skill up chance is another event?

obryn
2013-09-24, 05:36 PM
Okay, seems like a plan. I'll probably do this tomorrow. Maybe make a note of what I had before so I know what to look for.

Any idea how long this "Carnival of Likes" goes on for?

Also, I will I be able to get Puzzdroid back, as well as the Pink Egg Machine? Those ones seem like they are limited edition.

I assume x2 skill up chance is another event?
Puzzdroid is available until the 28th. Carnival to 27th. And the pink dragon isn't comparable to any gods. :smallsmile:

Feel free to add me to a new account; 357,549,260

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-25, 04:24 AM
Puzzdroid is available until the 28th. Carnival to 27th. And the pink dragon isn't comparable to any gods. :smallsmile:

Feel free to add me to a new account; 357,549,260

-O
Not pink dragon, I meant the pink egg machine that gave me Mitsuki (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Mitsuki). Ah well, guess I'll find out. Wish me luck!

Edit: Two restarts got me Haku (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Incarnation_of_Byakko,_Haku), who is "good tier". And here I was thinking I'd spend hours looking for a decent monster. :smallbiggrin:

Edit2: And yeah, I know I said I'd go for lucifer, but frankly I think I'm okay with Haku. She's very strong on her own, and hopefully I should be able to get another couple of people on my friend list with him. The more the better, in fact.

obryn
2013-09-25, 07:43 AM
I saw! Byakko is an awesome pull, and I'd sit tight with her too! Your goal is to get friends who have (1) Byakko, and (2) Isis. Those two will be easy and work well with you. I also have Byakko, and can put her up whenever; just send me a message.

You will have a much, much easier time with her. The most important thing is that you stack your team with at least one red and one blue sub. (Dark is covered by her.) And then it's just practicing using her. General strategy is to clear out all light, green, and heal orbs you can to make as big a D/R/B combo you can. Her Active ability is awesome for this.

If you're looking for Byakko buddies, there's a great resource on Facebook - the Puzzle & Dragons Global group. You can either look in the ID code list or post letting people know what you got and what you need. :smallsmile:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-25, 08:19 AM
Ah, Byakko is her name? I figured "Incarnation of Byakko" was a title. I'll look out for others with her or Isis.

Yeah, I already guessed I needed red and blue monsters. Before the reset I had a friend who had Sakuya (and your Ra) which gave me some practice trying to get the multiple links for the combo. Now I wish I had Mitsuki back. Her power turned light and wood orbs to heal orbs, which would help clear 'em out. Oh well, can't have it all.

And I avoid Facebook where possible, but thanks for the tip ^^:

obryn
2013-09-25, 08:57 AM
The chinese gods are weird. They're "beasts" in chinese mythology, but because the game is Japanese and GungHo knows their fan base, they also have "anime" names (here, Haku) and are incarnated as cute girls. Japan is weird.

Don't stress the healer girl; you'll get better subs :smallsmile:

obryn
2013-09-25, 10:01 AM
OK, so your next steps when you can manage it are... (1) get more box space; 5 stones for 25 boxes is worth more than REM pulls, now that you have a good starter. (2) Clear Normal dungeons to get a Resolve Team going. What's a Resolve team?

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Composition#Resolve_Team

And you use it like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0pcQjoZFeo

You want an Ogre. Keep him low level; don't feed any XP into him. He'll drop from Normal dungeons. You also want 4x cruddy low-level monsters. We're talking stuff like the little ghost sprites and dragon seeds. If everything is a single color, so much the better! And finally, a friend with an auto-healer; Enchantress Queen Siren, Alraune, Archangel, or Amaterasu will all work. I have a Siren; I can put her up if you need her.

With a Resolve team, you can easily farm two very important dungeons: Room of Mask Expert and Shrine of Spirits Expert. The latter, especially; you will be able to get some great low-level team members for Byakko.

EDIT: Even better, watch this about this weekend's event. :smallsmile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjIJXbWqTtM

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-25, 04:01 PM
Okay, cool. I have an ogre, so that's no problem. I haven't seen any of those auto-healers that you mentioned, but I'll look out for them.

There's a lot going on in this game. Events all the time, and daily dungeon changes. A new player could get lost real easy.

obryn
2013-09-25, 05:25 PM
Okay, cool. I have an ogre, so that's no problem. I haven't seen any of those auto-healers that you mentioned, but I'll look out for them.

There's a lot going on in this game. Events all the time, and daily dungeon changes. A new player could get lost real easy.
My goodness, yes. It's a huge and complicated game. But that's what has kept my interest so long!

Starwulf
2013-09-25, 06:00 PM
Not sure how I missed this thread. When I log-in later I"ll post up my friends ID, I'm sure I can delete a person or two that hasn't logged in for several days to make room for active GiTPers :). I'm rank 61 atm, got some interesting monsters thus far. Hoping I can find a way to beat todays daily dungeon on the hardest setting, I reaaaaaaallllyyy need a Divine Mask so I can evolve one of my guys. Actually...I need two of em to evolve two of my guys. Of Course, I also need a few more of the Dub-lits from Fridays hardest dungeon as well. Managed to beat that one twice last friday but Dub-Mythlit refused to drop for me, so sad :-(.

Yes, btw, this game is extremely addicting. I haven't missed a log-in for over a month(which, btw, is how long I've been playing).

If you guys ever need a certain type of ability for a dungeon, just let me know, I have several useful monsters, including Susanno(20% dmg reduction as leader skill, 50% dmg reduction as a skill), two of the bi-elemental ogres that dish out 65k dmg as a skill against one specific element(they also have the resolve ability, which stops you from being one-shotted as long as you have over 70% of your health). Got Chaos Devil Dragon, which dishes out 20k darkness based damage to ALL creatures.

several others as well that can be useful in a pinch, I just need notification to switch them to leader position. My default is the Snow Globe Dragon(green based).

obryn
2013-09-25, 06:31 PM
Cool deal. You can feel free to add me and my stuff. I've been playing since March, I think, rank 184. Code is 357,549,260. My main lead is a max-level Ra, but I often use a 78 Gabriel, Hera-Ur, Loki the Finisher, Swordsman Freyr, and more recently Byakko (evolved, but only in the high 40's until tomorrow. Should get her above 50 then.)

Oh, and I run Echidna as my lead on Thursdays for lazyfarming the dragon dungeon.

Expert Masks is super easy if you either follow the Resolve strategy I posted to Diego, or tank with a pair of Noel/Angels with a high hp/rcv monocolor team. :smallsmile: Watch the video for pointers.

I'll put up my Siren so you can try the Resolve strategy if you want!

Good to see more playgrounders playing. :)

Starwulf
2013-09-25, 07:27 PM
WHOA! You're like...double the level of my highest level friend, the guy who got me into the game. He's rank 86, I've actually caught up with him pretty quickly, he was rank 82 when I first started.

Hehe. Ra...."I'm FIRING MUH LAZERS!" I can't help but think that everytime I use him from others on my friends list.

I'll have to give that Resolve strat a go, I've seen it posted on the Puzzle and dragons wiki page, but it just didn't seem like it was actually viable, I mean, doesn't it take forever to kill like that?

Edit: Also, since I"m not sure if I noticed Obyrn mention this, and I know even though I looked at the PAD wikia like..two days into playing the game, that i still just found this out recently: You can determine when the "limited" dungeons(Metal dragons) pop up, by looking at the third digit of your ID #. then go to this page: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Event_Time_Lookup compare that # to the listed ones, then you'll know what group you're in and when those dungeons will pop up for you.

2nd edit: here is my ID #: 319,762,282

obryn
2013-09-25, 10:41 PM
Got your request and added you. :smallsmile:

The key to the resolve strategy is that masks and dublits are all super-high Defense, while having very low HP. For example, Divine Masks have 60,000 Defense but only 18 hit points. The minimum damage you do to something with any orb match is 1; so in this particular case, your team can do plenty of damage.

Here's the basics... You need a low-level ogre; you get saved from instant death if you have at least 70% of your max hit points. You get a lot of low-HP team members because you want that 70% threshold to be as low as possible. You get an auto-healer who can automatically heal you up over 70% (like, Enchantress Siren and Alraune heal triple their RCV).

You take out any synced-up masks first, saving orbs of your team's color in the corners. 5-orb combos are great here. When you get to the end, take out the Mystic Mask first - it has less HP anyway - and then kill the others.

It's not a sure thing; you can still lose to synced up masks or dubs if you don't have a lot of orbs saved up. But it's something you can literally do from day 1 with any team. Importantly, dub-mythlits and (to a lesser extent) other dub-lits are great subs for an early team.

...and that's why you need to farm Poring Tower this weekend for Ghostrings (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Ghostring) :smallbiggrin:

Finally - if any of you folks need any of my leaders, just let me know. Since I'm higher rank, my leader will probably only show up for an hour at a time for you; you can either send me a message via PAD or reply to this thread.

-O

Starwulf
2013-09-25, 11:06 PM
Hehe. Poring Tower! It took me about 3 days to realize it, but after seeing the various slime monsters, I realized that GungHo is the same company that does Ragnarok Online, and the DS version(which I absolutely love, just got done a playthrough a few weeks ago).

I'll have to see if I can quickly snag a low level ogre real quick, and an extra low level green thing(the ones that the PAD wikia shows for it's resolve strat, I already have 2 of them). Would love to get at least one Mystic Mask from this week(already to late to run the dungeon twice, not with having to grab an ogre first). Would let me fusion evolve one of my guys!

edit: ARRRGGGGHHH. The two divine masks at the end were synced up together, and I wasn't able to kill one of them before their countdown timers went off. It was close though, like 1 more HP left on the one I was targeting. So depressing :-(. LOL

Ahh well, next week I'll have multiple shots at it, and now I know how the resolve team actually works(thanks for actually explaining it, It just didn't make sense reading it on the PAD wikia). Dub-Mythlit, here I come!

obryn
2013-09-25, 11:41 PM
Glad to help :smallsmile: If you need a Siren or whatnot, let me know!

Also, if you can find a fellow green noel or archangel ... michael? ... leader, you can stack your team with high HP/RCV and win even easier. That is, if you can get over 20k hp, or preferably 24k. With my Gabriel team, I can push about 56k hp, which makes the masks insanely easy.

Starwulf
2013-09-26, 12:51 AM
Glad to help :smallsmile: If you need a Siren or whatnot, let me know!

Also, if you can find a fellow green noel or archangel ... michael? ... leader, you can stack your team with high HP/RCV and win even easier. That is, if you can get over 20k hp, or preferably 24k. With my Gabriel team, I can push about 56k hp, which makes the masks insanely easy.

Wow. The highest I've managed to get my health is 22k HP. I'll have to check to see if any of my friends have archangel michael or a green noel. Several of them have the red noel, I know that much.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-26, 03:41 AM
I adore the "Super Rare" fanfare they play. :smallbiggrin: I just got a King Emerald Dragon from the Pal machine. Now what do I do with it? Is it just for leveling up?

Hehe. Poring Tower! It took me about 3 days to realize it, but after seeing the various slime monsters, I realized that GungHo is the same company that does Ragnarok Online, and the DS version(which I absolutely love, just got done a playthrough a few weeks ago).
I certainly did a double-take when I saw porings were in this. I played soooo much RO years ago. It's how I got my screen name, in fact. Have you played Ragnarok Battle Offline? It's very good.

Oh, my ID is 376,879,256

Thanks for the tip about the limited dungeon schedule. What time zone does this game run on though?

Starwulf
2013-09-26, 04:42 AM
I adore the "Super Rare" fanfare they play. :smallbiggrin: I just got a King Emerald Dragon from the Pal machine. Now what do I do with it? Is it just for leveling up?

I certainly did a double-take when I saw porings were in this. I played soooo much RO years ago. It's how I got my screen name, in fact. Have you played Ragnarok Battle Offline? It's very good.

Oh, my ID is 376,879,256

Thanks for the tip about the limited dungeon schedule. What time zone does this game run on though?

I do believe PST(West Coast time).

Also, yes, all the Metal/Colored dragons are for leveling up purposes.

I got extremely lucky and got a super King dragon(can't remember what color) from the PAL Egg machine a week or two ago.

obryn
2013-09-26, 08:02 AM
Oh, those are very nice! They are primarily for leveling up your monsters. Feed him to a good green monster who won't max out. (Or just Byakko; you're losing monster XP, but if she's something you use all the time, it's fine.)

-O

Starwulf
2013-09-26, 07:34 PM
I love Metal Dragon Dungeon days. Unlike the Colored dragons, Metal dragons only requires 15 stamina. I managed to get 6 Kings, 3 Highs and like 16 regular Metal dragons. Took my beautiful Chaos Devil Dragon(Diego, look him up on PAD, he's gorgeous!) all the way up to level 63. Just 36 more levels to go!

Also, Thank you Diego! I got a Pterra, which given enough cultivation will eventually turn into Sundragon Pterados, which is a fairly decent light type monster. Which is good, as I'm trying to form mono-color teams for all the colors, and I'm severely lacking in the Light department.

Obryn, is there any sort of way of guaranteeing the "Great" exp boost(1.5x exp) when power-up fusing? Would be awesome to get the Great to show up on 4 or 5 King Metal Dragons. It's already 375k for 5 Kings, get that great to trigger and it would be 562,500 exp.

obryn
2013-09-26, 07:48 PM
There is sadly no way to guarantee any kind of GREAT or SUPER feeding. I wish there were!

It's x2 Kings day, so metal dragons will yield a good amount of them. What you need to watch for is Pengdra Village to come around again; that will let you get 45k xp out of three little metal dragons and a dragon seed. :smallsmile:

If you're not doing the Pengdra Cycle yet, that's your next step.

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Feeding_Monsters

-O

Starwulf
2013-09-26, 09:25 PM
So, how many spaces do you have in your monster box? I've opened mine up to hold 65 monsters, and I still feel constantly cramped, I'm always have to fuse or sell monsters, sometimes even ones that I'd prefer to keep, but just don't have as much value as the ones that I want to make room for.

obryn
2013-09-26, 09:38 PM
So, how many spaces do you have in your monster box? I've opened mine up to hold 65 monsters, and I still feel constantly cramped, I'm always have to fuse or sell monsters, sometimes even ones that I'd prefer to keep, but just don't have as much value as the ones that I want to make room for.
The rule of thumb is 2 boxes per rank. You want like 120 by now :smallsmile:

My advice is to use all the rocks you get this event on box space. Nothing is more important to you at your rank. Once you start the Pengdra cycle, you will be cramped all the time.

Starwulf
2013-09-26, 10:37 PM
The rule of thumb is 2 boxes per rank. You want like 120 by now :smallsmile:

My advice is to use all the rocks you get this event on box space. Nothing is more important to you at your rank. Once you start the Pengdra cycle, you will be cramped all the time.

Ouch. I wish I had known that beforehand. I used so many stones on the Rare Egg machine. LOL.

I have the Pengdras open now, I defeated Castle of Satan like 2 weeks ago(That vampire was naaaasssstttyyy). I had Archangel Rapheal as my friend, and it's ability, turn all orbs into hearts is an instant heal. By the time I was about to die again, his skill was recharged.

I have the 4th stage for the Technical dungeon unlocked(well, 4th SET of stages. I'm on the light set now, it's way to rough for me to go through right now, keep getting stomped halfway through).

Woot! That resolve team absolutely annihilated the Mythlit dungeon. Got my first Dub-Mythlit. Sadly, I now need to wait for the masks again, I need the Divine Mask so I can evolve my Flowerdragon Bachys into Flowerdragon Gaia bachys, and my Leviathan into..well, I'm not really sure. It has four paths:

Red Ice Leviathan, Green Ice Leviathan, Dark Ice Leviathan, and Shining Ice Leviathan. Just not sure which one I'd like the most, I'm thinking probably Shining Ice Leviathan just for a bit more Light punch. Then again, a Red Ice Would be nice as well, I don't have much in the way of fire type monsters.

Yet another edit: Have you heard of another game that is extremely similar to PAD, called Monster Match? A game I play called "KNights and Dragons" lets you earn free gems by watching videos, and this game has popped up many times, and it looks virtually identical, just with different monsters, and the puzzle is gems instead of orbs, lol. It seems to be popular though, I looked it up, has over 500k Downloads.

obryn
2013-09-27, 11:07 AM
Pengdras are super-important at the level you're at. :smallsmile: Best way to level up your monsters, bar none. And that's really all you need to do at this point.

Glad the Resolve team worked, too. :smallsmile:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-28, 09:08 AM
Also, Thank you Diego! I got a Pterra, which given enough cultivation will eventually turn into Sundragon Pterados, which is a fairly decent light type monster. Which is good, as I'm trying to form mono-color teams for all the colors, and I'm severely lacking in the Light department.
You're welcome! I got a Pterra too (plus a second one from some random person!). I guess I'll raise both up and then fuse them for the skill bonus.

Question: If you skill up a monster, then evolve it, does it keep the skill level it had?

I'm loving the metal dragons in the PAL machine! Sadly, I missed a few of the metal/gem dragon dungeons due to scheduling. I managed to get a Dark Golem mk.II from the rare machine a couple of days ago, which was cool.

I found a friend with the green auto-healer (forgot her name) so I tried out the resolve team on sprites. Worked out great. Didn't get a dub-mythlit though, and I didn't have time to try again. :/ But the regular ones make good, cheap team mates.

The events are fun, but I think I need to work on my player rank right now. I'm running out of stamina so fast, and I want to upgrade my team too. I don't know if I can take on Porings Int yet.

obryn
2013-09-28, 09:18 AM
Monster skill levels stay if the skill doesn't change; check the wiki to find out. Many dragons change every evo; most other monsters don't.

It's the weekend, so you can run Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower literally nonstop. It will run perpetual-motion style to rank 70 or so. :smallsmile:

Starwulf
2013-09-28, 04:49 PM
Porings tower expert is fun, but good lord, that final boss takes FOREVER to kill. No way I could do it without an auto-healer either, at some point in time I'd almost certainly run out of heart orbs and be unable to heal myself.

First run was no luck on a ghostring. got two +1 of the dark baddies though.

Starwulf
2013-09-29, 02:47 AM
Argh. Drop rate on Ghostrings are awful. On my 5th time, and I've only gotten one to drop so far :-(. If I don't get some better luck soon, I won't be able to make a team of Ghostrings for the divine masks.

obryn
2013-09-29, 08:45 AM
Argh. Drop rate on Ghostrings are awful. On my 5th time, and I've only gotten one to drop so far :-(. If I don't get some better luck soon, I won't be able to make a team of Ghostrings for the divine masks.
Even if you only have one or two, you're probably doing okay. :) It will help no matter how many you have.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-29, 11:22 AM
It's the weekend, so you can run Tower of Giants - Dragons of the Tower literally nonstop. It will run perpetual-motion style to rank 70 or so. :smallsmile:
This has worked out great so far. Thanks!

obryn
2013-09-29, 11:25 AM
This has worked out great so far. Thanks!
Glad to help. :smallsmile:

Starwulf
2013-09-29, 04:22 PM
Sigh. Lost a run on the expert poring last night because for some reason the Enchantress of the Sea, Siren that I was using off my friends list just up and stopped auto-healing(and yes, I was matching orbs. Lots of orbs). Just completely stopped healing, and I don't have the health to absorb many hits from the drops and what not.

On another note, that Tower of Giants trick is a pretty useful one even for me. I"ll have to spend some time doing that next weekend and get up to rank 70.

obryn
2013-09-29, 06:10 PM
Yep, that's the #1 best way to rank up while still low level. I miss the Skydragon dungeon, myself; Legendary was cake with Ra, and it was almost perpetual motion at Rank 170+

The next "cheat code" is the Pengdra Cycle. It's another bit that's not immediately obvious to newbies, but key to progressing beyond Castle of Satan. I know it blew my mind when I read about it the first time.

I'll have Ra up all day for Super Kings, if either of you need him. (Also, trying out my 2nd Ra as a Ra-team sub from a random REM pull.)

Starwulf
2013-09-29, 09:06 PM
Yep, that's the #1 best way to rank up while still low level. I miss the Skydragon dungeon, myself; Legendary was cake with Ra, and it was almost perpetual motion at Rank 170+

The next "cheat code" is the Pengdra Cycle. It's another bit that's not immediately obvious to newbies, but key to progressing beyond Castle of Satan. I know it blew my mind when I read about it the first time.

I'll have Ra up all day for Super Kings, if either of you need him. (Also, trying out my 2nd Ra as a Ra-team sub from a random REM pull.)

Can you explain the Pengrda Cycle?

Also, can't do Super Kings, it requires 50 stamina :-(. I'm 1 stamina away from that.

On a positive note, I've had a bit more luck and snagged 2 more ghostrings for a total of 3! Just 1 more and I'll have an entire team for them.

obryn
2013-09-29, 09:29 PM
Can you explain the Pengrda Cycle?

Also, can't do Super Kings, it requires 50 stamina :-(. I'm 1 stamina away from that.

On a positive note, I've had a bit more luck and snagged 2 more ghostrings for a total of 3! Just 1 more and I'll have an entire team for them.
3 is plenty, if that's all you get!

The Pengdra cycle is like this... (stolen from another site)

http://i.imgur.com/3QWXnWW.png

After you beat Castle of Satan, the difficulty ramps up significantly. But the Technical Dungeons open up. They are mostly notable for Pengrda, little red, blue, or green penguins.

Their first trick is that, when fed to 10th level (2,556 xp), you can feed them to a same-color monster for 9,000 XP. Not bad.

But their biggest perk is that you can evo them once maxed. Evo takes 1 dragon plant and two of the small jewel dragons. Once evo'd, you can feed them for 45,000 XP!

The downsides are that it takes a crazy amount of box space while you stock up on all your evo materials. And Thursday becomes Dragon Plant Day. But it's the only good way to level your monsters to a point where you can go past Castle of Satan.

Oh, before I forget.

Public Service Announcement: Tuesday 10/1 has the Scarlet Snake Princess dungeon. If you do not have a naga or Echidna, run this until you get one. Nagas (and their evolved forms) are the most vital monsters in the game.

Trust me on this one. :smallsmile:

Starwulf
2013-09-29, 10:23 PM
Wow. I have a naga, it's been sitting in my box forever. I had no idea that the Enchidna's special ability was quite so powerful. 50% of my total attack dealt every turn to all monsters just as a leader skill? what in the world! LOL. time to start raising her up!

edit; WHOA WHOA WHOA! I just checked out her Ultimate evo form....good lord. 200% dmg dealt. That would wipe out like every dungeon around with little to no effort.

On a more depressing note, apparently I'm not really capable of beating the weekend dungeon on expert without an enchantress siren. A regular siren just doesn't regen enough health for me to be able to beat it. Lost with one of the bosses left, sucks too, was a great run, had 70k coins already!

Second Edit: You aren't just whistling dixie about beating down the levels after the Castle of Satan....I haven't gotten past the third level of the first dungeon after it. Though...I haven't tried again lately either come to think of it. Might have to give it a go sometime soon, see how much I've come along.

Third edit(LOL): For the pengdra cycle, thanks for explaining it. Unfortunately that's not going to be to terribly much use for me right now, I need better monsters first, i actually have all my primary monsters maxed out, with the exception of Chaos Devil Dragon. Good for leveling my secondary monsters for mono-color teams though I guess.

Though I guess once I fusion evolve a couple of my guys with the dub mythlits and divine masks, their max level will go up to 99, and I'll be needing those pengdra after-all...hmmm.

OOOOH, question time! Will dual-colored monsters(those with a sub-element), get max exp from either color pengdra/dragon? Like, with my Dark Ice Leviathan, can I get max exp from both metal dragons and sapphire ones?

obryn
2013-09-29, 10:39 PM
Sadly, that's only her own damage, and it can get reduced to 0 pretty easily. Her leader skill isn't the good part about her*; it's her active skill.

A max-skilled Red Empress Echidna is the most powerful defensive monster in the game. Even at a 15-turn cooldown, she's amazingly helpful. Her stats are kind of terrible, apart from her RCV, but that's irrelevant.

Menace is what it's all about. Menace stops all enemies from attacking (or doing anything) for three full turns. That's three rounds of you smacking on them unanswered, three rounds of healing up with hearts, or three rounds of charging up everyone else's skills. It's the difference between defeat and victory in hard dungeons.

* As for her Leader skill, it can wreck low-level dungeons, but it doesn't have staying power. Frankly, the only real use for it where you're at is lazy-farming the Thursday dungeon.

e: Nope, on dual-color monsters, you only get the bonus for the Primary.

Starwulf
2013-09-29, 10:46 PM
Ahhh. Hell that active ability does sound like it could be quite the lifesaver. As long as you can survive a single round of any enemy attacking, you can have plenty of time to heal back up, her 3 rounds + their own cooldown. Yeah that does still sound extremely worthwhile. Of course, if her leader skill was everyones attack dished out, she'd be the most powerful offense and defensive monster in the game ^^

Hmm, I had another thought/question, but it slipped my mind while typing that first part. HOpefully I'll remember it soon, LOL.

edit: AH HAH! I remembered it! How do you specifically level up monsters skill level? I've read that it reduces cool down time, which is awesome, it would make farming certain dungeons infinitely easier. But I don't think I have a single monster whose skill is above the base level of 1, which is kinda irritating.

obryn
2013-09-30, 08:35 AM
Skilling up monsters is kind of late-game stuff, so at your stage you shouldn't necessarily worry much about it. But the basics...

Whenever you feed a monster to another monster with the exact same skill - that is a skill with precisely the same name - there's a 10% chance that the monster's skill level will improve by 1. During most events - when there's x2 skill up - this increases to 20%. That's a big deal, actually, for advanced players.

The basic advice is: save all (important) skill-up feedings for a x2 event. Otherwise you're wasting the opportunity. That's how I have a max-skill Empress Echidna, a max skill Asgard Golem, max skill Rose Queen Valk, max-skill Earth-Rending Sieg, max-skill (finally!) CuChulainn, etc.

The easiest important monsters to max-skill are Siren (from marine goblins), Titan (from samurai goblins), and golems (from Keepers). Demons are also easy to max-skill (though it takes a lot of skill ups to do it), but aren't particularly awesome for most teams.

Other notes...

There's a godfest starting at 8 pm Pacific. The gods in this fest are pretty varied; the Norse ones are great for running mono-color teams. The "Greco-Roman" ones mostly aren't great leaders, but are good as subs. Indian gods are likewise good for mono-color teams, but are a bit behind the curve compared to Norse. When it's active the REM button will say GODFEST Live!. Important note, if nobody was kind enough to tell you this yet: only use the REM during a Godfest. :smallsmile: If you have stones saved up and don't have a lot of good leaders, this is a good time for it!

Anyway, have fun. :smallbiggrin:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-30, 11:38 AM
Important note, if nobody was kind enough to tell you this yet: only use the REM during a Godfest. :smallsmile: If you have stones saved up and don't have a lot of good leaders, this is a good time for it!

D: Now you tell me!

obryn
2013-09-30, 11:56 AM
D: Now you tell me!
Sorry man. :smallsmile:

I think the PAD Wikia talks about this a bit, too. But more or less the REM only has like a 10% chance normally of giving you something really good (that being, a god of some sort). There's always (literally always) a carnival going, and there's a chance you could pull one of those, too. During a godfest, this turns into about 30% for the gods in the 'fest.

e: Oh, and you have Byakko, so you're set for a bit regardless. :smallsmile: Re-rolling until you get a good starter god is the single best thing you can do. I didn't because I was too "invested" into my account. Fortunately, I pulled Ra shortly after that, which opened up basically all the doors.

I just worry that I sound like a jerk when I give advice like that. :smallredface:

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-09-30, 03:50 PM
Turns out there's gonna be a 3DS version of this game, complete with snazzy anime intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Ka5QKvE1A).

Starwulf
2013-09-30, 06:34 PM
Are the various "drops"(marin, poporing and drops, as well as angelring) from poring tower useful for anything besides a good amount of exp(a lot of them are 10-25k exp per one)? What about the Angelring?(I have two of them now from the event). Just wondering as I'm going to just fuse them if they aren't useful for much.

Turns out there's gonna be a 3DS version of this game, complete with snazzy anime intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Ka5QKvE1A).

That was a pretty nifty little video there. I was happy cuz I'm pretty sure I saw Chaos Devil Dragon in there! (I love my CDD, he's so mean looking, but he's really a big ole softie).

@Obryn: One other question, do you have any tips for completing the Rainbow Master dungeon? I desperately need a Keeper of Rainbow as well, he's required for an evolution or two. Neither are too terribly important right now, but I wouldn't mind getting them sooner rather then later, but he just hits so freaking hard(22k dmg or so in one hit), I just can't absorb that right now it seems.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-01, 02:01 PM
Finally got up to 5 magic stones so I figured I'd roll the dice. Got a highlander. No god, but he seems pretty good.

Seriously considering buying some gems, but it's basically gambling.

@Starwulf: Seems like most people recommend having Odin on your team as a leader, but maybe you could get away with a resolve+auto-healer team?

SiuiS
2013-10-01, 02:09 PM
I hate you both Nd am downloading this game now.

Hate in a loving fashion, of course :smallwink:

obryn
2013-10-01, 02:19 PM
Are the various "drops"(marin, poporing and drops, as well as angelring) from poring tower useful for anything besides a good amount of exp(a lot of them are 10-25k exp per one)? What about the Angelring?(I have two of them now from the event). Just wondering as I'm going to just fuse them if they aren't useful for much.
Mostly they give good XP. If you have Kagutuschi, Angeling can skill him up. Otherwise, he's 45k xp to a red dude, so that's pretty awesome.

Ghostrings are the only incredibly useful ones. Maybe a Poring itself if you need armor break really badly.

@Obryn: One other question, do you have any tips for completing the Rainbow Master dungeon? I desperately need a Keeper of Rainbow as well, he's required for an evolution or two. Neither are too terribly important right now, but I wouldn't mind getting them sooner rather then later, but he just hits so freaking hard(22k dmg or so in one hit), I just can't absorb that right now it seems.
There's a few really good ways to do it, but most will take a bit of time at your level. The best way is "burn him to the ground with a ton of damage." But failing that...

* Resist/Resist. You have a Chaos Devil Dragon. Get another 50% resist lead as a buddy. This will drop his damage to ~5500 or so. If you have at least that many HP, you can do this.
* Odin/Autoheal. Requires you to have Siren or (green) Odin and the other one to be on your friends list. You need ~4400 or so HP.
* Resolve. (NOT RECOMMENDED) Kind of like for the masks and the like. You will hate this - Keeper of Rainbow has almost a million hit points - but with your Ogre and a friend's Siren/Alraune/Archangel/Amaterasu, you can't lose. But prepare for a slog. Fortunately, it's double drop today and somewhere around 80%-90% drop rates for the end guy. Instead of lowballing your HP, use high-ATK monsters like evolved Goblins, Dragons, Chimeras or Demons in the resolve mix instead of sprites or seeds or whatever; otherwise, it is essentially unwinnable.

Good luck :smallsmile:

Woohoo!

It's a great time to start, it being a Godfest RIGHT NOW. :smallbiggrin:

This is your bible: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/New_Players%27_Guide

"Reroll" until you get something in the top two tiers. You have a good chance of that now. :smallsmile: Once you get one you're happy with, add me - 357,549,260 - and I'll pimp your ride. (Inasmuch as it is possible.) If you pull something that looks cool and it's not on the list, it's not as cool as it looks and you should reroll anyway. (For example, if you get a shiny gold egg that is a [something] Rider, it's terrible and a cruel trolling joke played on you by GungHo.)

Finally got up to 5 magic stones so I figured I'd roll the dice. Got a highlander. No god, but he seems pretty good.
His final form (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Noble_Wolf_King,_Cu_Chulainn) is a cornerstone of my Ra team. I got him max skilled this weekend, and I'm thrilled about it. He's awesome, but you're in for quite a long stretch to get him leveled up to there. Really, it's like two million green XP, something like 4 Mystic Masks, etc. Fortunately, he's solid even before that.

He's technically "farmable" in a dungeon called Two Heroes, but that's a rough one for a new player. Eventually, he can be used as a solid leader of a Balanced team or as a vital sub on Green, Rainbow, or Balanced teams.

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-01, 02:47 PM

Yay! /) Welcome to my latest obsession. Be prepared to lose countless hours to this thing, all because of cute/badass monsters. (Speaking of cute monsters, allow me to introduce you to my latest crush (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Deep_Chimera) :smallredface:.)

Fun fact: I have to avoid playing this game late at night. I've actually had dreams where I was controlling them by matching bizarrely coloured gems XD

His final form (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Noble_Wolf_King,_Cu_Chulainn) is a cornerstone of my Ra team. I got him max skilled this weekend, and I'm thrilled about it. He's awesome, but you're in for quite a long stretch to get him leveled up to there. Really, it's like two million green XP, something like 4 Mystic Masks, etc. Fortunately, he's solid even before that.

He's technically "farmable" in a dungeon called Two Heroes, but that's a rough one for a new player. Eventually, he can be used as a solid leader of a Balanced team or as a vital sub on Green, Rainbow, or Balanced teams.
Ooh, good to know. If I'm honest, I think his final form looks a little over-the-top. And for this game, that's saying something. :smalltongue:

obryn
2013-10-01, 02:59 PM
Re: Keeper of Rainbow

I just put my Arch Hades up for you guys. Starwulf - Your Chaos Devil Dragon + my Hades should get through him. If he's not showing up and you need him, either send me a message in game or reply to this thread.

Bonus - if you stall for 29 rounds (easy to do on the Keeper of Dark or Light right before Rainbow), Hades's Gravity will come up and knock something like 300k off him, right off the bat.

He should ease your way considerably. :smallsmile: He has around 2370 HP, so you will have to have at least 3,172 HP on your team - that's the chaos devil dragon and all your subs - to survive his attack.

Starwulf
2013-10-01, 09:53 PM
If you could put up that Arch Hades again, I'd be appreciative of it ^^ I sent you a msg about in-game as well, figured I'd double my chances of you seeing it though by posting here.

obryn
2013-10-01, 09:57 PM
If you could put up that Arch Hades again, I'd be appreciative of it ^^ I sent you a msg about in-game as well, figured I'd double my chances of you seeing it though by posting here.
You got it!

Starwulf
2013-10-01, 11:08 PM
Sigh, I missed you :-(. LOL. I had to run down to the gas station to get bread, then by the time I got back supper was ready, when I was done I checked the thread and saw you had replied less then 5 minutes after I posted. Raced to PAD and you were already gone. Ahh well, next week I suppose ^^

obryn
2013-10-01, 11:09 PM
Sigh, I missed you :-(. LOL. I had to run down to the gas station to get bread, then by the time I got back supper was ready, when I was done I checked the thread and saw you had replied less then 5 minutes after I posted. Raced to PAD and you were already gone. Ahh well, next week I suppose ^^

Back up now. :smallsmile:

E: Or now at least.

Starwulf
2013-10-02, 12:09 AM
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got the Master of rainbow. I had to burn through two magic stones(twice I completely ran out of hearts, for literally the entire 5 turns it took for him to attack again), but I killed him and he dropped! WOOTAGE!

edit: and now I"m sad again. LOL. I'll still have to wait till next week, as it turns out I need TWO keeper of the rainbows in order to evolve my Flowerdragon Brachys. LOLOL.

Oh well, I'm halfway there! The other monster that requires him is my Dragon Rider, and after looking at him, I don't think evolving him into dragon rider arthur is particularly worth using a keeper of rainbow on.

2nd edit: Holy crap. you were NOT joking when you said 4x ghostrings was easy mode for the masks. Instant kill every time, and stalling on the first set of monsters was easy, I had 5600 HP, they took like 4800 of that, but by the time they attacked again, I was long since fully healed(I used Enchantress of the Sea, siren as my friend).

sadly I didn't get the divine mask my first run, but that hardly matters, I'll have plenty of chances tomorrow, I'm sure I"ll get at least 2 of them by the time I'm done, if not more(I finally have 50 stamina). I also got a magic stone for completing the expert level, so when next tuesday rolls around again next week, I'll have the two stones I"ll likely need to be able to keep keeper of rainbow again. Can't wait to have a fully evolved Flowerdragon Gaia Brachys.

even better, I got a 2nd evolution Flowerdragon(not sure what his lower form is called) after beating the Ancient Wood Dragon on expert, so I'm going to evolve him up to Flowerdragon rq before I evolve my current guy to his ultimate form, and see if I can't just get a skill-up from him ^^

My enthusiasm for the game has become even greater now that I can effectively farm the monsters that are required for so many evolutions. Now if I could just get my Holy Dragon to 70, I could evolve him to his ultimate form, and have two ultimate evolved Dragons that actually pack quite a punch and contribute a TON of HP(3k+ each at level 99). Super stoked now!

Third edit(LOL): Awww, I evolved the Bracio into a Brachys which gave him the same skill name(Gaia Breath), but didn't get a skill point when I fused him into my Flowerdragon Brachys. sad panda face.

Fourth edit: Is it worth it to evolve susano into susano no mikoto? All I need is one regular mythlith(which i can get just from farming fertile lands dungeon a few times). His level is already maxed at 50. His final stats aren't bad(2700 HP, nearly 1200 attack and about 275 RCV), and his leader skill and even ability aren't to shabby(20% dmg reduction always, 50% from the skill).

Whoa whoa Whoa whoa! I just checked the PAD wikia, and it says the Mythic Mask is a 100% drop rate! Wth man! did I just get screwed, or is the wikia out of date?

obryn
2013-10-02, 07:57 AM
Hey man! Glad you got your Keeper of Rainbow!! And I'm glad Ghostring farming is working out for you. :smallsmile:

The Mystic Mask is only 100% drop when it's an "invade" - that is, it appears before the 5th floor. Otherwise, the drop rate is kinda bad. 40% at best, I think, even on a 2x drop day.

Oh, and no, Dragon Rider is definitely not worth the evo materials. :smallsmile:

Susano is pretty great with certain applications. If you're running a green team, then yes, evo him and start leveling. He'll be a great sub for that! What you need here, when you can get one, is a Mystic Stone Knight which you can evo to Dragon Knight and then Ancient Dragon Knight. First of all, it's an important sub on a mono-green team. Second, for the kinds of monsters you have, ADK is a perfectly good leader.

MonarchAnarch
2013-10-02, 09:21 AM
Wow, what a thread. I stopped read as you guys are way beyond me. lol I've been playing for months, just haven't dedicated alot of time. I just beat castle of satan.

I didn't do any research so I have a horrible mismatch of...stuff. lol I mainly have focused on white/red/dark.

Best cards so far:
lvl 50 Fuma Kotaro
lvl 44 Sarutobi Sasuke
lvl 40 Hades
lvl 34 Angel
lvl 31 Harpie Demon
lvl 31 Verche
lvl 30 Ceres
lvl 30 Vampire Lord

any advice?

My plan was to setup an all physical team...but then I learned what RCU does and how most physical don't have it. So..back to the drawing board. lol

My id is: 323,552,289

obryn
2013-10-02, 10:09 AM
Hmmm, I'd say your best team right now uses the Vampire Lord as the leader with dark subs. But yeah, it is a mish-mash at the moment. :smallsmile:

If you've only beaten Castle of Satan now, I'm certain that re-rolling would help you out in the long run. With a good lead, you could get back to where you are fairly quickly! I posted the link to the wiki a few times upthread; that's the best source.

You can add me, 357,549,260 . I can help as best as I'm able!

SiuiS
2013-10-02, 10:49 AM
Hmm. Got a Cupid from the rare machine. Quick wiki look says that's a bad rare drop, but a good PAL one, so I'll keep it.

Need to do this friend number Cody thing.

obryn
2013-10-02, 11:50 AM
Hmm. Got a Cupid from the rare machine. Quick wiki look says that's a bad rare drop, but a good PAL one, so I'll keep it.

Need to do this friend number Cody thing.

E: 398 374 269
Saw you and added you!

Cupid... Is not very good, I am afraid. My advice is to play a bit, see if you like the game. Use the free stones you get from clearing dungeons to pull a few more times. If you are enjoying it, but haven't pulled anything very good by then, that's when you reroll.

Starting with a good leader makes the game a whole lot more fun in the long term. :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-10-02, 12:25 PM
Saw you and added you!

Cupid... Is not very good, I am afraid. My advice is to play a bit, see if you like the game. Use the free stones you get from clearing dungeons to pull a few more times. If you are enjoying it, but haven't pulled anything very good by then, that's when you reroll.

Starting with a good leader makes the game a whole lot more fun in the long term. :smallsmile:

I am seeing that, yes. Cupid is keeping me alive in situations I'd drop out of, but that only goes so far. Will putz around a bit then maybe try again. I'm remarkably patient.

Well, for some things :P

MonarchAnarch
2013-10-02, 12:32 PM
I think I may have a decent dark only set...persephone, vamp lord, hades, basilisk, and dark dragon knight. are there any events that I can farm well with that? I read your previous notes, will start working on a resolve set and start over.

Wife and 2 kids, I don't get to play a TON so starting over isn't a fantastic plan for me. lol

obryn
2013-10-02, 12:55 PM
I think I may have a decent dark only set...persephone, vamp lord, hades, basilisk, and dark dragon knight. are there any events that I can farm well with that? I read your previous notes, will start working on a resolve set and start over.

Wife and 2 kids, I don't get to play a TON so starting over isn't a fantastic plan for me. lol
Oh, if you have Persephone, you're set. That is indeed a great black team.

Perseph leader, then vamp/hades/ddk . When you get a Rainbow Keeper, use that as your last team member. (or you can farm the Friday dungeon for a dub-mythlit; that will work too.)

Yeah, you're set. Don't reroll; perseph is great.

SiuiS
2013-10-02, 01:10 PM
Query I can't find in the wiki. If you put a bunch of monsters in for the evolution, can you get multiple levels?

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-02, 01:19 PM
I am seeing that, yes. Cupid is keeping me alive in situations I'd drop out of, but that only goes so far. Will putz around a bit then maybe try again. I'm remarkably patient.

Well, for some things :P
Patience is enforced in this game, thanks to the stamina system.

Nothing more annoying then being only a tiny amount of xp away from a new level and running out of stamina. :smallamused:

Query I can't find in the wiki. If you put a bunch of monsters in for the evolution, can you get multiple levels?
Yup, you can gain any number of levels in one go. Just make sure you know what the monster's max level is so you don't waste fodder.

obryn
2013-10-02, 01:27 PM
Yup, you can gain any number of levels in one go. Just make sure you know what the monster's max level is so you don't waste fodder.
In a rather extreme example of this, I fed a max-level Blue Noel (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Snow_Dome_Dragon_Bleu) to a 1st-level Water Dominion Gabriel (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Water_Dominion_Gabriel) and got a GREAT!! result for x1.5 xp. Max-level Noel dragons provide 1.5 million XP to a same-color monster. The 2,250,000 xp took him straight from 1st to 78th level. :smallbiggrin:

SiuiS
2013-10-02, 03:09 PM
Yikes. I'm still basically farming blobs :smalleek:

I'm conflicted. On the one end, I do want a better starter monster. On the other, Cupid is tangibly helpful, and looks to be rather quick to evolve, into a set of monsters considered worth having for early play. And on another, third end, I've actually played with some gods and wow are they, uh, potent.

Still just absorbing detail for strategy. There's obviously a method of playing the board by using placement to rearrange other pieces for example, but it hasn't clicked yet.

obryn
2013-10-02, 03:30 PM
Yikes. I'm still basically farming blobs :smalleek:

I'm conflicted. On the one end, I do want a better starter monster. On the other, Cupid is tangibly helpful, and looks to be rather quick to evolve, into a set of monsters considered worth having for early play. And on another, third end, I've actually played with some gods and wow are they, uh, potent.

Still just absorbing detail for strategy. There's obviously a method of playing the board by using placement to rearrange other pieces for example, but it hasn't clicked yet.
Hah, at low levels, farm Goblins. They're among the best guys you can farm for a while, with good active skills and good evos.

The thing with cupid is that while she can be tangibly helpful, a good starter god is (1) even more tangibly helpful, and (2) useful past the beginning of the game. Cupid, like Siren and a few others, are definitely good to have. No doubt about that. But they're replaceable. "Farmable" even, with varying levels of difficulty. A god, on the other hand, is only available through the REM. That's why it's recommended you get a good one to start; you'll eventually need one for the top-tier content. That's one of the biggest keys to playing as a no- or low-money player.

Cupid also has a downside that's hard to notice at first. Invisible really to a new player. Light monsters are a gigantic pain to level up. Red, Blue, and Green XP are plentiful, between jewel dragons and pengdras. Dark XP is fine with metal dragons. Light XP is really only available in any quantity from very limited dungeons (like the 1-hour Gold Dragon dungeon that pops up during events) and Pengdra Village (likewise). It's almost painful, especially for a new player; trust me - Ra is Light and it took forever to max-level him. That's why on the list of Starter Gods, you won't see any Light monsters in the topmost tiers.

Board strategy... The board strategy can get quite deep. If you're bored, check out Youtubes from tubegameplayer and get your mind blown. The biggest thing to keep in mind is - and it takes a while to notice this - you can move an orb wherever you want on the board, causing other pieces to fall into place, setting up cascades and the like. Eventually, you get pretty good at it.

But the biggest strategy is team-building. It's necessary past the early dungeons. You want your leader and your friend's leader to have complementary Leader skills and a team which can capitalize on it. For example - I have Freyr, a Red (Norse) god who gives x2 ATK/RCV to Red monsters. I have friends on my list with Ares, a Red (Greek) god who gives x2 ATK/HP to Red monsters. Together we form what's kind of erroneously called a 4/2/2 team; all my red monsters have 4x ATK, 2x RCV and 2x HP.

Likewise, I have Ra who's pretty impossible without a lot of practice. If I match all 5 colors, I get a x6 multiplier on damage. With a Ra friend, that boosts to x36, allowing me to burn down most dungeons really, really quickly.

So anyway, that's the strategy. :smallsmile:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-02, 03:43 PM

The biggest thing to keep in mind is - and it takes a while to notice this - you can move an orb wherever you want on the board, causing other pieces to fall into place, setting up cascades and the like. Eventually, you get pretty good at it.
This, so much. It took me quite a while to realise this wasn't like bejewelled where the piece you move just switches places with one other piece. The game is about tracing a path across the board to move all the other orbs. Using Byakko's ability has taught me how to look out for patterns and ways to move a single orb so that it shuffles 3-6 other patches into place.

And I think I still have more to learn. The folks on youtube seem to move their pieces so fast and then end up with a perfectly ordered board. It's amazing. *_*

SiuiS
2013-10-02, 04:25 PM
Cupid also has a downside that's hard to notice at first. Invisible really to a new player. Light monsters are a gigantic pain to level up. Red, Blue, and Green XP are plentiful, between jewel dragons and pengdras. Dark XP is fine with metal dragons. Light XP is really only available in any quantity from very limited dungeons (like the 1-hour Gold Dragon dungeon that pops up during events) and Pengdra Village (likewise). It's almost painful, especially for a new player; trust me - Ra is Light and it took forever to max-level him. That's why on the list of Starter Gods, you won't see any Light monsters in the topmost tiers.

Yeah. Only reason haven't done it yet is should have started sleeping hours ago. >_<

E: had time for one quick redo... Got a Cupid again >__>
I'm superstitious enough to really wanna dig into details before deciding to scrap her again >_<

Board strategy... The board strategy can get quite deep. If you're bored, check out Youtubes from tubegameplayer and get your mind blown. The biggest thing to keep in mind is - and it takes a while to notice this - you can move an orb wherever you want on the board, causing other pieces to fall into place, setting up cascades and the like. Eventually, you get pretty good at it.

Aye. I can only really set up two or three five piece combos, right now. But the math is percolating. I just keep forgetting that a five gem combo is wasted on a single monster. XD

This, so much. It took me quite a while to realise this wasn't like bejewelled where the piece you move just switches places with one other piece. The game is about tracing a path across the board to move all the other orbs. Using Byakko's ability has taught me how to look out for patterns and ways to move a single orb so that it shuffles 3-6 other patches into place.

And I think I still have more to learn. The folks on youtube seem to move their pieces so fast and then end up with a perfectly ordered board. It's amazing. *_*

Mise en place. It's actually pretty intuitive. Have you ever sued final fantasy 1? Have you ever gone onto the ships d hit select 50 times? That slider puzzle game is a good example; rotational chains. The hard part is remembering to plan it out before you move,and learn to setup next turn with this one(which I don't do)

obryn
2013-10-02, 06:53 PM
Yeah. Only reason haven't done it yet is should have started sleeping hours ago. >_<

E: had time for one quick redo... Got a Cupid again >__>
I'm superstitious enough to really wanna dig into details before deciding to scrap her again >_<
Hahaha... That's called getting GungTrolled. Where it looks like random chance is conspiring against you. Happens a whoooole lot in this crazy game. I know you want to learn yourself, but if you ask me, you would be better off with almost literally any other monster you could draw from the REM.

Ask Diego if waiting for a good god worked out well for him. :smallsmile:

Aye. I can only really set up two or three five piece combos, right now. But the math is percolating. I just keep forgetting that a five gem combo is wasted on a single monster. XD

Mise en place. It's actually pretty intuitive. Have you ever sued final fantasy 1? Have you ever gone onto the ships d hit select 50 times? That slider puzzle game is a good example; rotational chains. The hard part is remembering to plan it out before you move,and learn to setup next turn with this one(which I don't do)
Yeah, another important bit is clearing out "useless" orbs. So, if you have a red/blue/black team, clearing out as many green/light/heart orbs as you can both to increase your combo bonuses and make room for the orbs you do want. For Ra, it's making sure I have at least 3 of every color and getting rid of as many hearts as possible. Orb-changers like Mystic Knights and the "heartbreakers" (Highlander/Berserk/Titan/Vampire/Valkyrie and their evolutions) help a lot, here.

There's more strategy than you might expect.

Starwulf
2013-10-02, 07:28 PM
Hahaha... That's called getting GungTrolled. Where it looks like random chance is conspiring against you. Happens a whoooole lot in this crazy game. I know you want to learn yourself, but if you ask me, you would be better off with almost literally any other monster you could draw from the REM.

Almost!!! Lol....I honestly wish I had a cupid, at least compared to what I pulled, and by the time I found out you could re-roll, I was already rank 25ish, and didn't want to start over. I pulled a freaking Dragon Rider for my initial pull, and while I at first was like "Omg, he's so awesome and epic", it didn't take to very long before I realized just how weak he truly was.

Honestly, I have my moments even now where I contemplate resetting to get a god monster. But, I have my ghostrings now, so major evolutions are a lot easier to come by(I've gotten two Mythic masks so far today btw), and I did pull a Susano a while back, and while he's not the greatest "god" monster, he's a damn sight better then Dragon Rider. I also have a Verche that I'm going to evolve sometime soon.

On another note: Wow, I didn't realize the Snow globe dragons were worth so much exp. Now that I know that fact, once I have a better green monster to use instead of my green Noel, Imma max his level and feed him to someone else. That's a ton of exp!

Edit: Btw, did GungHo just add the ability to buy more friend spaces? Or is that just something that's unlocked once you hit a certain rank? I'm pretty sure it's new, because I don't remember seeing it last night, and I haven't gained a rank since then(when I first completed the Keeper of Rainbow dungeon)

Samuel Sturm
2013-10-02, 08:00 PM
Hey Obryn, I just sent you a friend request. Name is Blade in-game, currently leading with Freyr.

obryn
2013-10-02, 08:07 PM
Almost!!! Lol....I honestly wish I had a cupid, at least compared to what I pulled, and by the time I found out you could re-roll, I was already rank 25ish, and didn't want to start over. I pulled a freaking Dragon Rider for my initial pull, and while I at first was like "Omg, he's so awesome and epic", it didn't take to very long before I realized just how weak he truly was.

Honestly, I have my moments even now where I contemplate resetting to get a god monster. But, I have my ghostrings now, so major evolutions are a lot easier to come by(I've gotten two Mythic masks so far today btw), and I did pull a Susano a while back, and while he's not the greatest "god" monster, he's a damn sight better then Dragon Rider. I also have a Verche that I'm going to evolve sometime soon.
Are you on iOS or Android? If Android, rooted? Because it's possible to back up your current game, save the data files, and restart. But where you're at, you're probably in it for the haul. It may or may not be worth it - depending on next godfest - to get some rocks and roll a few times. Sadly, unless you have a top-tier starter, that's the only good way to tackle Descended content.

And yes, Riders are, bar none, the worst gold eggs you can pull. They look awesome, and as a new player I was like, "HOLY COW THEY HAVE TWO COLORS?!" But they have bad stats and a bad leader skill. I have several in my box, and I keep hoping GungHo does something to make them good in a later update like they did for Puzzdroid.

Glad the Ghostring farming is working out for you. :smallsmile:

On another note: Wow, I didn't realize the Snow globe dragons were worth so much exp. Now that I know that fact, once I have a better green monster to use instead of my green Noel, Imma max his level and feed him to someone else. That's a ton of exp!

Edit: Btw, did GungHo just add the ability to buy more friend spaces? Or is that just something that's unlocked once you hit a certain rank? I'm pretty sure it's new, because I don't remember seeing it last night, and I haven't gained a rank since then(when I first completed the Keeper of Rainbow dungeon)
Green Noel dragons are actually really good leaders. Like, seriously very good. You should try and max him out, then build a green team around him. If you have some high-HP green subs and a green Noel or Archangel Michael friend, you don't even need ghostrings to farm the Masks or Dub-lits because you can tank so much damage. Otherwise, try and find Freyja and Artemis friends to team up with to get a damage multiplier.

But yes, if you get a top-tier god, feed a (maxed out!) Noel to them once you get them to Lvl 1 of their final form. Don't waste him on Susano; Susano is good, but situational.

obryn
2013-10-02, 08:15 PM
Hey Obryn, I just sent you a friend request. Name is Blade in-game, currently leading with Freyr.
Awesome!

I added everyone from this thread to my Favorites so I don't accidentally delete you next time I'm pruning my list.

Starwulf
2013-10-02, 08:41 PM
Awesome!

I added everyone from this thread to my Favorites so I don't accidentally delete you next time I'm pruning my list.

I'm glad to see I"m not the only person who does that. If someone hasn't logged in for over two weeks, I don't see the point of keeping them around, as it usually means they've lost interest in the game.

As for what I'm running, I play on a Nook HD+ with android, but no it's not rooted, and I honestly have no idea on how to do it, and not sure my wife would let me even if I found a step by step guide on how to do it for idiots(it's her tablet).

Sad to hear that I'll likely never be able to tackle descended content with a good god starter :-(. That's kinda pissy, and also a bit unfair for people who don't realize this until they are substantially invested in the game. I mean honestly, if it wasn't for the ghostrings, I'd be tempted, but I have no idea when another poring tower would come around, nor if I'd be strong enough to do it on expert again. Not to mention there is little to no guarantee that I'd pull another Devil Dragon from the REM again, especially since a lot of the stones that I used to get him came from the fact that when I first joined, they were giving away stones like hotcakes because of the million downloads/summer event.

Bah, now I'm kinda frustrated, LOL.

obryn
2013-10-02, 09:00 PM
I was exaggerating a bit. I tend to do that.

There are several really good leaders you can get once you're leveled enough from Descended dungeons. And a few you can get even earlier, like Ancient Dragon Knight (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/231/guide) (who's about to get an Ultimate Evo boost).

The first key is getting a team to take out Hera. Get two of her. Maybe three. Gravity unlocks many options. She is winnable with a resolve team and a ghostring, actually. Grab some Ninjas from the samurai dungeon if you can. Mid Ninjas are the best resolve subs out there.

If you can beat Hera, Two Heroes isn't far behind. Both are excellent.

From there, you can begin to put together a team to take on Zeus and Goemon. Both are capable of doing literally everything with farmable subs. Goemon in particular is an amazing asset, and winnable with a strong blue team.

So there is a path. It's just longer. Don't despair! :smallbiggrin:

Edit: And just for the record, I started with Piedra (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Pierdra). I pulled Hades as my second. I didn't get very far until I evolved myself an Ancient Dragon Knight (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_Dragon_Knight), got a team full of the Ripper dragons, and made a bunch of ADK friends. That got me to an Egyptian Godfest where I pulled Ra, and the rest is history.

(oh, and I put together the Guide for ADK on pad.wikia; let me know if it's unclear.)

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 12:39 AM
My favorite moment so far was using a... Meimei? Dragon turtle goddess. And a mystic light knight to turn everything light/wood/dark and then turning all the dark orbs light. Think I actually lost out a bit because I was sloppy, but I almost cleared the whole screen.

obryn
2013-10-03, 01:00 AM
My favorite moment so far was using a... Meimei? Dragon turtle goddess. And a mystic light knight to turn everything light/wood/dark and then turning all the dark orbs light. Think I actually lost out a bit because I was sloppy, but I almost cleared the whole screen.
Oh goodness, yes. The Chinese pantheon is awesome that way. There's an insane dude on the JP servers who puts up YouTube vids. He runs Anubis/Anubis*, which is - for most of us mortals - pretty insane except in a tri-color dungeon.

He has two Byakko Chinese Girls on his team, which do that orb change trick. It makes those Anubis combos a whole lot more achievable!

And yes, the Mystic Knights are pretty much essential subs for any mono-color team. They are farmable, though - four of them have their own dungeon to drop from, and during many events they appear as random encounters in a few dungeons. My red team never leaves home without my Phoenix Knight Homura.

-O

* Anubis gives a x10 damage multiplier if you get at least 10 combos. There's 30 orbs on the board at any one time, so it's very much luck based and dependent on cascades. With two of them, it's x100 base, but because you have 10 combos, it's really x225 because of how the orb damage works. In other words, instant death for anything. But impossible to use, even if you're cheating, because it's almost completely dependent on luck.

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 04:43 AM
... That's Cupid #3 >_<
Toyceratops, now.
And golem of wood.
And Titan.

Hmm. Maybe I'll wait for the next god fest? Nothing in the floral carnival really catches my eye.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-03, 05:38 AM
I haven't played Final Fantasy 1, no. And planning moves is definitely the hard part. Too many times have I started a move only to screw it up because I got half-way through and forgot what to do next. XD

Ask Diego if waiting for a good god worked out well for him. :smallsmile:
*nods* I got really stuck early on. Byakko helped me out of a lot of scrapes.

Just need one of those keeper fellas and I can evolve her.

I had a similar moment before I rerolled. I used the fox girl's power (can't remember her name) to turn all light and wood orbs to healing, followed by samurai goblin's power to turn healing to fire. Good times.

... That's Cupid #3 >_<
Toyceratops, now.
Ouch. Good luck.

obryn
2013-10-03, 07:39 AM
... That's Cupid #3 >_<
Toyceratops, now.
And golem of wood.
And Titan.

Hmm. Maybe I'll wait for the next god fest? Nothing in the floral carnival really catches my eye.
OUCH! You're getting trolled hard, here.

obryn
2013-10-03, 09:16 AM
So let's talk SUPER KINGS!

There's a Super King Metal Dragon hour-long dungeon open today. You can check out when it will be open for you on pad.wikia.com; it's based on your group (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Event_Time_Lookup). Times are in Pacific on the wikia front page.

Super King Metal Dragons is expensive; it costs 50 stamina. Since finishing it the first time will net you a stone, it's not a terrible idea to spend a stone for a stamina refill. (Just don't spend many stones to run it over and over again.)

It's a "gimmick" dungeon, and the Super King Metal Dragon himself is pretty tough. He's beatable, though, if you have one of these options...

Ra's Active ability, which ignores defense
Strong poison, like from Abyss Neptune. Ghostring can work with double-resist, too; make sure your team has good HP and RCV, because you will need to heal 2,500 every 2 rounds. Use a ghostring lead, a second ghostring sub, and a dark resist friend.
Powerful defense breaking, like Top Droidragon or Shiva. If you can do 12.5k damage, you could also use a Poring or Light/Dark Golem.
If you have a final-evo Holy Dragon (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Holy_Dragon), you can do it with a Knight's Defense Break active and the Dragon's breath.
A resolve team - led by an Ogre and an auto-healer - with Poison on a sub. This is the safest option for a lot of newer players.

If you don't have any of these yourself, you can find them on your buddy list. (For example - my Ra.) The Super King himself has 60k defense and 5,000 HP, so even poisoning will take a long time; like 12 rounds for a Ghostring. He hits hard, too - 10,000 dark every 2 turns. Ideally, you want to nuke him before he can attack.

If you charge up the right active skill on the first floor, it should be pretty easy. There's only two real exceptions - and that's if you get a Super King Invade on 1 or on 4. Then ... things can get hairy. It's not likely, but unless you brought along multiple ways to take him down, that will end it. Or if you have a resolve team, you should be good; just be prepared to stall a bunch.

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 10:19 AM
So let's talk SUPER KINGS!

http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2011/080/1/c/super_king_by_thefightingmongooses-d3c5cuy.png

Got Parvati! She's niche but better than Cupid.

Can someone break down how experience works in practical language? Phone no read wiki. Not well, at least; I read something about XP, and types working together, but then couldn't re-find it.

Also, eggs with a + on them. Those monsters give permanent boosts to stuff, right? It's a carbuncle, should I just feed it to my tiger goddess?

obryn
2013-10-03, 11:12 AM
Got Parvati! She's niche but better than Cupid.

Can someone break down how experience works in practical language? Phone no read wiki. Not well, at least; I read something about XP, and types working together, but then couldn't re-find it.

Also, eggs with a + on them. Those monsters give permanent boosts to stuff, right? It's a carbuncle, should I just feed it to my tiger goddess?
Awesome! Parvati is great!

XP... There are two kinds, rank XP - which is you - and monster xp. Parv probably came out of the machine at 30, right? If so, don't level her until the rest of your team is 30. Work on getting stuff like goblins, demons, and the like. Focus on green, of course.

If you feed same color to same color, the monster gets 1.5x the xp. This is very helpful.

+1s are indeed permanent bonuses! Yes, Parv is a great recipient. Watch out though, because feeding + eggs is expensive and gets more expensive later. No biggie at your level, just keep it in mind.

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 11:15 AM
She is 30. That's remarkably helpful even when there aren't many wood orbs.

The amount, though. How do you deduce how much XP a monster is worth? To do the whole "not dropping extra fodder on max level Mons" thing.

Would that be "lvl 1 fodder XP"?

obryn
2013-10-03, 11:39 AM
She is 30. That's remarkably helpful even when there aren't many wood orbs.

The amount, though. How do you deduce how much XP a monster is worth? To do the whole "not dropping extra fodder on max level Mons" thing.

Would that be "lvl 1 fodder XP"?
30 is a good start. Which Parv did you get? Normal Parv or Golden Goddess? I'm guessing the normal one. That's fine, for the moment. Eventually you will want to evo her, but that's down the road quite a ways. Important: make sure you Favorite your best monsters.

Ok, on both the wiki and puzzledragonx.com, there are a few relevant stats. But when you're feeding one monster to another, it will tell you how much XP you're getting. That's the fodder XP in the wiki. Higher level monsters provide more fodder XP.

E: I don't know if the paywall is up at the moment, but this is even more reliable and up to date than the wiki, with awesome new player advice. It has Parv up in the Great tier where she belongs.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3561415&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 12:56 PM
Dang. Paywall is back up.
Just regular Parvati, no golden goddess. Leaving her be for the moment build-up wise, and focusing... Uh? Well, not focusing really. More just doing whatever is possible at the time. Working on the starter dragon predominantly, but really just putzing around until I get a good head on my shoulders.

Currently, not any room to really do anything useful — Parvati's cost is 20, which means I can bring color blobs just to keep damage flowing until I get more wood orbs but that's it.

obryn
2013-10-03, 01:05 PM
Dang. Paywall is back up.
Just regular Parvati, no golden goddess. Leaving her be for the moment build-up wise, and focusing... Uh? Well, not focusing really. More just doing whatever is possible at the time. Working on the starter dragon predominantly, but really just putzing around until I get a good head on my shoulders.

Currently, not snout room to really do anything useful — Parvati's cost is 20, which means I can bring color blobs just to keep damage flowing until I get more wood orbs but that's it.
Yep, that's how you start until ranking up a bit. Grab goblins when you can, and on Friday you can try to snag some dub-emelits. :smallsmile:

If you have the stamina, run the Dragon dungeon today. If you get a Dragon Fruit, it's a great green sub for your level.

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 02:19 PM
Yep, that's how you start until ranking up a bit. Grab goblins when you can, and on Friday you can try to snag some dub-emelits. :smallsmile:

If you have the stamina, run the Dragon dungeon today. If you get a Dragon Fruit, it's a great green sub for your level.

Good suggestion! That was a tough and exhilarating run, and I got a dragon fruit and dragon flower out of it (along with some Evo fodder) and will check them out shortly. They may be worth bringing just for a straight up green team.

I got lucky and a random lark had me friend a guy. Who had Bastet. Who came online for giving every attack the multi- property and made that last fight survivable; the dragon fruit brought me to a few hundred each shot, so if his lackeys weren't taken out of the picture, the syncopated cycles would have eventually wiped me out.

It's appropriate that my first delve into the game gets me a whole bunch of green goddesses.

obryn
2013-10-03, 02:28 PM
Good suggestion! That was a tough and exhilarating run, and I got a dragon fruit and dragon flower out of it (along with some Evo fodder) and will check them out shortly. They may be worth bringing just for a straight up green team.

I got lucky and a random lark had me friend a guy. Who had Bastet. Who came online for giving every attack the multi- property and made that last fight survivable; the dragon fruit brought me to a few hundred each shot, so if his lackeys weren't taken out of the picture, the syncopated cycles would have eventually wiped me out.

It's appropriate that my first delve into the game gets me a whole bunch of green goddesses.
Awesome. :smallsmile: Yes, the dragon fruit will help later as evo material, but right at the moment it's a very capable green team member. The flower, I dunno, but the fruit definitely!

I forgot that the fruit could be pretty hard at very low levels! Sorry about that. :smallsmile: But you got one, so that's great!! And Bastet is a good friend to have.

SiuiS
2013-10-03, 02:38 PM
Girlfriend: wait, why aren't you in my list?
Me: oh, I deleted my game and re-downloaded it eight times until I got a good monster.
Girlfriend: oh, we can do that? *Deletes, plays* I got an Artemis. Should I restart?
Me: Dx

And now Team Green is even stronger! Time for bed, I think. XD
SO ADDICTING

obryn
2013-10-03, 02:51 PM
Girlfriend: wait, why aren't you in my list?
Me: oh, I deleted my game and re-downloaded it eight times until I got a good monster.
Girlfriend: oh, we can do that? *Deletes, plays* I got an Artemis. Should I restart?
Me: Dx

And now Team Green is even stronger! Time for bed, I think. XD
SO ADDICTING
HAHA! Nice. You both got good pulls from the Carnival!! And yes, Artemis is quite good. :smallbiggrin:

I've gone down the rabbit hole and out the other side. Just installed the JP version on my Nexus 7 alongside the normal version. It's a good thing I know this game because all this crazy japanese writing is confusing!

Starwulf
2013-10-03, 02:59 PM
About the super kings: You say you need an ability to heal 2500 HP every two turns. Would an Enchantress of the Sea, Siren work for that? Or do you need the dual resist just to get the damage down to that. My Super king dungeon pops up at 9, and I was planning on doing it. I can easily stick my Chaos Devil Dragon up as my leader and pop two ghostrings on there for the poison to take out the Super King. I just need to figure out if I can use Siren, or if I'll need to ask you to stick your Arch hades up again come 9pm EST(that's when the dungeon will pop up for me).

This could possibly give me the ability to take my CDD from 70ish to 90ish today, I'll probably burn the stone gained from completion to do it again.

obryn
2013-10-03, 03:13 PM
About the super kings: You say you need an ability to heal 2500 HP every two turns. Would an Enchantress of the Sea, Siren work for that? Or do you need the dual resist just to get the damage down to that. My Super king dungeon pops up at 9, and I was planning on doing it. I can easily stick my Chaos Devil Dragon up as my leader and pop two ghostrings on there for the poison to take out the Super King. I just need to figure out if I can use Siren, or if I'll need to ask you to stick your Arch hades up again come 9pm EST(that's when the dungeon will pop up for me).

This could possibly give me the ability to take my CDD from 70ish to 90ish today, I'll probably burn the stone gained from completion to do it again.
Sure thing; just send me a message in the game or on here. I'm in Central time. I'm subscribed to this thread, so get email (and thus notification) when people reply.

If you go with Double Resist, I can either put Hades or Ra up. Either way will work. You should lead with Chaos Dragon or Ghostring if so. :smallsmile: If you go this route, make sure you have several high RCV subs. Healing up 2500 every 2 rounds is no mean feat. You'll need to probably hit 4-5 combos a round, with hearts, to keep healing that damage.

The alternative is that you lead with an Ogre and I put Ra up. Then you pray for no invades on Floor 1, stall 14 rounds, and defeat every round normally until you see a Super King. Ogre will keep you from dropping in a single hit and give you a chance at surviving an Invade if Ra isn't ready. Actually, this is probably my first recommendation, now that I think about it.

(I had 2 invades in 7 runs, FYI. One was on Round 1. For me, they're awesome. For you, probably less so.)

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-03, 05:12 PM
Meeeeeh. Can't beat blazing highway or tower of flare. Advice?

obryn
2013-10-03, 05:49 PM
Meeeeeh. Can't beat blazing highway or tower of flare. Advice?
Level your subs for a while. :smallsmile:

Starwulf
2013-10-03, 08:18 PM
alrighty, can you put up Hades up? I'm going to go with CDD and him for my first attempt, we'll see if that works. If not, I have 3 magic stones, and more then willing to burn one for a second attempt with the ogre/resolve strat.

obryn
2013-10-03, 08:20 PM
alrighty, can you put up Hades up? I'm going to go with CDD and him for my first attempt, we'll see if that works. If not, I have 3 magic stones, and more then willing to burn one for a second attempt with the ogre/resolve strat.
There you go!

obryn
2013-10-03, 09:47 PM
So how did it go?

Starwulf
2013-10-03, 10:27 PM
Well, I won, but it was a nasty win. I did get the invasion, though I'm pretty sure it was on the 2nd or third round. I had to burn two magic stones(One per Super King Dragon unfortunately). Got 3 Kings, 1 high, and 1 super. took my CDD from 71 to 77 n a half. Was fun, but definitely need to get a bit stronger before I try that again.

Thanks for the assist man!

Fjolnir
2013-10-04, 12:22 AM
is there any way a non-android/ios person can play this game and get in on it, because it sounds like a ton of fun...

SiuiS
2013-10-04, 04:35 AM
So I have a king sapphire dragon.
This KSD is useless to me for anything except boucoup experience.

I have three candidates for its use; a plesios, which would get 80% of it's maximum XP out of the deal, a Dragon Knight who would be pretty up there, and would be a bangin' sub for my go-to team, and Parvati herself, who I could get to max level. And I'm not sure how to proceed.

Boosting plessy gets me closer to the ultimate Evo, not that that really matters. Boosting the dragon knight likewise. Both would be really solid subs, especially at that level, and as I see the math,having a good middle spread is better than having a spike or two in power and such. But I'm not sure how easy it will be to get another KSD and maxing out Parvati, to go for the eventual golden goddess form is really tempting.

Unfortunately, even as I have things now I'm sitting on a maxed out team with only three mons. Dragging my mainstays up to be an even bigger bench cost would be counterintuitive. But literally nothing else of value is available for a good while – I want to blitz the starting dungeons until I get towards tower of giants at least, and want to avoid farming. Although I may end up just building a reserve team up, since I already have a fire one and if needs to get done eventually.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-04, 08:17 AM
Level your subs for a while. :smallsmile:
All but one of my team is max level already. D: I guess I can level my Dark Golem mk.II for a while. Perhaps try and evolve my Titan, too.

is there any way a non-android/ios person can play this game and get in on it, because it sounds like a ton of fun...
Hmm, there might be some kind of emulator program you could use, but I'm afraid I don't know of any. Failing that, there's going to be a 3DS version (http://youtu.be/rARj9eHw8tw) of the game coming out, but it might only come out in Japan.

obryn
2013-10-04, 08:18 AM
Well, I won, but it was a nasty win. I did get the invasion, though I'm pretty sure it was on the 2nd or third round. I had to burn two magic stones(One per Super King Dragon unfortunately). Got 3 Kings, 1 high, and 1 super. took my CDD from 71 to 77 n a half. Was fun, but definitely need to get a bit stronger before I try that again.

Thanks for the assist man!
Sorry it didn't go better, but I'm glad you got what you got. :smallsmile:

I didn't have any luck with a PC Android emulator, but in theory, some people have done that. You can give it a shot!

So I have a king sapphire dragon.
This KSD is useless to me for anything except boucoup experience.

I have three candidates for its use; a plesios, which would get 80% of it's maximum XP out of the deal, a Dragon Knight who would be pretty up there, and would be a bangin' sub for my go-to team, and Parvati herself, who I could get to max level. And I'm not sure how to proceed.
You will get more of them, so don't stress over it too much. :smallsmile: If you have no good Blue team, there's not much value in boosting Plessie now. I'd boost either Dragon Knight or Parv. You lose out on some XP, but like I said, you'll get more.

The main advantage of leveling monsters is that they give you better stats for the same team cost. Evo'ing monsters is often best held off until you have the team cost to support them. Hope that makes sense! I'd go with Dragon knight at the moment, myself!

All but one of my team is max level already. D: I guess I can level my Dark Golem mk.II for a while. Perhaps try and evolve my Titan, too.
OH! Then start to evo them and level them more. :smallsmile: Watch for the next event and see what farmable monsters pop up.

There are several "break points" where difficulty ramps up significantly. The biggest ones are Castle of Satan and Tomb of the Saint - Deep.

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-04, 09:08 AM
The main advantage of leveling monsters is that they give you better stats for the same team cost. Evo'ing monsters is often best held off until you have the team cost to support them. Hope that makes sense! I'd go with Dragon knight at the moment, myself!

Yeah. Because of weird coincidences, I got a huge amount of Evo materials and farmable XP (though I didn't know how to handle it) that synergized well. I'm leveling Plessie now because she's my best non-green, and mono-color gets blegh unless you've got a good secondary leader guaranteed. (Admittedly strong, but elements make it a slog sometimes).

There are several "break points" where difficulty ramps up significantly. The biggest ones are Castle of Satan and Tomb of the Saint - Deep.

Tomb was a rather interesting wake up call, aye.

I think Diego and I are both as enticed by the customization as te gameplay, so running out of custom options kills enthusiasm fast...

obryn
2013-10-04, 10:18 AM
I think Diego and I are both as enticed by the customization as te gameplay, so running out of custom options kills enthusiasm fast...
Oh, I understand. :smallsmile: That's half of what I love about the game, myself.

Evo'd monsters open up their own sorts of new teams. For example, your Dragon Knight can evolve into an Ancient Dragon Knight which can lead a very different kind of team than mono-green. And saving up stones can net you some interesting options, too - for example there's a "carnival of likes" going on today. I always advise people to wait for a godfest, but you have a pretty good chance of pulling a top-tier god today. Not as good as during a godfest, but the ones that pop out today? Are great.

That's my best advice anyway. :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-10-04, 10:21 AM
Oh, I understand. :smallsmile: That's half of what I love about the game, myself.

Evo'd monsters open up their own sorts of new teams. For example, your Dragon Knight can evolve into an Ancient Dragon Knight which can lead a very different kind of team than mono-green. And saving up stones can net you some interesting options, too - for example there's a "carnival of likes" going on today. I always advise people to wait for a godfest, but you have a pretty good chance of pulling a top-tier god today. Not as good as during a godfest, but the ones that pop out today? Are great.

That's my best advice anyway. :smallsmile:

Today, I got a fire golem. XD

I actually kept the dragon knight (as opposed to forgetting I had him) because he's listed as a good sub for mono-wood when he evolves, actually. I've gotten the starting pieces to an empire, as it were; I'm optimizing my workflow to achieve it.

Got pretty far into the tricolor dungeon, until I misplaced an orb, didn't get the five man multi attack, and the enemies survived and killed me with an unholy vengeance >_<

Now to wait for more stamina 9_9

obryn
2013-10-04, 11:40 AM
Nice! Golems are awesome; they take a while to build up, but the amount of HP they provide is pretty immense!

And yes... fat-fingering combos is everyone's curse!!

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-04, 06:11 PM
This is part of it, yeah. For me though, I'm finding that I'm running out of stamina quicker than I would like, and that's killing the enthusiasm. That and not being able to do all these limited edition dungeons with the badass looking dragons. But that will come later. :smallwink:

Evolved my Titan to Gigas. Current team is:

Byakko lvl 50
Plesios lvl 35
Mid Water Ninja lvl 50
Dark Golem Mk.II lvl 42
Gigas lvl 16

I had a Samurai Goblin lvl 30 there before Gigas. It had a higher skill level but I'm thinking it won't be worth using now until after I've evolved it.

I'm not sure about the ninja. It's good, but the low HP worries me a little.

Starwulf
2013-10-04, 08:05 PM
How far along are you in the game SiuiS? Just wondering, as I don't have you on my friends list, and I like keeping tabs on peeps from here, just to see how we as a group are doing ^^

I really need to log-on today, need to do the dub-mythlit dungeon a few times so I can be ready to evolve after I get my second keeper of the rainbow next week.

obryn
2013-10-04, 09:39 PM
Yeah, Ninjas have their uses. Sadly, that's mostly resolve teams. :) but with that said, he probably works fine for now. Change him out when you can.

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 04:34 AM
This is part of it, yeah. For me though, I'm finding that I'm running out of stamina quicker than I would like, and that's killing the enthusiasm. That and not being able to do all these limited edition dungeons with the badass looking dragons. But that will come later. :smallwink:

I could see that. I'm at the point of perpetual motion, still, except now I'm losing more often. Mostly because when I'm trying to watch tv at the same time I miss a beat, but sometimes it's out of my tiny cloven Hooves.

Evolved my Titan to Gigas. Current team is:

Byakko lvl 50
Plesios lvl 35
Mid Water Ninja lvl 50
Dark Golem Mk.II lvl 42
Gigas lvl 16

I had a Samurai Goblin lvl 30 there before Gigas. It had a higher skill level but I'm thinking it won't be worth using now until after I've evolved it.

I'm not sure about the ninja. It's good, but the low HP worries me a little.

Oh, is that what the next Titan is called?
Let's see, I've got
Parvati 30 (+2, both in hp)
Plesios 13*
Dragon knight 40
Dragon fruit Max
Dragon flower Max

The flower is holding the spot while I get more team points, or until I start grabbing interesting guys from the next dungeon.

I've got a fire based semi-resolve team of a samurai ogre, some red fighters, a golem. But that fails to meet the appropriate rcv/hp ratio, I think. I'll probably disband it and feed them to better monsters.

How far along are you in the game SiuiS? Just wondering, as I don't have you on my friends list, and I like keeping tabs on peeps from here, just to see how we as a group are doing ^^

I really need to log-on today, need to do the dub-mythlit dungeon a few times so I can be ready to evolve after I get my second keeper of the rainbow next week.

I'm currently grinding the third water dungeon, racking up sapphire carbuncles and blue ogres, forcing them into cannibalistic orgies, and horsing the level 12/13 carbuncles for future use. I figure, get plesios to max, and then grab a few good fighters and max them as well; take this water team back to the forest fire Nerva place, and so the same thing, then Take that fire team forward to the wood dungeon if my wood team is insufficient to the task. Because daaaaang, using Parvati to get through the fire one was a drag.

Will go back through thread and find your friend code thingy; thought I put it in, but only have Obryn and Diego... Hmm.

Obryn, your name is dwarf[something]@PG – is the PG playground? I ask because I've got a second buddy whose name ends in PG who I keep borrowing Baal from, and who also had the one Archangel lucifer I bad the pleasure of using. I wanna know if I would know this person, too!

Also have a DJ Pon3 with a he by incarnation, which is neat! Genbu/Meimei is probably my favorite as far as self-insert would go.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 05:29 AM
Managed to catch the ruby dragon dungeon today. Got a real nice boost for my Gigas. level 16 to level 31. :smallamused:

I missed my chance to get some dub sprites yesterday. Shame, because I need a few for evos, and I think a couple of fire type ones would be good for a simple fire team (RCV for fire types sucks).

Yeah, Ninjas have their uses. Sadly, that's mostly resolve teams. :) but with that said, he probably works fine for now. Change him out when you can.
Will do. For now the huge water attack boost is nice for the fire dungeons I'm on.

I could see that. I'm at the point of perpetual motion, still, except now I'm losing more often. Mostly because when I'm trying to watch tv at the same time I miss a beat, but sometimes it's out of my tiny cloven Hooves.
When I lose it's usually because I underestimate how much damage I'm taking. Especially when monster attacks line up. Screwing up a combo just rubs salt in the wound, since I need to combo well for Byakko's power to kick in.

Does anyone know of any good monsters I can get at this level with a power that converts light and/or wood orbs into something more useful?

I've got a fire based semi-resolve team of a samurai ogre, some red fighters, a golem. But that fails to meet the appropriate rcv/hp ratio, I think. I'll probably disband it and feed them to better monsters.
I have a similar problem with my wood resolve team. With an Alraune helper I managed to get about 65% recovery per turn. :smallsigh:

Will go back through thread and find your friend code thingy; thought I put it in, but only have Obryn and Diego... Hmm.
Actually, looking at my friend list, you are still showing cupid as your leader. Could you send me your ID code? I think I may need to re-add you since you rerolled.

Also have a DJ Pon3 with a he by incarnation, which is neat! Genbu/Meimei is probably my favorite as far as self-insert would go.
Self-insert, eh? Hmm. I'm probably go with Archangel Gabriel for that.

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 05:46 AM
Alrighty. At sacred my. Bakkes now, which means green leveling is go.ive got enough points that I dropped the dragon flower for a green fighter, which is great; a combination of turn fire into wood and drop target defense is really nice, and both charge fast enough and last long enough that I can use the. Immediately and not save up for boss fights. I may grab one of those hobgoblins though; complete board refresh sounds neat.

Question: should I save my points for PAL machine until an event, it is that REM only?

Friend code;
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/WizardPony/null_zps2e30f269.png

And best combo, so far;
http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/WizardPony/null_zps0fbfa6ad.png

Apparently those little claw dudes? Their special power is "get angry, then MURDERMURDERMURDER". It sucked :<

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 05:57 AM
And best combo, so far;
Wait, you can get achievements in this game?

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 06:10 AM
Wait, you can get achievements in this game?

Kind of?

iPhone has a built in "games center" that's supposed to track your profile across all app games. The achievements are there, and require you signing in with your Apple ID and such and then saying you want this game to show up in games center.
So far the only achievements are; ten and fifteen hit combo (extend into the future), every five levels of infinite dungeon past ten, and using active skills.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 09:19 AM
Ohh, the games centre. I always ignored it. Didn't seem necessary.

Here's (http://youtu.be/YEAU7giiQts) a Japanese P&D commercial. You'll like this one, Starwulf.

obryn
2013-10-05, 09:46 AM
The letters after my name are kind of like guilds memberships, for lack of a better term. The SA is for somethingawful, which has a ton of top ranked players. The PG is the Puzzle & Dragons Global Facebook group.

Both helped me out when I was starting, and I pretty much auto accept anyone with the tags. And only delete them reluctantly. There's also PF which is the forum, but it overlaps with PG a lot.

Edit: where you are, just spend pal points freely. I hoard then for events, though.

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 09:49 AM
"Puzzles?"
"Dragons?"
"Puzzle dragons!"
*marriage*

XD

Sadness. Sadness and despair. Looks like when you evolve? It resets your active skill – I got the team points to boost earth fighter to earth knight, but now his defense break skill is at 15rd cool down! D=
I will grind for more fighters, toss them into the pot. Skill him up a bit. Probably will take forever though...

Diego, Byakku is an awesome awesome assist partner. Turn everything into fire, water and wood, then turn all the fire into wood? Crazy chains of apocalypse ensue. Thanks!
Ra is also phenomenal, what with his laser. It's at cool down 14 now, Obryn; how did you do that? Who else has his laser?!

Anywhozzle. There's a skill up guide to go find; toodles!

obryn
2013-10-05, 10:20 AM
Sadness. Sadness and despair. Looks like when you evolve? It resets your active skill – I got the team points to boost earth fighter to earth knight, but now his defense break skill is at 15rd cool down! D=
I will grind for more fighters, toss them into the pot. Skill him up a bit. Probably will take forever though...
It only resets if the active skill is different. I didn't realize Fighters and Knights have different skills. It's alright; Knights, Carbuncles, Devils, and Demons are the most common drops by far. You'll get it back in no time.

Ra is also phenomenal, what with his laser. It's at cool down 14 now, Obryn; how did you do that? Who else has his laser?!
That's his starting skill level. I have a second Ra, but I find it's more useful to have two lasers for Super Kings than pray for a skill up. He's situationally really awesome, but the laser is pretty weak for a nuke. except against high-DEF enemies.

Other monsters have kind of similar skills; there was a farmable UFO from a Groove Coaster collaboration dungeon that had a mini version of it. Otherwise, Poison fills a similar niche. Poison is most easily obtained from Poring Tower or from Castle of Satan - Witches' Ball on a 1.5x drop day.

Sadly, the monster which skills up Ra is in a JP-only (so far) collaboration dungeon. The Japanese version is bizarre; you have stuff like leeks, teddy bears, and watermelons filling out teams because of all the collabs.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 10:21 AM
"Puzzles?"
"Dragons?"
"Puzzle dragons!"
*marriage*

XD
My favourite part is when the guy is at the blackboard, clearly trying to figure out the perfect equation for puzzle * dragon. :smallbiggrin:

What, really? That's odd. If the skill is the same, the level should stay the same.

Diego, Byakku is an awesome awesome assist partner. Turn everything into fire, water and wood, then turn all the fire into wood? Crazy chains of apocalypse ensue. Thanks!
You're welcome! I have a mono-wood team now (headed by Highlander) so your Parvati will help a lot too.

Friendship is Magic Devastating Combos! :D

Now if only this game had a trading feature.

Anywhozzle. There's a skill up guide to go find; toodles!
How about this one (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Skills#Skill_Up)?

Poison is most easily obtained from Poring Tower or from Castle of Satan - Witches' Ball on a 1.5x drop day.
I've been doing that today, actually. Trying to get either another succubus (I evolved mine previous one to Lilith before remembering that's bad for a resolve team) or a naga, since I missed my change with the Echidna event.

Sadly, the monster which skills up Ra is in a JP-only (so far) collaboration dungeon. The Japanese version is bizarre; you have stuff like leeks, teddy bears, and watermelons filling out teams because of all the collabs.
I wish they'd do some of those collabs here. I want the moogle and chocobo monsters. D:

obryn
2013-10-05, 10:39 AM
HOLY COW WE ARE GETTING THE ECO COLLAB FOR TWO WEEKS!

http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/ECO_Collab

This dungeon can skill up Parvati, Loki (woohoo!), Venus, Yomi, Flare Drall, Lakshmi, and Toytops!!

I'm going to be chain-running this one, since I have four of those.

My strong advice: SAVE THE FEEDINGS FOR x2 SKILL UP DURING THE NEXT EVENT. You may need more box space; you want somewhere around 2* your rank in Boxes anyway, and saving them is worth it!

EDIT: Awww, crud. Apart from the Venus/Yomi/Loki skill-ups, all these monsters drop unevolved. Which means you need to evolve them before getting a skill-up chance. Ouch. So ... that could get expensive, evo-wise...

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 11:04 AM
It only resets if the active skill is different. I didn't realize Fighters and Knights have different skills. It's alright; Knights, Carbuncles, Devils, and Demons are the most common drops by far. You'll get it back in no time.

That's the thing; they are the same skill. More below.

That's his starting skill level. I have a second Ra, but I find it's more useful to have two lasers for Super Kings than pray for a skill up. He's situationally really awesome, but the laser is pretty weak for a nuke. except against high-DEF enemies.

Huh. I played with another guy's who started at countdown 30, so I assumed.
It's dry useful, I find, because those powers have two used. First, I have an awesome board and don't want to waste it on ten carbuncles and a lazy Susan, so I'll nuke the board to move forward. Second, bosses, because while my damage output with a good orb setup is about a fifth of a bosses' health (and I'm get if better at puzzle theory, so it's getting stronger), a bad set up, where I'm making mistakes or just sitting on a bunch of light orbs that don't do squat, I end up hitting for maybe 300 a turn and that quad7 ignore defense thing really cuts down the number of turns I have to worry about.

Aye, I saw! Ra gets extra lasers from a neon pink blob with headphones pixel decal O_o

My favourite part is when the guy is at the blackboard, clearly trying to figure out the perfect equation for puzzle * dragon. :smallbiggrin:

:biggrin:

What, really? That's odd. If the skill is the same, the level should stay the same.

Aye. Did some looking about, and it was that while the level of the skill doesn't reset, that didn't matter. The skill was level 1 on the fighter, and remained level 1 on the knight. I think it's a case of different max levels and starting (maximum/minimum) cool downs. It makes sense, it just sucks because that's a lynchpin in my breezing through stuff.

You're welcome! I have a mono-wood team now (headed by Highlander) so your Parvati will help a lot too.

Cool!
I find that having an off-color ally leader helps a lot, personally. Tri-color is where I shine, since I'm guaranteed some damage and can usually hit x5 combo unless I'm sitting on 90% light/heal orbs or something. Although this may just be the color switching powers talking!

I've been doing that today, actually. Trying to get either another succubus (I evolved mine previous one to Lilith before remembering that's bad for a resolve team) or a naga, since I missed my change with the Echidna event.

Yeah... I could've breezed through the echidna thingy if I had the stamina to even try D:

This dungeon can skill up Parvati, Loki (woohoo!), Venus, Yomi, Flare Drall, Lakshmi, and Toytops!!

I'm going to be chain-running this one, since I have four of those.

My strong advice: SAVE THE FEEDINGS FOR x2 SKILL UP DURING THE NEXT EVENT. You may need more box space; you want somewhere around 2* your rank in Boxes anyway, and saving them is worth it!

Bangerang!

And yeah, that's a good idea. I suppose I could just go farm regular earth fighters and grab one with a good cool down in the meantime. I wonder what earth knights are worth on the feeding chart? Too much trouble maybe?

Weekend dungeon only offers gold. Sadness. I'm not fit for the dragon one yet, but I may give it a swing regardless.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 11:04 AM

I don't have any of the skill up targets you mentioned, but I want at least one of each of those Alma monsters. Why? Because they're just SO. DARN. CUTE.

obryn
2013-10-05, 01:16 PM
Yeah, sometimes people actually use the teddy bear girls. :)

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 04:25 PM
Bah, I miscalculated what time the ruby dragons would be open again. I wanted to stock up for pengdra fodder. Oh well.

Yeah, sometimes people actually use the teddy bear girls. :)
I can definitely see me putting the dark one as a sub on my team; her stats are pretty good. Maybe the fire one too. Where did you hear about this dungeon opening anyway?

So, awakened skills are apparantly coming soon too. Seems good. Anyone know how rare these Tamadra monsters are going to be?

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 05:10 PM
Hmmm. I need a quick, good Light sub so I can hit a dungeon real quick-like.

I also need suggestions for others, as apparently my rainbow team has atrocious RCV, and I can barely keep afloat. I've got a few solid guys; plessie at high level, Parvati would be a good wood monster (using dragon knight currently though) a dark knight, a samurai red ogre, and I don't have a light monster. At all. >__>

I hate to say it, but I think my best bet is to replace monsters without good active skills, with carbuncles. I can use the ogre as my leader but that doesn't really do anything... Maybe the fire golem or Titan? Will need to level them first though. (Mein Celeste, Titan has crap rcv!) so bring golem for damage reduction, throw in a topaz carbuncle for rcv, and hope Parvati can carry the team?

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-05, 05:35 PM

I also need suggestions for others, as apparently my rainbow team has atrocious RCV, and I can barely keep afloat. I've got a few solid guys; plessie at high level, Parvati would be a good wood monster (using dragon knight currently though) a dark knight, a samurai red ogre, and I don't have a light monster. At all. >__>
Yeah, it seems like there aren't many good light monsters early on. You could level up a white knight. They're not too bad.

(Mein Celeste, Titan has crap rcv!)
That's nothing, the evolution actually has negative RCV.

obryn
2013-10-05, 05:56 PM

I hate to say it, but I think my best bet is to replace monsters without good active skills, with carbuncles. I can use the ogre as my leader but that doesn't really do anything... Maybe the fire golem or Titan? Will need to level them first though. (Mein Celeste, Titan has crap rcv!) so bring golem for damage reduction, throw in a topaz carbuncle for rcv, and hope Parvati can carry the team?
My Ra is up now.

You have Parv, so you shouldn't need a rainbow team. Stack your entire team with green. Goblins have the best stats right now, for you. Even better, farm dub-emelits this Friday. Carbuncles are food, not friends. :smallsmile:

Monster types determine stats. Physical has high hp, high Atk, but pathetic rcv. Healers have great rcv, but not much else. Balanced is... Balanced. Attacker, high Atk, low other stuff. Usually. There are always exceptions.

Light is by far the worst/hardest team to build. Take what you can get, there. There are very few mono-light teams; usually they tend to be Zeus teams teams or healer teams.

Oh and yes, Red Giant Gigas has actual negative RCV. Fun fact: for some teams, this makes him MORE valuable.

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 06:14 PM
-500 I think, right?

And, I mean, the condition for entering the dungeon, it's telling me I need one of every element on my team. Is that wrong? I'm looking at light war dragon [All Attk. Needed]

obryn
2013-10-05, 07:55 PM
-500 I think, right?

And, I mean, the condition for entering the dungeon, it's telling me I need one of every element on my team. Is that wrong? I'm looking at light war dragon [All Attk. Needed]
That is correct. Sorry, forgot about that one!

It will be x2 drop tomorrow afternoon or evening. You'll have a better shot at drops then. Especially if you can take on Expert. Drop chances are 2/5/40/100 normally.

SiuiS
2013-10-05, 08:52 PM
Och. I'll save my stamina then, thanks. Tried my hand at at it on... Whatever difficulty, I think one above basic. Got nothin'. >þ

I'm also told that one could get Cupid from Twin Apollo - cruel angel or whatever it's called. Where would one find information on drop rates for that?

obryn
2013-10-06, 09:11 AM
Tomorrow has the Dragon Guardian dungeon. (in addition to the Eco Collab and Emerald dragons!) If you don't already have a mystic stone knight/dragon knight, it's your best chance to grab one!

And for you monogreen folks, try and pick up a few anyway. Save them for x2 skill up, then cross your fingers! :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-10-06, 10:15 AM
If I can! I can't manage the master level with any guarantee yet (though that may be the whole poorly thought out rainbow team, thing), so I'm stick with a 2% drop rate. And I'm running on muscle memory so I burnt all my stamina by accidentally bringing. That team with me to castle of satan, where I was planning on getting the few XP needed to te fill my stamina T~T

Have they changed the wiki? It now has a fancy paper-texture background and absolutely 0% functionality for me. Buttons don't work, can't search, can't scroll...

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-06, 02:45 PM
And for you monogreen folks, try and pick up a few anyway. Save them for x2 skill up, then cross your fingers! :smallsmile:
How often does x2 skill up happen?

obryn
2013-10-06, 08:08 PM
How often does x2 skill up happen?
Every event. That amounts to about 1 week of every 2, these days.

It'll note it on the fusion button.

obryn
2013-10-06, 08:09 PM
If I can! I can't manage the master level with any guarantee yet (though that may be the whole poorly thought out rainbow team, thing), so I'm stick with a 2% drop rate. And I'm running on muscle memory so I burnt all my stamina by accidentally bringing. That team with me to castle of satan, where I was planning on getting the few XP needed to te fill my stamina T~T

Have they changed the wiki? It now has a fancy paper-texture background and absolutely 0% functionality for me. Buttons don't work, can't search, can't scroll...
Sorry for the double post. Tablet posting.

Oh, I hate bringing the wrong team to a dungeon! Happens to me a lot!

If the wiki is bad, try puzzledragonx.com

SiuiS
2013-10-06, 11:19 PM
So I got a water ninja an devolved him to mid, and felt really accomplished! Only now I don't remember why I did that.

I think I'm gonna slow down a bit, get some sleep, do less constant puzzling @_@

SiuiS
2013-10-07, 04:34 AM
Okay. A little butt hurt, here. Slogged through what I'm assuming is an Invade, where this crazy strong fire fairy showed up third round and be gain whomping 40% of my health off every round. I beat her, I got an egg icon, cool! Right?

Well, here I am at the end of the match and there's no fire fairy! What happened? I was rather ecstatic. Is there an email I can complain to? I want my fire fairy!

Edit: Grrrr! This is one of those monsters that drops the baby form, always. So I just got an extra Eco salamander.
Sadness.

I guess it's time to start feeding Eco monsters to each other, and skilling up (or getting food for skilling up later) my Parvati.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-07, 06:21 AM
Don't worry too much, Starry. ECO monsters are really easy to evolve.

I have 5 gems saved up for next Godfest. But I need so many more monster boxes. :smallsigh:

Might spend a little bit of cash just to boost myself up a bit.

obryn
2013-10-07, 08:33 AM
Edit: Grrrr! This is one of those monsters that drops the baby form, always. So I just got an extra Eco salamander.
Sadness.

I guess it's time to start feeding Eco monsters to each other, and skilling up (or getting food for skilling up later) my Parvati.
Yes, if you want to do this, it will be a serious grind. Fortunately, cactus girls evolve just with some normal Thursday Dungeon stuff; just your normal, run-of-the-mill plants, seeds, and flowers. (No fruits, at least.) But it's definitely going to take time and box space, I am sorry to say.

I have 5 gems saved up for next Godfest. But I need so many more monster boxes. :smallsigh:

There should be an event starting near the end of the week to get you some freebies if you can wait. :smallsmile:

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-07, 08:44 AM
Don't worry too much, Starry. ECO monsters are really easy to evolve.

Ditto. :smallredface:
Will farm cacti when I awake!

Starwulf
2013-10-07, 03:05 PM
Managed to clear Dragon Guardian on it's expert level for the first time. Was pretty rough, those end guys hit freaking hard(like 3500-4500 each). I had to focus everything on just one of them, and constantly use up all the heal orbs to supplement the Siren healing. Walked away with a Mystic Stone Knight or whatever, but that was about it.

Can't wait till tomorrow! Keeper of the Rainbow!

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-07, 03:25 PM
Arg! I need so many dragon plants! I'm trying to find some in tower of trials but it's not going well. Thursday can't come soon enough.

On the other hand, I'm gonna try and grab a few keepers tomorrow (not Rainbow though, I'm nowhere near that level yet).

Edit: Almost forgot, I did some fanart:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/1d6bec014053c5890d82463c4a2eaee0/tumblr_mubfjeGZXD1rdw527o1_1280.png

obryn
2013-10-07, 07:52 PM
Sweet, Diego! That looks great!

Starwulf - congrats on the Dragon Knight. His evolved ADK form is quite worthwhile as a leader for a non- or low-IAP player. And for any green team, he's essential!

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-08, 09:41 AM
Thanks very much ^^

New update hits! Let's see which of my monsters can get awakened skills!

*none found*

Awww. :smallfrown:

On the plus side, I have plenty of pal points to try and get tamadras later.

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 09:46 AM
Thanks very much ^^

New update hits! Let's see which of my monsters can get awakened skills!

*none found*

Awww. :smallfrown:

On the plus side, I have plenty of pal points to try and get tamadras later.

Yeah >__<
I got an earth keeper! Pretty solid dude. Very solid; increases my HP by 20%!
Tried the rainbow version of the Tuesday Dugeon for kicks. Waste of stamina; all it took was one cycle of two guys swinging at the same instant, then X_X

Since I don't book faces, how does awakening skills work? Or how do awakened skills work, which I suppose is grammatically more better. :smalltongue:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-08, 09:54 AM
Tried the rainbow version of the Tuesday Dugeon for kicks. Waste of stamina; all it took was one cycle of two guys swinging at the same instant, then X_X
Oof, yeah, I saw a video of someone going through that once. Apparantly the Rainbow Keeper hits for 22k damage. x_x

Since I don't book faces, how does awakening skills work? Or how do awakened skills work, which I suppose is grammatically more better. :smalltongue:
Awakened skills seem to be mini leader skills. They do minor things like give you bonuses to health or resistance to certain monsters, and it doesn't matter which slot they are in. You get them either by feeding a Tamadra to a monster, or by feeding the exact same monster to itself. Tamadras have only just been added and they can be found in the PAL machine and in the metal dragon dungeons.

Only certain monsters can get awakened skills. Usually fully evolved versions of high level monsters. Byakko can't get them, for example, but her evolved form can.

obryn
2013-10-08, 10:18 AM
Yeah >__<
I got an earth keeper! Pretty solid dude. Very solid; increases my HP by 20%!
Yeah, Rainbow Keeper is the hardest Evo Material dungeon by a pretty wide margin. There are ways to get it done, but you need a solid team and a strong friend leader skill.

Diego's got this one covered. They range from tiny and rather useless (Horus, for example, has 3 piddly 2% single-color resists) to significant (basically the equivalent of 10 +1's to a stat) to game-changing (row-6 matches for increased damage, double attacks, skill cooldowns). They work no matter where the monster is - leader or not.

The most important part is that the monster needs to be in its Final or Ultimate evo stage to get Awoken. You either feed an identical monster to itself (same name and #), or a tamadra. Expect a tamadra dungeon to come around next event for a freebie; after that it will be in PAL eggs and metal/jewel dragons as a random drop.

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 10:32 AM
Oof, yeah, I saw a video of someone going through that once. Apparantly the Rainbow Keeper hits for 22k damage. x_x

Ouch. I didn't even get that far >__>
I think a resolve team might be able to grind that, actually, provided you could out down enough damage for it to survive the occasional wave sync.

Awakened skills seem to be mini leader skills. They do minor things like give you bonuses to health or resistance to certain monsters, and it doesn't matter which slot they are in. You get them either by feeding a Tamadra to a monster, or by feeding the exact same monster to itself. Tamadras have only just been added and they can be found in the PAL machine and in the metal dragon dungeons.

Only certain monsters can get awakened skills. Usually fully evolved versions of high level monsters. Byakko can't get them, for example, but her evolved form can.

Is this a guarantee, or is this a "feed this mega rare to this mega rare and pray to your jeezus, boy!" Kinda deal?

Ugh. I think I've hit my first snag; I need to start grinding now. I need to max out some of my main-liners, work on grabbing better subs, and start solidifying my base – I can't get any farther in moxy and my good looks.

This presents the problem of, my day being grind forever, or have fun. But not both, because that's cheating. Oh, and there's a event that won't come around again which has a rare chance to help me boost my main skill! So that's 3 ways I'm pulled. Yikes.
Does anyone know when the next skill up boost is? I've seen places where you can get some random information early – I'm already seeing data for the TAMadra dungeon, though no date – but not this one piece of info.

In the meantime, I'm going to level Parvati, because she is my main (only?) leader, and my allies haven't been getting much benefit from her except her good looks, right now. And I'm going to save up for evos, as I have 1 keeper of forest, who is needed for like, three of my guys to evolve. Which leaves me with a question; it's fact that a good mini color team can do some damage, but I keep finding myself in spaces where I really need another color, just to finish off some squirts. But having that solid color do more damage in the first place is also pretty darn beneficial. So should I work on advancing my Dragon knight first, or should I work on my Samurai Ogre and make a Wood Samurai ogre (dual fire/wood)?
I would like, in the future, to have both dual ogres for red/green, and both for blue/green, just to give them a whirl, too, but that's not a functional thing. It's a style one.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-08, 10:49 AM
Is this a guarantee, or is this a "feed this mega rare to this mega rare and pray to your jeezus, boy!" Kinda deal?
I think it's guaranteed, but I'd double check that with Obryn first.

obryn
2013-10-08, 11:06 AM
Ouch. I didn't even get that far >__>
I think a resolve team might be able to grind that, actually, provided you could out down enough damage for it to survive the occasional wave sync.
Yep, Resolve teams work. It's how I got my own first RK. But it's a grind. Like, expect to spend an hour or so nickel and diming RK to death.

Amazingly enough, it's guaranteed. This is actually incredibly kind of GungHo, who normally show their evil natures through things like scheduling Pengdra Village on Thursday.

Does anyone know when the next skill up boost is? I've seen places where you can get some random information early – I'm already seeing data for the TAMadra dungeon, though no date – but not this one piece of info.
99% sometime this weekend, possibly starting Thursday or Friday.

In the meantime, I'm going to level Parvati, because she is my main (only?) leader, and my allies haven't been getting much benefit from her except her good looks, right now. And I'm going to save up for evos, as I have 1 keeper of forest, who is needed for like, three of my guys to evolve. Which leaves me with a question; it's fact that a good mini color team can do some damage, but I keep finding myself in spaces where I really need another color, just to finish off some squirts. But having that solid color do more damage in the first place is also pretty darn beneficial. So should I work on advancing my Dragon knight first, or should I work on my Samurai Ogre and make a Wood Samurai ogre (dual fire/wood)?
I would like, in the future, to have both dual ogres for red/green, and both for blue/green, just to give them a whirl, too, but that's not a functional thing. It's a style one.
Having dual colors can help a ton. And the double-ogres are actually quite solid, especially with Awoken Skills now.

The recommended progression is basically ... Level leader to 30, subs to 30. Level leader to 50, then subs to 50. Level leader to 70, then subs to 70. Max out leader, then max out subs.

I'd say, bar none, your best way to move forward is to find a lot of Green lead buddies to help. People with Freyja and Artemis, particularly. Go that route and you'll be golden.

Don't stress the Evo collab. It'll come back in an event or two, though probably for a single day instead of a full two weeks.

I think it's guaranteed, but I'd double check that with Obryn first.
Yep!

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 11:23 AM
I'm at "everyone is 30" now, and just can't get far enough (yet?) to start grabbing Pengdra, and as we both know it's not their day yet ;P

I suppose I could save up jewel carbuncles until that point, but my box space is also going towards; one of each ECO mon (they're cute :3) possibly two, but I doubt I need two; more eco Shaba so I can skill Parvati, a metric loade of knights for the defense down skill up (the –e at the end makes it metric!), and... Actually that's probably all my box space right there. I also have some dragon seeds and such, but don't need those right now do I? I think I'll clear out all non-essential personel. I'm inly worried about that because when I first started I was swimming in Evo masks, but when I actually needed one it took me eighteen hours to grab the dang thing!

E: wait, can you make a reverse resolve team? Like, ally leader has Resolve and just build your own team normal-style? Because I could just snag my Filly's phone and throw up an ogre on her side...

Components of resolve team are: consistent healing ability
Resolve (:Þ)
Recovery at roughly 1/3 total team HP

Anything I'm missing?

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-08, 11:29 AM
I also have some dragon seeds and such, but don't need those right now do I? I think I'll clear out all non-essential personel. I'm inly worried about that because when I first started I was swimming in Evo masks, but when I actually needed one it took me eighteen hours to grab the dang thing!
I'm in the same boat. All these evo materials filling up my box, then suddenly I don't have any of the ones I want and can't find any copies of them. x_x I've gotten 4 keepers now (fire,water,wood,light) but now I'm in desperate need of dragon plants and dub-sprites.

Try and complete Castle of Satan, if you can. After that you unlock Fertile Lands, which will give you green pengdras for your team.

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 11:41 AM
I'm in the same boat. All these evo materials filling up my box, then suddenly I don't have any of the ones I want and can't find any copies of them. x_x I've gotten 4 keepers now (fire,water,wood,light) but now I'm in desperate need of dragon plants and dub-sprites.

Try and complete Castle of Satan, if you can. After that you unlock Fertile Lands, which will give you green pengdras for your team.

That's what I'm saving up stamina for! :D

Castle of satan was fun, but it's become a grind. I'm gonna do the second level a few times (hahaha, Few? Hardly) on the off chance I can get an echidna-form~
I'd give you seeds if I could... D:

obryn
2013-10-08, 11:58 AM
E: wait, can you make a reverse resolve team? Like, ally leader has Resolve and just build your own team normal-style? Because I could just snag my Filly's phone and throw up an ogre on her side...

Components of resolve team are: consistent healing ability
Resolve (:Þ)
Recovery at roughly 1/3 total team HP

Anything I'm missing?
You could, but without the auto-healer it gets a bit more dicey. Still, with Parvati, you're healing quite well without, since you have a 1.5x RCV modifier. Just make sure to keep clearing orbs off the board vs. RK and you can snag him eventually!

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 12:19 PM
You could, but without the auto-healer it gets a bit more dicey. Still, with Parvati, you're healing quite well without, since you have a 1.5x RCV modifier. Just make sure to keep clearing orbs off the board vs. RK and you can snag him eventually!

Oh, I'd definitely bring an auto-healer. I've got some friends with Cupid and Siren, just for that purpose <_<;

I have my first, fully leveled Pengdra. This is an exciting time in a Filly's life, you know! You should be proud to be here and share this with me~! XD

Now only A bajillion more until I'm satisfied o_o

obryn
2013-10-08, 12:39 PM
I have my first, fully leveled Pengdra. This is an exciting time in a Filly's life, you know! You should be proud to be here and share this with me~! XD

Now only A bajillion more until I'm satisfied o_o
Welcome to the Pengdra Shuffle. :smallbiggrin:

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 02:11 PM
Man. A full five pengdras is only gonna bump me by 3 levels o_o

obryn
2013-10-08, 02:47 PM
Man. A full five pengdras is only gonna bump me by 3 levels o_o
Gods take forever to level, I am afraid.

I'm trying to get Zeus-Dios to where I can evolve him, and it takes like 800k xp. And he's not even very good.

I'd advise running 2x King Gem Dragon dungeons when they come around, personally. :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 02:58 PM
OOOH, that's a good point!
I should level my other guys first. It's numerically superior for now, because the difference in levels acquired at this point about matches the stat difference, and brings me closer to even more evolutions I'll never have the stuff for :smallbiggrin:

obryn
2013-10-08, 03:49 PM
OOOH, that's a good point!
I should level my other guys first. It's numerically superior for now, because the difference in levels acquired at this point about matches the stat difference, and brings me closer to even more evolutions I'll never have the stuff for :smallbiggrin:
The idea behind "even leveling" is that feeding 45k XP to a 10th level dude you're using always gets you more, stat-wise, than that same 45k to a 50th level god.

There's points where it gets weird - some monsters have "early" or "late" curves for stat growth - but it's a good rule of thumb. For example, Echidna has an "early" growth curve. Most of her stat gains happen before she hits level 50 or so, and it's diminishing returns after that. (Which is why she's only in her 60's for me, despite being on 60% of my teams.) Norse gods, like Loki, have "late" curves, which stink because their stats grow slowly, until high level. But still - it's smaller gains for more XP.

Oh, and one exception - usually, with a god like Parvati, you want to focus on getting her evo'd as soon as you can (and your team cost can support her). Her leader skill becomes a lot more helpful after evo. So focusing on her after your guys get to 30, then evo'ing her, then advancing her back to 30 probably isn't a bad idea. :smallbiggrin:

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 04:19 PM
The idea behind "even leveling" is that feeding 45k XP to a 10th level dude you're using always gets you more, stat-wise, than that same 45k to a 50th level god.

There's points where it gets weird - some monsters have "early" or "late" curves for stat growth - but it's a good rule of thumb. For example, Echidna has an "early" growth curve. Most of her stat gains happen before she hits level 50 or so, and it's diminishing returns after that. (Which is why she's only in her 60's for me, despite being on 60% of my teams.) Norse gods, like Loki, have "late" curves, which stink because their stats grow slowly, until high level. But still - it's smaller gains for more XP.

Oh, and one exception - usually, with a god like Parvati, you want to focus on getting her evo'd as soon as you can (and your team cost can support her). Her leader skill becomes a lot more helpful after evo. So focusing on her after your guys get to 30, then evo'ing her, then advancing her back to 30 probably isn't a bad idea. :smallbiggrin:

Aye. A hard push to Golden Goddess is in the cards, but unless I boost something's effectiveness now I'm not getting far enough or strong enough to get Evo materials at that grade.

So boosting her allies so they can get her that far is my goal. That's why I'm actually looking at the (much easier to acquire) wood samurai ogre; he would hold me steady through most of my hard times. I tried replacing plesios with mid water ninja in the short term but his skill isn't as useful as plesios' because it only hits the one dude. Until I get stronger guys, I can't change my composition without gimping myself >_<

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-08, 05:09 PM
Damn. I didn't get a Keeper of Dark. Gonna have to wait another week before evolving Byakko.

On the plus side, once the Thursday dungeon opens, I'll be able to evolve a large chunk of my monsters. I think I'll need to spend all my remaining stones on box space though.

SiuiS
2013-10-08, 05:58 PM
Dang. I'm caught between "drop 5 pengdra on dragon knight now" and "wait until a 2x skill event so I don't bankrupt myself on his higher level" :smallfrown:

I'll probably break down and feed him all those pengdras though.
He gets the most out of it.

Starwulf
2013-10-08, 09:26 PM
Hey Obryn, could you stick up your Hades for me rq? I know I"m running late today for asking, but I had a buddy out for the last day n a half, so I haven't gotten to get on.

obryn
2013-10-08, 09:29 PM
Starwulf - there you go!

Dang. I'm caught between "drop 5 pengdra on dragon knight now" and "wait until a 2x skill event so I don't bankrupt myself on his higher level" :smallfrown:

I'll probably break down and feed him all those pengdras though.
He gets the most out of it.
You don't need skill up x2 unless both monsters have identical skills. Pengdra don't skill monsters up; they just give XP.

SiuiS
2013-10-09, 12:04 AM
You don't need skill up x2 unless both monsters have identical skills. Pengdra don't skill monsters up; they just give XP.

Left a part out of that. It's a choice between level now, and all the skill guys I'm sitting on become more expensive, or level alter and risk a hit to functionality.

obryn
2013-10-09, 09:45 AM
Left a part out of that. It's a choice between level now, and all the skill guys I'm sitting on become more expensive, or level alter and risk a hit to functionality.
Oh! Got it! Don't worry overmuch about gold; a few runs of the Weekend Dungeon should do well for you. :smallsmile:

And woohoo! Event starts tomorrow. Includes free stones, x2 skill up, a free Tamadra (for Awoken Skills), and evo materials out of the PAL machine!

e: It also looks like Pengdra Village tomorrow! For my money, this is the best xp/stamina dungeon out there, particularly for Light and Dark monsters. Be sure to find out when your times are and run it. :smallsmile:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-09, 10:29 AM
Oh yeah! This is gonna be a good event!

Just wish I hadn't burned all my PAL points today out of boredom XD

SiuiS
2013-10-09, 10:45 AM
Woohoo!

I'm at the point of count if Pengdra cycles. Dragon knight needs 2.6 to max level, earth night 2.7, Parvati 11.3. I think earth knight, then Parvati before moving on to the point that I can upgrade pengdra so they cycle will be based on more than 45,000 XP at a time

obryn
2013-10-09, 10:56 AM
Pengdra Village, fwiw, is an extremely easy dungeon. It will net you, at a minimum, 1 evo'd Pengdra (45k on-color) and 4x level 1 pengdras. It's not uncommon to get 2 or more evo'd pengdra per run.

It's a 20-stamina dungeon, so there's that, but I get 5 runs per stone at my level and it's good for (usually) a handful of them.

If you're swimming in Pengdra, you can feed one level 1 pengdra to another (same-color) level 1 pengdra, and then feed that level 6 pengdra to yet a different level 1 pengdra to end up with one max-level pengdra. I strongly advise hanging onto Light and Dark pengdra, though, because it's nearly impossible to get those outside of events. Dark ones in particular evo with 3 metal dragons and 1 dragon seed (not plant).

SiuiS
2013-10-09, 11:04 AM
Wilco on light/dark.

Where/when is the village? That one evo'd pengdra is worth five max level of his lesser kin...

Oh! And I've got a mythlit, now. So I can actually cause an evolution of my bigger monsters once I get their level high enough ^_^~

obryn
2013-10-09, 12:03 PM
You can check the Wiki (http://pad.wikia.com) for times. They should start to fill in as soon as the time travelers start reporting back.

I have an app called PADGuide; it sets reminders for me when a dungeon opens. :smallredface:

-O

onionbreath
2013-10-09, 06:42 PM
fun game so far
my ID is 389,076,276

How spooky would it be if someone got their own SSN as an ID in this? :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-10-09, 11:00 PM
Obryn, that wiki is the one that got a slight reformat and now doesn't work on iOS. I used to use it all the time, had it bookmarked, but now, nothing. :(
Some secondary searching shows me to be in group C, and it says the event starts at 8:00, but there's a listing for a different group at 0:00, so is this military time? And if UTC-7, then that means I should be able to come home from work tonight, got to sleep, and wake up to an event.

fun game so far
my ID is 389,076,276

How spooky would it be if someone got their own SSN as an ID in this? :smallsmile:

Suddenly, ILLUMINATI
<_<
>_>

I'll get on to adding you post-haste. What are you running with? I would suggest making a B-line through the dungeons as far and as fast as you can; once you can consistently clear your element in the second(?) dungeon sets and get jeweled carbuncles, you can level a bit, and once you clear castle of satan you can level a good bit faster. I know having access, a clear goal and not relying on blind luck put the fun back into it for me :smallsmile:

E: oh no! You are at maximum number of friend invites! D:

Klaatu B. Nikto
2013-10-09, 11:13 PM
Thought I might've been the only one hooked on this game. I had a maxed out Tyrannos but wanted something better than Archangel Michael.

My ID: 336576284

obryn
2013-10-10, 09:04 AM
Thought I might've been the only one hooked on this game. I had a maxed out Tyrannos but wanted something better than Archangel Michael.

My REM? Leviathan (level 30).

Should I keep or try again? I kinda like it, sort of my "Fat Lady" cause if I survive long enough for it to sing, it's over. So far anyways.

My ID: 382,177,279 (Dargo)
Hey man!

Leviathan is ... pretty terrible, sorry. :smallsmile: I'd try again. Should be a godfest this weekend with a great chance of pulling something awesome, though.

SiuiS
2013-10-10, 03:10 PM
I /just/ realized that I don't need to level up a monster before an ultimate Evo, so I'm now going all the way back to wood dungeon to grind green ghost monsters, so I can get my wood samurai ogre. So I guess that's me for a while – it takes a surprising amount of stamina to finally catch one of the things! I used to be swimming in them, too...

So I'll go to bed, let that stamina build, and try again. And the Pengdra dungeon should be up around 11 PM, so I'll hit that too.

Sorry for dissapearing, Diego. I've had... Things to deal with. I'll try and actually post something today/tomorrow (not sure how my schedule syncs with UK time? Even though I should since my clock is Diego – 8...)

onionbreath
2013-10-10, 09:01 PM
E: oh no! You are at maximum number of friend invites! D:
Bah, those silly randoms. It's cleared out now.

SiuiS
2013-10-11, 05:31 AM
Sent!

I need suggestions for good members of a zombie team; I can't get out enough damage to avoid being mutilated by enemy counts synching.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-11, 05:48 AM
Sent invites to Onion and Klaatu.

Well, my evolutions are coming along nicely. Got my Icedragon Plesios, Sundragon Pterados, Droidragon, and ECO Shabo Alma all done yesterday. I can also evolve Highlander and Dragon Knight once they've leveled up a bit (which I will do once I've evolved my green pengdras). Then all I need to do is level up my rank so I don't keep running out of stamina after two dungeons and I'll be happy.

Sorry for dissapearing, Diego. I've had... Things to deal with. I'll try and actually post something today/tomorrow (not sure how my schedule syncs with UK time? Even though I should since my clock is Diego – 8...)
Don't worry about it. I know that dealing with things can take up a lot of time and energy. :smallsmile:

I need suggestions for good members of a zombie team; I can't get out enough damage to avoid being mutilated by enemy counts synching.
I'm not sure what you mean by "zombie" team.

SiuiS
2013-10-11, 05:58 AM
Resolve team!

I've got wood samurai ogre for the actual Resolve ability (and will probably give him my TAMadra once I have enough team points to main-line him over the dragon fruit!) for a leader, and allies with healer abilities on their leaders, but my team...

Right now I've got lits, and they are doig 7 damage, and it is embarrassing.

Kudos on the evolves! I got an alma, too. Going for salamander and pepen next to have the set~

obryn
2013-10-11, 08:29 AM
Well, my evolutions are coming along nicely. Got my Icedragon Plesios, Sundragon Pterados, Droidragon, and ECO Shabo Alma all done yesterday. I can also evolve Highlander and Dragon Knight once they've leveled up a bit (which I will do once I've evolved my green pengdras). Then all I need to do is level up my rank so I don't keep running out of stamina after two dungeons and I'll be happy.
Nice! Did you ultimate evo Droidragon? Ult evo'd, he's actually a really, really good sub.

Resolve team!

I've got wood samurai ogre for the actual Resolve ability (and will probably give him my TAMadra once I have enough team points to main-line him over the dragon fruit!) for a leader, and allies with healer abilities on their leaders, but my team...
Nonono, don't give an ogre your Tamadra! It's easy to get more double-ogres to awaken the ones you have! Save it for Parvati and feed it to her after you evo her. :smallsmile:

As for me, here's what I did yesterday...
* Got 2 skill ups on my Duke Vampire Lord from Big Baddies
* Got 1 skill up on my busty Toytops from an evo'd cactus girl
* Got 2 skill ups on Hera-Is from two of her sisters (who's still @ 27 turns, blech)
* Saved 2 Hera-Is for later awoken skilling
* Max-Awoke my Chaos Blizzard Dragon (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_Blizzard_Dragon), better known as "the best dragon" Sadly, no skill ups came from these feedings
* Saved up about 25 dragon plants, 15+ gold pengdra, and about a dozen dark pengdra.

So it was a good day!

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-11, 08:33 AM
Nice! Did you ultimate evo Droidragon? Ult evo'd, he's actually a really, really good sub.

Nonono, don't give an ogre your Tamadra! It's easy to get more double-ogres to awaken the ones you have! Save it for Parvati and feed it to her after you evo her. :smallsmile:

The really smart thing to do would have been to try and awaken samurai ogres instead, since they have listed awakened skills, and then evolved it. But I'm impatient and lazy! XD

Good points. Will reflect on.

obryn
2013-10-11, 08:41 AM
The really smart thing to do would have been to try and awaken samurai ogres instead, since they have listed awakened skills, and then evolved it. But I'm impatient and lazy! XD

Good points. Will reflect on.
The key is that tamadra are pretty rare. Not insanely rare, but still hard to come by.

Some monsters, it's clearly better to feed them copies of themselves. Whiskey dragons, skydragons (next time the Rush dungeon comes around), Legendary Dragons (which are terrible), double ogres ... basically anything you can actually farm in its final form (even if you're not there yet).

Some monsters are REM-only, so those are your best bets for Tamadra. Parvati is a big one here; you can't just run a Descended dungeon and get another one of her!

And finally there's a murky in-between spot, where you need to balance cost and reward. For example, it's not completely insane to feed up Hera or Hera-Is until evo'd and use her for awakening. However, it's borderline crazy to feed and evolve Siegfried, Valkyrie, etc. because that's like 2 million XP and four mystic masks, each.

It's possible to farm tamadra, especially from metal dragon dungeons. The stamina cost to get a tamadra from there is basically your baseline for whether or not it's worth it to evo something else.

My own tamadra went to my 91st level, max skill Siegfried because he's so useful in both my Ra and Blue teams.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-11, 09:18 AM
Resolve team!

Right now I've got lits, and they are doig 7 damage, and it is embarrassing.

Try and find a succubus or two. They get poison, which is great against those high defence, low HP monsters. I've been using a lilith (evo'd form) on my resolve team and it makes short work of masks, dubs and metal dragons.

If you want a more consistant damage output, I guess you could go for the attacker type demons. Low HP high, attack might suit you better.

Kudos on the evolves! I got an alma, too. Going for salamander and pepen next to have the set~
Yup, same. I just managed to get another Keeper of Water in the PAL machine, so I'll evolve my penguin soon. ^^

I really want the dark one though, but she seems to be quite rare. :/

Sadly not, I didn't have time to get enough Dargon Fruits. But that's fine, I can do that next week. Just a shame I couldn't do it during double drop day.

* Got 1 skill up on my busty Toytops from an evo'd cactus girl
I'm sorry, busty Toytops? :smallconfused:

Edit: A question I meant to ask earlier- are the Lil Dragons any good when evolved? I've kept a couple in case they're any good for a dragon team, but I don't want to waste evo materials on them if they'll just turn out to be useless.

SiuiS
2013-10-11, 09:28 AM
Try and find a succubus or two. They get poison, which is great against those high defence, low HP monsters. I've been using a lilith (evo'd form) on my resolve team and it makes short work of masks, dubs and metal dragons.

If you want a more consistant damage output, I guess you could go for the attacker type demons. Low HP high, attack might suit you better.

I'm trying! D:
They've got like, a 2% drop rate, I think, from the Boss Battles, right? So I should run the snake levels of Artemis dungeon a lot, since it ends with echidna and Lilith, but so far no luck.

The demons, yeah. Need to get that far, right now all I have are ninja who have plot for RCV.

obryn
2013-10-11, 09:53 AM
I'm sorry, busty Toytops? :smallconfused:
Hahah... Yeah, back when PAD started making its way stateside, all people had to go on for information was a Chinese wiki. It translated what we know as "ultimate evolution" as "busty" and it's kind of stuck around.

You can read this as "ult-evo'd toytops." (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Horned_Fort_Dragon,_Fortoytops)

Edit: A question I meant to ask earlier- are the Lil Dragons any good when evolved? I've kept a couple in case they're any good for a dragon team, but I don't want to waste evo materials on them if they'll just turn out to be useless.
They have quite good stats, low team cost, and a solid active skill for early dungeons. Their leader skill can also be great against mono-color dungeons. For a lot of players, they're the first really good monsters they get.

I used mine until I was about Rank 100ish, back when I was running Ancient Dragon Knight (where they're among the best subs he can get). Nowadays, I'm beginning to feed them off to other monsters because I put +eggs into them and I don't use them much anymore.

But! You only need one of each of them unless you're running a green (or dark) dragon team.

-O

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-11, 10:59 AM
I'm trying! D:
They've got like, a 2% drop rate, I think, from the Boss Battles, right? So I should run the snake levels of Artemis dungeon a lot, since it ends with echidna and Lilith, but so far no luck.
Yeah, it's a really low drop rate. So far I've never gotten a drop from a boss. They drop from the pal machine too though. That's how I got mine.

Hahah... Yeah, back when PAD started making its way stateside, all people had to go on for information was a Chinese wiki. It translated what we know as "ultimate evolution" as "busty" and it's kind of stuck around.

You can read this as "ult-evo'd toytops." (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Horned_Fort_Dragon,_Fortoytops)
Oh, those wacky Chinese translations!
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061030060452/starwars/images/a/ad/Donotwant.jpg

They have quite good stats, low team cost, and a solid active skill for early dungeons. Their leader skill can also be great against mono-color dungeons. For a lot of players, they're the first really good monsters they get.

I used mine until I was about Rank 100ish, back when I was running Ancient Dragon Knight (where they're among the best subs he can get). Nowadays, I'm beginning to feed them off to other monsters because I put +eggs into them and I don't use them much anymore.

But! You only need one of each of them unless you're running a green (or dark) dragon team.

-O
Ah, good to know. Thanks.

Edit: Here's a fun fact. Due to a strange quirk of currency conversion, it would actually be far more effcient for me to buy magic stones 6 at a time, unless buying more than 60.

6 stones: £2.99
12 stones: £6.99

:smallconfused:

obryn
2013-10-11, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it's a really low drop rate. So far I've never gotten a drop from a boss. They drop from the pal machine too though. That's how I got mine.
Yeah, I'm guessing 1% is the normal drop rate for Titans, Nagas, Golems, and Vampires from various Normal dungeons.

Edit: Here's a fun fact. Due to a strange quirk of currency conversion, it would actually be far more effcient for me to buy magic stones 6 at a time, unless buying more than 60.

6 stones: £2.99
12 stones: £6.99

:smallconfused:
Hilarious. :smallsmile:

Speaking of stones, a Japanese/Archangel godfest is this weekend. Japanese gods are largely not great Leaders, but they're very good subs. (The best picks there are Hino Kagutuschi, who's most notable for his dark ult evo and easyfarming on Thursdays; Susano, who's a strong defensive green sub; and especially Viper Orochi, who both has a strong ogre-like resolve power and a 5-round Delay active.)

Archangels are solid defensive leaders; I love my AA Gabriel. This includes AA Lucifer, who's pretty much the best god in the game for no/low-stone descended dungeon clears, as long as you have a lot of free time.

SiuiS
2013-10-11, 01:39 PM
I may end up buying stones, then >__>

Susano is on my friend roster, actually, He and my keeper are pretty handy. There's also a single Odin, who's power is that 100% HP means you take chip damage, which is nice in boss fights (not so nice when a emelit hits you first, though >_<)

Oh, did the pengdra village ever show up? I checked and it wasn't coming up any time soon, but then my wiki skills are butts.

obryn
2013-10-11, 01:44 PM
Susano is on my friend roster, actually, He and my keeper are pretty handy. There's also a single Odin, who's power is that 100% HP means you take chip damage, which is nice in boss fights (not so nice when a emelit hits you first, though >_<)

Oh, did the pengdra village ever show up? I checked and it wasn't coming up any time soon, but then my wiki skills are butts.
Odin is an amazing god to have as a friend. The damage reduction is 80%, which is better than double resist. He's key to getting your first Rainbow Keeper for a lot of people. (Fun & games: Odin and 50% Resist Dragon cut it even more.)

Pengdra Village is gone, sadly. Sorry man; it comes around every event, though.

This is what I use; it even has settings for alerts and syncs to your time zone automatically. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dnt7.padguide

I'm having another good day so far; I got 2 tamadra drops in 4 runs of Metal Dragons.

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-11, 03:22 PM
Handy app! Totally downloaded. Not sure exactly how to set a timer does Pengdra village though. Will finagle.

Also! Totally saw that the taur devil is a demon, and my filly even has one, I grabbed one. Out of stamina now though >_<

Have all the components for Eco salamander alma, so will level her pretty quick. Then, it's only pepen I have to concern myself with.

Starwulf
2013-10-11, 09:10 PM
Would anyone care to explain this whole "awoken" thing I've seen bantered about on this last page?

Man, I really need to buckle down and get back to playing, I've barely touched the game in the last 4-5 days, just been to busy with stuff in RL, I've only logged in and ran a dungeon so I could keep up my consecutive day streak.

SiuiS
2013-10-12, 12:47 AM
Would anyone care to explain this whole "awoken" thing I've seen bantered about on this last page?

Man, I really need to buckle down and get back to playing, I've barely touched the game in the last 4-5 days, just been to busy with stuff in RL, I've only logged in and ran a dungeon so I could keep up my consecutive day streak.

Some monsters have possible new skills. These are called awoken skills, and... Here, hold on.

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/WizardPony/null_zps0fc8d04c.png

That's a wood samurai ogre. The two S+ icons in the top right? Those are awakened skills. They are greed out because he doesn't have them, yet. They get awoken by either feeding him a TAMadra, or feeding him another if the same, a wood samurai ogre. I should have fed a samurai ogre to a samurai ogre to get it, but I was the dumb.

Only end-form monsters have these skills, and not all of them. They work like leader skills, though, except they work even on subs. So this ogre would, at full awoken state, reduce the active skill countdown of the entire team by 2 at start of the fight. Other awoken skills that are good are; this monster attacks twice if you line up four orbs for his attack instead of three, and this element attack is stronger if you line up more orbs horizontally.

E: my filly, it's like she knows what she's doing, sometimes!

http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/WizardPony/null_zpsbfbad34a.png

obryn
2013-10-12, 07:36 AM

Man, I really need to buckle down and get back to playing, I've barely touched the game in the last 4-5 days, just been to busy with stuff in RL, I've only logged in and ran a dungeon so I could keep up my consecutive day streak.http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Awoken_Skills gives the rundown. Be sure to run the tamadra dungeon. :) Save it for a good god or something else REM only.

SiuiS
2013-10-12, 11:08 AM
Man. I can't wait to get this emerald dragon dungeon up and running. I wanna evo my penguins! So I can give them to Parvati and have it actually be worth my time and effort!

Other than that, my plans include "Get higher team score so I can use my ogre" and... That's about it, really.

obryn
2013-10-12, 11:54 AM
Yep! Sadly, my super kings aren't until midnight local time. :smallfrown:

I probably won't be awake... We'll have to see! I'm more excited about gold dragons tomorrow, which will evo my shiny penguins.

For rank, really dragons of the tower is awesome.

SiuiS
2013-10-12, 02:47 PM
Dragons of the Tower did indeed work. Or would, if I didn't blow my stamina on emerald dragons to get better pengdra.

I also have a possible "in" for better advancement. For those dungeons where my only concern is that I can be one-shot by an enemy sub, I can drop dragon fruit for Manekimewdra; Suddenly, 3500 more HP! The subtle hit to attack power isn't a concern, the loss of RCV also not so bad (hahahahaha, not so bad she says), because recovery doesn't matter if you don't live long enough.

I also replaced my Keeper of Forest with Wood Samurai Ogre, and damn was that a worthwhile thing! He's about as solid as his replacement as far as attack, a little weaker on HP, but the ability to hit off-color is flicking amazing, and I'm already collecting armored ogres for putting together awakened skill armored dual color guys who are primary green instead of primary red. Also, for those who are concerned, dual colors seem to get benefits from both sides of the fence. My Wood Samurai Ogre got the attack boost from Parvati on a fire attack. So, this guy should get the benefit from non-wood element leader skills, too. That's pretty rad!

I'm actually interested in the viability of a team of all multicolor subs. I could probably pull a full rainbow team, damn near. Gonna be a slog, though, since a lot of the better ones seem to be REM.

SiuiS
2013-10-13, 07:46 AM
Great googly moogly! I thought the wood samurai ogre may have been a mistake; his primary element was neutral against my one adversary. I should have held out for the ice samurai ogre, I thought, so I could hit them right in the elemental weakness (fire being resistant to wood, you see).

Except, now I'm At the second technical dungeon, the ice one. The one that's, yeah, weak against wood, but also weak against the wood samurai ogre's ice crushing attack, that does enough damage to all water elements to be appreciable. Every boss so far has been a slog, until I remembered I could crush most of their health with defense break > ice crush or whatever it's called. And having the armor ogre drop cold owns at the start by two is also pretty snazzy!

obryn
2013-10-13, 08:19 AM
Yep, double ogres are pretty sweet!

They are the key to victory in a few insane "conditional" dungeons you unlock after beating the rest of the technicals. Their gimmick is that you can only, for example, bring green primary monsters in, but the dungeon drops no green orbs. It's an adventure.

SiuiS
2013-10-13, 09:03 AM
Man, that would suck.

I only made it through the last of Fertile lands Reserve style (just switched Ogre samurai and Parvati, so she was a sub) and bringing a friend's Archangel Messenger. That boss sucked, he took 1 damage from everyone and had 74k hitpoints! If I hadn't brought guard break and started building slow combos, that would have... Well, I'd still be flipping orbs.

It's weird, though. I'm now at the point where I have to finely balance what works in the game engine, and what's fun to do. I think that is the real draw of the samurai ogre; It's like bringing a ardent/avenger multiclass into a group as a leader/defender!

obryn
2013-10-13, 09:16 AM
Well, if you have any stones saved up, there's a pretty good godfest going on right now. :smallsmile:

I mean, I pulled a bunch of garbage, but I am hoping others have better luck!!

SiuiS
2013-10-13, 09:20 AM
My alarm Derp'd and I used mine at 8:01 am instead of 8:01 PM, because that was the ONE TIME it decided not to display something in military format :smallredface:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-13, 09:23 AM
I got a +1 toyceratops from the rare machine. Could be worse, but it's not a god. :smallfrown:

I've no real idea what my current goal is, I seem to flick between objectives constantly. Am I focusing on getting fodder to level my monsters? Am I looking for skill up materials? Evo materials? Money? Beating new dungeons? Trying to get rare monsters? I have so much to do and I can't decide! :smalltongue:

Perhaps I'll get one or two of these double ogres, they sounds pretty neat.

SiuiS
2013-10-13, 09:36 AM
I got a +1 toyceratops from the rare machine. Could be worse, but it's not a god. :smallfrown:

I've no real idea what my current goal is, I seem to flick between objectives constantly. Am I focusing on getting fodder to level my monsters? Am I looking for skill up materials? Evo materials? Money? Beating new dungeons? Trying to get rare monsters? I have so much to do and I can't decide! :smalltongue:

Perhaps I'll get one or two of these double ogres, they sounds pretty neat.

I found the best way, so far, is to just grab the evo'd form from a technical dungeon, thorw those together to get the awakened skills, and then ult-evo them. They also make superlative subs for high-time active skills, since you can get those skills out faster, and for the big ones, potentially charge them again by the end.

unfortunately, this means I have two mono-color ogres with maxed awakened skills and one double ogre with... None, until I can evo two more and through them into the gladiatorial sex pit.

obryn
2013-10-13, 01:03 PM
Is Onion anyone on here or just a rando? I'm about at 200 friends, so I need to be choosy. :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2013-10-13, 01:20 PM
Is Onion anyone on here or just a rando? I'm about at 200 friends, so I need to be choosy. :smallsmile:

Onion was one of the folks who was in thread, yes. I think he was the gent with Leviathan? Maybe not though.

I do know he was a playgrounder though. I got him on my list by sending /him/ an invite.

Starwulf
2013-10-14, 12:23 AM
Klaatu is one of the peeps from here as well, right? If not, I just added some rank 10 person that's going to be awfully disappointed when I remove them, lol.

Huzzah! Finally got to evolve my Susano(I've been not playing as much, and then it took me 15 runs of Fertile Lands to get a freaking Mythlit) into Susano No Mikoto. It appears he's one of the "Late Bloomers" in terms of stat growth, he started out gaining like 2-3 hp, and 1 attack per level, he's already mid-20's, and is now gaining 6-7 HP and 2-3 attack.

Really need to buckle down and kill Keeper of the Rainbow again(here's hoping he has 2x drop this Tuesday), so I can evolve my Flowerdragon Brachys into his ultimate form. Honestly, if he's not 2x drop, I'm not going to bother with wasting magic stones against him this Tuesday, I'll just take my chances. I'd like to evolve my guy, but I'm not going to waste multiple stones.

On another note, I'm now sitting at 115 spaces now(or is it 120 now??...lol, bad memory ftl), so I'm almost caught up to the 2x inventory to rank level. The constant stones from all these events have allowed me to get there very quickly. Of course, it's also cost me multiple chances at the god events, but I need the monster space more then the gods right now, I have plenty of monsters that I can evolve into pretty decent subs/leaders right now, but no space to keep the monsters necessary for those evolutions.

Klaatu B. Nikto
2013-10-14, 12:30 AM
After several tries, I think I hit the jackpot (ymmv) with critter 133: Hino Kagutsuchi. His leader skill (hellfire) has him doing damage even when I don't have a matching teammate.

My new id is back in my previous post.

Oh yeah, I'm the prior owner of a leviathan. I've been resetting my account to get something good. I think it took me about 20 something tries til I kinda gave up.

obryn
2013-10-14, 12:48 AM
Kagu will get you through the early game, but he'll eventually be unable to carry you. He's still an awesome guy to have in your stable. (1) Do the dark ultimate evo. The light one is much worse. (2) put him up on Thursdays and reap tons of pal points because nothing beats easyfarming the Thursday dungeon.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-14, 05:20 PM
Dammit! I missed the ruby dragons today! I had pengdras saved up for that. So annoying!

obryn
2013-10-14, 07:03 PM
Dammit! I missed the ruby dragons today! I had pengdras saved up for that. So annoying!
There should be at least one more run for you today. They are usually 4 times a day. :smallsmile:

Athena with my high-level Ra team is almost incredibly easy. Not Satan-easy, but pretty easy anyway given how most enemies don't hit all that hard. I've been farming that a bit today; it drops 2nd-evo Siegfrieds and Cu Chulainns, 2nd-evo Gigas, and of course Athena herself.

-O

Starwulf
2013-10-14, 09:15 PM
Got a bit accomplished today, managed to get two of my guys evolved(just minor ones for now, got the naga evolved into Echidna, and Titan evolved into Gigas). Is Gigas worth evolving into Red Giant Gigas? The negative RCV seems like it would be rather detrimental, but I also know there are some teams that actually see that as a bonus, and I'm always one for doing things the crazy way. That 6k freaking HP is NUTS, get a red snowglobe dragon and another person that gives 2x red rcv/hp, and I'd be able to coast through most mid-game dungeons with that much HP.

obryn
2013-10-14, 09:48 PM
Nice!

As for gigas, there are two schools of thought. But eventually you'll want at least two. :smallsmile:

If you only have one, you can evo him to RGG and only advance him to around 40 or so to keep the negative RCV in check. Otherwise, a level 70 gigas is just fine. It kind of depends on what you are using him for. Since I have Freyr with an rcv multiplier, his negative rcv is ameliorated somewhat.

If all you want is a bag of hit points and defense, golems are a safer bet!

obryn
2013-10-14, 10:42 PM
And wow. Glad I had 20 stamina left over. :smallcool:
http://i.imgur.com/OCwH33z.jpg
Whoa sorry for hosing the thread!

SiuiS
2013-10-14, 10:48 PM
D=

*punches*

Nah, I'm joking. Good on you!

Starwulf
2013-10-15, 02:47 AM
And wow. Glad I had 20 stamina left over. :smallcool:
http://i.imgur.com/OCwH33z.jpg

That is quite epic man! congrats on snagging two of those. I'm still debating on who I should throw my Tamadra on. I love my CDD, but not sure if he's the best choice for doing the awoken skill bit.

Hmm, hope some peeps start throwing up some CDDs or Hades soon, I'd like to get as many shots in as possible today at getting that second Keeper of Rainbow.

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 04:20 AM
The name of the game now is hedging bets and investing.

I've got enough ruby dragons that I ran out of dragon plants for evolving red pengdra. I'll eventually have enough red pengdra to catapult my fire ogre to atmospheric heights (50), will get sapphire dragons today for my other ogre, for whom I am currently collecting keepers of [element] to forge, along with a few extra to get an ECO pepen alma.

Lessee. Each gem pengdra is 45,000 same-type XP, which has a Dis/Adv of being huge but constraining, if you have a mono color team. My ogres need 250,000~ to max, which is only a full five pengdra docket. My dragon knight needs a lot, but not much more; Parvati is my priority then, boosting her high enough to sit on Golden Goddess territory.

Step one is getting ice armor ogre, which requires some sapphilits. Step two is shooting him, and then Plesios, to atmospheric level heights (for a backup water team as needed). Step two is sapphire dragon capturing. Step three is keeper acquisition (I need two more water keepers, and a forest keeper). Step four is farm for a while, stock up. Step five is turbo evolve and then limp through some levels until my team cost is capable of handling my roster again.

Then we cull the boxes of all the monsters I don't want or need, and behind active search to create more effective monsters.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-15, 04:54 AM
Gah! Screen stretchiness! Obryn and Starwulf, can you please spoiler those images?

Anyways, I just evolved my Byakko and fed her a tamadra. Feels good, man. :smallcool: This also cleared a good chunk of my box out (not only evo materials, but metal dragons I'd been saving up for just such an occasion).

I guess I'll grind keepers today. I need... quite a few. I'm still not sure I can take on Rainbow Keeper. I have auto-healers on my friend list, so a resolve team could work, but I'm not sure I can make a team with the power/HP to make it past stage 3.

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 05:02 AM
Gah! Screen stretchiness! Obryn and Starwulf, can you please spoiler those images?

Anyways, I just evolved my Byakko and fed her a tamadra. Feels good, man. :smallcool: This also cleared a good chunk of my box out (not only evo materials, but metal dragons I'd been saving up for just such an occasion).

I guess I'll grind keepers today. I need... quite a few. I'm still not sure I can take on Rainbow Keeper. I have auto-healers on my friend list, so a resolve team could work, but I'm not sure I can make a team with the power/HP to make it past stage 3.

Yeah.

Actually, wait – have you been able to grab a manekimewdra? He has 3880 for his HP, which on top of a standard reserve team could get you high enough to survive most three-man sync attacks. I also have a guy with both an awakened skill and messenger of god, archangel, who heals about 3,000 a turn for free whose friend ID I could give you.

You then end up relying solely on quick healing, though; no amount of HP on a reserve team will be worthwhile against the keeper of rainbow, but can get too high to be useful against the mooks. I'm not actually really savvy on what good picks for a high level reserve team would even be, honestly! Who has good enough everything to count? Perhaps a few good recovery guys and a few good attackers?

Complete tangent: does Golden Goddess Parvati have the same skill as Parvati? I don't want to level her up and then lose the progress on the skill...

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-15, 05:24 AM
Actually, wait – have you been able to grab a manekimewdra? He has 3880 for his HP, which on top of a standard reserve team could get you high enough to survive most three-man sync attacks. I also have a guy with both an awakened skill and messenger of god, archangel, who heals about 3,000 a turn for free whose friend ID I could give you.
I do not have a manekimewdra. I think I may have picked one up at some point and then fused it. And I think I have the same person on my friend list. A +16 angel with the atuo recover awakened skill.

I could use Cu Chulain, or whatever his name is. x2.5 HP for balanced monsters would do nicely. But then I have to choose between auto recover and resolve. Hmm, I had someone with Viper Orochi on my list at one point. That would have been useful. Maybe they changed teams. :smallsigh:

Guess I'll mess about in the team editor for a bit.

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 05:46 AM
Ouch.

That reminds me; what all monsters get the "recover a little each turn" awakened skill? Is like a few that aren't, you know, strictly leaders.

Starwulf
2013-10-15, 06:27 AM
A resolve team against Keeper of Rainbow? That would work, but only if you have several hours available to you, he has 900k HP, and resolve teams generally have junk for attack, so you'll be doing absolute minimum damage the entire time. I mean, today is 2x Drop rate(Huzzah! I just need a Hades or another CDD to show up on my friends list and I'll be golden today), so if you have the patience, it would be worth it.

Honestly, if I can manage it, I'll probably try to snag two of them today, I need 1 more for my Flowerdragon, and then a spare one for another monster would be quite useful.

Also: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Recover

A list of all monsters with auto-recover awoken skill

Oddly enough, I just got a moonlight carbuncle from some dungeon or another that I ran, I'm highly tempted to level it, then feed it my Tamadra, and stick it on my team for Keeper of the rainbow. Combined with a Hades or CDD and my CDD, I'd be nigh invincible.

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-15, 07:22 AM
Pff! Shows what you know. I just got a Keeper of Rainbow with a resolve team and it only took me about half an hour. x_x

I made sure to take a selection of my best monsters to get enough HP to survive stages 1-3 (there was a close call on stage 3, but I should be able to avoid that from now on). With a Gigas in front and a good auto-heal assistant it was just a matter of grinding away.

Of course, now I don't know what to do with it. ^^:

obryn
2013-10-15, 07:56 AM
Sorry, I had no idea!!

Byakko is DEFINITELY a great one for awoken skills. The chinese gods in general won the Awoken Skill Lottery. Those two chubs went straight towards my Wolf King Cu Chulainn; I plan to get all five of my heartbreakers to 2nd evo, since I use at least one in every team (and often several). And having enhanced orbs on x24 or x36 attacks can be significant!!

Complete tangent: does Golden Goddess Parvati have the same skill as Parvati? I don't want to level her up and then lose the progress on the skill...
Yep! She's a heart-maker through and through. And has the best stats of any heart-maker out there!

That reminds me; what all monsters get the "recover a little each turn" awakened skill? Is like a few that aren't, you know, strictly leaders.
They work no matter where they are on your team. It's a very useful skill!

e: If you're doing Resolve on Keeper of Rainbow, throw some high-ATK subs in instead of the normal sprites/seeds/etc. He gives you a significant cooldown between attacks, so you don't need to get right back to 70% in a single heal!

e2: What a nice surprise! 200 day bonus! 10 more stones! :smallbiggrin:

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 08:07 AM
Also: http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Recover

A list of all monsters with auto-recover awoken skill

Oddly enough, I just got a moonlight carbuncle from some dungeon or another that I ran, I'm highly tempted to level it, then feed it my Tamadra, and stick it on my team for Keeper of the rainbow. Combined with a Hades or CDD and my CDD, I'd be nigh invincible.

Huzzah!

And, don't waste your TAMadra! You can get another moonlight carbuncle kinda easy, can't you?

Pff! Shows what you know. I just got a Keeper of Rainbow with a resolve team and it only took me about half an hour. x_x

I made sure to take a selection of my best monsters to get enough HP to survive stages 1-3 (there was a close call on stage 3, but I should be able to avoid that from now on). With a Gigas in front and a good auto-heal assistant it was just a matter of grinding away.

Of course, now I don't know what to do with it. ^^:

Wow. Ouch.

Who did you take?

Obryn: heartbreakers? Heart makers? I do not quite follow. Guys who concert heal orbs, one way or the other?

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-15, 08:08 AM
Ouch.

Oh, you're looking for subs with that skill, yes? You might consider fully evolved carbuncles. Each one can get auto-recover as an awoken skill and they're really easy to get.

Wow. Ouch.

Who did you take?
Gigas as leader, Byakko, Dark Golem mk.2, Icedragon Plesios, Sundragon Pterados, Archangel. If I were to do the dungeon again today (which I probably will, seeing how it's double drop today) I'd probably put in another light type monster to take advantage of the double damage to the Keeper.

Edit: Not that I have another decent light type monster to use. :smallannoyed:

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 08:10 AM
Relatively easy. I've stalled out on tower of flare. Not enough HP, attack or both :smallfrown:

Beacon of Chaos
2013-10-15, 08:17 AM
There should be at least one more run for you today. They are usually 4 times a day. :smallsmile:
Oh, forgot to respond to this. I'm running on GMT (+8 hours) so the last run on any limited dungeon is usually 3am at the earliest. x_x

obryn
2013-10-15, 08:22 AM
Huzzah!

And, don't waste your TAMadra! You can get another moonlight carbuncle kinda easy, can't you?
Listen to this man! Carbuncles are super-easy to evo. Tamadra are relatively rare.

Obryn: heartbreakers? Heart makers? I do not quite follow. Guys who concert heal orbs, one way or the other?
You got it. Toydragons, Siren, and Parvati are all heart-makers, turning a potentially useless color into hearts. This is awesome defensively, and can be used offensively with heartbreakers.

Heartbreakers turn potentially useless hearts into their strong color. There's five of them - Gigas, Vampire, Highlander, Berserk, and Valkyrie. They're the most valuable subs in the game, and every team should have at least one of them.

My standard Ra team has three of them - always Cuchu (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Noble_Wolf_King,_Cu_Chulainn) and Sieg (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-rending_Emperor_Siegfried); between the two of them and Ra, I have all five colors in my team. And then I usually bring Rose Queen Valkyrie, but often Duke Vampire Lord or Red Giant Gigas, depending on who I'm facing. (Like for Athena yesterday, I brought Vamp instead of Valk.)

The fourth sub on my Ra team is Red Empress Echidna. She's the most valuable monster in the game.

Gigas as leader, Byakko, Dark Golem mk.2, Icedragon Plesios, Sundragon Pterados, Archangel. If I were to do the dungeon again today (which I probably will, seeing how it's double drop today) I'd probably put in another light type monster to take advantage of the double damage to the Keeper.
Yep, today's a great day to farm Rainbow Keepers. I put my Arch Hades up if anyone needs him, but remember you'll need another 50% dark resist leader (or at least 11k-ish HP) to soak his attacks. And his Gravity will knock 30% off RK off the bat.

Resolve teams are safer, generally, but will take a while. Just remember to bring high-damage guys along; light ninjas if you have them.

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 08:45 AM
Listen to this man! Carbuncles are super-easy to evo. Tamadra are relatively rare.

Wrong gender and species, my good dwarf. This isn't elf games, after all! :smallwink:

You got it. Toydragons, Siren, and Parvati are all heart-makers, turning a potentially useless color into hearts. This is awesome defensively, and can be used offensively with heartbreakers.

Aha. That's how Braz pulled off a solid green back when, with Parvati and Artemis.

I actually have the dragon knight to conver fire orbs, instead.

Heartbreakers turn potentially useless hearts into their strong color. There's five of them - Gigas, Vampire, Highlander, Berserk, and Valkyrie. They're the most valuable subs in the game, and every team should have at least one of them.

My standard Ra team has three of them - always Cuchu (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Noble_Wolf_King,_Cu_Chulainn) and Sieg (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-rending_Emperor_Siegfried); between the two of them and Ra, I have all five colors in my team. And then I usually bring Rose Queen Valkyrie, but often Duke Vampire Lord or Red Giant Gigas, depending on who I'm facing. (Like for Athena yesterday, I brought Vamp instead of Valk.)

The fourth sub on my Ra team is Red Empress Echidna. She's the most valuable monster in the game.

I want your monsters. :9

Yep, today's a great day to farm Rainbow Keepers. I put my Arch Hades up if anyone needs him, but remember you'll need another 50% dark resist leader (or at least 11k-ish HP) to soak his attacks. And his Gravity will knock 30% off RK off the bat.

Resolve teams are safer, generally, but will take a while. Just remember to bring high-damage guys along; light ninjas if you have them.

Heh. I don't even have the maximum stamina to try...
Although, aye! Good, solid active skills have been my key to resolve victories. With heavy enough comboes and a defense break, even high def enemies end up taking enough damage to not be chip'd at 1 each, and those "20x element attack to all enemies" and such come in handy. It's why I have the ogres, really; a massive damage attack against certain elements is pretty niche but handy!

obryn
2013-10-15, 09:09 AM
Wrong gender and species, my good dwarf. This isn't elf games, after all! :smallwink:
I keep forgetting. Sorry!!

I actually have the dragon knight to conver fire orbs, instead.
Ideally, you want both!! Most solid mono-color teams have both a heartbreaker and a Mystic Knight. Heartmakers are somewhat more optional, but very desirable. That's a big reason Parvati rocks; you get her solid leader skills along with a heartbreaker active, leaving you more space in your subs for other good skills.

Try and farm a green golem. You can sometimes find them in the Keeper of Earth dungeon.

I want your monsters. :9
The nice thing about these guys - all heartbreakers, really - is that they're farmable. You can nab those two from Two Heroes once you get a descended-capable team.* Of course, they drop as Highlander and Berserk, which means they each need a few million XP and crazy amounts of evo materials to reach their Ultimate stages. :smallsigh:

So yeah, they're huge investments, but have been worth every bit. I have both of them around 92nd level, both max-skill (so they can heartbreak every 5 turns), and now both Awakened 2. Heck; if you ever want to borrow Cuchu, I can put him up as a Leader.

Heh. I don't even have the maximum stamina to try...
Although, aye! Good, solid active skills have been my key to resolve victories. With heavy enough comboes and a defense break, even high def enemies end up taking enough damage to not be chip'd at 1 each, and those "20x element attack to all enemies" and such come in handy. It's why I have the ogres, really; a massive damage attack against certain elements is pretty niche but handy!
Tower of Giants on the weekend will get you to that stamina level. You'll need to do that before conquering Tower of Flare, probably. :smallbiggrin:

* Two Heroes is either the easiest or 2nd-easiest Descended dungeon, but that still means it's pretty hard. You should be mostly through the Normal dungeons - probably through Ocean of Heaven or so - before taking them on. Valkyrie's dungeon is one of the hardest Descends; I hate that dungeon. Fortunately, both Vampire and Titan are farmable. It can get crazy trying to get them to drop, but you can get them from easy dungeons.

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 09:41 AM
On green golem: why do I want one?
See, the biggest issue with coming in on a goddess (which I didn't, but hey; persistence!) is that I now have no idea what's good. My calibration is set to Parvati, and most non-god monsters make me sort of yawn. The ogre surprises me, because he's useful despite that, and has proven in combat rounds to be good, but maybe I'm just shooting too high too fast, since everyone – EVERYONE – is ending up doing maybe 1k, tops, to monsters I care about hurting.

I am actually going for both siren and echidna, next, for my non-special drops. But the specials take priority. Turns out I'm silly, and didn't have the lits for either Evo, and need to go farm some up :smallredface:

I'm sitting there with a keeper, as mythlit, and some pengdra in the docket going "why won't you ultimate evolve? I don't understand, ogre! Was it something I did?"

obryn
2013-10-15, 10:04 AM
On green golem: why do I want one?
They're massively potent defensive subs. Big buckets of HP and a seriously useful active skill which cuts damage in half for 3 rounds.

This guy (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Mech_Warrior_Asgard) was a main feature on a few of my teams for a good long while. Simple to skill up, too, since you can feed him Keepers to do it.

See, the biggest issue with coming in on a goddess (which I didn't, but hey; persistence!) is that I now have no idea what's good. My calibration is set to Parvati, and most non-god monsters make me sort of yawn. The ogre surprises me, because he's useful despite that, and has proven in combat rounds to be good, but maybe I'm just shooting too high too fast, since everyone – EVERYONE – is ending up doing maybe 1k, tops, to monsters I care about hurting.
Yep, that's why rerolling is so important! It takes a while to get those good monsters on your team, so you want your freebie to be as good as possible.

I am actually going for both siren and echidna, next, for my non-special drops. But the specials take priority. Turns out I'm silly, and didn't have the lits for either Evo, and need to go farm some up :smallredface:

I'm sitting there with a keeper, as mythlit, and some pengdra in the docket going "why won't you ultimate evolve? I don't understand, ogre! Was it something I did?"
Patience is rewarded in this game. :smallsmile:

-O

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 11:15 AM
They're massively potent defensive subs. Big buckets of HP and a seriously useful active skill which cuts damage in half for 3 rounds.

This guy (http://pad.wikia.com/wiki/Wood_Mech_Warrior_Asgard) was a main feature on a few of my teams for a good long while. Simple to skill up, too, since you can feed him Keepers to do it.

I actually had that golem for a while, I think I fed him to someone else >_<
I was all, why is that so great? He's only got ... level 1, 2000? ...Oops

XD

obryn
2013-10-15, 11:45 AM
I actually had that golem for a while, I think I fed him to someone else >_<
I was all, why is that so great? He's only got ... level 1, 2000? ...Oops

XD
No worries, I did the same thing!

They tend to pop out of the REM to tease us. And for the longest time, nobody thought they were worthwhile. Turns out they're awesome, though.

SiuiS
2013-10-15, 11:48 AM
I've now got five sapphire dragons, zero stamina, and... *drumroll* No dragon plants. Plan A has failed due to my being a silly doofus.

On the plus side, I got an ECO Pepen Alma, now! That's all three of the ladies! Just gonna wait until I get some stamina, and grab another keeper of water to evolve one of my Armor Ogres with, and then turn the other one into a Fire Water Ogre ^///^

the Ice Armor Ogre is weird, though, isn't he the one with an afro and a unicorn-style horn made of broccoli?