PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good 2 player rpg experinece for me and gf

dace
2013-09-19, 06:33 PM
We are long distance and I hope to have 1 long day a week to have some fun with. She enjoyed diablo, warcraft and starcraft when she was a kid and recently played guild wars 2 for the first time and loved it. I am avoiding MMO's though.

I have a diablo2 mod in my mind atm because i used to love that game, but that is probably going to be too simplistic after she has played guild wars, also she neds an ok storyline, so yeah maybe no d2 heh.

Also Never winter nights aielund saga was recommended :)

Any other good suggestions?
Thanks. :smallsmile:

Ogremindes
2013-09-19, 07:42 PM
We are long distance and I hope to have 1 long day a week to have some fun with. She enjoyed diablo, warcraft and starcraft when she was a kid and recently played guild wars 2 for the first time and loved it. I am avoiding MMO's though.

I have a diablo2 mod in my mind atm because i used to love that game, but that is probably going to be too simplistic after she has played guild wars, also she neds an ok storyline, so yeah maybe no d2 heh.

Also Never winter nights aielund saga was recommended :)

Any other good suggestions?
Thanks. :smallsmile:

Any particular reason you avoid MMOs? 'Cause GW2 does some important things differently than most.

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-09-19, 08:09 PM
I'd recommend Torchlight 2, except there's no story. I mean--I guess there is, but I don't pay much attention to it. XD It's primarily a hack-and-slash that's pretty fun, with a lot of character customization available. And it has a co-op mode.

It's very Diablo-esque.

TaRix
2013-09-20, 12:21 AM
Don't know if they still do nowadays, but the Tales series let a second person play another party member during fights.

Alaris
2013-09-20, 02:39 AM
Don't know if they still do nowadays, but the Tales series let a second person play another party member during fights.

Yeah... but I don't think they do so across the internet.

Cespenar
2013-09-20, 03:13 AM
BG2 or IWD2, perhaps?

Gandariel
2013-09-20, 03:44 AM
Try Path Of Exile

It's very diablo-ish, but free to play (there are things that you can buy with real money, but they're exclusively graphics and weapon skins that have no effect on the game other than making you look cool), nice graphics (better than diablo 2, a bit worse than diablo 3), and has a very intricated skillpoint system.

Not sure if it's in open beta or already launched, but it's pretty neat

Airk
2013-09-20, 10:50 AM
Yeah... but I don't think they do so across the internet.

It's not actually clear if the OP is asking for something that is played across the Internet; It could as easily be driving out one day a week.

OP, can you clarify? (Not that there are so many 2 player RPGs out there, period. Maybe she'd like Magicka? It's not really an RPG, but the humor is good fun.)

CarpeGuitarrem
2013-09-20, 12:35 PM
OP, can you clarify? (Not that there are so many 2 player RPGs out there, period. Maybe she'd like Magicka? It's not really an RPG, but the humor is good fun.)
YES. YES. SO MUCH YES.

The story is a hilarious pastiche of fantasy tropes, stuffed to the gills with geeky references and in-jokes. And the action is a chaotic, hilarious mess.

Just so long as she doesn't mind being accidentally blown up every so often by friendly fire.

Crow
2013-09-21, 04:24 AM
It's not actually clear if the OP is asking for something that is played across the Internet; It could as easily be driving out one day a week.

I assume he means internet. Otherwise, if he is driving long distance every week, there are far better things they could be doing than gaming!