PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Advice: Skillmonkey with a Real Pretty Face

FatherMalkav
2013-09-19, 10:28 PM
So next week I'm starting a game with some of my fraternity* brothers. Where I've been playing tabletop games for years their experience level varies from 'played in high school' to 'What's a d20?'.

To help with their learning curve, I decide to be the face/skill monkey, letting them shine in battle which seems to be what they'd prefer. To this end I elected to make a Rogue with the Spy Archetype.

The Rules:*Stats were random rolled. I came out with 9-12-13-14-15-16
*Any Race, class, or archetype is allowed, as long as we avoid 3rd party.
*Two traits, all religious/faith require DM approval as his pantheon is homebrew.
*The game will be more Tolkien type venture across the land as opposed to pure urban sprawl or dungeon crawl.
*No Evil Alignments
The Goals:*Allow for mobility (swim, climb, etc. ) as to help me function as something of a multi-tool for tying ropes, leading lines, ect.
*Be able to talk the group out of trouble if needed, new players prone to rash action as they are.
*Multi-Lingual, so that no matter who we meet, chances are I can translate
*Remain combat relevant but do not over-shadow. The current design attempts this though use of poisons.
The Party:*Tiefling Wizard - Battlefield Controller (Conjuration), rolled great stats and the most experienced of the group besides me.
*Human Witch - Debuffer, two stats above 14 and the rest 11 or below, the least experienced of the group
*Half-Orc Barbarian - Ran the gambit on stats from 18 to 4, not his first game but still needs help building a character
And finally my character, Yorin (http://www.dndsheets.net/view.php?id=57261)

I'm basically looking for build suggestions. I have some ideas for feats and talents but this would be my first time doing a rogue in Pathfinder so talents are totally new to me. I'm also debating the Master Spy prestige class, which would require certain feats. Nothing about the character is set in stone though until the first session, so any ideas, opinions, or suggestions are appreciated no matter how drastic the change. I'm shooting for Mid-to-High-Optimization out of combat, and 'relevance' in combat which I think should be easy with SA + Poison Use.

*- It's a Nerd Frat. I know, right?