PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on a Paragon of Gruumsh

Izathel
2013-09-20, 04:36 AM
Okay guys, last time I asked for help I got some real good advice on an evil knight. So this time I come to you with the idea of a paragon of Gruumsh. I absolutely love Orcs and their god, I love the Eye of Gruumsh PrC(though yes, I know it's not that great) and I like the Orc Warlord PrC in Forgotten Realms. So this time, my DM has put us in FR, we have a 28 point buy, 1 flaw, 1 trait, we are level 1 to start, free regional feat, he did ask to keep it low, low-mid op(there has been too much rocket tag and **** stroking in the goup). So far I planned out some stuff from a staple I saw which was: Half Orc Barbarian 3(PHB-25)/Fighter4(PHB-37)/Orc Warlord 3?(RoF-185)/Frenzied Berserker 10?(CW-34)

Feats:
1: Extra Rage(CW-94)
2: Power Attack (PHB-98)
3: Destructive Rage(CW-97)
5: Cleave( PHB-92)
6: Intimidating Rage(CW-102)
9: Instantaneous Rage(CW-102)
12: Imperious Command(DotUD-50)
15: Reckless Rage(RoS-143)
18: Mad Foam Rager(PHB2-80)

ACFs:
Barbarian: Spirit Lion Totem(CC-46), Trap Killer(DSc-8)?
Fighter: Resolute ACF (CC-48)

And with that, I want to raise a cult, a warband of Gruumsh, I want to find his artifacts, do stuff in his name and become a paragon of the deity, maybe even find some way to ascend to become a half orc god or something.(but ya know, thats all late game jazz). I was hoping someone could help me with this, maybe find a good mix of having control of my hoard and my own power and if someone might be able to help me mix in EoG, I'd like that but understand if it's just too out there, bad, or going against two-handed fighting that some of this stuff relies on. Once again I thank you for your time, your effort, and advice. :)

Gwendol
2013-09-20, 06:08 AM
I'd say that a cleric of Gruumsh going into Ordained Champion as a starting point for Orc Warlord sounds about right.

Also, if you're playing in FR maybe make him an Orog?

Arc_knight25
2013-09-20, 07:45 AM
I have done a Favoured Soul into Pious Templar of Gruumsh in the past. Was alot of fun. My mission was to go around and try to find Gruumsh's relics.

Teamed up with a Kobald Fighter that was searching for Io, who had more Str then I did. We had the Master Key, which came in the form of a portable ram that we kept in a bag of holding. If the rogue in the party ever failed his open lock, we would get out the Master Key.

Fouredged Sword
2013-09-20, 08:17 AM
You appear to be missing feat prereqs for Orc warlord. You need might makes right and leadership.

Well, if you want to go all out paragon, how about the following

Half-Orc Paragon 3/ Orc paragon 3 / Barbarian (whirlpounce) 1 / Frenzied Berserker 5 / Orc Warlord 3 / Frenzied Berserker 5

Ok Feats

1 - Extra Rage
Flaw - Power Attack
Flaw - Cleave
3 - Destructive Rage
6 - Intimidating Rage
9 - Leadership
12 - Blood of the Warlord
15 - Free feat
18 - Free feat

Now the point of this build is to get high strength in and outside of rage. You get +2 from your race, and then another +4 from your classes. You have 3 rages you can enter (rage, frenzy, and whirling frenzy.) that all add to your strength.

Izathel
2013-09-20, 07:50 PM
I'd say that a cleric of Gruumsh going into Ordained Champion as a starting point for Orc Warlord sounds about right.

Also, if you're playing in FR maybe make him an Orog?
So, I like the idea of the Orog, but I think the LA is too high, and as for the Cleric levels, well I was hoping to be a melee class. I'm not that big a fan of cleric, but that does sound like it would make a great character.

You appear to be missing feat prereqs for Orc warlord. You need might makes right and leadership.

Ah, yes, thank you. I must have skipped over the feat reqs. I had like, 100 books open flipping back and forth trying to get a good staple or hold on the concept of this brutish leader. I'll make sure to pay closer attention to that. Well thank you guys for your help, it's given me some good ideas. :smallsmile: