PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Implementing a 3.5 Module into my campaign.

Krazzman
2013-09-20, 04:58 AM
Hello again Playground,

I am currently running a Pathfinder game and as sort of a filler arc I wanted to run the module "Into the Frozen Wastes". It is meant for 4 level 7 characters with some encounter tweaking to accomodate higher or lower levels than 7.

I would like some input how to fill it in with the antagonists from my campaign so far.
Adventure Background:
In this module a druid is featured that needs to bring a certain "sorcerer" some weird stuff to rescue his wife, all taking place in the frozen north.

Currently the party is on a sort of balcony, about to get the drop on a Vampire (CR9) with 3 Vampire Spawns and some (Elementalist Monk 3/Sorcerer 1)Frostninjas in the plane of shadows. As such the party will have a full round worth of actions as a surprise round. But the Vampire will flee to another room.

After they survive this mess they will return to the material plane and stay at their tribe again when their spiritual leader asks them to help his druid friend.

Because this is a pathfinder campaign: Any recommendations what I should change beforehand? Or things I should be aware of?

Psyren
2013-09-20, 08:40 AM
- Holding a vampire at bay (should your players exercise that option) is much more dangerous in PF since on subsequent rounds the vampire gets a will save to overcome their revulsion and attack. PF Vampires can also cross running water. Driving a stake through their heart is specified as a full-round action in PF (in 3.5 it's left vague) and the PF Vampire must be rendered helpless first.

- You may need to recalculate their HP; undead in PF have d8s instead of d12s, however they also get their Cha modifier to HP.

- PF Vampires have Fast Healing 5 instead of Fast Healing 2. They still gain hp from draining blood/levels as well. They also have DR 10/magic and silver, instead of DR/5 silver.

- Corporeal undead can be sneak-attacked in PF, so make sure your rogue knows that (if you have one) so they aren't feeling left out.

- The vampire's blood drain is Con damage in PF, not drain.

- Children of the Night calls up to 2d6 wolves, down from 3d6. The other options are unchanged.

- Their Dominate is no longer a gaze attack. This means, for instance, that the PCs can no longer elect to avert their eyes and gain miss chance.

- Be sure you're familiar with the negative level changes, as they are significantly different PF. (For instance, PF spellcasters don't lose any prepared spells when their levels are drained.)

- Be sure you're also familiar with the polymorph changes in case the Vampire shapeshifts.

- Darkvision works in magical Darkness in PF. (Deeper Darkness can shut it off.)