PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Hex and possession

Barstro
2013-09-20, 07:29 AM
DM finally threw a tough fight at us last night. This issue didn't come up, but it might in the future, so I'd like some idea of an answer.

Slumber and Misfortune hexes have the wonderful language that makes it so enemies can be effected by them only once every 24 hours (allows extension by Cackle).

Let's assume the following;
1) Successfully use Misfortune on a warrior.
2) Demon that was possessing warrior leaves body after warrior is killed and attacks on its own
3) Demon then enters the body of another warrior and continues attack

Is Misfortune considered used on the demon, so that Cackle keeps it going through all this?

Is Misfortune considered used on Warrior-1, and thus needs to be reused on Demon, and then reused on Warrior-2?

Is the demon and whatever body he possession immune to Misfortune for 24 hours, despite Cackle?

kabreras
2013-09-20, 07:37 AM
Possesion is like mind control you are not the actual beeing but are controling someone else.

Hex target someone so it target the possed not the possesor.

As for mechanics i would just say that when you posses someone you are inside so out of los to be targeted so the actual target is the body not the one inside.

Psyren
2013-09-20, 07:38 AM
That might depend on the specific possession ability being used, whether debuffs follow them from body to body or not. I would rule that you only hit the host with your first one, and so you'd need to hit Warrior-2 separately, and hit the demon while he is outside as well. But the good news of course is that the 24 hour restriction doesn't kick in until you actually do land the hex on those targets.

Barstro
2013-09-20, 08:26 AM
Good. I agree with all that logic; just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks