PDA

View Full Version : Insidious 2 (not spam)

Olinser
2013-09-20, 10:23 AM
So, I went and saw it this past week, I really liked the first one.

This one I don't know, it was a decent movie, but I felt like it just tried way, way too hard.

The whole thing with the old woman actually being the disguise a serial killing man used just felt like a huge ass pull to me.

Also, after the fight that ended up with the 3 guys unconscious, why, exactly, did !Parkerjosh let them live? They were there for an extended period of time, and he had no emotional attachment to any of them. He was perfectly willing to kill Renai and Josh's mother, why the hell did he leave 3 random dudes alive?

I dunno, it was a decent movie, but the plot just didn't draw me in the way the first one did. Any other thoughts?

Nourjan
2013-09-22, 05:55 AM
Have this forum become so spam infested that people need to put "not spam" in their thread title just so people would take it seriously?

Olinser
2013-09-22, 08:26 AM
Have this forum become so spam infested that people need to put "not spam" in their thread title just so people would take it seriously?

For new movies, unfortunately, yes, because for about a week before and after release there tends to be multiple spam threads of any new movies.

LaZodiac
2013-09-26, 05:58 PM
So, I went and saw it this past week, I really liked the first one.

This one I don't know, it was a decent movie, but I felt like it just tried way, way too hard.

The whole thing with the old woman actually being the disguise a serial killing man used just felt like a huge ass pull to me.

Also, after the fight that ended up with the 3 guys unconscious, why, exactly, did !Parkerjosh let them live? They were there for an extended period of time, and he had no emotional attachment to any of them. He was perfectly willing to kill Renai and Josh's mother, why the hell did he leave 3 random dudes alive?

I dunno, it was a decent movie, but the plot just didn't draw me in the way the first one did. Any other thoughts?

Just saw this last night, may as well answer it.

Because of wiggly ghost rules, he ONLY has to kill the people associated with the family of the body he's inside. Thus he feels no real need to kill them. Also, the fat one is on top and he's the one tranqued out, what are the chances that he'll be able to get up from that?

I do admit, the Bride in Black being a dude is a little silly, but I can totally see it based on how he looks.

Also, the return of that demon guy from the first movie was quite stunning.

amusementfilms
2013-09-27, 09:42 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but the people I know say they liked it more. They seem to explain a lot more about his past (which I know can sometimes ruin things rather than make them better).
I liked the first one but I felt it kind of fell apart at the end.