PDA

View Full Version : AEG Feat Book

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 10:47 AM
Ok folks so one of the groups I play with uses the AEG feat book which has some really interesting (Sometimes broken) things in it.

There is a feat you can take if you are an elf and 1st level with 13+str and 17+ dex that gives you a flat +1 to your base attack bonus. Would this allow you 5 attacks on a 20th level character with full BAB?

Can anyone think of any way to abuse this? PRCs feats etc that can come online earlier? Need to know what I'm in for with this book lol.

rexreg
2013-09-20, 12:23 PM
The group I have been playing with for several years uses this book extensively & this exact question has come up. AEG's Feats book is a center-piece of our gaming, in some ways, but caution must be used when utilizing the feats in this book. Some of the armor feats are pretty crazy.

To avoid abuse, we have capped BAB @ +20 - hence only 4 attacks.

The feat is still good, as it allows feat acquisition/PrC at earlier stages of character development.

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 12:26 PM
haha yeah 3 feats for +6 ac -6 ACP is pretty sweet. especially on shields with shield spec and shield ward.

rexreg
2013-09-20, 12:38 PM
haha yeah 3 feats for +6 ac -6 ACP is pretty sweet. especially on shields with shield spec and shield ward.

Indeed. I'm DM'ing a group that is sitting at level 18 right now & one of the PC's has fully utilized the Armor Feats. I'm dealing w/ AC's nearing 50.

Chronos
2013-09-20, 12:45 PM
Extra attacks only go up to 4. Even in the rare cases that you'll find something with a BAB over 20 (such as a Solar (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/angel.htm#angelSolar)), it still only gives 4 attacks. This would, however, allow you early entry to some prestige classes.

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 12:48 PM
I have a monk I wrote up that at 15th level has an ac of somewhere around 80 I think. 24 dex 26 wisdom +8 bracers of armor +18 for unarmored mastery +& for superior dodge etc etc etc etc. Its pretty gross. plus he has like +48 to grapple I think.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-20, 01:16 PM
There is a feat you can take if you are an elf and 1st level with 13+str and 17+ dex that gives you a flat +1 to your base attack bonus. Would this allow you 5 attacks on a 20th level character with full BAB?
No. BAB doesn't use a formula, but rather explicit text rules:
Base Attack Bonus

A base attack bonus is an attack roll bonus derived from character class and level or creature type and Hit Dice (or combinations thereof). Base attack bonuses increase at different rates for different character classes and creature types. A second attack is gained when a base attack bonus reaches +6, a third with a base attack bonus of +11 or higher, and a fourth with a base attack bonus of +16 or higher. Base attack bonuses gained from different sources, such as when a character is a multiclass character, stack. The fourth with BAB of "+16 or higher" has no upper limit, so at +21 or +121 nothing extra happens.

Geddoe
2013-09-20, 02:15 PM
My favorite was the feat that if you hit with a sneak attack the target dies, no save. Sure it can just be countered with some crit immunity, but still.

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 02:33 PM
Yup assassin's strike. it also takes like 9 or 10 feats to get it though.

Amphetryon
2013-09-20, 02:44 PM
Boring as anything, but you can combine this at 1st level with Power Attack (or Combat Expertise) to get the benefit at no functional cost; it's basically +2 to damage at 1st level whenever you feel like it, or +1 to AC, without reducing your odds to hit below baseline at all.

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 02:48 PM
Or you can play anything with bab 0 at first level and now you have BAB 1. Rogues with weapon finesse from level 1!