PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build a Kamaitachi [3.5]

SoraWolf7
2013-09-20, 11:01 AM
An idea popped in my head last night for a character. For those who don't know, a Kamaitachi (which roughly translates to Sickle Weasel) is a mythological creature from Japanese lore that is represented as a trio of weasel brothers who would play pranks on travelers. One would knock them down with wind, the second would cut them, leaving a wound, and the third would apply a salve on the wound, healing it but leaving the pain. And now you see the basics of this build.

In short, the character needs to move fast, knock people down, and be able to heal. I would prefer methods of attack to be wind or sonic-based, he or she can use scythes or sickles, and the ability to heal either through spells or wands would be appreciated.

Does this interest anyone?

Zombulian
2013-09-20, 11:28 AM
Inb4 ToB suggestions.

Hengeokai Swiftblade? I would suggest Wu Jen, but they don't use air as an element.

Talionis
2013-09-20, 01:39 PM
Are you looking for three different characters? Or one with all that?

Wind made me think of some of the Binders having decent Air attacks.

SoraWolf7
2013-09-20, 01:41 PM
I was originally looking for one to have it all, but a team of three brothers would be awesome and quite thematic. One for knockdown, one for cutting, and one for healing.

Zombulian
2013-09-20, 01:45 PM
Hmmm. Dungeoncrasher fighter, swift ambusher, and a spirit shaman?

Talionis
2013-09-20, 02:05 PM
Elemental Scion of Zilargo in Magic of Eberron is a neat martial class that works with Elementals. Air Elementals are easy to focus in.

Here is a neat Iron Chef build using ESoZ: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12043978&postcount=184

SoraWolf7
2013-09-21, 07:56 PM
Hmmm. Dungeoncrasher fighter, swift ambusher, and a spirit shaman?

Interesting ideas. Do you have a build for each or was this just a suggestion?

Elemental Scion of Zilargo in Magic of Eberron is a neat martial class that works with Elementals. Air Elementals are easy to focus in.

Here is a neat Iron Chef build using ESoZ: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12043978&postcount=184

I looked this over and it seems quite plausible and efficient. The only problem is adjusting it to match the air elemental idea and wind usage.

herrhauptmann
2013-09-21, 08:24 PM
Jack B Quick and the Horizon Tripper builds would both work for the first two weasels.
The cleric/sorc/wiz spell Bloodwind helps too. And it'll give you the third weasel who heals. You mime an attack, and your edged or natural weapons hurt people at a distance.

SoraWolf7
2013-09-22, 05:59 PM
Jack B Quick and the Horizon Tripper builds would both work for the first two weasels.
The cleric/sorc/wiz spell Bloodwind helps too. And it'll give you the third weasel who heals. You mime an attack, and your edged or natural weapons hurt people at a distance.

This brings up another point I wanted to address at some point. Can someone think of a way to make a weapon that would allow them to use wind or sonic attacks for one of the tripper builds?

Zombulian
2013-09-22, 06:17 PM
This brings up another point I wanted to address at some point. Can someone think of a way to make a weapon that would allow them to use wind or sonic attacks for one of the tripper builds?

Master of the Unseen Hand from Complete Warrior maybe?