PDA

View Full Version : 3.x Fighter of Fun

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 11:30 AM
So one of the groups I play with allows 3.0 and 3.5 as well as some 3rd party source books so I thought this could be fun.

Fighter 2/ Swordsage 1/ Fighter X/ ? X

Stats (rolled)((I was on fire!))(((I could make anything with these stats but I figured a fighter would be fun)))

Str 17
Dex 18
Con 16
Int 16
Wis 16
Cha 17

Feats (two flaws)

Fl1 Weapon finesse
Fl2 COmbat Expertise
Human Superior Finesse (AEG feat book replace Str with Dex for damage 1.5 Dex to damage with spiked chain)
1st EXP Spiked Chain
F1 Improved Trip
F2 Knockdown
3rd Shadow Blade
(5th level)F4 Combat Reflexes
6h Power Attack

So This character gets to Hit people add 2.5 times his dex to damage, which at 3rd level is 10 points which activates knockdown all on its own and at 2nd level his average damage is enough to activate it. When he activates it he gets a free trip attempt and if he succeeds he gets another attack!. Gonna be knocking people down and hitting them twice allover the place.

So what do you think?

Sgt. Cookie
2013-09-20, 12:44 PM
I'd take Warblade levels instead of those "Fighter X" levels, go Iron Heart and pick up Steel Wind, so you can strike two people simultaneously. Because of your high Charisma, it might not be a bad idea to pick up a of level of Marshal, grabbing the Art of War minor Aura. I'd also suggest a level of Barbarian, grabbing the Ferocity ACF, which boosts Str and Dex.

I'd pick up Power Attack in lieu of Combat Expertise, simply because it's far more useful, picking up Combat Reflexes at level 6. If you really want BAB to AC, grab Shock Trooper when you've a slot.

tricktroller
2013-09-20, 12:49 PM
combat expertise is required for superior finesse.

Dekion
2013-09-20, 01:03 PM
If you really want BAB to AC, grab Shock Trooper when you've a slot.

I'm not sure I understand the correlation, Shock Trooper allows you to move the Power Attack penalty from BAB to AC, so AC would go down with the intent behind Shock Trooper, not up. It doesn't allow you to increase your AC in the same fashion as Combat Expertise, unless I'm missing something.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-09-21, 09:19 AM
I'm AFB, so I must've got it backwards in my head.

Slipperychicken
2013-09-21, 09:53 AM
When I read the thread title, I expected a build whose goal was to be as unpleasant to play as possible.

OldTrees1
2013-09-21, 11:16 AM
Other neat feats:
Knockback (requires Large size or Powerful Build)
Three Mountain (induce nausea if they are hit twice* in a round [requires specific weapons and allows a fort save])
*Perhaps with that knockdown - improved trip combo?

I will note that you are not getting that much out of Weapon finesse, Combat Expertise and Superior Finesse right now. (+1 atk, prereq, +2 damage). While these will grow as you dex increases (+2 atk, prereq, +3 damage at Dex 20), they might be more useful if taken at a higher level. I would recommend starting with the swordsage level since Shadow Blade (+4 damage) is looking much better than the Finesses (Weapon finesse, Combat Expertise and Superior Finesse).

Firechanter
2013-09-21, 05:01 PM
With stats like those, you can play MAD classes.
How about a Ruby Knight Vindicator?