PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing a Supporting Bard (Pathfinder/3.5)

Enochi
2013-09-20, 02:39 PM
Hello Everyone I just joined a Campaign and its a bit rough so I am trying to come up with some more idea's so boost my bard's effectiveness in a supporting role.

Night now the Party is
A Ranger
A Barbarian
An Alchemist
a Rogue
And me (Bard)

I am level 6 soon to be 7

My feats are
Song of the Heart
Word of Creation
Melodic Casting

Due to my Backstory I am a prepared spell casting bard.

Magic items:
Badge of Valor
Travel Cloak
+1 Darkwood Shield
+1 Mithral Breastplate

Spells:
1st
Ray of Hope
Joyful Noise
Inpirational Boost
Cure light Wounds

2nd:
Elation
Luminous Armor
Ayailla's Radiant burst
Cure Moderate Wounds

This is Pathfinder game with access to 3.5 feats and equipment.

Right now my inspire courage is Base 2 +1 Spell +1 Feat +1 Masterwork Natural Horn +1 Magic item x2 Words of creation for a total of +12 by how the DM rules it. So I think I have offense covered mainly looking on how to boost my allies defense and what prestige class I should be aiming for. Right now I am leaning toward seeker of Song for at least 2 levels.

Der_DWSage
2013-09-20, 04:59 PM
I'd actually push slightly harder on the offense-grab Dragonfire Inspiration. +12 is pretty nice. +12d6 is ruinous.

Defensively, there's really not a whole lot you can do. (That I can think of, anyhow.) But, you can be reactive. Start grabbing immediate action spells from Pathfinder, like Saving Finale, Gallant Inspiration, and Liberating Command. Start picking up battlefield control spells in wand or scroll form-you probably know the drill, but Solid Fog is always a winner, as are various Summon Monster spells.

And as a hilarious note, you can always Ready Action-Wait for someone to charge, and cast Solid Note. Worst case scenario, you prematurely end their charge. Best case scenario, they collide with it, end up on their back, and wonder how in the world they got hit with a C Sharp.

Enochi
2013-09-20, 07:54 PM
DM denied Dragonfire Inspiration...I am sad.

This is my first time with a Bard so I don't know must have spells and the like. Please point them out.