PDA

View Full Version : [PF]Question about Dying, slow, staggered.

isildur
2013-09-20, 09:54 PM
There are four characters. A,B,C,D

Ini for each character is 17,15,13,11

Then D is staggered, C is Slowed, A is dying. in B's turn.

B use heal to A, A is now consious. A can take his turn? if he can, his ini is 17? or 15(later than B) or reroll?

Next, C casts haste to himself. Haste conter slow. Than can he take move action?

Finally, D uses lay on hands(mercy:staggerd) to himself as swift action. than can he take full-round action?

avr
2013-09-20, 10:37 PM
A, B, C & D isn't five characters, just four.

A was unconscious and took no action on init 17. His next action is on init 17 next round. You don't get to take any action, including delaying your action, while unconscious.

I would say yes to C & D but I'm not sure.

EvilAvocado
2013-09-21, 04:34 AM
A misses his turn but can go at the top of the round as usual.

I'm also in favor of C & D getting their actions.

aeauseth
2013-09-23, 05:03 PM
B use heal to A, A is now consious. A can take his turn?

In my games I would put the initiative of player A to be directly after player B. Remeber that player A is likely prone.

Next, C casts haste to himself. Haste conter slow. Than can he take move action?

No, at the beginning of his turn he was slowed, so he used his standard action to cast haste and is done for his round.

Finally, D uses lay on hands(mercy:staggerd) to himself as swift action. than can he take full-round action?

The SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm) is vague on this one. It suggests you get free actions while staggered, but is silent on swift actions. I'd probably allow it.

In general (when in doubt) I give the advantage to the players. Under these scenarios the party is in serious trouble, so giving them a small advantage to salvage the fight is probably warrented.

Psyren
2013-09-23, 05:11 PM
The SRD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/actionsInCombat.htm) is vague on this one. It suggests you get free actions while staggered, but is silent on swift actions. I'd probably allow it.

In general (when in doubt) I give the advantage to the players. Under these scenarios the party is in serious trouble, so giving them a small advantage to salvage the fight is probably warrented.

Psst. OP mentioned mercies (and swift action LoH) so it's a safe bet he's playing Pathfinder.

I would say no to A (he missed his turn, but will get to go again at the top of the next round) and yes to C and D.