PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXXXI



Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:33 PM
Thecla looks back for a moment, Yes, oh so tasty steak. I'll miss you while we're traveling.

Loki_the_god
2006-12-30, 09:33 PM
He raises an eyebrow and then smiles viciously, Let me save you the trouble. I know how this Town works. You can't actually hold me until a trial takes place. So, for what you'd call bail--any sensible person in this Town would call it a bribe--I get to stay out here, drinking my lager. Which sounds much more preferable.

Cathrindir
2006-12-30, 09:36 PM
"I'll miss you as well. When do you plan to leave?"

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 09:37 PM
"Fine, I suppose. Yours?"

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:38 PM
Soon, anyday now. My feet are pushing me onwards to new places. Thecla jumps down and goes over to Mik and the steak.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:39 PM
Mik grins and tries to keep between Thecla and the steak.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-30, 09:39 PM
Alex shrugs "Can't really complain, although for that you'd have to take one certain recent addition to the populace out."

Cathrindir
2006-12-30, 09:40 PM
Cathrindir nods and takes a sip of his wine, looking around the Tavern.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:41 PM
Thecla 'ports to the other side and steals one of the steaks and runs off with it.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 09:41 PM
Iames's eyes narrow, but he considers it. Very well. Bail for 5 deaths comes to 27,500 gold.

Silas
2006-12-30, 09:42 PM
Silas listens in on several of the conversations that are going on.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 09:42 PM
Hoseki glances at Loki. "Hey, I never found out. Do you know what happened to Tinker or your mirror?"

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:42 PM
Mik laughs and starts to eat his steak.

Loki_the_god
2006-12-30, 09:45 PM
He chuckles and reaches to his belt. He draws off a rather small pouch. Out of it he takes out what seems to be a small piece of black cloth. He unfolds it and sets it on the floor to reveal a ten foot deep hole...or it would be, were it not for the horde of gold, platinum, and gems. He plucks out gems equalling the amount suggested by Iames, plus some, and takes another pouch from his belt. He pours the gems into it, folds up the hole and sticks it back in the first pouch, and then offers Iames the pouch of gems.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:46 PM
Thecla finds an empty table and settles down to chew on her steak, munching it quickly down.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:46 PM
Mik finishes his steak, and his tail wags as he watches Thecla.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-30, 09:47 PM
Iames takes the gems and teleports away.

Loki_the_god
2006-12-30, 09:48 PM
Loki smiles and returns to his lager.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-30, 09:50 PM
((Hoseki, I assume you're talking to Alex and not Loki))
"Tinker's around but he hasn't been to many places out of his home." ((In reality me brain can't handle the gibberish)) he scowls slightly "I haven't seen my mirror, he's most likely left when he heard that I had come back from the dead."

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 09:51 PM
Thecla finishes hers and goes over to lie down on Cathrindir's feet.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:54 PM
Mik curls up and watches Thecla.

Hoseki
2006-12-30, 09:54 PM
((She just glanced at Loki because she was guessing that he was the recent addition to the populace in question. Also: http://www.zokutou.co.uk/randomword/ I found this a few days ago. It is utterly AWESOME.))

Hoseki nods, then yawns. "I'm going to get some rest. Talk to you later." She turns into an iron bar and stows herself.

((G'night.))

Loki_the_god
2006-12-30, 09:54 PM
Loki finishes his lager and stands, tipping Cosmo. I'll be seeing ya, kid, he states to Alex. He then disappears in a swirl of fire.

Mik
2006-12-30, 09:55 PM
Mik changes his mind and shifts to hybrid, sitting at the table.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-30, 09:57 PM
Alex summons a lager and stares at it for a moment before drinking it.

Cathrindir
2006-12-30, 10:04 PM
Cathrindir smiles and reaches down to scratch Thecla behind the ears.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-30, 10:05 PM
Alex finishes his drink and disappears in a swirl of fire.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 10:06 PM
Her tail wags as he scratches behind her ears.

Silas
2006-12-30, 10:13 PM
Silas seems amazed at the iron bar that was just a creature a second ago.

"Wait...why am I suprised...it's not like I'm human."

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 10:14 PM
Thecla watches Mik, she turns her nose up towards Cathrindir. I think Mik wants his feet warmed? as she grins.

Cathrindir
2006-12-30, 10:17 PM
Cathrindir chuckles. "Alright. I'll see you around."

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 10:18 PM
Thecla wags her tail as she goes over to Mik's feet. She lies down on his feet and gets all nice and comfy.

Mik
2006-12-30, 10:20 PM
Mik wiggles his feet as he smiles at Thecla.

wxdruid
2006-12-30, 10:22 PM
She puts her head on her paws, content to watch everyone from her vantage point.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 10:45 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Diosworldcrafter.png
An elven craftsman enters the tavern and looks around.
Who? Where?
His gaze goes distant, and he nods and goes upstairs.

Mik
2006-12-30, 10:48 PM
Both Mik and Thecla yawn, so Thecla 'ports them both away.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 11:07 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega enters the tavern and takes a seat.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 11:33 PM
Regiji steps into Trog's and lets out a long sigh. He waves half-heartedly at Omega.

"Today could have ended a lot better..."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-30, 11:44 PM
Yes, a heck of a lot better. I try to look at the positives, though. Plot could've made it ten times worse. Magtok and friends could've unveiled some super nuclear bomb thing and threatened to blow up the Town. That sure would kill a good time.

AmberVael
2006-12-30, 11:48 PM
Regiji may note a very strong divine energy upstairs.
Its the same energy that Vael had when he was using Dios's powers.

Rebonack
2006-12-30, 11:56 PM
Regiji sighs.

"Elya's mind is... broken. I don't know how else to describe it. It isn't magic. I'm not even sure if it's anything supernatural. For all I know they could have lobotomized her," he shakes his head. "As you can imagine, Earin is pretty crushed by the whole thing."

I'm picking up a powerful divine energy source.

Regiji blinks.

"How powerful?"

Powerful like there's an avatar of a god wandering around in here.

"There are gods wandering around in here all the time, Sal."

This one's power is identical to the energies utilized by Vael's lens and that Masters.

That gets Regiji's attention.

"Where?"

Eeerr... In Seren's room.

Regiji runs his hand down his face, then stands.

"I'll be right back. I hope. And never say 'things could have been worse'. It invites disaster."

Regiji heads up stairs.

****

Regiji walks back down and considers his options for a moment, then heads outside.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:14 AM
Dios comes downstairs and goes outside.

Jarrik
2006-12-31, 02:16 AM
*A mysterious man in Heavy armour with a large, strange shaped sword strapped across his back walks into the tavern and sits down at the bar. He looks around and orders a drink*

Blood
2006-12-31, 04:54 AM
Blood watches the armored man with a bored expression. A glass of wine floats next to her head, waiting for her to take a sip.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 09:11 AM
Hanna and Kirbyla enter the tavern. Hanna orders a Wizard Blizzard and, for Kirbyla, a green tea in a small cup.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 10:07 AM
Hawk enters the tavern, adjusting his peak cap as he does so.

So...is he meaning to tell me that something is controlling people's minds and killing them? he wonders as he goes to find an empty seat. How strange. I've heard of Illithids, but none that could do this.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 10:12 AM
Hanna nods to Hawk and casts a spell into her drink.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 10:16 AM
Hawk looks up at Hanna and nods as well. He sits back into his chair, thinking idly. Just doesn't make any sense...

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 10:17 AM
((Hanna, not Calpurnia. Calpurnia's my avatar, Hanna's the winged centaur in my sig picture.))

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 10:32 AM
((Hanna, not Calpurnia. Calpurnia's my avatar, Hanna's the winged centaur in my sig picture.))
((Whoops. heheh. editted))

Hawk is too distressed by this to think straight. He's not even in the mood to drink himself stupid - And he's always in the mood for that!

I have to go review those files... He says to himself, standing. He promptly leaves.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 10:43 AM
Hanna sighs slightly. Sipping her drink, she opens a book and begins reading.

Lord Sidereal
2006-12-31, 10:46 AM
The Black Dog trots down from the second floor and gets in front of the fire.

Silas
2006-12-31, 11:29 AM
Silas wakes up, and noticing the lack of people, he leaves.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 11:30 AM
Hanna's tail flicks and she puts the book away.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 11:53 AM
((Damn, Cal, I think you just got rejected by Silas))

Rebonack
2006-12-31, 11:57 AM
((Maybe he doesn't view pegataurs as people.))

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 12:12 PM
((Such discrimination! I am wounded. Wounded I say!))

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 12:15 PM
Two wolves wander into the tavern. The larger, stockier and greener one is The Greeny Wolf as ever, accompanied by a smaller silvery wolf. Both tails wag when they see Cal, before Greeny heads behind the bar to speak to the npc on duty about getting some hot chocolates.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 12:20 PM
Hanna nods to the two wolves and Kirbyla begins swooping randomly around the tavern.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:55 PM
Verdandi comes into the tavern and scans it for any signs of trouble. She is pleasantly surprised not to see any.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:56 PM
Kyrian enters and looks around.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 12:58 PM
Verdandi walks to the bar, expecting that Kyrian will follow her.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 12:58 PM
Kirbyla barely avoids crashing into Kyrian's head. Pulling back just in time with a hiss, she says, Gah! You surprised me!

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 12:59 PM
Kyrian raises an eyebrow at Kirbyla and takes a seat at the bar.

What would you like?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:01 PM
Mead, and I do not mean that disgusting drink that they show on the menu. I have no idea why they serve that.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:04 PM
The pesudodragon flies over to her companion, who seems slightly ruffled for some reason.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:04 PM
Wait...you want mead, but not...hang on...

Kyrian tries to summon a mead, but can't guarantee it's what was requested.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:06 PM
Oh I am pretty sure they have normal mead here, I have gotten it a few times. Thank you though. Verdandi looks into the summoned drink and frowns slightly.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:08 PM
Oh, I guess I misunderstood.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:09 PM
They just do not show everything they have on the menu. Verdandi shrugs and drinks from the tankard, then gives it an odd look.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:10 PM
I screwed it up...didn't I? Kyrian gives a smiles.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:12 PM
Its not bad, actually, but it is certainly not mead. Verdandi looks into the tankard with a critical eye. Of course, I could just be used to what I drank in Valhalla.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 01:14 PM
Hawk enters the tavern, stealing a quick glance at Verdandi and Kyrian.

Hmph. Shrugging off work.

He travels into the bathroom, looking around. One of the better bathrooms I've seen.. He notes. Probably due to the building's indestructible nature. Searching a bit, the officer notes puddles on the ground - they appear to be dried blood. There was no evidence of a skirmish - again, probably due in no small part to the tavern's magic. He searches some more and finds nothing. He'll send a more experienced CSI ((wonder if we even have those)) to check the area more thoroughly later. Hawk leaves the bathroom and the tavern, but not before giving Kyrian another soul-piercing glance. This man was rubbing him the wrong way.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:14 PM
Kyrian shrugs. I tried.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:16 PM
You did well enough for me. Verdandi watches Hawk investigate with a pang of guilt.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:16 PM
The silvery wolf glances up from her hot chocolate at the newcomers, and sends a warning glare to her green companion. Greeny stifles a snicker and continues to drink his hot chocolate.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:18 PM
Kyrian notices Hawk's glare finally, and smiles at Verdandi. He asks, jokingly,

You sure there's a law that says I can't kill him?

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 01:19 PM
Alex appears in a swirl of fire. He looks around to see if a certain person is here and then, not seeing him, summons a lager for himself.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:20 PM
He just wants to do the job, Kyrian; I probably should be working on cases as well. Verdandi watches the door.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:21 PM
Hanna's tail swishes. Is that a police officer? Maybe I should just- Don't tip our hand so soon, Hanna. Later. Ah well. Just a thought.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:22 PM
'Lo, Alex.

Kyrian turns back to Verdandi.

I was just joking. And if you need to work as well, go for it. Just remember that all work and no play led to someone's violent death. Don't recall who that was though...

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:23 PM
Feeling somewhat rotten for not saying hello, the silvery wolf growls something at Greeny, who rolls his eyes.

"The librarian wants me to pass on her best wishes to you all for the coming year. At least, try not to get blown up too much."

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 01:24 PM
Alex glances at Kyrian "Lo Kyrian" he then turns to Greeny, and tilts his head "Really? Where has that red head gone then? I thought she would have passed on the message herself"

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:25 PM
I know, but I have not been doing my job enough as it is. I guess this is the best place to watch for people though. Verdandi looks over to Alex when Kyrian addresses him. Oh, its you. Going to tell me about my duties as a valkyrie again? Verdandi smiles.

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 01:27 PM
Just don't get too stressed Verdandi. Nobody's ever help to anyone when they're all stressed out...I've learned that the hard way before.

((And I'll be back later))

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:28 PM
Greeny starts laughing.

"Oh, she's around," Greeny says to Alex as the silvery wolf sinks behind the bar. "She's learning that "diet" is the foulest word in the common language."

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 01:29 PM
A sad looking Alena walks into the Tavern. She finds a stool to sit on and carefully arranges her wings behind her. She stares at the counter as she soaks in the warmth.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 01:31 PM
"Well pass her the same message from me to her then. And to you as well Greeny." Alex takes a sip of his drink "So who's your friend I saw you being very cosy with?"

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:33 PM
Verdandi becomes a little confused as she gets ignored, but decides that she did not particularly want to share her past with a stranger anyways, which is probably where the conversation would end up. She watches Alena come in, ruffling her own wings instinctively.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:34 PM
Hanna looks over at Alena, concern in her eyes. "Hey... are you okay?"

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:35 PM
The silvery wolf nearly chokes, and Greeny laughs again.

"Her? For the moment, Kratos and I have nicknamed her Naivete. Isn't that right?" The silvery wolf glares at Greeny, and pokes her head around enough to reveal a simple leather collar around her neck, with a silver wolf's head decoration attached.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 01:36 PM
((oops, sorry Verdandi missed your post. Although it would be in Alex's character to ignore your PC's existance at the moment))

Alex grins, and glances between Greeny and Naivete "Hmm, female...possibility of romance in the near future for you Greeny?"

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:37 PM
((That is fine. I did not particularly expect an answer anyways for that very reason.))

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 01:38 PM
Alena looks over at Hanna, I miss home, I miss Jovah responding to my voice.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:40 PM
((You wouldn't happen to be a fan of Sharon Shinn, whould you?))

"So why are you still here?" she asks reasonably.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:41 PM
Verdandi feels a sudden connection with this winged stranger, and it is not just the similarities in appearance.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:42 PM
The silvery wolf barks in protest.

"Nope, she's taken and besides, what would that get me? Kratos is enough trouble for one wolf."

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 01:44 PM
Alena looks back down, I..I'm not sure how I ended up here.

((and yes, I am a Sharon Shinn fan))

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 01:46 PM
Alex chuckles "Ah, the problems with children. Although of course I was no problem to my parents." he glances at the silver wolf, and smiles to himself

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:46 PM
((She is one of my favorite authors. I love the angel books. :smallsmile:))

"Oh... I'm very sorry to her that."

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:48 PM
((Now I am going to have to read those books.))

Verdandi wishes she had proficiency in conversation so she could find a way to skillfully insert herself into the conversation she was listening to.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 01:49 PM
Alena brings her wings forward for privacy as a few tears roll down her cheeks.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:49 PM
Greeny grins.
"Absolutely. Hooray for quiet, well-behaved cubs!" The silvery wolf raises a wolfish eyebrow and growls something. "And cubs who eat too much fudge and end up sleeping it off for a couple of days."

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 01:51 PM
Alex smiles and freezes in time while his player runs down to the shops before it closes for the new year

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:52 PM
((Run Alex run! :smallwink:))
Verdandi hesitates. I want to do something, but I have no idea what to do.

cosmo
2006-12-31, 01:52 PM
Cosmo walks in and disappears behind the bar, then pops up behind it while tying his apron. Stupid bonehead lawyers, grumble mutter mutter.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:53 PM
Hanna steps back a pace, looking horribly awkward. "Hey, don't do that... I'm sure you'll find your way back. Listen, can I get you a drink? Or something?" She obviously has no clue how to comfort a crying person.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 01:56 PM
Alena wipes her tears away. I'm...I'm sorry I'm not usually like this. I would like a drink, but I don't really have much actual money with me. I usually just show them my bracelets but I don't know if that works here.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 01:57 PM
Naivete approaches the crying, winged figure and peers up at her with large, sympathetic eyes.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 01:59 PM
((Which hold is she from?))

"I'll buy. Hanna says hurriedly.

((V: HANNA! This is Hanna, not Calpurnia!))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 01:59 PM
Verdandi finally steels herself and walks over to join Alena and Calpurnia. I'm sorry, I know I should not have been listening, but-

McBish
2006-12-31, 02:01 PM
A large hound walks inside he quickly smells the scent of wolf and his playful manner is gone, it is replaced with a look of concentration.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:04 PM
Alena ruffles her wings back, Thank you, I'm Alena, she turns politely to Verdandi, Hello?

((Cedar Hills))

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:07 PM
Hawk enters the tavern once more; Only not to search this time. He sits down at a table.

The Goldshadow Psionics building was closed. He recalls to himself, I'll have to go back later. For now, he orders some ale. I wonder if anyone here knows anything...

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:07 PM
Verdandi loses her certainty. I'm sorry- I just thought-

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 02:07 PM
"I'm Hanna. What would you like?" Hanna looks relieved that Alena has stopped crying.

cosmo
2006-12-31, 02:08 PM
Cosmo drums his fingers on the bartop, waiting to see if anybody's actually going to order a drink or this is just a big tease.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:11 PM
Wine, please.

She turns back to Verdandi, I'm sorry, I'm being rude, please forgive me. I'm Alena

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:11 PM
Cosmo drums his fingers on the bartop, waiting to see if anybody's actually going to order a drink or this is just a big tease.
(("Hawk orders an ale". Make it Archon))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:12 PM
Verdandi smiles slightly. I am Verdandi. She sits down at the table. When I heard what you said, it just sounded familiar to me.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:14 PM
Really? You know why Jovah won't hear my voice? as she looks hopefully at Verdandi

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 02:14 PM
Hanna looks at the menu. "Fireamber okay?"

cosmo
2006-12-31, 02:14 PM
Cosmo slides a mug of ale to Hawk, then pours a glass of wine for Alena. Having no confidence that either will actually pay for their drinks, he mutters to himself and starts wiping glasses.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 02:15 PM
Alex comes back to life and looks around the Tavern

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:16 PM
"How much?" Hawk inquires. A man of the law doesn't skip tab - unless, you know, he's strapped for cash. Then he'll do it if he very well feels like it.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:16 PM
No- but- I can't help her. All I will be doing is putting my sorrow on her. I know what it is like- to be away from home. Verdandi looks away, no longer certain as to whether this is a good idea or not.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 02:17 PM
The silvery wolf glances over at Cosmo somewhat awkwardly, considering it is somewhat difficult to carry a purse in wolf form.

I'm going to have one heck of a tab when this is over... She returns to Greeny's side, and the pair start muttering in canine. At one point, Greeny breaks down in laughter while Naivete narrows her eyes at him and barks something angrily.

"Worse than Sparrow! I've never felt so honoured!"

McBish
2006-12-31, 02:17 PM
The hound spots the wolves and seems confused why no one is scared or making any moves to attack the wolves. He pauses to consider this.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-31, 02:17 PM
SASO suddenly lifts his head off the table, as he had been unconscoius to to sudden player disappearance sydrome, or SPDP.

Dang Plot and his non-linear time...or was that alcohol that did this to me?

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:19 PM
Alena ruffles her wings in confusion as Cosmo brings wine for her and Hanna asks if she wants fireamber. She picks up the wine glass and takes a small sip.

Yes, I miss my home, I know where I am there, as she looks down at the bar.

cosmo
2006-12-31, 02:19 PM
Cosmo groans at Hawk. Stupid Trog and his stupid flexible pricing. Whatever you think it's worth for some strange reason.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 02:20 PM
Alex grins to himself "Forgot I could do this..." he looks at Naivete
{canine}"Hello wolfie"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:21 PM
Hawk roots around the pockets of his trenchcoat and drops a few copper and silver pieces on the bar next to the cynical little man.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 02:21 PM
Hanna gives Cosmo a weird look, since neither she nor Alena had actually ordered anything, but pays for the wine anyway. With exact change and no tip.

"If it helps... I too am away from home. I don't know when I will be able to return."

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:22 PM
What did I think I could do? I'm sorry- I just thought- Oh I'm so stupid. Verdandi stares at her drink.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 02:23 PM
Naivete looks up at Alex.

{Canine}: "Hullo," she says. {Canine}: "How goes it, Alex?"

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:24 PM
Hawk stands up, ale in hand, and walks over to Verdandi. "Sergeant?" He asks hesitantly, seeing she was in a state of grief.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:24 PM
Alena looks from Verdandi to Hanna, Thank you both so much for helping me, I feel a little better now.

McBish
2006-12-31, 02:25 PM
The hound seems very confused. This isn't a hunt but there are the wolves. But the people aren't scared of the wolves they are talking to them. The wolves ignore him instead of fighting him, everything is topsy turvey. ((turvey?)) He whines a bit and spins in a circle and lays down to think about this odd situation.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 02:25 PM
{canine} "Not so bad in general. Feels like I know you in some ways..."

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:26 PM
Verdandi looks up at Hawk, thinking that he had some police buisness. Thank the fates, something I can deal with. Yes Officer? She smiles hesitantly at Alena.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:28 PM
"Well, first I..." Hawk tried to find a way to say this. He wasn't very good at expressing emotions, unless annoyance counted. "..Sorry for being overly harsh at the station. It wasn't your fault."

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 02:28 PM
Hanna smiles. "Good to know."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-31, 02:29 PM
Magtok to SASO:I see you're out of that paralysis
You did that? Get out of my head!
Oooh, is that another officer? Shoot her, agent.
You can't tell me what to do. My will is my own, so get out of my head before I decide to...
Decide to do what? Kill me? Like you did that innocent person from before?
You made me do that! Now get out of my head!
Fine, fine. We'll continue this later, agent. Remember, I'm not done with you yet.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:29 PM
Why is it that all of this is happening today? Oh- that- well I shouldn't have- Verdandi wishes that Iames were here for her.

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 02:30 PM
Greeny looks innocent.

{Canine}: "Can't think why that would be," he says to Alex. The silvery wolf glares at him.

{Canine}: "It's me, Alex. Libris. I'd be eternally grateful if you didn't mention this to anyone. Greeny and I have had something of a disagreement-"

{Canine}: "Put me on a diet indeed!"

{Canine}: "You ate half a box of fudge in three seconds! In any case, he's hidden the instructions for this blasted collar, so I'm stuck as a wolf for the time being."

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:30 PM
Alena sips her wine as she looks around the Tavern at the variety of people and animals present. She tries to consider what to do next.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:31 PM
"Anyway.." Hawk continues, not wanting to dwell on the chink in his metaphorical armor, "I was examining the bathroom...Couldn't find anything to indicate a fight, but you know how this place is. Indestructible and all. There is, however, a few puddles of what I can only assume is dried blood. I'd like to have the bathroom marked off as a police investigation area until we can get some professional input."

((Still don't know if we have anything equivalent to a CSI here))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-31, 02:34 PM
((CSI:The Town. That'd make a great show!))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:34 PM
I think Iames can see into the past with some power of his, but marking it off until he arrives would be a good idea. I can probably arrange something. Verdandi stands up.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:35 PM
Alena looks around a bit uncertainly, Does anyone mind if I sing? I love to sing and it always helps my mood.

Hoseki
2006-12-31, 02:35 PM
Hoseki appears behind the bar and nods to everyone present.

Calpurnia
2006-12-31, 02:36 PM
Hanna smiles. "Oh, I love music. Please do."

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:36 PM
Hawk nods. "Also, that thing - Regiji, I think? He said that when he engaged a man he believes to have been afflicted with whatever is causing these murders that he was being thrown out of Goldshadow Psionics. I was going to go question whoever was working there. Want to come with me?"

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:38 PM
It will take me some time to block of the area like I want to. You should probably go without me. Verdandi walks over to the doorway to the bathroom and draws out her sword.

McBish
2006-12-31, 02:39 PM
The hound doesn't seem to make any headway in figuring out why the wolves are mingling with people, but there seems to be something odd about these wolves scent. Maybe that is the key. He starts trying to figure out what is different about them.

Nevrmore
2006-12-31, 02:39 PM
"Alright. I'll see you later, Sergeant."

Whatever happened to police tape? He wonders as he walks to the door.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 02:39 PM
Alex laughs {canine} "Nice, doesn't rival the joke I heard last night but still a good laugh." {/canine}
Alex turns to Greeny "Make sure to take good care of the puppy in these places Greeny"

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:40 PM
Alena smiles, I know just the song. She stands and moves her stool back as she takes out her bag. She holds it up in the air and snaps the top open, as she pulls down the sides her concert harp emerges. She looks a bit embarrassed as she puddles the bag around the bottom of the harp. She retakes her seat, pulls the harp close and starts to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M3w9911FR8). Her voice ringing pleasantly through the Tavern as she puts her heart and soul into her music.

((There are a few bardic spells permanently on her harp to enhance her music))

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 02:42 PM
"We've developed something of a knack for slipping in and out of the house unnoticed these days. And unlike us-" He nods at the silvery wolf. "Trouble slides off Kratos like water from a duck's back while we're-"

{Canine}: "Sponges." The silvery wolf looks up at Alex hopefully. {Canine}: "Dare I ask what the joke was?"

Lord Magtok
2006-12-31, 02:42 PM
Hello again, agent.
Back again? I thought you said you were going!
Then I decided to come back. Iassumed your simple mind could understand that.
Go away! My head enough of a mess without your interference!
Interference? My boy, I am merely trying to help you sort out that clutter.
By shooting people and putting my morals in question? Get the hell out.
Fine. We'll continue this at a more appropriate time.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:44 PM
Verdandi places her sword tip on the ground in front of her and begins a quiet chant.

McBish
2006-12-31, 02:44 PM
The hound decides to watch the wolves for now.

Hoseki
2006-12-31, 02:45 PM
Hoseki sighs and vanishes.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-31, 02:49 PM
SASO decides to leave, and go to the police station.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 02:50 PM
To the silvery wolf {canine} "Loki came in here last night and said he was "turning over a new leaf". When I see that is probably going to be just before the apocalypse"

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 02:51 PM
A few runes shimmer into the air beside Verdandi as she keeps up her quiet chant.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:52 PM
Alena finishes that one and smiles to herself, she smoothly starts to play another song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtnDUSJfbzU&mode=related&search=)

The_Librarian
2006-12-31, 02:55 PM
The silvery wolf bristles irritably.

{Canine}: "Nicknames aside, I won't believe it 'til I see him shed a tear of genuine regret for all the pain he has caused." She looks at Greeny hopefully.

"I'll think about it. Need me to open the door for you?" he snickers as he heads for the exit.

{Canine}: "Take care, Alex. I hope your new year is filled with joy." She follows Greeny out of the tavern.

Alex Shipmaster
2006-12-31, 02:57 PM
Alex nods after the wolves "See you later, you two"

McBish
2006-12-31, 02:58 PM
The hound follows the wolves.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 02:59 PM
Alena plays on, losing herself in music as she blends the next song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZKTuOHIys)into the previous one.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:01 PM
Verdandi finishes her chant, and a few lines of force stretch across the entrance to the bathroom. She frowns at the runes and they slowly rearrange to form the words 'Under police investigation- area off limits.'

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 03:04 PM
Alena's fingers move gracefully over the strings, always knowing which one to pluck. She closes her eyes and plays on (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cdef-hEAQY&search=enya)

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:07 PM
Iames comes downstairs, sees Vera, and smiles at her. he goes over to her and gives her a kiss. Hello, my Necessity.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:08 PM
Hello Iames. Verdandi smiles and sheathes her sword, then puts her arms around him.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 03:10 PM
Alena softly ends the song and looks around.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:13 PM
Had a good day so far? Iames puts his arms around her, too.

McBish
2006-12-31, 03:14 PM
The hound comes back inside and sit by the fire, confused.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 03:15 PM
Alena sighs and rebags her harp and puts it away. She looks around and goes back outside.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:18 PM
Well- it has been more confusing than good. Verdandi glances over at where Kyrian is still sitting.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:20 PM
Iames follows her gaze. Oh. But not a bad day?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:23 PM
No, not really. Verdandi put her head on his chest.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:24 PM
Iames smiles and runs a hand over her hair.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:29 PM
Its definitely good now. Verdandi's wings rustle for a moment.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:35 PM
Yes, Iames agrees, it certainly is. He sighs. Unfortunately, my player's brother wants to use the computer, so I'll have to go soon.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:37 PM
Why don't we just go somewhere then?

Kenyon
2006-12-31, 03:40 PM
Jackie steps into the Tavern, looking much happier than normal. She makes her way to the bar, and orders herself a Jasphattan, and an Archon Ale to go.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:40 PM
Sounds good to me. Any ideas?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:42 PM
We have not been out in the countryside for a while... Verdandi smiles up at him.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:43 PM
That's true. He smiles back, steps out of the embrace, and takes her hand. The pond?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 03:44 PM
Verdandi nods.

Kenyon
2006-12-31, 03:45 PM
While Jackie waits for her drinks, Phil walks in Trog's. He looks around for someone, eyeing the police rather warily, then takes his spot at the bar. Despite taking a nasty shot to the pills from her some time ago, he doesn't recognize Jackie.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-31, 03:45 PM
Iames smiles and teleports them away.

Kenyon
2006-12-31, 04:09 PM
Jackie smiles as she recieves her drink, then turns and sees Phil at the bar next to her, and scowls. At this point, Phil finally notices her as well, but still doesn't recognize her.

"Well, hey there, missy."

"*sigh* What now?"

Phil looks taken aback. "Well, that's certainly not the way to treat the man o'your dreams."

Jackie glares back. "Buddy, the only way I'd dream about you would be in some crazy drunken nightmare."

Phil raises his eyebrows at her. "That can be arranged."

Jackie sighs, and sits back at the bar. "Look, if I buy you a drink, will you leave me alone?"

"I dunno. We'll just haveta find out, won't we?"

Jackie groans, and whispers an order to Cosmo, who comes back with a glass mug of beer. "Here, this beer has a higher alcohol content than most beers in the Town. Maybe that will help sterilize all those cuts on your face."

Phil gives her a confused look. "Er, what cuts, little lady?"

Jackie quickly grabs the mug, and smashes it against Phil's face, leaving him covered in blood, beer, and shards of glass. "I have no idea."

((Cookie to whoever can figure out where I blatantly stole that from.))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 04:11 PM
((Dr. McNinja?))

Kenyon
2006-12-31, 04:12 PM
((Success! A Ben Franklin-shaped cookie for you!))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 04:13 PM
((Woohoo! *eats cookie*))

Kenyon
2006-12-31, 04:25 PM
Phil sputters, as he wipes the beer and blood out of his eyes. "Dammit! What the hell what that fo-waitaminnit, I remember you! You're that witch that clocked me out at the temple!"

Jackie grins. "Well, aren't you the observant one? What, did you come here for round two?"

"I normally wouldn't strike a lady, but it looks like someone needs to teach you a lesson!" He smacks her in the face with the back of his hand, sending her staggering back a few steps.

She looks back at him, spitting a small bit of blood in his direction. Pressing a pair of buttons in her sleeves, two daggers shoot out into her hands. "Your funeral, skippy!" She lunges forward, slashing Phil across the chest, followed up a with boot to the face, driving the glass shards even further.

Phil howls in pain, but manages to catch her foot in defense. Jackie just smiles, and leaps into the air, kicking Phil in the side of the head with her other foot. The two of them collapse on the ground, but Jackie quickly gets up, pays for her drinks, and heads out of the tavern again, giving Phil another boot to the junk as she goes.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:26 PM
In a plane adjacent to the material, Maal walks down the stairs, looking around.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:28 PM
Cassandra follows him down, No one awake is here, to bad. Can we affect people on the other plane?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:29 PM
No. In fact, they appear hazed and blurry, and it is hard to even hear them.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:33 PM
Ah, it would be fun to play with them a little, to bad.

((as the cow flies by on the tv))

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:35 PM
((Mooo! :D))

There are still certain spells which can work on them.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:37 PM
Really, which ones?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:38 PM
Most force effects will work.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:47 PM
Okay, sounds good, let's go outside?

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 05:48 PM
Maal nods and heads outside.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 05:50 PM
Cassandra follows him

Kyrian
2006-12-31, 05:56 PM
Kyrian wakes up and looks around. Closing his eyes for a moment, he concentrates. Finding what he needs, he vanishes.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-31, 07:26 PM
A figured emerges from the shadows in the back of the tavern. He takes a few steps into the light. He is clad in a crimson robe, which has several black gems sewn into it, a small brown belt is wrapped around his waist, its many pouches bulging. Strapped across his back is a large obsidian staff, bright polished rubies placed about its surface. Two small stones, one orange and on translucent, orbit the red mop that he calls hair.

He takes a seat at the bar and looks about the room, taking note of those present. He signals the bartender over and orders a Cormyrian Fireamber.

Cathrindir
2006-12-31, 07:35 PM
Cathrindir appears with a small flash of white light. He takes a seat at the bar, looking tired. "White Russian, water on the side, Cosmo."

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:41 PM
In a shadowy, watery plane adjacent to the material plane, Maal comes into the tavern.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:43 PM
Cassandra follows Maal inside.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 07:44 PM
Maal looks around, then heads upstairs.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 07:45 PM
Cassandra follows Maal upstairs.

Thriss
2006-12-31, 07:49 PM
Thriss steps into the tavern and sits at a corner table.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-31, 07:59 PM
The robed man looks about after finishing his wine. He takes a step into the shadows and vanishes.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 11:47 PM
The crimson armored man steps inside and casts his piercing, burning blue gaze about the tavern. Eventually he takes a seat in the back.
We are sensing a fiendish presence upstairs.
Noted, Oracle. Any other radicals of note?
None as of the moment.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 11:50 PM
Alena steps inside and looks around before sitting down on a stool. She puts her head down on her arms on the bar and sighs, bringing her wings around to shelter her.

Thriss
2006-12-31, 11:51 PM
Thriss waves to the two of them and decides he does, in fact, have enough money for some food. He promptly orders a plate of bamhacon.

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 11:53 PM
An Angelic?
No, merely winged.
Interesting. Not greatly aligned then?
She does not appear as a radical.
The crimson clad man watches Alena, his eyes burning behind his mask.

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 11:54 PM
Alena ignores everyone in the Tavern as her wings block her from seeing them. Where is it safe to sleep tonight, I want my bed in Cedar Hills, *sigh*

AmberVael
2006-12-31, 11:56 PM
The man stands and moves over to Alena.
Lady, does something trouble you?

wxdruid
2006-12-31, 11:59 PM
She moves one wing back so she can see him as she looks up at him, I'm sorry? I was lost in thought.

Thriss
2007-01-01, 12:00 AM
Thriss gets his food, and happily starts eating.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:01 AM
I asked if something troubled you.
Collective?
Alena. She is a caster of some kind, and a bard.
His blue eyes flicker and shimmer like a fire.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:03 AM
Oh, she looks down at the bar, I just don't know where it's safe to sleep. I don't have a lot of money and I don't know where home is.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:07 AM
Lady, there are rooms here that one may purchase. Here. Cosmo!
The gnome looks confused at being called by name by an utter stranger.
Yeah?
The crimson clad man produces a tightly cinched pouch from nowhere.
This coin is for Alena's lodgings. Should she need more, you will get it when it is needed.
Cosmo walks off, grumbling as normal, going to get a key to an empty room.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:08 AM
Alena looks at him with gratitude, Thank you, is there anyway I can repay you for your generosity?

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:12 AM
I do not believe so, lady Alena.
He watches Cosmo 'looking' for the keys from behind his steel mask.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:14 AM
Alena flicks her other wing back as she looks at him curiously. I don't think I've ever seen someone like you, might I know your name?

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:17 AM
I possess knowledge of many things, Alena.
Cosmo finally comes back over with a key to room 20.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-01, 12:21 AM
((oooooh, mysterious!))

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:22 AM
Alena looks at him in confusion as that wasn't what she asks, but she accepts the key to room 20. If you would please excuse me? I think I'd like to go upstairs now.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:24 AM
One's true name is a reflection of what they know, Alena. Fare thee well.
He gives a small, odd salute.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:27 AM
Goodnight, good sir. Alena stands and walks upstairs holding her wings tightly against her to avoid brushing them against the walls.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:30 AM
The man considers her as she goes up the stairs, then sits back down at a table.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:47 AM
Alexander ducks into the Tavern, he quickly looks back out and then hides behind the bar. Maybe I lost him this time?

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:50 AM
A small red bead rolls in behind Alexander.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:52 AM
Alexander dry washes his hands as he peeks over the bar.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:53 AM
Another red bead joins the first.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:53 AM
The crimson clad man watches the beads rolling in, raising an eyebrow.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:55 AM
Maybe I did lose him? as he continues to look over the counter at the door

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 12:57 AM
A third bead rolls in and hits the first with a slight click sound. Then all three beads explode in massive, concussive blast that tosses tables, NPC patrons, and of course, fire, everywhere.

Thriss
2007-01-01, 12:57 AM
Thriss stands up and walks out, having finished his meal.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 12:59 AM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, as Alexander is thrown over the bar and hits the far wall. He slides down and hits the floor with a sickening thump as his head meets the floor.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 01:01 AM
The crimson man activates a force around himself that simply negates any fire that comes towards him.
Oracle?
Stay low.
The crimson man backs into the shadows.

AmberVael
2007-01-01, 01:03 AM
"AHAHAHA- HAPPY NEW YEAR- HAHAHA!" The blasta laughs maniacally, seemingly unaware of the random greeting in his cackle. He sends a sparkling, firey and electric Lightning Admixed Fireball towards Alexander.

wxdruid
2007-01-01, 01:06 AM
Alexander's eyes widen as the fire and electricity fry him oh so nice and crispily.