PDA

View Full Version : Trog's Tavern CXXXI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 09:19 PM
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/TrogTavern100.gif
Come and enjoy our unique beverages! Enjoy the casual atmosphere in our Casablanca-meets-rustic-Asian facilities. Chat with friends out on the bamboo patio or stroll inside and grab a private, fern-surrounded booth.

Trog's Tavern has been enchanted to be indestructible. Please refrain from attempting to damage it, as it will not work.

Theme Song (http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/televisioncity/cheerssong.html)

NOW HIRING: Bartenders, Cooks, Talented bards, Burly bouncers, etc.
(Hey bards: just take spotlight in the tavern's center and start singing!)

STAFF:
Manager: El Jaspero
Bouncers: Hoseki, Tempest Stormwing, Valthreborn Valthera
Bartender: Trog, El J, Nina, Paige, Cosmo, Alex Shipmaster, Erdan
Cook: Kobold Who
http://home.centurytel.net/jeffsjunk/npc_servers.gif

Trog would like to introduce:

Nina - a feisty and vivacious 18 year old (she's legal). Mean and completely unavailable.

Paige - a sweet and wholesome elf working her way through college at SIU here in town.

Cosmo - a quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel.

All will be happy to serve you. ((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

GET A FREE DRINK ON YOUR FIRST BARBARIAN POST HERE!

THE CURRENT DRINK MENU
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Kobold Chianti - Tart and tangy! Try it with fava beans!
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Purple Worm Pinot - Earthy aroma.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.

Bar Drinks:
Pina CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Swampwater - A Phosphorescent lemon-lime delight
Jasphattan - Sweet vermouth with bitters and more.
White Russian Wukei - Vodka, Kahlua, and Milk.
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice.
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps.
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie.
Coffee Martini - buzzzzz.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down.
Dwarf Spirits Available
Aboleth Absinthe
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you...
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Rum Llamonade Daquiri
Mudslide Daquiri
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures.
Black Market Wallbanger
Hydrogelic's 110 proof Firewater
Guild Vodka No. 3
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.

Beers Ales & Such
Grim Brewery brand Ginger - Death-o-licious!
Archon Ale
Guilders Ale
Balthor's Best
Mind Flayer Mead - Uhh... I wouldn't order this if you are not into brains and such.

Other Fine Beverages
Darknight Coffee - cream has no effect
SLURPEES!
Root
Red Minotaur Energy Drink
Llamonade - that cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Dragon's Fire Breath (cherry Kool-Aid) for the kids!
Fox Cola - the choice of the furry generation.
Hot Chocolate - with little marshmallows and stuff.

To Munch
Hot Spicy Peanuts
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips with hot cheese and meat dip - soooo good.
Fortune Cookies - I got this deal with a local factory see...
Bamhacon!!!
Gyros
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)
Who's Surprise

Desserts
Muffins
Brownies

Also: Fine Cigars Available from our humidor. Coffin Nail cigarettes.
Be sure to check out the excellent banjowood carving above the fireplace!

Jacklu
2006-12-26, 09:25 PM
((Repost))

Yes I supose. He takes a drink. But even if I wanted to do that, how would I go about it?

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 09:28 PM
Earin considers.
"Well, I'm sure any number of priests could detect something like that. You could come to Inari's, we could help you there."
He stands up.
"I'm afraid I need to go. I hope you'll come by sometime."
He vanishes.

Maal focuses on his spellbook.
((I'm leaving for a bit))

Jacklu
2006-12-26, 09:30 PM
I'll think about it. Gregor drinks thoughtfully. ((I gotta go too.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-26, 09:31 PM
Svadris enters, followed by Thud. he looks around, then goes to the bar. An Ichor Liquor. Have you found anything for Thud yet?

Hoseki
2006-12-26, 09:39 PM
Hoseki, noticing her player's wandering attention, barely manages to turn into an iron bar and stow herself before she leaves.

Bearchase
2006-12-26, 09:42 PM
Bearchase and Quentin enter the tavern. Bearchase is busy trying to rip open a gift, but it seems to resist his attempts. Quentin leads the kender over to a table and Bearchase sits down. The polar bear lays down beside the table as Bearchase keeps trying to open the unopenable present.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-26, 09:45 PM
Nina looks at Svadris. Oh, so that's what that stuff is for. She goes into the back room and brings back a foul, chemical-smelling concoction bubbling ominously in a tankard. Thud takes it and begins gulping it down. Nina then delivers the Ichor Liquor to Svadris, who sips it.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 09:46 PM
Maal looks up from his spellbook and eyes the patrons with resignation and irritation.

Bearchase
2006-12-26, 09:47 PM
((Way to make me feel welcome to the Town, Maal...))

The kender giggles as he continues to play with the gift.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 09:49 PM
((Hey, this is my character, not me))
((And you should be happy that Maal is not interested in your character))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-26, 09:56 PM
Aerin's player remembers that she is there. Aerin yawns and stretches, pays for her hot chocolate, and leaves.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 09:58 PM
Maal watches Aerin leave, wondering if he should follow suit.

Bearchase
2006-12-26, 10:03 PM
Bearchase finally puts the gift back in his pouch, and pulls out some paper. He begins to draw as Quentin orders two llamanades.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 10:07 PM
Maal finally sighs and looks back to his spellbook.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-26, 10:11 PM
Svardis and Thud finish their drinks and go upstairs.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-26, 10:11 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega steps into the bar and takes a seat.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 10:12 PM
Maal notes SASO's gaze and meets it and nods before turning back to his spellbook.

McBish
2006-12-26, 10:32 PM
A man appears in the tavern mutters a single word and vanishes again.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 10:34 PM
Maal raises an eyebrow and waits for it to come back.

McBish
2006-12-26, 10:35 PM
It doesn't. At least not anytime soon.

The hound rolls over to let his other side warm up.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 10:36 PM
Maal shrugs and looks back at his spellbook.
[hr]
Grothok runs in and flicks his amulet, which emanates an antimagic effect. He stalks around the tavern, looking for invisible people and Lillah.

Kyrian
2006-12-26, 11:05 PM
Remy steps inside and watches Grothok.

McBish
2006-12-26, 11:17 PM
He sees no invisible people (of mine at least.) or Lillah.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 11:21 PM
Grothok runs outside, hearing Earin's voice urging him the countryside.

Kyrian
2006-12-26, 11:22 PM
Remy receives his orders and runs off as well.

Jacklu
2006-12-26, 11:48 PM
Gregor wakes up with a start. He looks around before heading out.

AmberVael
2006-12-26, 11:49 PM
Maal sighs and goes upstairs.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:03 AM
Seren comes downstairs and orders a hot chocolate. For once Cosmo seems to realize she may not be in the mood for banter and just gets it for her without a word. She takes the cup and moves to a corner, relieved to find the tavern nearly empty.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:07 AM
Maal comes back from downstairs, looking slightly concerned. He slips over to Seren.
Lady, is there something wrong?
The posture he takes, his voice... even his features, to an extent, are oddly reminiscent of Vael. Seren doesn't think anyone else would notice the similarities.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:22 AM
Seren looks up from her drink, startled, and simply looks at the person in front of her, unable to speak for a time.
She shakes her head, "I...no...I'm fine." Her voice definately sounds not fine and it's appears the tears she'd been doing so well at not shedding are gathering in her eyes.

"I'm sorry...I....Have we met?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:25 AM
No, I don't believe so. But you looked like you could use a little company.
He takes a seat next to her in a smooth manner, giving her a comforting smile.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:29 AM
"I suppose some company wouldn't be amiss." She attempts a smile, which only falters slightly. "I'm Seren."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:32 AM
I'm Maal.
His unnaturally blue eyes are somehow comforting despite their alien quality... Seren keeps getting the feeling that this is somehow familiar.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:40 AM
Seren finds herself almost smiling as he looks at her, in spite of her best attempts at extreme sadness.
"Well, I...that is...I..." she sighs and runs a hand through her hair.
"I'm sorry...I..it's a pleasure to meet you Maal."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:42 AM
Its a pleasure to meet you, Seren. I wish that it were under better circumstances for you though. Mind telling me whats wrong?
He puts his hands on the table.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:48 AM
Seren seems reluctant to speak for a moment, as tears threaten her once again. "I...." she sighs. "Someone I was very close to died rather recently. I....you actually remind me of him very much." She closes her eyes in a failed attempt to stop a tear from sliding down her cheek. "I'm sorry..."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:50 AM
Maal reaches out gently and wipes her tear away with a finger. He almost emanates sympathy.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:55 AM
For some reason this gesture makes her cry even more and she lowers her head to her hands. She continues to attempt to apologize for not being completely calm and together in the midst of her tears.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:57 AM
Seren... I...
Maal puts his hand on her back and leans a little closer.
Time will heal this, but whatever I can do to help...

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:02 AM
Seren looks up into his eyes and seems completely at a loss as to what to say, so she merely wipes the tears from her eyes as best she can and takes a sip of her hot chocolate with trembling hands.

(be back in about 20 mins)

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:05 AM
As Seren looks into his eyes again, she suddenly realizes why he looks so much like Vael. While he shares a large number of Vael's features and traits, its not Vael that he is most reminiscent of- its Fenix that he most resembles.
The comparisons suddenly fall into place. His refined, elf-like but somehow unearthly features, the odd but charming style of hair, and most of all, the deep, compassionate eyes.

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:22 AM
Seren continues to stare at him until she realizes how impolite that is, and glances quickly back down at her drink. "Forgive me...I...I...didn't mean to fall apart on you there."
Almost without realizing it, she finds herself looking into his eyes again. "I'm sorry...you just seem...so familiar."

(huh...exactly 20 mins...impressive that...)

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:24 AM
No no, its okay. You don't have to apologize.
Maal smiles again, then looks hesitant.
Who is it that I so remind you of?

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:33 AM
"Fenix. He was...is..." Seren suddenly realizes she has absolutely no idea what happened to Fenix when Vael was killed, whether he died as well or no, "a...celestial, I suppose, who was...inhabiting?... I suppose that's the best word...Vael, the person I mentioned earlier, who died...So really, when I say you remind me of him, you really remind me of both of them, but more Fenix, you have....very similar eyes." she trails off thinking she's started babbling again, but manages to stop herself from apologizing for it.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:35 AM
Fenix? His name was Fenix?
Maal attempts to hide his sudden alarm, but doesn't quite manage it.

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:38 AM
Seren notes his reaction with confusion, "Yes, Fenix....Do you recognize that name?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:42 AM
I... yes. Its my name, actually. Most of the time I just tell people that I'm Maal, but....
Maal waves off his last comment.
Hell. Hell. I didn't come to a new dimension. I came to an alternate dimension.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 01:44 AM
Kyrian slowly walks into the tavern and sits at the bar. With a sad sigh he orders a DLB.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:45 AM
Maal doesn't pay much attention to Kyrian. He's more concerned about his new discovery about this plane.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 01:49 AM
Kyrian downs his drink and heads upstairs.

Seren
2006-12-27, 02:02 AM
Seren looks at Maal .... or Fenix ... in confusion, "Your name? I...Is...you aren't him...are you?" Seren looks confused.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:05 AM
Well, I would guess no, but you can never be sure.
Maal looks a bit distant.

Seren
2006-12-27, 02:13 AM
"Oh...alright then." Seren still looks confused, but seems to realize that perhaps she should change the subject. "I...so...what brings you here anyway?" She seems unusually inept at carrying on a conversation.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:16 AM
I'm wandering, trying to learn more about different types of magic, and help people with what skills I have.
Maal's attention returns to her, and he smiles again.

Seren
2006-12-27, 02:28 AM
"That sounds rather interesting. Where are you from?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:32 AM
Just a small seaside village on a far away plane. My parents were Sea Elves, but I've always guessed there was a bit more to my lineage than that.
Maal stops.
Of course, I assume that it is far away. I actually have very little idea of where I am.

Seren
2006-12-27, 02:36 AM
Seren nods, "I see."
She realizes her hot chocolate has grown cold and attempts to warm it again with a small ball of light. This doesn't quite work like she intended it to, and she finds herself with a ball of scorched cocoa powder at the bottom of the cup. Strange
"Excuse me a moment, won't you?. She takes the glass back up to the bar to get a replacement.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:40 AM
Maal smiles and nods to her, then focuses on his new knowledge.
I wonder what he was like...

Seren
2006-12-27, 02:48 AM
Cosmo grumbles at the state of the cup, "This is going to be a pain to clean you know." Seren sighs and gives him a larger than usual tip for the second glass which appears to placate him for the time being.

She returns to the table with a faint smile, "Oh, I'm sorry, I should have asked if you wanted something from the bar while I was there...err...would you?"
Why is everything I say this evening sounding idiotic?

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:52 AM
Oh no, I'm quite fine.
Maal smiles reassuringly.
Please, your company is enough for me.

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:03 AM
Seren smiles self consciously and sits back down at the table.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:06 AM
So tell me, Seren, what do you do here in Town?

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:13 AM
"Truth be told, I don't really do much." She pauses as if remembering something, "I did apply for a job, but then I died, so I'll assume I don't work there. I suppose I should check on that."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:15 AM
Maal blinks.
Thats a rather odd way to lose a job.

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:20 AM
"Yes, well, it's not something I plan to make a habit of."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:25 AM
I don't think anyone would.
Maal shakes his head and smiles at her.

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:26 AM
"You'd be surprised."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:28 AM
Oh? Should I ask?

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:31 AM
"Well, death seems more like a game to some people around here. Some die almost weekly. It's an....interesting...place, I suppose you might say." Seren looks the closest to amused she has since....well...sometime before she died actually.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:36 AM
Thats unusual. How can people afford to be like that?

Dispozition
2006-12-27, 03:36 AM
*Dis flies in through one of the widows above the bar. He lands somewhat awkwardly in front of the bar and orders a drink after dusting himself off*

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:38 AM
"I wouldn't know. I've died just the once, and I can certainly say that it is not an experience that I would ever like to repeat."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:40 AM
Maal nods in agreement.
Well I certainly don't plan on dying.

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:40 AM
"That's good to hear."

Dispozition
2006-12-27, 03:41 AM
*Upon hearing the work death, Dis looks around at the speaker*

"Ah, dying. Not something I'd wish to repeat, although I do converse with Death on a regular basis..."

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:43 AM
Seren smiles and nods a slight hello over in Dis's direction.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:43 AM
Apparently the levels of sanity in Town are a bit higher than you estimated, Seren. That makes three of us.
Maal gives her an amused smile.

Dispozition
2006-12-27, 03:44 AM
*Dis nods back and goes back to his drink, sighing*

Seren
2006-12-27, 03:54 AM
Seren sips her hot chocolate and looks over toward Dis, "Is something wrong?"

Dispozition
2006-12-27, 03:58 AM
"Not really...Just thinking about something that I know can't happen."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:58 AM
Maal follows her gaze and then suddenly seems to recall something. He stands up instantly.
I'm sorry Seren, but I should have been gone far before now. I hope we meet again.
He gives her a brief, hurried smile as he goes out the door.

Seren
2006-12-27, 04:01 AM
Seren smiles as he leaves, "I hope so too."
She turns back to Dis, "I'd almost say it's a motto around here that anything can happen."

"Actually, I should probably be going as well, the night grows late. But if I were you, I wouldn't assume that there is anything that can't happen."

Seren returns her glass to the bar and gives Cosmo a faint smile, which he grudgingly returns, one might even think that he could be growing to like her, if they didn't know better, and heads upstairs.

Dispozition
2006-12-27, 04:19 AM
"That it is, but it still won't happen...I'd know better than anyone else."

((No, I don't believe they have...))

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 08:30 AM
Kyrian comes downstairs and sits at a a table.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 08:43 AM
Gwen and Bolt walk in, Gwen slides into seat next to Kyrian, putting one hand on his arm.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 08:44 AM
Kyrian looks up at Gwen, and gives a small, sad smile.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 08:45 AM
Gwen smiles, What happened? Bolt pads around and puts his head in Kyrian's lap.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 08:47 AM
Lillah was taken kidnapped last night. Earin and I went after her, and found her tortured...apparently her torturer took my form and teased her last night. She asked me to leave her alone...

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 08:48 AM
Gwen puts one arm around his shoulder, I'm sorry, does she want Jesion or Bolt to stay with her?

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 08:50 AM
Jesion's still there...I never asked.

Kyrian sighs and closes his eyes, trying to hold back tears. Bolt slowly crawls under the table and puts his head in Kyrian's lap.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 08:55 AM
Gwen hugs him, Just give her a little time.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 08:57 AM
Thank you, Gwen.

Kyrian sighs and rests his head on Gwen's shoulder for only a moment, as she hugs him. Bolt nudges Kyrian lightly and Kyrian tries to give the dogla a smile.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 08:58 AM
Anything else happening?

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 08:59 AM
No...I don't want to screw this one up Gwen...

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 09:03 AM
Then take it very slowly, I'm sure Jesion will keep an eye on her.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:04 AM
Kyrian nods and slowly pets Bolt. The dogla smiles and purrs.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 09:08 AM
Gwen sighs, I'll be right back, I'm going to get a hot chocolate, do you want anything?

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:10 AM
A hot chocolate sounds nice.

Kyrian pulls some gold out and sets it in front of Gwen.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 09:14 AM
Gwen picks it up and goes over to the bar, Two hot chocolates, please. Cosmo brings them over, Gwen puts down the money and takes them back to the table.

Chocolate chips in yours?

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:14 AM
Yes, please.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 09:20 AM
Gwen smiles and puts several in his, holding her hand over the cup she stirs them in with a mini-tornado and then repeats the process with her own cup of hot chocolate. She sighs and sips her hot chocolate.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:21 AM
Kyrian sips his, and his smile brightens just a bit.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 09:21 AM
Hot chocolate is a wonderful thing.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:22 AM
Yes it is...thank you Gwen.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 09:25 AM
Your welcome, Gwen tucks her feet up under her skirts and sits back to enjoy the relatively silent early morning hours in the Tavern.

Kyrian
2006-12-27, 09:32 AM
Kyrian sits back and sighs, trying to not worry too much.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-27, 10:47 AM
Randall walks into the Tavern and takes a seat, ordering a pint of the strongest ale they have.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 10:49 AM
Gwen sips her hot chocolate while she silently looks around the tavern.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:11 AM
Karaki enters trogs via the mirror, orders a Bamhacon and a Slurpee, and looks around.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:15 AM
Gwen looks over at Karaki, Hello

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:19 AM
Karaki smiles.

"Hello!"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 11:19 AM
Earin comes in through the mirror. He looks like he has either been using his psionics recently or is preparing to use them again, because he is glowing with his psionic power.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:22 AM
to Karaki, I'm Gwen

Hello Earin

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:24 AM
Karaki smiles.

"I am Karaki, hello Earin, something wrong?"

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:27 AM
Nice to meet you, Karaki. :-)

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 11:28 AM
((Hang on, I'm talking philosophy with my mother))

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:32 AM
Karaki smiles.

"Nice to meet you too Gwen." He takes a sip of his drink. "So, what do you do here?"

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:34 AM
I seem to have acquired a few jobs around here since I arrived here. I'm a druid and I specialize in weather and herbs. I'm a judge at the courthouse and I'm also the current Mayor of the Town.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:35 AM
Karaki smiles as he finishes his Bamhacon.

"That seems like a pretty large portfolio of jobs."

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:36 AM
Sometimes it's more interesting than other times.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:39 AM
Karaki smiles and chuckles softly.

"Interesting can be better than boring."

McBish
2006-12-27, 11:40 AM
The hound wakes up and looks around the tavern. He stands up and starts to sniff around.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:42 AM
Gwen chuckles, Depends on what the interesting is sometimes.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 11:44 AM
Babhdàn hops into the bar, looking like death. (well, more like death than usual, anyway) He is covered in snow and is shivering against the cold. He hops up to the bar and orders 7 shots of Trog's most potent Vodka as well as two pints of beer.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:44 AM
Karaki smiles.

"Better than sitting around wasting time waiting for someone boring."

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:47 AM
You're waiting for someone boring?

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:48 AM
Karaki shakes his head.

"No, well... I don't know him personally, but I'm waiting for someone, and it's the waiting that's boring."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 11:50 AM
Earin snaps back awake.
"Hello Gwen, hello Karaki. Yes there is, well, actually I don't know."
He sits at the bar.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:51 AM
Yes, I can understand, at least Trog's is warm.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 11:56 AM
Karaki smiles and looks at Earin.

"At least it is."

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 11:57 AM
Gwen finishes her hot chocolate and considers whether she wants to go back outside or not.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 11:58 AM
Earin sighs and gets a funky llama.
"I just had a really odd experience yesterday."

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:00 PM
Karaki sips his drink and listens.

"Right. Worse then being caught in a snowdrift?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:03 PM
"I... don't know. I'm not even sure whether it was good or bad..."
Earin looks down at the energy coiling around his arms.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 12:04 PM
Babhdàn looks up.

Iiii.... I can teel ya what's worse ::hic:: than bein' cawt ina snow ::hic:: drift. BEIN' cawt ina snow drift ::hic: On CHRISTMAS!

Babhdàn turns back to the bar and orders another round of drinks.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:07 PM
Karaki looks at the other man, then at Earin's arms.

"Strange."

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 12:07 PM
Looks interesting enough, Earin.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:10 PM
"You should have seen it yesterday..."
Earin trails off and drinks his wine.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 12:15 PM
Babhdàn gets up and stumbles drukenly over to a corner and flops down in it, passed out cold.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 12:17 PM
Gwen sighs, Yesterday?

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:18 PM
Karaki sighs.

"If it was worse then that's slightly good news. It's solving..."

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:18 PM
Seren comes downstairs, and after a glance around at the other patrons, orders a hot chocolate and sits at an empty table.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:21 PM
"Yesterday... I was almost covered in it, it looked like I was two different people."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 12:21 PM
"Gah!"

Regiji suddenly becomes aware of his surroundings after his player's internet connection was lost the day before.

"Stupid non-linear time! Why can't these hub-realms have normal physical properties for once?"

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:23 PM
Karaki blinks.

"Interesting. And now just the arms? and I started yesterday I guess?"

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 12:23 PM
Have you felt any different?

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 12:24 PM
Babhdàn opens his eyes and spots Seren alone at a table with her drink.

He hops over to her, still a bit tipsy. That wore off fast he thinks to himself.

He hops over to Seren Hello there! My name is Babhdàn, I'm with the police! Can I buy you a drink?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:25 PM
"Yes and yes, Karaki."
Earin looks over at Gwen.
"Well, yes and no. I felt different, but it was so similar to how I feel when I am channeling psionics that I didn't really notice it."

McBish
2006-12-27, 12:27 PM
The hound searchs the tavern for the evil tentacles of Q. Not finding any he starts searching for food.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 12:28 PM
Don't know what to tell you Earin, *shrug* It looks interesting enough.

DarkSetzer
2006-12-27, 12:28 PM
Randall sits at the bar in a half-drunk state, ordering pint after pint of ale, in a seemingly never ending stream of alcohol.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:29 PM
Seren nods a courteous hello and gestures at her hot chocolate, "Thank you, but I already have one." She offers her hand, "It's a pleasure to meet you though, my name is Seren."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:29 PM
"I wanted to talk to Elya about it, but apparently she is busy... or something."

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:32 PM
Karaki blinks and thinks.

"It seems to be, then, psionic related. What happens when you use Psionics."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:33 PM
"I don't know if I want to find out."

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 12:35 PM
Babhdàn offers his arm. I am Babhdàn. I also seem to be a bit drunk, which is odd considering I'm not technically human, or any living creature for that matter.

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:37 PM
Seren nods, "I see. Might I ask what you are then?"

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:39 PM
"There is only one way to find out... but not risking may be a good idea... Are there any other Psionicists who may help?"

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 12:40 PM
Gwen finally decides she's leaving, she gently hugs Kyrian sitting next to her before she waves goodbye to everyone. Gwen and Bolt leave the Tavern.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 12:40 PM
Regiji glances up at Gwen as her earlier mention of being Town mayor registers with him. He stands of from his table, the still present tower of peanuts dropping back into the dish as whatever force held them in place suddenly dissipates.

"Excuse me," he attempts at gaining Gwen's attention. His tone is, as usual, friendly and light. "I understand you're the mayor of the Town. Would I talk to you about purchasing a small tract of land or, like, some zoning person or something?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:41 PM
"Thats why I was trying to talk to Elya. She and I have known for some time that there was something a bit... odd... about my psionics."
He waves goodbye to Gwen.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 12:41 PM
I'm not sure of that meself he hiccups. I think I most resemble a scarecrow, but those don't move much, do they Babhdàn laughs out loud.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 12:43 PM
Gwen stops in the doorway and looks back at Regiji. No permits are required, just don't claim a spot that someone else has already claimed. She follows Bolt out the door.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:43 PM
Karaki sighs.

"Right. So that leaves you 2 choices. 1) Find Elya, or 2) Find a way to cope with it."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:44 PM
"Well coping isn't to hard. Its not like its really doing anything. As far as I can tell, that is."

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:44 PM
Seren smiles slightly, "No, not usually."

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 12:48 PM
That's why ::hic:: I'm here, see, they don't trust me because I'm not living. That guy Gemini... and there's Iames...they don't trust me. They think I'm working ::hic:: for some evil mage or something. But I'm not! I was assigned to that case and I'm hunting that mage with a passion! I needn't sleep, so I even do it at night!

Babhdàn pauses... So, why are you here all alone?

Exachix
2006-12-27, 12:51 PM
Karaki closes his eyes breifly.

"Well... If it's just not doing anything at the moment, It could be waiting..."

Seren
2006-12-27, 12:56 PM
"What evil mage are you hunting?"
Seren doesn't acknowledge that he asked her a question.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 12:59 PM
"I thought about that, and it seems to be the case."

Maal comes into the bar, entirely drenched from head to toe. He squelches over to the bar with a sigh and gets a glass of Black Shadow.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 01:01 PM
Babhdàn, too drunk to notice that his question was ignored responds, Some guy by the name of Jonnadiah and his unnamed crimson robed accomplace. They killed a whole bunch of people during some battle on the beach. Something like 350 injuries and 74 deaths, ugly stuff, lots of structural damage too.

Anyway, he's got a fair portion of the town on his case and half of them think I'm in it with him, just because I managed to garner information better than them mercenaries over in the slums did.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:02 PM
Karaki watches Maal come in, then turns back to Earin.

"Then there's still the first option; find Elya."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:04 PM
"Well, I know where she is, and why she is there. Thats why I'm hesitating."

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:05 PM
Karaki nodds.

"Well... If it's a major problem, you may have to find her."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:08 PM
"I have no proof that it is though. I mean it looks serious, but it hasn't really done anything that I know of."

Maal's soaked sleeved leaves a dripping trail across the counter as he gets his drink. Cosmo snidely points out the fireplace, and Maal glares at him and sips his drink, 'forgetting' to give him a tip.

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:08 PM
Seren nods, "I see. Well, best of luck with finding him then."

She notes Maal as he comes in the door. "Excuse me a moment, won't you?"

She slips up to the bar, "What happened to you?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:10 PM
I went for a swim.
Maal smirks at her and drinks his Black Shadow.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:11 PM
Karaki smiles.

"If it gets worse."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:12 PM
Earin nods.
"I definitely will look for her if I feel that it is vital."

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:12 PM
"I see....It's a bit cold for swimming, don't you think?"
She smiles faintly, Are...are you alright then?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:14 PM
Maal laughs a little.
Cold doesn't bother me, and I'm quite alright, if a little damp.

Jonnadiah
2006-12-27, 01:15 PM
Babhdàn sighs, gets up and hops out of the tavern.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:19 PM
Karaki smiles and pats Earin on the shoulder.

"Well.. It'll be solved, or a mere slight hindrance."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 01:21 PM
"Huh," Regiji sits back down after Gwen's response. "I guess that would make sense though. Considering how chaotic this place is a ridged, structured process for building would be pretty out of the norm..."

He begins fiddling with the peanuts again and finally decides to eat one. As expected, it tastes exactly like a salted peanut. Regiji glances up with a bit of interest as the sopping wet form of Maal enters the tavern. That interest is caught even more when Seren joins him.

"Weird... I wonder where she knows fish-boy from..."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:21 PM
Earin nods and speaks slowly.
"I'm not sure its a hindrance, actually."

Seren
2006-12-27, 01:22 PM
"Well, I suppose that's fine then." She glares at Cosmo until he grudgingly tosses a towel toward Maal.
"You should get dried off though."
Seren glances up and notices the time.
"And I should really be off."
She turns and walks out of the tavern.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:22 PM
Karaki raises an eyebrow.

"An Augmentation?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:24 PM
Maal waves goodbye to Seren and takes off his cloak, and then his shirt without hesitation. He puts the towel around himself and sips his drink.

Earin doesn't seem to know what to say. He just shrugs and watches the energy coil around his arms.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:28 PM
Karaki sighs as the water starts to take him.

"I'll be back!"

He falls asleep.

((be back after food))

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 01:29 PM
Regiji pulls his attention away from Maal and turns it to Earin, or, more specifically, the energies snaking over his arms.

"Found a new friend?" Regiji asks somewhat jokingly, nodding toward Earin's forearm.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:30 PM
"I have no idea what is up with this, actually. It looks really similar to my psionic energies, but..."
Earin shakes his head.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 01:35 PM
Regiji stands up, the bowl of peanuts lifting off into the air and following him seemingly under its own power. He makes his way over to where Earin is currently seated.

Regiji looks over the energy, then purses his lips.

"Where did you... er find this? Or, well, when did you first notice it?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:36 PM
"Yesterday, while I was rescuing Lillah. I had an entirely formed blue shadow that covered me... it was rather odd."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 01:42 PM
"A shadow, huh?" Regiji looks at it again, then makes an attempt to poke it with his index finger. "Was it hostile; or just one of those weird random things that happen around here?"

The bowl of peanuts settles on the table.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:44 PM
The energy disperses where Regiji touches it, and Earin almost instinctively withdraws his arm.
"Hostile? I don't think its intelligent, its just some sort of weird energy effect."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 01:52 PM
"Well, I guess so long as it doesn't make you blow up when you use your psionics, or make you go insane or impotent or something then it isn't that much of a threat,"

Regiji eats another peanut.

"Huh, so it just sort of 'jumped' you? That is really odd."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 01:54 PM
"No, I think it has been around a while, but now its finally just taking some kind of form. Elya and I always knew there was something odd about my psionics, but we never knew what it was."

Maal glances over, but as soon as he hears 'psionics' he sighs and looks away.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 01:55 PM
Karaki wakes up beifly.

((I'll be gone for an hour more. sorry!))

Then falls back to sleep.

McBish
2006-12-27, 01:59 PM
The hound sniffs around the patrons feet. He avoids Maal.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:02 PM
Maal sighs as the dog avoids him.
Animals are so hard to understand.

McBish
2006-12-27, 02:10 PM
The hound continues his search for food.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:15 PM
Regiji quirks an eyebrow.

"So you're thinking it might have something to do with the basis of these apparently aberrant psionics of yours?" Regiji shrugs. "Maybe your psionic abilities are based in your sub-conscious rather than conscious mind. I understand that can generate some weird shadowy psionic effects. It might explain what makes your powers, well, out of the ordinary."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:16 PM
"Perhaps."
Earin looks a bit doubtful

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:19 PM
He responds with a laugh, then procures a freshly prepared Salisbury Steak from... somewhere. Regiji sets it on the floor for the prowling hound.

"I really have no idea," Regiji says with a grin. "All I know about psionics is what I've seen and read."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:21 PM
"So you are not especially knowledgeable about them?"
This thought seems to have perked Earin's interest.
((Ah, wonderful. I was unsure of how I was going to get this going))

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:23 PM
"No, not especially," Regiji says with a shrug. "My people have a somewhat... antagonistic effect on psionics and magic and the like. Don't know if you noticed earlier."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:24 PM
"Oh I noticed. Do you want to learn more about psionics?"

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:26 PM
"I'm not quite sure what the purpose beyond academic knowledge would be," Regiji responds with a quizzical look. "I'm literally incapable of using them."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:29 PM
"Oh I never suggested that you learn how to use them. But to know how to identify its effects might be useful, and to know its limits and uses- anyone can benefit from that."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:34 PM
((I can hear the Plot monster stirring >.>))

Regiji ponders the offer for a moment.

"Well, as it currently stands I can tell about how powerful a given psionic power will be while it's being manifested. Has to do with the way I perceive things. And I can usually notice unstable effects, like whether or not something is going to explode if I get too close. But being able to discern exactly what power is going to be manifested?" he nods, then grins. "Yeah, I think that could be useful. Where would we start?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:37 PM
((Don't worry, this was only a very minor idea that has nothing to do with Earin's wierd energy stuff. Its nothing bad at all))
"I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that I could lend you a few books from my Guild's Library."
Earin appears to pondering something.
"Not many people around here really know much about psionics, do they?"
Earin nods to himself.
"We need a more active approach."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:40 PM
"I'm not sure if I'm equipped to answer that question," Regiji says with a chuckle. "I'm fairly new around Town. Though to be honest, I have seen many more arcanists than Psions wandering around."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:42 PM
"Yes. Thats what we need. A demonstration."
Earin smiles to himself.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:45 PM
Regiji blinks.

"Planning to bend spoons with your mind or something?" he asks with a grin. "I hear that realizing that there is no spoon helps."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:48 PM
"Oh har har. No, we'll give a gift to the town. Something that it hasn't ever had before."
Earin's mind races through the possibilities.

Ellear Ias
2006-12-27, 02:48 PM
Ellear storms in, shivering (as she hasn't purchased a cloak yet) and cursing under her breath.
"Another dead end... Six hours of questioning... NOTHING!"
She sits at an empty table, slams her sachel onto the ground, and calls Nina over to order some Feline's Fancy. That done, she starts rummaging through her sachel. She plunges into the bag, almost to her shoulder before finding what she's looking for. She pulls out a wad of parchment, and a piece of charcoal.
Her drink arrives, and the felinae sits there sketching stressfully.

McBish
2006-12-27, 02:50 PM
Lillah steps in through the mirror and finds a seat at a table by the fire.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:51 PM
Maal looks up from his quiet drink and over at Ellear.
Is there something wrong?

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:51 PM
"'Something it hasn't ever had...?'" Regiji thinks about the statement for a moment. "A week without a Villain of the Day popping up? Somewhere people can go without random insanity bursting through the doors to assault them?"

Meanwhile, the delicious Salisbury Steak is still sitting on the floor for the hound.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 02:52 PM
Jesion comes through the mirror and follows Lillah over to the fire, lying down by her feet.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:52 PM
Earin opens his mouth and then pauses.
"That last idea is a pretty good one. And we could manage that. We really could."

McBish
2006-12-27, 02:54 PM
The hound bites his player for not seeing the steak earlier and goes quickly to eat it.

Lillah sits at her table without ordering anything.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 02:56 PM
Maal looks up from his quiet drink and over at Ellear.
Is there something wrong?

((Good thing the Q-Ward only triggers when it's spoken as opposed to posted. Otherwise that would have been the perfect illustration of Regiji's point =P))

"Really?" Regiji asks, sounding honestly interested. "How? Make a demiplane or some such?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 02:58 PM
((Indeed))
Earin nods.
"Thats exactly how we would do it."

Ellear Ias
2006-12-27, 02:58 PM
Ellear glares over at Maal.
"Wrong? No, certainly not! I'm just a little stressed, is all. Nothing but dead ends in this town!" She pauses and takes a deep breath.
"Sorry. Just a bit stressed. Have you by chance seen anyone with ears like mine?" She points up to her feline ears and grins nervously.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 03:00 PM
Jesion curiously watches Ellear before she looks up at Lillah, Did you want anything Lillah?

Exachix
2006-12-27, 03:00 PM
Karaki suddenly wakes back up, and gets a drink off Cosmo, he looks back around.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:03 PM
Maal shakes his head.
Not really. Why, looking for someone?
Maal looks cheerful and willing to help. At the moment he is wrapped in a towel, his hair and clothes still dripping water onto the floor.

McBish
2006-12-27, 03:03 PM
I... no thanks. She puts a hand up her sleve and rubs her arm.

The hound finishes his steak and seems very happy, he looks around trying to find out where it came from.

wxdruid
2006-12-27, 03:05 PM
I'll be right back

Jesion gets up and goes around the bar to find some bamhacon, she drags a nice hunk back over to Lillah and tears into it.

Ellear Ias
2006-12-27, 03:06 PM
Ellear's expression kind of falls, and her ears droop sadly.
"I'm on a quest to find someone related to me. I've been looking for years. Someone said this town had a lot of human animal hybrids like me, so I figured 'Hey, might as well check it out'. But I guess I got my hopes up."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 03:08 PM
"Can't you do that sort of thing with magic too?" Regiji asks, absently scratching the back of his head. Incidentally, his hands still smell like steak. "Would that put a damper on the 'demonstration' at all?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:09 PM
Earin shakes his head.
"You could, but the way we will do it will be far more spectacular. We'll do it in a way that spellcasters couldn't even dream of."

Ellear Ias
2006-12-27, 03:11 PM
Ellear's ears perk up as the fact hits her that people just walked out of the mirror.
"Umm.... Where does that lead?"

McBish
2006-12-27, 03:12 PM
Lillah sighs as she rubs the scars on her wrists.

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:13 PM
Maal smiles at Ellear.
Well hey, I haven't been around here long. You can't take my word that they aren't here.
He looks at the mirror and frowns.
I have no idea.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 03:13 PM
"That's nifty I guess," he pauses for a moment. "What do you mean 'we'? What could I do aside from providing moral support?"

Hey Regiji, a cat-girl just showed up!

Regiji glances back at Ellear, then returns his attention to Earin.

"What of her?" he asks, apparently addressing no one.

Just warning you. Better not go into an explanation of how your abilities work around her. She might get struck dead by the Creator.

Regiji sighs and rolls his eyes.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 03:14 PM
Karaki looks up at Earin.

"Uh oh?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:16 PM
"We? Oh, my guild. I was talking about them."

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 03:18 PM
Regiji laughs.

"Ah, that makes quite a bit more sense then."

The scent of steak is still lingering around Regiji.

Ellear Ias
2006-12-27, 03:19 PM
Ellear walks up to the mirror and sniffs at it a bit.
"Nifty..."

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:19 PM
"Yes it does..."
Earin is quite distracted.
"I'm sorry, I think I need to go and plan this out."
He waves an absent goodbye to Regiji and teleports away.
[hr]
Maal watches Ellear curiously.
Its a teleportation device of some kind, I can tell that much.

McBish
2006-12-27, 03:21 PM
The hound goes over and sniffs Regiji and looks up at him. ((by the way the hound is over 3 feet tall at the shoulders.))

Exachix
2006-12-27, 03:22 PM
Karaki watches as Earin disappears, before looking around.

Rebonack
2006-12-27, 03:24 PM
"No books for me I guess," Regiji shrugs as Earin teleports away. He then notes the presence of the very large dog. "Oh, well hello there. I take it you enjoyed the steak then?"

He rubs the hound's head.

"I don't suppose you're another talking animal are you?"

McBish
2006-12-27, 03:26 PM
The hound turns his head to sniff Regiji's hand wondering if there is more steak in it.

Lillah stops rubbing her wrists and pulls her sleves down covering her scars.

Ellear Ias
2006-12-27, 03:26 PM
Ellear, turns away from examining the mirror.
"So... There are talking animals here? As in humanoid like me or as in quadreped?"

AmberVael
2006-12-27, 03:28 PM
I don't really know. Like I said, I'm new here.
Maal smiles and shrugs.

Exachix
2006-12-27, 03:29 PM
Karaki looks up.

"There's a temple of Kitsune and their kin. They number about... 100 maybe... No that has to be wrong.."