PDA

View Full Version : is there a feat that turns touch spells into ranged ones?

dehro
2013-09-21, 08:23 AM
specifically, healing spells.. I'm playing a cleric and would love to be able to heal from a distance.

Lafaellar
2013-09-21, 08:25 AM
The Hierophant PRC can do this.

Yuki Akuma
2013-09-21, 08:26 AM
Yes. It's called Reach Spell. It's in Complete Divine, page 84.

HalfQuart
Reach Spell, a Metamagic Feat from Complete Divine, will turn a touch spell into a ranged touch within 30' for +2 spell level slots.

Mauve Shirt
The metamagic feat "Reach" does this. Of course then you have the metamagic problem of sacrificing a spell slot.

I see there are ninjas out in force this morning.

HalfQuart
2013-09-21, 08:35 AM
There's also Divine Ward from PHB2 which lets you in advance create a conduit between you and another creature, then you can burn a turn/rebuke attempt to cast a touch spell at close range. You can create more than one conduit, but must spend additional turn/rebuke attempts to do it.

That seams pretty good, assuming you've got a relatively small party and a decent number of turn/rebuke attempts. It doesn't give the flexibility of Reach Spell to also use it for offensive purposes, but if you really just want to be able to heal at range it would work well enough.

Ansem
2013-09-21, 08:45 AM
Hierophant is already mentioned (or was it another PrC?) a divine Prestige class that makes all your touch spells ranged up to 30' feet, you could enhance this with other class abilities or with a feat to make it longer, could even do up to 60' feat.
Although why not just get magic hand?

Jeff the Green
2013-09-21, 08:46 AM
There's also the ethically-sourced unicorn horn (CC). 190 GP a pop, and used as an additional material component it turns any touch Conjuration (healing) spell into a 30' ray.

Edit:
Oh, also, there's spectral hand. Normally it's not available to someone with healing spells, but a cleric can get it with the Divine Magician ACF. Lose a domain but add a Sorcerer/Wizard spell from Abjuration, Divination, or Necromancy.

Chronos
2013-09-21, 08:53 AM
If you're high enough level, you can also just use the Mass versions of the cure spells, which are inherently ranged.

Maginomicon
2013-09-21, 09:28 AM
The Close Wounds spell allows you to "preventatively" heal from a distance.

The Channeled Divine Health spell lets you spend more time casting the spell to get the effect of a CLW but with progressively increased range and effectiveness.

ericgrau
2013-09-21, 10:18 AM
The Close Wounds spell allows you to "preventatively" heal from a distance.
Which seems like a small number of hp until you remember it's an immediate action and lets you do other things as you spam several copies.

I've abused it with imbue with spell ability (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/imbueWithSpellAbility.htm) for x4 close wounds in a round to the point of hilarity.
"So-and so is dying! Who can go save him?"
PC1: I'm kinda stuck over here with this monster.
Me: close wounds
PC1: Oh ya, I have that, close wounds
PC2: Oh ok I'll pop mine too
PC3: And I'll close wounds myself as well. Nevermind I'm fine.

Has the added advantage that it works at -11 hp and below, since it reacts to the damage before the ally actually hits -11. For the first level imbued spells you might try divine favor to give noncasters something nice to do in the buff round, and gravestrike on a rogue.

dehro
2013-09-22, 09:29 AM
thanks for the prompt replies

nedz
2013-09-22, 10:45 AM
You could also build an Eldritch Disciple, but that would cost you at least two caster levels.

A.A.King
2013-09-22, 10:55 AM
Ocular Spell is a feat that lets you prepare 1 spell in each of your eyes changing them to Rays with a distance of 60 feet. Doesn't increase the effective level of the spell either

StreamOfTheSky
2013-09-22, 11:12 AM
Which seems like a small number of hp until you remember it's an immediate action and lets you do other things as you spam several copies.

Not to mention you can potentially buff it up. There's a spell from C.Divine (Soul of Light?) that lasts an hour and adds +2 per spell level to a healing spell. Augmented Healing feat in C.Divine does the same. Radiant Servant of Pelor will let you freely empower healing spells.

So now that 1d4+5 is (1d4+13)*1.5, as an immediate action. Respectable. Add in Healing Lorecall spell (lasts 10 min/level) and it can also remove the Dazed condition and many others.