PDA

View Full Version : [Light RWBY] OOC Thread

Lord Raziere
2013-09-21, 02:40 PM
This is going to be the thread for "light" RWBY. Its not really that. Its more like staying true to what RWBY is, rather than adding needless darkness to what it is. You can have plots without such needless excesses, and it seems to have enough problems without such grimdarkness: dust-lusting mafia, criminals, Grim who require everyone to defend the world from, Faunus Civil rights, I think there is enough problems here to be interesting. Especially once you add in conflict between characters.

Registry:

IC Thread:
link coming soon

Hawkflight
2013-09-21, 03:08 PM
Well, I'm in. Even if the original gets back to where I'm comfortable with it, nothing says I can't be in both.

Rakaydos
2013-09-21, 09:17 PM
If this game ends up going slower, I might be able to participate. I considered Oliver to be one of the darker aspecs of the RWBY universe- a Fauna who's born the full brunt of the racisim of his kind, and isnt even cute- as a Rat Fauna, his "disfigurement" is easier to casually conceal but harder to keep from those close to you.

I also have some thoughts for a Grimm Leader modeled on the "Monster in the Dark" with abilities based on being undetectable within his darkness- you can swing/shoot, but you wont hit- and inflicting cold damage if the darkness envelops you.

5a Violista
2013-09-21, 11:33 PM
I don't see the need in having a separate OoC thread; I think only a separate IC thread will suffice.

However, if this IC thread moves more slowly and is not focused on the random adventures of High School characters, then I'll definitely be on this one nearly all the time.

Instead of being focused around a school, I think we should just make this IC thread focused around a specific generic City and its surrounding wilderness. So, no "First day of school" thing or classes or anything. Thus, based more on just the setting of RWBY rather than the exact School-style. I also think we should separate slightly from Canon, so when RWBY reveals that the White Fang has a specific world-destruction overarching plot (for example), it won't mess up any of our characters.

So, just to remind myself and give others ideas for plots, here's my 3 characters so far:
1. A dangerous Grimm who has defeated several Hunters before and leads other Grimms
2. A girl trained as a Huntress who has turned against the general creeds of Hunters
3. A man who was previously rich and has turned to crime to plot his revenge

Thinking about it, in a Non-School setting, character #2 can be more of a hero than a villain.

I, however, reserve the right to have my characters move around between both IC threads whenever I feel like it.

Rakaydos, we should have our Grimm Leaders team up for some Overarching Plot. (A slower posting rate helps everybody plan out Overarching Plots better.)

Speaking of overarching plots, we should get several of them started. As in, specifics. Any ideas?

(My basic ideas:
will be posted next Monday.)

GrandDM
2013-09-22, 01:41 AM
If we're going with Mahroni's non-school-setting idea, I'm definitely in.

I'd enjoy an opportunity to throw some heavy-duty powers at some big Grimm.

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 07:45 PM
It's a school...and now my characters have no place to show up. I even came up with the coolest thread title ever: [RWBY] Light: World of Darkness...

Oh, well. I can always import my characters to Nexus.

Edit @ \/: If by "Serious Tone" you mean "The exact same things that are found in RWBY: i.e. Grimms, Hunters/Huntresses, and action-packed battle scenes with implausible weapons and neither physical nor emotional torture", then that's what I mean.

thebladeofchaos
2013-09-23, 07:59 PM
I'm up for it. if its a more serious tone, Some of my regulars would be perfect for here.