PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Level 1 Orc

Mr.MeowMeowmers
2013-09-21, 04:24 PM
Hey hey hey everybody!
So my mate decided to run a new campaign.
It'll be playing in Cheliax, Westcrown.
So far i know about:
a melee ranger
a bard archer
and a melee summoner
in our party.

We're using the core rule book and the advanced players guide.
Well, i've decided to play an orc. Not an half-orc,but an full-orc!

We start at level 1 and we will roll the stats.
Still, i need some ideas.
I'd prefer playing a melee character, since I normally play spellcasters, so I'd welcome something new.

Anyone got some good ideas?

I also saw the "scarred witch doctor" class for the orc.
What do you think about that?

So if anyone has some cool ideas for a class or maybe just some roleplay flavour, go ahead. =)

Psyren
2013-09-21, 04:26 PM
I also saw the "scarred witch doctor" class for the orc.
What do you think about that?

This is a great idea - it sounds like your team could use a primary arcanist (controller) and a healer, and witches are good at both. The reliance on Con for casting will make you both powerful and tough. Ferocity will also let you keep casting spells even when you've taken heavy hits, letting you pull off last-minute saves as needed. And since you don't die in PF until negative Con, you'll be almost impossible to take out of a fight.

Grab or make a wand of cure light wounds as soon as you can and patch up the party between fights.

Bhaakon
2013-09-21, 04:34 PM
It's a fine character concept, but I'm afraid that you're going to be in for trouble if your DM told you to stick to the core rule book and advance players guide. Neither orcs as a playable race nor the scarred witch doctor appear in those sources, so there's a good chance that you're in for a fight if you show up with that character under those limitations.

Mr.MeowMeowmers
2013-09-21, 05:50 PM
Oh!

Guess i messed something up then.
Advanced race guide is also allowed.
Thought thats in the adv. players guide.
Orc and the class are both legit, already talked to him.

Sorry about that!