PDA

View Full Version : Nifty items

G.Cube
2013-09-21, 08:11 PM
I'm looking for some neat and helpful items for a game starting soon. I have roughly 2,000 gold, and our group is low to mid op. I was thinking a Hand of the Mage for starters, any suggestions for some fun budget items?

eggynack
2013-09-21, 08:13 PM
Shax's Indispensable Haversack (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) is basically nothing but nifty items on a budget.

John Longarrow
2013-09-21, 08:16 PM
For 750 you get a belt of healing.
For 1400 you get Anklets of Translocation.

Either would be very good. Both would serve better than a hand of the Mage.

For better answers, what level and type of character are you looking to play?

Karnith
2013-09-21, 08:20 PM
Bunko's Bargain Basement (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=350.0) contains a list of items, both magic and non-, on the cheap, though 2,000 gold is a pretty tight budget if you're in the market for magic items.

G.Cube
2013-09-21, 08:38 PM
For 750 you get a belt of healing.
For 1400 you get Anklets of Translocation.

Either would be very good. Both would serve better than a hand of the Mage.

For better answers, what level and type of character are you looking to play?

We're starting at level three and going until whenever! I'm playing a NE Duskblade, he's not to screw the other party members, but he's a crafty sort, hard to pin down. Why not a Hand of the Mage? Seems like theres a lot of potential usefulness and RP fun to be.had with an at will mage hand.

John Longarrow
2013-09-22, 05:33 AM
Because having 6D8 per day of healing you can use on yourself or being able to teleport 10' twice per day can keep you alive more often than mage hand.

Vizzerdrix
2013-09-22, 05:53 AM
1200 gets you a traveler's cloak. Food, water, a tent and (most importantly) tea every day for ever. Plus a few other comfort abilities as well.

That leaves you with enough to get a healing belt and money to craft a bottle of shapesand to boot.

Eldan
2013-09-22, 06:23 AM
I have yet to encounter a problem that can't be solved by creative application of a feather token: tree. Buy a handful, they are dirt cheap.

Maginomicon
2013-09-22, 06:36 AM
If it's possible to get a custom item of daily-use Call Item (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20040827e), get that. It has nearly infinite versatility since its based on the market price of the item instead of the function of the item.

Nettlekid
2013-09-22, 08:49 AM
Spend barely any of it on regular mundane items like a hammer, and instead buy a jug or two of Shapesand (100 gp per jug) which you can use to form any mundane item by Wis-checking it into existence. Very handy.

G.Cube
2013-09-22, 09:01 PM
1200 gets you a traveler's cloak. Food, water, a tent and (most importantly) tea every day for ever. Plus a few other comfort abilities as well.

That leaves you with enough to get a healing belt and money to craft a bottle of shapesand to boot.

Traveler's Cloak bought and appreciated, exactly what I was looking for!

I have yet to encounter a problem that can't be solved by creative application of a feather token: tree. Buy a handful, they are dirt cheap.

While brainstorming the possibilities leads me to believe that these are completely awesome, care to share some stories?