PDA

View Full Version : Mulhorandi Divine Minion what sort of builds?

CyberThread
2013-09-21, 10:40 PM
If you were focusing of using Mulhorandi Divine Minion in a player build, and not fiddle with drud, where would you let it take you?

Snowbluff
2013-09-21, 11:19 PM
If allowed, Master of Many forms. Preferably the first level would be Battledancer or something similiar for AC.

bekeleven
2013-09-21, 11:29 PM
If allowed, Master of Many forms. Preferably the first level would be Battledancer or something similiar for AC.

Just like quasilycanthrope, it's an excellent racial entry into warshaper.

Snowbluff
2013-09-21, 11:44 PM
Cute avvie.

My personal fave would be MoMF into Chameleon. Spend all of your time figuring out how to imitate people. :smallwink:

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 12:02 AM
Hey...what about my old avi...the orc wearing a tutu....

Should I look up wildshape ranger builds for suggestions on master of many forms?

Snowbluff
2013-09-22, 12:19 AM
Should I look up wildshape ranger builds for suggestions on master of many forms?

I would not, since a druid handbook would be more complete. The concept is Pretty straight forward. Ranger 5 gives you wildshape, MoMF 7 gives you more forms and (Ex), and Warshaper gives bonuses. If you're feeling adventurous, chameleon 2 gives a floating feat for Assume (Su).

Jeff the Green
2013-09-22, 12:30 AM
That'll probably get you some decent advice, though in the early levels at least you'll lose out on a lot of the forms they recommend because you won't be able to turn into any animals besides the ones associated with your god (so... either lion [Anhur] or crocodile, constrictor snake, and hawk [Nephthys]). Of course, you're getting everything four levels early, so it's not exactly a huge problem.

Consider picking up [Wild] feats, Aberration Wildshape and Frozen Wildshape. Also see about Primeval Wildshape, as it gives you +2 Strength, +2 NA, and resistance to cold 10 at the cost of reducing the duration from hours to rounds. Which you don't care about. Also, avoid dumping Wisdom so that you can get Dragon Wildshape (updated in Draconomicon) at 12th level.

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 12:39 AM
well as my ability has no duration, would that mean it does not qualify for primevil wildshape?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-22, 12:55 AM
If you use flaws, you can start taking Master of Many Forms at 1st level. I'd go Master of Many Forms 7/ Warshaper 3, then finish with whatever you want - Chameleon, Unarmed Swordsage, Ur-Priest even.

Vizzerdrix
2013-09-22, 01:13 AM
I gotta find some way to get this template onto a warforged at level 1. Any ideas?

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 01:42 AM
Nope wrong setting, sorry buddy.

Vizzerdrix
2013-09-22, 01:48 AM
No, I need it for something I'm working on. :smallbiggrin:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_LFWZHUkkGFw/S9lz7xVOpFI/AAAAAAAAEpU/wm3yCL3A_Pw/futuristic_animals_640_18.jpg

Just saying.

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 02:09 AM
oh please, I can one up that

https://www.madman.co.nz/wallpapers/beast_wars_165_1280.jpg

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-22, 02:50 AM
Warforged are printed in the setting-neutral MM3, but you would have to make your creature type Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, or Outsider. One level in the half-fiend template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20031010a) accomplishes that, and you never have to take the rest of it (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a).

Vizzerdrix
2013-09-22, 05:49 AM
Warforged are printed in the setting-neutral MM3, but you would have to make your creature type Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, or Outsider. One level in the half-fiend template class (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20031010a) accomplishes that, and you never have to take the rest of it (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20030824a).

That is perfect for what I have in mind! Now to find an optimized build to enter Lantanese Artificer :smallwink:

Darrin
2013-09-22, 08:22 AM
Nope wrong setting, sorry buddy.

Warforged were printed in MM3, and can thus be used or adapted in Forgotten Realms.

And besides, saying something can't be found in Forgotten Realms is like trying to say something hasn't been spoofed in the Simpsons.

Snowbluff
2013-09-22, 08:38 AM
Neraph (LA 0) and planetouched qualify for the template.

well as my ability has no duration, would that mean it does not qualify for primevil wildshape?

I have no idea. I guess you can keep the infinite duration. :smallconfused:

Piggy Knowles
2013-09-22, 10:01 AM
It's not as good as taking MoMF, but I've always wanted to build a divine minion that goes into Master of Flies. Being able to turn into a swarm on command just seems like too much fun.

Snowbluff
2013-09-22, 11:02 AM
It's not as good as taking MoMF, but I've always wanted to build a divine minion that goes into Master of Flies. Being able to turn into a swarm on command just seems like too much fun.

:smallsmile: That sounds like a ton of fun. Where is a were murder of crows when you need one?

Werephilosopher
2013-09-22, 12:31 PM
If you use flaws, you can start taking Master of Many Forms at 1st level. I'd go Master of Many Forms 7/ Warshaper 3, then finish with whatever you want - Chameleon, Unarmed Swordsage, Ur-Priest even.

Isn't there a rule that says you can't take a level in a prestige class at level one? Hopefully there isn't and I'm just pulling that out of nowhere, because that sounds awesome- it just seems wrong to me for some reason.

Also, does anyone think it would be worth taking three levels of ranger to get Endurance to qualify for MoMF? I'm thinking taking Fangshields sub levels might make it viable.

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 01:00 PM
that would be a silly rule, so no.

Snowbluff
2013-09-22, 01:23 PM
A class with a stat to AC is usually best, depending on the build.

I don't think Fangshield qualifies for MoMF without Divine Minion. :smalltongue:

that would be a silly rule, so no.

Class is chosen before feats during Character Creation.

Werephilosopher
2013-09-22, 01:53 PM
A class with a stat to AC is usually best, depending on the build.

I don't think Fangshield qualifies for MoMF without Divine Minion. :smalltongue:

I know, I just wondered if the other benefits of 3 levels of Ranger were worth taking... well... 3 levels of Ranger before entering MoMF, as opposed to spending a bonus feat on Alertness.

I'm thinking 2 levels of Monk would be decent... if you want Dragon Wild Shape you need to keep Wisdom high anyway, and the Undying Way style from UA has Endurance as the second level bonus feat. Of course, it also has Toughness as the first level feat... :smallyuk: At least it comes with +3 to all saves, that's certainly a plus.

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 01:58 PM
If you were human, could you select a PRC at first level, if only needed one feat?

Snowbluff
2013-09-22, 02:07 PM
Your bonus feat is chosen with your other one.

You might be able to replace a RHD with a class level, but I am unsure how that works.

I know, I just wondered if the other benefits of 3 levels of Ranger were worth taking... well... 3 levels of Ranger before entering MoMF, as opposed to spending a bonus feat on Alertness.
I think if I were to take 3 levels of ranger, I would take 1 more for an Urban Companion or Distracting Attack.

I'm thinking 2 levels of Monk would be decent... if you want Dragon Wild Shape you need to keep Wisdom high anyway, and the Undying Way style from UA has Endurance as the second level bonus feat. Of course, it also has Toughness as the first level feat... :smallyuk: At least it comes with +3 to all saves, that's certainly a plus.
Swordsage 2 would work for AC. That way you could wear light armor.

CyberThread
2013-09-22, 02:12 PM
Just stay in theme and go fist of the forest

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-22, 02:18 PM
Isn't there a rule that says you can't take a level in a prestige class at level one? Hopefully there isn't and I'm just pulling that out of nowhere, because that sounds awesome- it just seems wrong to me for some reason.

Also, does anyone think it would be worth taking three levels of ranger to get Endurance to qualify for MoMF? I'm thinking taking Fangshields sub levels might make it viable.

These prestige classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm) can be taken at 1st level, and the absence of any such rule indicates that any other prestige class you can qualify for at 1st can be taken at 1st.

If you're going to take Master of Many Forms, you want to get its 7th level as quickly as possible. Delaying it by three levels is only going to slow you down, especially considering your best forms won't even benefit from Multiattack. With Divine Minion, at MoMF 2 you can use Cave Troll, at MoMF 3 you can get War Troll, and with Frozen Wild Shape and MoMF 6 you can use 12-headed Cryohydra, which is downright brutal with Robilar's Gambit. When you get MoMF 7 you gain all of the War Troll's special qualities (SR, Regeneration, DR/Admantine are all Ex), and you would also gain the Cryohydra's Fast Healing 22. I'd say you wouldn't want to delay any of those to save yourself a feat.

Class is chosen before feats during Character Creation.

Your 1st level and Human bonus feat yes, but characters are born with flaws so they can show up prior to any class levels.

bekeleven
2013-09-22, 05:41 PM
These prestige classes (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/racialParagonClasses.htm) can be taken at 1st level

Not that I necessarily disagree with your main argument, but those aren't prestige classes.

Snowbluff
2013-09-22, 05:45 PM
Your 1st level and Human bonus feat yes, but characters are born with flaws so they can show up prior to any class levels.

I think the associated feats are added at the part of character creation.

Which is why I pointed out RHD, since the RHD could be replaced by class. I am not totally clear on how that works, nor has it mattered that I knew until now. :smalltongue: