PDA

View Full Version : Easy Made Vampires?

firruna
2013-09-22, 02:38 AM
First, this is my first time posting, first day on the site. Not sure if I'm posting this in the wrong place to post it. Sorry if it is, let me know and I'll take it down to post it in the right place.

I'm running some friends through a campaign, and want them to fight some vampires next weekend. How ever I do not seem to be able to find pre-made vampires any place. Only the list of how to write them up. My questions is:
Anyone know where I can find pre-made vamps? I don't have the time to write them up, lost of other, more story based things to do. If anyone can help that would be great. If not, that sucks for me, but I'll have to make do.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2013-09-22, 02:52 AM
Libris Mortis has quite a few sample vampires starting on page 162. If you need something more specific, you could just ask and there would be someone happy to do it for you.

Tokiko Mima
2013-09-22, 02:54 AM
First, this is my first time posting, first day on the site. Not sure if I'm posting this in the wrong place to post it. Sorry if it is, let me know and I'll take it down to post it in the right place.

I'm running some friends through a campaign, and want them to fight some vampires next weekend. How ever I do not seem to be able to find pre-made vampires any place. Only the list of how to write them up. My questions is:
Anyone know where I can find pre-made vamps? I don't have the time to write them up, lost of other, more story based things to do. If anyone can help that would be great. If not, that sucks for me, but I'll have to make do.

Vampires are a template, and you generally apply its bonuses to any humaniod or monsterous humanoid you want. If you have little time, but still want a powerful vampire, here's an article with a Vampire Lord sample you can crib (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a).

My suggestion is to use a lot of readied actions to turn to gaseous form when the heroes try to take your vampire out hard and fast. Don't let them fight your vampire until the vampire can see an advantage. Remember that vampires should take a longer view; as long as they keep existing they get more powerful, while the heroes get older and weaker and then dead-er. As long as mortals don't have the means to locate and destroy all their places of rest, you can toy with them. A vampire should never allow mortals to obtain information that might lead to it's destruction.

firruna
2013-09-23, 12:43 PM
Libris Mortis has quite a few sample vampires starting on page 162. If you need something more specific, you could just ask and there would be someone happy to do it for you.

Thanks. I'll look at getting a copy of that one, or asking someone when i have more time to explain what I'm looking for.

firruna
2013-09-23, 12:44 PM
Vampires are a template, and you generally apply its bonuses to any humaniod or monsterous humanoid you want. If you have little time, but still want a powerful vampire, here's an article with a Vampire Lord sample you can crib (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a).

Thanks, that saves me some time, and the vampire lord write up instructions are something I had mist in the past. I'll remember that.