PDA

View Full Version : True Sorcery in d20 Modern

Milo v3
2013-09-22, 06:21 AM
If your familiar with the alternate magic system introduced in True Sorcery by Green Ronin, you'd know that casting a spell in the system deals 1d8 non-lethal damage. This is fine, until you attempt to use the d20 modern rules for the True Sorcery system.

Because of the altered rules of non-lethal damage in d20 modern, wouldn't the non-lethal damage be completely irrelevent a fair amount of the time?

thorr-kan
2013-09-24, 11:49 AM
You're right, it would be irrelevant, except...Casting Buffer sidebar, top of p19 of the PDF: "If you use the spellcaster in this sourcebook as a replacement for the sorcerer or for the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game, it’s recommended that you use this variant."

Or, you could implement 3.x's nonlethal damage rules. This has the added benefit of making the Brawl feat tree relevant, since that deals nonlethal damage as well.

Milo v3
2013-09-24, 06:40 PM
You're right, it would be irrelevant, except...Casting Buffer sidebar, top of p19 of the PDF: "If you use the spellcaster in this sourcebook as a replacement for the sorcerer or for the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game, it’s recommended that you use this variant."

Or, you could implement 3.x's nonlethal damage rules. This has the added benefit of making the Brawl feat tree relevant, since that deals nonlethal damage as well.

Mine doesn't mention anything about d20 modern in that sidebar, but I guess it could be used to fix the issue.

thorr-kan
2013-09-25, 08:56 AM
Weird. It's the last line in the sidebar in both my .pdf and hard copy.