PDA

View Full Version : Avenger Implement for a THW Fighter?

Nightgaun7
2013-09-22, 02:07 PM
Pretty much what it says on the tin, trying to pick out an implement for this guy (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=636351). Any ideas?

tcrudisi
2013-09-22, 03:13 PM
Symbol of Victory is my go-to holy symbol when I'm not actually planning on using it as an implement.

ghost_warlock
2013-09-22, 11:56 PM
Crusader's Weapon functions as both a weapon and a holy symbol, automatically converts all your damage to 1/2-radiant, has a standard-action daily to get another use of Channel Divinity, and works fine with a mordenkrad.

Nightgaun7
2013-09-23, 02:21 AM
Crusader's Weapon functions as both a weapon and a holy symbol, automatically converts all your damage to 1/2-radiant, has a standard-action daily to get another use of Channel Divinity, and works fine with a mordenkrad.

Does it let me use Channel Divinity if I don't already have it? Because right now I don't.

ghost_warlock
2013-09-23, 05:32 AM
No, it gives you an additional use of a channel divinity power you already have. If you don't already have Channel Divinity, the power won't do anything for you. It will still covert half of your damage to radiant and function as both a holy symbol and a weapon, though.

Nightgaun7
2013-09-23, 12:27 PM
No, it gives you an additional use of a channel divinity power you already have. If you don't already have Channel Divinity, the power won't do anything for you. It will still covert half of your damage to radiant and function as both a holy symbol and a weapon, though.

So really it's only good if I'm trying to get in on radiant damage without spending an enhancement on it, right?

tcrudisi
2013-09-23, 12:51 PM
So really it's only good if I'm trying to get in on radiant damage without spending an enhancement on it, right?

No, it is a weapon enhancement, so it would use that up.

I briefly looked at your character yesterday and I didn't notice any implement attacks. What is the purpose of the implement?

Nightgaun7
2013-09-23, 01:02 PM
No, it is a weapon enhancement, so it would use that up.

I briefly looked at your character yesterday and I didn't notice any implement attacks. What is the purpose of the implement?

Well for something like Symbol of Victory, it's one I can use without having to actually hold it. It's a proficiency I have, no reason not to use it if I can.

tcrudisi
2013-09-23, 01:45 PM
Well for something like Symbol of Victory, it's one I can use without having to actually hold it. It's a proficiency I have, no reason not to use it if I can.

Right - that's why I suggested it. There aren't many holy symbols that are useful when you aren't using it as an implement to attack with. If you are going to use the implement to make attacks, that changes the advice.