PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Panda vs. Eddie Riggs

Xondoure
2013-09-22, 04:51 PM
Okay yes, this is a silly idea. It's the same comedian against himself. However let's pause to treat it semi-seriously for a moment.

In one corner we have the Legendary Dragon Warrior: Po. His Kung Fu is based in the power of self worth and blubber. Which turns out to be surprisingly effective. He's faster than he appears, and adept at turning his opponents strength against them. He seems to be able to take massive amounts of damage even before becoming a Kung Fu master. Additionally, when faced with new challenges he is able to adapt and refocus: adjusting his fighting style to fit his opponent. Appearance wise, well, he's a panda. This means he is prone to being underestimated. His finishing move is the Wushi Finger Hold. Oh, so you know this hold? Great I won't have to explain it.

In the other corner we have Eddie Riggs: Roadie. He's the halfbreed of the demon queen and the paragon of humanity. He draws his power from the holy and unholy might of Heavy Metal. His solos are capable of literally melting the faces off the weak, and those who are not prepared to rock. He possesses the axe of his mother; a powerful demonic weapon in its own right. Both guitar and axe have been blessed by a true Metal God: The Prince of Darkness himself, Ozzie Osbourne. His battle strategy usually includes bashing everything with his axe, and occasionally stunning an enemy from a distance. His solos, while powerful, take a long time perform and can be easily interrupted. He is also much more prone to fatality.

-Basic rules of the vs. thread are that neither side gets support from their respective universe: no army of headbangers, and no Furious Five. However, if you would like to give your opinion on the match up including allies; you are free to do that as an addition. As an add on to that, even in team mode Eddi can't fly, there are no fans around.
-It can be assumed Eddie's axe follows video game logic. Yes technically he should be cutting his enemies to shreds, but we don't see much of that beyond finishing moves.
-If I've forgotten anything important I may add it here later.

I've been wanting to do this vs. for a long time. So much so that I can't even remember if I actually did it. Since I can't remember, I'm assuming I haven't, as this will surely be Legen-wait for it because the next part is pretty Brutal-dary.

I regret nothing.

t209
2013-09-22, 05:13 PM
My money on Eddie Riggs, M rates character have no restrictions on methods on beating his opponents.
How about characters from Kung Fu Hustle?

darkblade
2013-09-23, 04:53 PM
As much as I love the Kung Fu Panda movies I have to give this to Eddie. He has a much bigger array of tricks up his sleeve with his guitar magic and heavily armed car.

Xondoure
2013-09-24, 03:02 AM
I thought this might be seen as one sided, though I wasn't sure which side. Generally speaking, Eddie needs an army to beat an army. Po on the other hand could probably take one out on his own. True, that's an aspect of genre convention. But I would say the panda is not to be underestimated.

Mx.Silver
2013-09-24, 03:17 AM
I thought this might be seen as one sided, though I wasn't sure which side. Generally speaking, Eddie needs an army to beat an army. Po on the other hand could probably take one out on his own. True, that's an aspect of genre convention. But I would say the panda is not to be underestimated.

It should probably be noted that the armies Eddie faces tend to be a bit more, well, Brutal than Po's are. In the case of fairly basic mooks, he's entirely capable of ploughing through them - quite literally if he's got his car.

SoC175
2013-09-24, 03:11 PM
Po from the movies or Po from the series?

In the series he's significantly more powerful

Xondoure
2013-09-24, 03:19 PM
Po from the movies or Po from the series?

In the series he's significantly more powerful

To be honest, I didn't even know there was a series. Though I should probably have assumed it. If you care to lay out what his series limitations are I'll take them into consideration. It also depends on what the series covers. If it's a continuation of the film universe and not say, a slightly alternate retelling, then it holds more weight.

SoC175
2013-09-24, 03:39 PM
To be honest, I didn't even know there was a series. Though I should probably have assumed it. If you care to lay out what his series limitations are I'll take them into consideration. It also depends on what the series covers. If it's a continuation of the film universe and not say, a slightly alternate retelling, then it holds more weight.It's Kung Fu Panda: Legends of Awesomeness and I am not sure where (or if at all) it's supposed to be part of the movie continuity.

Anyway, in Season 1 Episode 9 Pu becomes so powerful that he naturally master one of the "seven impossible techniques" on his own. Just felt right to him and he thought he had made it up on his own.

After that the Furius Five become really uneasy around him and he finally learns that they are afraid of him. He's clearly the most powerful of them and in the past the most powerful of the current F5 often became evil.

He becomes afraif of himself and runs away into the mountains where he actually meet one of the former F5 turned evil and driven away by Oogway. After accidentally revaling that Oogway is dead, she returns to attack the Jade Palace, but is eventually defeated by Po (who in the process masters the another of the 7 impossible moves).

If that is supposed to be part of the movie continuity it must be after the second movie, since in movie 2 Tigress is easily beating him while in this episode he's the most powerful of them all

Xondoure
2013-09-24, 09:30 PM
Well since that appears to get pretty close to godmoding, I'll say Po sticks to his in film universe capabilities. Which do include quickly getting stronger to face a tough opponent.

GloatingSwine
2013-09-25, 07:11 PM
A contest in which one side has the power of rock and the other does not is in no way fair....

RPGuru1331
2013-09-26, 07:58 PM
A contest in which one side has the power of rock and the other does not is in no way fair....

You say that, but Death killed the Six String Samurai. Wasn't even close.

:D :D :D

darkblade
2013-09-26, 08:40 PM
You say that, but Death killed the Six String Samurai. Wasn't even close.

:D :D :D

Death was Slash they both had rock.

Starwulf
2013-09-27, 05:01 AM
Just to add, while Po does get incredibly powerful in the series, I don't think you can really say it's not part of the film universe. One of the recurring characters(in at least 3 episodes thus far), is the nephew of the Big Bad from the first movie(I can't quite remember his name). The nephew at first doesn't realize his uncle had become evil and that Po had defeated him, then starts to train in the art of Kung Fu officially, then becomes convinced he's going to become evil(but doesn't). I haven't seen any of the more recent episodes, so I'm not sure if they've gone any further with it, but it was quite interesting.

Several other aspects of the series touches on stuff that occurred during the movies, so if anything I'd say they should be considered canon.

Also, while it's true he masters some of the "legendary forbidden" moves, he also routinely gets his arse beat by every new enemy he comes across, before he then manages to beat them. So it's not god-moding by any means if you ask me.