PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Sneak Attack Question/Help

amalthia
2013-09-22, 05:51 PM
I am looking at creating a sneak attack Rogue - for this example I will use a Dagger -

Dagger 2GP Base- piercing and slashing

Dragonfang 300 gp. 2 lbs

Dragonfang Dagger 302Gp 2 lbs

Platinum Special Materials - Magic of Faerun. On page 180
Heavy Weapon -1d4 or 1d6 cost 2500 - weight twice as much

Dragonfang Heavy Dagger 1d6 2802, 4 lbs

DEADLY PRECISION Price +1 bonus (MIC 32) weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of damage whenever you make a successful sneak attack
Deadly Precision Price +2 bonus (CAdv 127) weapon deals an extra 2d6 points of damage when its wielder makes a successful sneak attack

ROGUE’S VEST (MIC 130) In addition, if you have the sneak attack you deal an extra 1d6 points of damage

BRACERS OF THE HUNTER (SecXen 145) when making a sneak attack attacks, deal an additional 1d6 points of damage.

Assassin's Stance (TOB 75) +2d6 sneak attack -Shadow Hand Stance

Clinging Shadow Strike (TOB 76) deal an extra 1d6 points of damage -Shadow Hand Maneuver

Swordsage 3/Rogue 17 -
Feat: Sacred Strike deal d8s as holy damage instead of d6s against evil foes ( Book of Exalted Deeds, p. 45)

lets say that the foe is Evil and Sneak attack is going to work, and the appropriate maneuver, stance also work-
1d6 + 1d6 + ( +9d6 Sneak attack )< with weapon enhancements +3d6 sneak attack, Others +4d6 sneak attack - convert sneak to D8's

Dragonfang Heavy Dagger <2d6 + 16D8> does this sound correct?

KillianHawkeye
2013-09-22, 07:37 PM
I would definitely doublecheck with your DM that all of those SA booster stack, and that the die increase from Sacred Strike works on the bonus SA dice.

The one problem I am seeing is you can't make a dagger (or any other piece of equipment) out of two different special materials. It can't be made of both platinum and dragon teeth at the same time.

Curmudgeon
2013-09-22, 07:38 PM
No, this doesn't sound correct.
Dragonfang Weapon: Dragonfang weapons are masterwork weapons crafted from the claws and teeth of a dragon.
You can't genetically engineer a dragon to produce a tooth or claw that's made of metal or cause it to grow in heavier than normal density.

I stopped reading after that blatant error.

jindra34
2013-09-22, 07:41 PM
Another problem: The MiC version of deadly precision overrides the existance of the CAdv's one. You can't use both.

lsfreak
2013-09-23, 05:49 PM
Anothernother problem: according to a very strict reading, many of the things that offer bonus SA dice, don't. Rather, they offer bonus, non-SA dice when you make a sneak attack, and thus don't actually benefit from anything that affects sneak attack dice (die increases, rerolls, etc).