PDA

View Full Version : Having Two People Own A Business

Nemoidan
2013-09-22, 10:42 PM
Alright, so another PC and myself have been meaning to start a business using the rules from the DMG II. Obviously it explains how to create and make profit if you are an individual, however what if there are two owners? Does only one owner make the profit check with the "aid of a business partner" or are there separate profit checks?

Also, is it even worthwhile to make a business? Or are we better off simply crafting stuff and selling it to NPCs in game.

Insightful comments appreciated.

Morithias
2013-09-23, 02:24 AM
Alright, so another PC and myself have been meaning to start a business using the rules from the DMG II. Obviously it explains how to create and make profit if you are an individual, however what if there are two owners? Does only one owner make the profit check with the "aid of a business partner" or are there separate profit checks?

Also, is it even worthwhile to make a business? Or are we better off simply crafting stuff and selling it to NPCs in game.

Insightful comments appreciated.

I believe you are correct. You roll the profit check with the +2 from aid and split the money.

As for it being worthwhile....eh...not really.

About the only business that is worthwhile is a shop in the middle of nowhere. Everything else takes way too long to make the start up costs back.

If you're crafting mundane items, a business might be better.

If you're crafting magical items, yeah the business is pointless.