PDA

View Full Version : Login Time

Fizban
2006-12-27, 07:14 AM
So, as I remember it, on the old software when you logged in you could set a timer to automatically log you out after a while (default was 6 hours). Since the software change, I've frequently gone to hit the submit post button, and been informed that I need to log back in. I'm assuming that this is because while I was typing I'd run out the timer and automatically log out, and after combing the User CP I can't find an option to change such a setting.

So, if someone could tell me if this is a user setting I've overlooked, an inflexible boardwide function, or if it's a problem on my side, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Rawhide
2006-12-27, 07:18 AM
Make sure you have enabled your browser to accept cookies and check the "Stay logged in" check box.

Fizban
2006-12-27, 08:20 AM
Figures, I'm blind. Thanks, you can lock this now.

LadyGlutter
2006-12-27, 12:13 PM
I had the same problem as did others, I'm sure. It of course always happens when you have a long post you work hard on. It just takes some getting used to, remembering to click that if you log in. Not a problem if only one person uses your computer, you can just leave it set up, but if you're logging in and on, it's more of an issue.

RawBearNYC
2006-12-27, 01:26 PM
I had the same problem as did others, I'm sure. It of course always happens when you have a long post you work hard on. It just takes some getting used to, remembering to click that if you log in. Not a problem if only one person uses your computer, you can just leave it set up, but if you're logging in and on, it's more of an issue.

there's a log out link at the top of the page, you can "log out" at the end of your browsing session.

LadyGlutter
2006-12-27, 03:07 PM
Yeah I know. It's when I log back in I forget to click the box. No big thing at all, user malfunction, not the software.

RawBearNYC
2006-12-27, 09:14 PM
Yeah I know. It's when I log back in I forget to click the box. No big thing at all, user malfunction, not the software.

You could set up multiple profiles, that way everyone gets their own cookie file :P