PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Wilder healer

JusticeZero
2013-09-22, 10:57 PM
I was trying to sort this out, and i'm just not sure how it would be accomplished.
And yes, I know that another class would probably do it better - that isn't the point.
Is it possible to build a character able to perform the role of healer for a party (hp restoration and status effect repair) on the chassis of a Wilder? There's a "Healing Surge", but it's less clear how to apply it usefully other than by cutting themself and surging Natural Healing.

Psyren
2013-09-23, 07:14 PM
Sadly, unless you're an Egoist/Vitalist, Natural Healing isn't very useful for party healing. And neither is the healing from Healing Surge, which heals a whopping 6 HP at level 19. Even for free that's a terrible deal. Add in the fact that you can sicken your victims patients when you enervate and I would just avoid it.

Empathic Transfer does let you cover most of the "healer" duties - hp damage, ability damage, poisons and diseases - but you deal with them by transferring them to yourself, which isn't fun.

Healing Surge's Bond gets you a free power from the Healing discipline at regular intervals as you level - but Student Wilder can do that just as easily, without locking you into Healing powers when you decide you already have enough. And Dazzled is way easier to handle than Sickened. I would go with the Student.

JusticeZero
2013-09-25, 12:33 AM
There's a lot of reference to the "Healing subdiscipline", but i'm not sure that it's defined in the SRD. I can't find it, in any case.

Something like this?

Human Wilder
STR: 13 DEX: 10 CON: 14 INT: 10 WIS: 13 CHA: 20 (at 1)
Skills - Perception, UMD, Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate
1: Psicrystal Affinity (Single-minded)
R: Power Attack
1P Vigor
X1 Natural Healing
2P Prescience, Offensive
3: Psicrystal Containment
4P Share Pain
RB Force Screen
+1 Cha
5: Psionic Meditation
X5 Empathic Transfer
6P Body Purification(swap@9 to Share Pain, Forced)
7: Expanded Knowledge - Resist Toxin
8P Psychic Reformation
RB Metamorphosis, Minor
+1 Cha
9: Shared Power
X9 Body Purification
Gishes around tankily in chain shirt and quarterstaff used 2h. As noted, not an "optimal" design, but the point is to make a character build that can do the "healer" role with some op involved without ridiculously overshadowing the rest of the party.