PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Rawr! Tiger Style Hax

marcielle
2013-09-23, 02:31 AM
Nitty Gritty
Dungeoncrawlish game going to about 8th level. Teammates undecided.
I'm thinking of going Human Hungry Ghost Qinggong Monk / Unarmed Fighter 2/ Anything else(not necessarily in that order)
I don't have a full build up yet but the plan so far is:
Str 18(16+2) Dex 14 Con 14 Int 8 Wis 12 Cha 10
F1 Tiger, Power Attack, Imp Unarmed Strike
F2 Tiger Ferocity
Monk the rest of the way

Basically getting the PF version of Shocktrooper early entry, applied to all attacks on a Flurry. AND I get to follow any enemy 15 feet for free on my next turn. And I can be wielding a reach weapon in my hands.
Will be pretty much relying on Hungry Ghost to fuel Ki.
Now, I can choose to not wear armor and become a chaser, or I could just say eff off movement bonus and wear armor, and try to go the stand still route. With Str, Dex, Maneuver Training, and at least 2 tries from someone starting next to me, I should have a good chance to stop escapes. Not optimal, but hopefully able to contribute in mid-op(they know what they are doing but not going out of their way to OP-FU).
Build Criticism and advice for things from here on is greatly appreciated.

Oh, and the reason for taking monk in the first place was to play a Barbarian defector who decided to go as far in the opposite direction as he could. It was a toss up between Wizard and Monk, and someone else wanted Wizard.

Sayt
2013-09-23, 08:14 AM
Pathfinder does have a Tiger Ferocity feat. It does have Dragon Ferocity, and Tiger Claws, though I'm not sure which you mean. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that Unarmed Style doesn't let you take style feats beyond the first level bonus feat replacement without meeting the pre-req, so you don't qualify for Dragon Ferocity or Tiger claws at level 2.

marcielle
2013-09-23, 09:49 AM
Dang, didn't notice that. :C

Sephoris
2013-09-23, 01:11 PM
Tiger Pounce (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/tiger-pounce-combat) is what you're thinking of. But like Sayt said, you're going to have to qualify for it, and that's going to take a while.

I was thinking that you could wait to dip into Unarmed Fighter until after you'd picked up Tiger Style, and use the first level feat to get Tiger Pounce early, but alas, Tiger Pounce and the feats like it that require a style feat are not style feats themselves.

grarrrg
2013-09-23, 08:44 PM
Hungry Ghost archetype can stack with Master of Many Styles archetype.
Master of Many Styles (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/master-of-many-styles) can freely pick Style feats, and Style-chain feats.

If you still want a level of Unarmed Fighter, than start with that, then go Hungry Quiggong of Many Styles for 2 levels. BAM! Full style feat chain at level 3.