PDA

View Full Version : IC: Tiamat's Downfall [Epic 4e]

Irish Musician
2013-09-23, 02:26 PM
They years have been good to you all, for the most part. Love ones have been lost, companions have been slain, and mighty empires have both fallen before you and been created because of you. And even though all of this, you still live, and you are still adventurers. Although now you tend to be called for council more than anything, you haven't lost your adventurer's edge and yearn for those times that you are able to take up arms against an enemy......although not many enemies give you any real challenge anymore. You are the most powerful that you shall ever be and your names will be written into history and never forgotten. You all are demi-gods, at least in the eyes of the people you protect, and though of as nigh invisible. For even when you are slain, you still come back from the dead to defend and protect them.

The planes have been quiet for decades now, although a mighty foe will present itself from time to time, the worlds you watch over have been without a very real threat for a long time......until now. A war has been going on between the two mighty Dragon Deities, Bahamut & Tiamat, for a decade now, and it has taken its toll on all the planes. You have helped here and there, trying your best to keep Tiamat's armies at bay and keep her from terrorizing through all the planes. And, finally, after all the war, bloodshed, and pain......Tiamat was defeated, along with her standing armies. Now, just as the most powerful of beings knows, deities don't tend to die when you slay them. They will reappear after a time, usually in their lairs, and start to rebuild their empires, followers, and power. This is why it is so hard to kill a deity, they are able to escape their fates at the hands of mortals and, eventually, return back to their full power....hiding away and completely defended until that time.

After cheering the victory of Tiamat's demise, you all helped drive back and destroy her armies that had been attacking the planes. A week went by, one that you all were thankfully, finally, able to rest during, when a message came to your abodes. This was no ordinary message, however, for it came in the form of Angels, streaking down from the sky and surprising you in your dwellings. The Angels brought tidings and thanks from the Old Man with the Canaries, and you all were asked to come to Sigil for a meeting. The meeting would be the next day. After the message was delivered, the angels departed and all left two scrolls behind for each of you. One scroll was one of teleportation and would get you to Sigil, the other one told you where, and what time, to be at the meeting.

After one more night's rest, you find yourself reading the scroll and teleported to Sigil, city of the planes, if you are not already living there. You make your way through the city to the giant keep in the center of it, the keep everyone knows belongs to the Lady of Pain. You walk up to the gate where two guards stop you. You show them your scroll, and they let you pass. You walk up to the keep across a long and wide bridge with guards set across it in intervals. As you get closer to the keep, the keep itself seems to grow exponentially making it appear larger than you would think possible. Giant wooden doors open right as you get up to them and there is nothing but bright light inside the keep. You walk into it, because why not at this point, and find yourself in a large room, with a large, round table with a old man with some bird flying around his head, a very large, metallic looking dragonborn, and a lady whom you have never seen before, sitting in between them. The old man and the dragonborn were talking, but it trailed off as you all came in....oddly enough at the same time. The old man stood up and motioned to the empty chairs, "Please.....have a seat," in a voice one might expect from an old man. The dragonborn nods at all of you, Arjax by name you remember, and the lady seems to be looking at you....but you aren't quite sure because her face is covered in a veil.

Shular
2013-09-23, 02:37 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr gives a respectful nod to the old man and the others. He is curious about their identities, not knowing much more than the dragonborn's name, but doesn't mind waiting for explanation. He could have, of course, simply snuck in and evesdropped on their conversation, but it amused him to walk in full sight through the front door. It happens so seldomly.

As the first to arrive, he also nods a greeting to the others as they arrive. Some identities he can guess through their great fame, others he has no idea. He is curious about them as well.

Binks
2013-09-23, 03:14 PM
Kriv passes the guards with nary a word, simply holding up his scroll of invitation and continuing to walk past them. It was not his intent to be rude, but a summonings such as this seemed a bit rude itself, with no details, and so he felt little need to be overly polite until he learned more.

Striding into the room Kriv holds his head high and proud as he greets the others, nodding briefly but not speaking. He moves to take a seat at the old man's words, sitting with his back ramrod straight upon the offered chair.

Rakaydos
2013-09-23, 07:44 PM
Inevitability enters smoothly, almost silently, and stands at attention. his dull metalic, featureless surface giving no indicaion of his feelings... if he even had feelings. He carries a Glaive, but not threateningly- appearing at the moment like an unfinished adamantine statue than a warrior.

Chambers
2013-09-23, 07:48 PM
Harp

Walking is for the rubes. Harp zooms above the rooftops of the City of Doors on a disk of whispy Astral essence, his robes whipping in the air as he smiles at the vertigo inducing changes in gravity flying from one Ward to the other. He breezes past the guards at the entrance flipping them his scroll as he glides in behind a dragonborn. He hops off the disk near those seated and it collapses in on itself becoming a slowly revolving mote of light around his head.

"Harp Thistlefall, at your service." He says with a bow as he slides into a seat next to the lady. "What's this meeting about?"

Reflavored Broom of Flying for the Astral Flying Disk.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-23, 10:38 PM
https://sites.google.com/site/meeposlair/_/rsrc/1362420464892/zel-phir-milziran/Resting_by_Direwrath.jpg?height=200&width=173

There is a rush of stale air into the room as one of the many doors opens revealing dark miasma on the other side of the portal. It closes a moment later yet no one seems to have stepped through.

I thank you for your charity, but I have no need of your scroll. Best you keep it for an emergency.

A second drow tosses the still rolled-up scroll on the table. You don't recall him being there a minute ago. But he's there now, seated comfortably. His long white hair falls loosely around his flowing gray robes. A glint of a mail is seen over his chest where the robe parts.

Now, as I had been saying before the others had arrived, it's really sort of difficult to say exactly when I had met the Lady for the first time. That is like saying when was the first time water was wet. When you have been where we have been it is not really a matter of when, it simply has always been.

Yeah, he's a master of time and space. He apparently was there before he wasn't... It's not supposed to make sense.

But since he's pretty much a master of travel rituals because of his epic destiny, I figured he knew a way to get here without the scroll.

Infernally Clay
2013-09-24, 11:49 AM
A large Tiefling burst into the room, his very presence both inspiring and terrifying. The others sitting around may or may not have recognised him, but his efforts during the war against Tiamat were certainly known to all. In his own world, there were none greater than he at leading men and women. Even by the high standards of the many planes, Karion deserved special mention.

"Why have I been called again?" the Tiefling said abruptly, clear anger in his voice, "Have I not already done enough for the Gods and your causes? When the war broke out with Tiamat, did you not call for my aid in devising strategies to carve a path to victory? Did I not do that?"

The tone was, perhaps, understandable. Karion's world had been heavily damaged by the war between Tiamat and Bahamut. Five years of peace was all Karion had been able to buy his world before another, far greater, war arrived on their doorstep. At first it hadn't been so bad, more or less spillages of battles that Karion and his companions had quickly ended. They had tried to remain neutral, tried to be as small a target as possible while they still recovered from their own war - but that all changed when Karion was asked to help with the war effort against Tiamat. Apparently it was not about choosing sides any more, but preventing the destruction of everything.

Yet nobody told Karion that his own world would be besieged by Tiamat's forces for his involvement. He had lost everything. While he was in another world, pouring over charts and battle plans, his friends and companions died to protect the world he had left behind - and Karion himself would not find out until the war itself had ended. With only a week having passed and the pain still raw, Karion had neither forgiven the Gods for this, nor had he forgiven himself.

Then Karion looked around the room. There were several others, each one he recognised. As his part required such knowledge, Karion had been given information on the most powerful beings alive in the various worlds and he had made strategies for them to be part of and contingency plans should they join Tiamat's side - and he was staring at many of them right now.

"Something tells me you didn't call us here to hand out medals."

Shular
2013-09-24, 12:53 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr shakes his head as Zel'phir rambles. He's worked with the other drow enough to respect his abilities in battle, but the monk could be quite hard to follow in conversation. He isn't even sure why someone would WANT to live in the past, present, and future at the same time. The now is plenty for him.

He turns to the old man and asks, "is this everyone? Surely there must be a kitchen sink somewhere waiting to be called into action."

Rakaydos
2013-09-24, 01:55 PM
Vor'gyr
He turns to the old man and asks, "is this everyone? Surely there must be a kitchen sink somewhere waiting to be called into action."

Inevitability's head swiveled with inhuman precision, zeroing in on Vor'gyr. "Present and accounted for." His voice synthetic, unnatural in it's perfection. There was no visible source for the words- they simply were.

Shular
2013-09-25, 02:35 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr shrugs at the metal man's words, and mutters under his breath "I said sink, not tank." While he waits, he decides to explore the room, paying particular attention to any theft-worthy artifacts he 'finds'.

Infernally Clay
2013-09-25, 08:07 AM
"Oi oi, Vor'gyr," Karion chuckled, "While we are all eternally indebted to you for stealing valuable intelligence from Tiamat's most trusted generals, keep your sticky fingers to yourself eh? Gods are an easily offended lot."

I'm totally winging it here - saying that our resident Thief of Legend was charged with stealing the very knowledge itself of an particularly important upcoming battle and, in the process, found out about a second secret planned assault. Thanks to Vor'gyr's intel, Karion was able to organise and prepare a plan turn this battle on two fronts from a guaranteed massacre into a decisive victory.

I'd imagine this sort of thing happened a lot if each of our characters were major players in the war.

Irish Musician
2013-09-25, 09:00 AM
The Old Man
The Old Man chuckles at the theif stalks around the room, and he hears the comment from Karion. "Considering this is not my house, and the Lady of Pain was so very kind enough to let me into her city.....you wouldn't be stealing from me, but from her. You made be able to stay out of sight from the gods, Vor-gyr, but in Sigil there is no place to hide from the Lady. You stand out as if you were on fire at night.....which, incidentally, is how you many wind up if you steal anything from her..." The Old Man ends his sentence with a smile, and the whole time Vor-gyr is walking around he can't help but, for the first time in a very, very long time, feel like someone is watching his every move.

The Old Man continues, "We are waiting on one more for out little party. Let us a wait a few moments longer and see if he decides to make it. Then we shall get started."

Arjax (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjEiO8IDA), Scion of Bahamut
The dragonborn.....or the dragon as he looks more like.....sits there stoically as people enter the room. As they come in, he counts them. He knows who they all are, even if they don't know him. Arjax has never been once for glory, save for bringing more to his god, but he has always seemed to get a named for himself in the course of his years. "Please be still Karion. We have all lost much in this war, and it was not the fault of Bahamut that Tiamat decided to attack every plane of existence at once. Every one of us has fought and bled for a cause that was forced into our lives. We get what fates gives us." Arjax say this in a compassionate way, almost pleading with the Teifling to calm himself and be open minded. "But no....no medals today."

Arjax listens to everyone talking, and smiles after a moment after what Karion said. "Only the evil gods and the gods that have a angel stuck up their ass. But some do not take as great offense to things as you might think. Bahamut tends not to take offense to many things...."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-25, 09:07 AM
Zel'phir knew that if Vor'gyr did not wish to be seen, he would not be, so attempting to keep an eye on the other drow was a waste of time. "He could go anywhere undetected. But he could not be everywhere at once. Anticipate don't react."

Edited due to intervening post.

Shular
2013-09-25, 09:34 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr sighs as he is unfairly criminalized by the tiefling general and the old man. "Gentlemen," he says to the two, "you wound me. I would hope that the Mistress would be pleased with my appreciation for her collection of...things."

He walks back to the table and sits. "Her ladyship aside," he says with a respectful nod to the Mistress, "I'm not TOO concerned with the gods' feelings. It's their war we're fighting, after all. Some of them are decent enough, I grant you, but most just see us as, at best, their playthings, and at worst, insects."

Vor'gyr glances around his immediate area and, not finding what he's looking for, reaches into his pack and pulls out a canteen, from which he takes a long drink.

Binks
2013-09-25, 10:33 AM
Kriv remains seated and silent throughout the early discussions, remembering the days when he had fought alongside many of this group in defense of the planes. He focuses on the Old Man primarily, recognizing that he will be the source of information on what needs to be done here, though he does grunt at Vor'gyr's words about the gods.

Speak for yourself. he thinks, focusing on the fragment of the dead god Io alive within his soul, but choosing to say nothing. Some of those he fought alongside in the war had taken offense to his, well, boasting about it, and from the looks of things this would be a small operation, requiring teamwork, something easily disrupted if they didn't get along. That, and he wouldn't put it past the thief's skill to be able to steal the fragment if he wanted to, so not bringing it up was also best for both his and Io's safety.

"What has transpired Old Man, that would require so many of us? Surely no remnant of Tiamat's army could be that large of a threat?" Kriv asks calmly as he waits patiently for the last arrival.

Chambers
2013-09-26, 03:11 PM
Harp

Typical melodrama. Harp shrugs at the tieflings rant. "No one's forcing you to be here, you know." He shakes his head at the talk of gods and angels and what is in whose ass and nods as the other dragonborn speaks. "Yes, have the spawn reformed so quickly?"

Irish Musician
2013-09-27, 01:33 PM
Old Man
"I have just been informed that our last guest will not be making it to the meeting. Ah well, let us move along." The old man stands up and starts to walk around the table. "First I would like to thank the Lady for allowing me into her fine city. It has been many a millennia since someone like me has been allowed to cross the boarders of Sigil. But I made the Lady a promise that no violence would follow me here, and I needed a neutral place for all of us to meet." The Old Man bows to the Lady and she gives a small nod in his direction. "Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, we get to the root of the problem. For those of you who do not know me, or have not figured it out yet, I am, in fact, a god. I am the other half of the tyrant that you have been fighting with for so long now. I wish she could have been destroyed many, many thousands of years ago, but alas....I could never do the deed myself. We have particular wards against each other that force us from coming anywhere near the other. However, Tiamat happens to be a very short-sighted thinker, and has never been one to think of the big picture. While I have cast many a spell protecting me from a complete death, she has not thought that far ahead, nor has she ever thought that someone would be powerful enough to slay her. Pride is her weakness, and now we need to exploit it."

The Old Man's canaries have now landed on his shoulders and he has sat back down in his chair. A wave of the Lady's hand creates a giant map of the planes on the surface of the table. "Now, we have fought back her armies and have ended her Plane-Wide war. A champion of mine struck the killing blow to her in a very large battle between both of our main armies, and with her death let our armies rout them and destroy them. She still has followers, and armies, out there, but they are leaderless and have no idea what is going on now. We had many, many casualties on both side, but we came out victorious. Which, in turn, let all of you push her armies back and defeat them on your respective planes.....though there were many casualties there as well." The Old Man gives a sympathetic look Karion's way. "I wish I could say that that was the end of it, but there is a secret we gods keep very close to our hearts that no one knows about. None of us share this for fear that the masses will learn of it and expose a very vital weakness we have. Having said that, I must ask for everyone's words that they will never speak of this secret I will be divulging to you. I do not force a contract on you, nor will I make you sign anything in blood. I just ask, out of honor and respect, that this secret never leave your lips. I do not tell you lightly, for it puts me in immediate danger just as much as my sister. Will you keep this secret to your grave and beyond?"

Shular
2013-09-27, 01:49 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr listens to the old man, and is troubled at the revelation of who he is. He thinks about the troubles with Tiamat's armies, and the friends he'd lost in the struggles. He didn't make friends easily, that requires trust, and their loss still hurt.

At the man's statement about a secret he is torn. He doesn't want to swear an oath to a god, but how can he NOT learn the secret, now that he knows its existence. Still, if it is known you know a secret, that can be trouble as well.

"I'm willing to swear to secrecy," he says out loud, "but if it is so deadly a secret, surely the other gods will want to protect themselves. What if one of them, or even you, decide our knowing it is too risky, and come after us to silence us...permanently. I'll need some assurance that this thing you tell us won't put us in danger from other powers."

Irish Musician
2013-09-27, 01:57 PM
The Old Man
The Old Man smiles, "I can give you my word no harm shall come from me, or the other gods that align themselves with good. However, I cannot say that the more evil of my brethren wouldn't come after you if they thought you posed too much of a risk. No one knows what I will be telling you, for nothing in this room can be listened to or scryed upon, thanks to the Lady. The only people who will know what you know will be myself, and all of you. So, the best way to keep yourselves out of danger, in that regard, is to not say anything to anyone." Then he glances at the Lady and back to all of you, "This is not secret to the lady either.....so you do not need to worry about her involvement. She doesn't much care about the affairs of gods, which is why I am so glad she agreed to play host to us. She is 100% neutral in this affair. Now what say you?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-27, 02:14 PM
The contemplative drow nods at the old man's words.

"There is a simple enough solution for this dilemma. Make it within our own interests to keep this secret. What I propose should be simple enough for one of your power. If we succeed on this task, then bestow the mantle of divinity upon us."

Irish Musician
2013-09-27, 02:17 PM
The Old Man
The Old Man looks at the monk and smiles at him, "So the knowledge of every tyrant, torturous, evil god that exists coming after you isn't enough to not share this secret?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-27, 02:21 PM
You said that the gods know the secret. The evil ones don't share it out of fear of their own servants' ambitions. But if we became gods, then we have the same reason not to share the secret because we too would be in equal peril.

Shular
2013-09-27, 02:22 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr mutters (not so quietly) "and I thought I was greedy."

Irish Musician
2013-09-27, 02:32 PM
The Old Man
The Old Man's smile grow a little fainter as the monk talks, "Do not think that, just because I am in this form, that I will take disrespect, monk. You may be powerful, but you are not that powerful. Tiamat, too, has the arrogance you are showing now, you would do well to remember that." He then takes a breath and continues, voice calmer, "Besides, divinity is not mine to give out like candy. Divinity is not given away like it means nothing. It must be earned or acquired....not given away. Do not ask me for that again."

Infernally Clay
2013-09-27, 02:47 PM
"Every man has his secrets, so what is one more?" Karion said, shaking his head at the Drow's request, "I've no interest in becoming a God, either. All I request is that this is the last you ask of me. This general has lost his taste for war."

Irish Musician
2013-09-27, 02:57 PM
The Old Man
He turns to Karion with a sad look in his eyes, "I am sorry I had to call on you this time Karion. There are losses I cannot even bring back to you, but there is perhaps a chance to amend my mistakes in the past, given you survive this last mission, and seeing someone you love once again. If you do, you will never hear a call from me again."

Chambers
2013-09-27, 03:24 PM
Harp

"Immediate danger? That means us in this room would become a possible threat once you've told us." Harp says as he frowns. "No, I'll not promise anything without first knowing what it is I'm actually swearing to do. Keep a secret, right. But if what the secret is conflicts with a previous promise? I'd be an oathbreaker either way."

He shrugs. "I'll likely keep your secret safe in any case, but I won't bind myself to it."

On my phone, I'll add color later.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-27, 04:09 PM
Zel'phir

Hrmph. You think I take any comfort in where you tell us this secret? Don't you think that whenever we put this plan into motion that someone will figure out what we are up to? And then what will your promises mean? I whole lot of nothing, that's what.

Zel'phir stands in stares the old man straight in the eye.

So far you haven't offered me a whole lot of incentive to take up your cause against your kin. I am a mercenary and I am a drow. I don't do charity cases.

I am a master of time and space. I can cross planes with my thoughts. I am quite confident in my ability to ride out whatever calamity you are seeking to avert, even the destruction of the planes. The question is, do you think you can succeed without my help? I think the fact you went through all the trouble to get me here says otherwise.

I've named my price. It is your choice to make a counteroffer or not, but so far I haven't heard the first thing that has piqued my interest in the least.

Shular
2013-09-27, 04:36 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr winces as Zel'phir plays the race card. He doesn't remember the monk being so irrational, but they do say that power corrupts.

"I, for one, have no interest in eliminating one evil god just to have a new one take her place. Your desire for ultimate power will be your undoing. There's the door, feel free to use it or make one of your own."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-27, 04:45 PM
Zel'phir

Evil, hardly. Harmonious disinterest, yes. I am at least forward with my intentions even if you do not understand the motives behind them.

If I must earn my divinity, then so be it, but the old man must likewise earn my respect, for it too is not freely given.

Infernally Clay
2013-09-27, 05:03 PM
"You forget that these are Gods, Zel'phir," Karion sighed, "You speaking of bargains and respect as if you are equal to them. We may be the most powerful mortals in any world, but we are still mortals. They are not, so might I suggest a little humility?"

Shular
2013-09-27, 05:11 PM
Vor'gyr

*facepalm*

Binks
2013-09-27, 05:47 PM
Kriv

Kriv remains silent and contemplative as the discussions commence. He makes no judgement of the Drow but neither does he jump to his aid, preferring instead to see where his request goes. Kriv has little interest in godhood himself, but it seems like a fairly well reasoned argument, and learning how this god will handle it would be useful information for the future.

As soon as there is a good breaking point where he is not interrupting the matter at hand he speaks up.

"I have no reason to share this secret with anyone beyond these walls. I will honor your request." he says simply, having little reason to destabilize any god's position or make himself more of a target and intrigued by the idea of learning what it is the Old Man knows that he fears so much.

Irish Musician
2013-09-27, 06:08 PM
The Old Man
All look of humor has passed from the Old Man's face, "Zel'phir, you would do well to listen to your fellow mortals here. You feel you are invincible because of your power, and feel like you have no place to go in terms of power.....but even the greatest minds have something left to learn. It has led you to be impudent and rude." The Old Man gets up, placing his fists on the table, "And you are making a lot of assumptions, drow. You think it makes me any less safe to tell you this secret? If it were to get out the world would know, not to mention the hells that would find a way into our realm to come kill all of us, all nine of them at once. I did not come to this decision lightly, so do not try and minimize my own sacrifice about letting this information out. You are not the only one who is risking something here." His voice starts to get louder and slightly angrier and the canaries start flying around his head in a very agitated manner, "And she is not just my kin, but a very real threat to the world, especially now that she realizes how vulnerable she is. If we do not move now, we will never have another chance. If you do not work for free, fine, I will pay you something. But do not expect me to grovel at your feet. Likewise my respect for you is not freely given, and you are in the red at this point, monk."

At this moment the lady stands up and a voice enters all your heads, You shall all show the respect due to each other. It doesn't matter who you are, in my city everyone shows respect to each other, regardless of who they are. Sit and calm down old man, you are weary and war-ravaged so I will chalk it up to that, but do not think I will not kick you out just like before. Her faceless mask then turns to the monk, And you, drow, you shall show the proper respect to him. Not because he is a god, but because he has kept the planes safe for many, many years now....longer than you know how to count, and you may not worship him....but you WILL watch your tongue while talking to him. Impudence in my chamber will not be tolerated, and I guarantee you that you will not be able to escape MY grasp. The Lady sits back down, along with the old man who takes a breath. And you have noticed it until now....but when anyone tries to access their powers, they don't seem to be able to reach them. You can't remember spells, you divine magics are blocked, and there seems to be a block in your mind where you would unleash your psionic powers.

The Old Man speaks up again, "Of course you are right my Lady, I apologize for my temper. I am battle-weary, even being a god." He then looks at the monk, "If there is something else you desire I will do my best to fulfill that request....but I will be making no one gods today..."

Chambers
2013-09-27, 06:38 PM
Harp

"With respect..." Harp says and nods to the Old Man. "If you want a secret kept, don't tell anyone. Once it's released among mortals it's free; no vows, or oaths or threats of deific smiting can change what a person wills to do." He says and shrugs. "You can lock their minds, of course, but as long as their will is their own and not subsumed by another's you'll have no control. If you had any misgivings about those that you called here today would a simple promise allay them?"

He pauses to listen to the Lady's thoughts in his head. "Ma'am, you can of course do what is within your power to limit ours, but if this is an attempt to coerce an oath it's poor style." Harp says and leans back, crossing his arms with a patient look.

Shular
2013-09-27, 06:49 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr struggles to remain calm as tempers around him flare. This is insane! he thinks to himself. I will not be obliterated over this.

Turning to the old man, he bows as well as one can while seated. "Wise one, I swear that I will divulge the secret you share with us to no-one in this life-time and beyond. I have the memories of other lives, and do not doubt that my memories will be passed on as well, but this secret will be guarded by all my incarnations until the end of time."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-27, 06:52 PM
Zel'phir

Zel take his seat.

At least one of us understands. Even if we pull off this plan then what? Do you not think that the other gods will take notice of what has happened? They will figure it out and then they will come after us just the same as if we had shouted the secret across every plane. Will you keep us safe then? Divinity would have given me a footing to stand on, not that I have any care for worshipers.

Zel turns to Karion.

I too wish to retire. But I want to go to a place that is beyond space and time, one where I can sit peacefully and watch the rest of the worlds go by but no longer have to get involved the affairs of mortals.

Zel'phir makes a counter-offer to the old man.

Can you grant me such a domain?

Infernally Clay
2013-09-27, 07:13 PM
"Might I suggest we leave the haggling and bravado for our return?" Karion laughed, "Asking for such a thing now seems... Presumptuous. We don't even know what we're being asked to do, nor do we know why such a secret needs to be shared with us. We can't even guarantee that we will survive whatever it is we're being asked to do, so our payment can wait until we've actually done the job."

He then winks to Zel'phir, "And if Gods do come to take this secret from us by force? I'm the greatest strategist of all, mortal or immortal, so I'd like to see them try."

Yeah, he's suuuuch a hypocrite. :smallbiggrin:

Irish Musician
2013-09-28, 10:34 PM
The Old Man
The Old Man sits back and thinks about the monk's current compromise. "Now, that is something that I could definitely do for you. However, when setting it up, I would need you help in doing so. I would be making a pocket plane for you, and that you would have complete control over. It wouldn't be anywhere near as big a one of the planes of existence, but it would be enough to escape to, and retire to. Much like the Lady has domain over this city, so would you over your plane. Would this be acceptable?" The canaries settle on the back of the Old Man's chair and start to clean their feathers.

Arjax (http://iplay4e.appspot.com/characters/agdpcGxheTRlchQLEgtDaGFyYWN0ZXJWMhjEiO8IDA), Scion of Bahamut
Arjax is silent during the entire go between the monk and his Lord. Though, he doesn't move to his weapon as he might in a different situation. Arjax knows exactly who the lady is and there is no way he is getting on her bad side......she can handle her city quite well on her own. After the talking is done, he looks to the Old Man, "You know my answer Lord." Arjax holds a hand out, and one of the canaries flies over to him. It lands on his finger and, with a surprising amount of a gentle touch, pets the little thing on its head. The canary seems to like it, flutters off his hand, and lands on one of the spikes on his head.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-09-29, 05:57 PM
The monk smiles. He has gotten a start at what he wants.

"Very well, I accept."

Irish Musician
2013-09-30, 09:19 AM
The Old Man
The Old Man nods at Zel'phir, and turns his attention to Harp. "The lady does not suppress our powers due to our little "deal." Like I said, she cares not for the dealings of gods. She does that on her own accord, to help keep the peace. Do not read it as coercion into saying yes to me, for the reasoning behind her decision is far removed from me." The Old Man gives a moment's pause. "And I guarantee that no promise you could have made would conflict with the promise you make me. For this knowledge isn't known by anyone outside of the pantheon. I, of course, have no way to keep you from talking about this secret, but I would hope that through working together in this, we would have a some semblance of honor between us.....at least enough to keep this secret for me."

The Old Man takes a minute and then continues, "For keeping this secret and going on this mission for the good of the Planes, if your heart desires something, other than god-hood," giving a quick smirk to the monk, "ask it of me and I will do everything in my power to have it done. Now....on to the crux of our problem. Tiamat has been slain....at least for now. There is something we deities can do that no other being....save for the Lady maybe....can do, we can Discorporate. If we are destroyed in battle, or assassinated, we can return to our Plane of existence, healed up, alive, and as ferocious as ever. And generally even more dangerous to deal with because we know what is at stake. Once we have returned to our house, we are very vulnerable for if we die soon after we Discorporate, then we are destroyed completely, and there isn't anything known to us that will bring us back. There may be some ancient magic that could....but we haven't found it yet. And believe me when I say that we have looked." He lets this info sink in for a moment before continuing. "That is where all of you come in.....I need you to get into her lair, where she has now come back, and destroy her completely. It will not be easy, for she is many defenses and more than a few bodyguards on the way to her chamber. But if you are successful, then you will once and for all time eliminated a great evil from this world, and will have the thanks and gratitude from not only myself, but the entire pantheon of gods who align themselves with the ideals of good. I hope that you will take on this last quest on behalf of all the Planes."

Shular
2013-09-30, 09:38 AM
Vor'gyr

"Hmm, kill Tiamat. She would be a great quarry indeed, and who knows what wealth she might possess." He ponders for a few moments, then grins. "Agreed! On one condition...anything I steal I get to keep."

Rakaydos
2013-09-30, 03:43 PM
Inevitability had waited, unmoving and unspeaking, easilly forgotten as simply a statue in this place. Order would be served, however. "Yes," he replied to Bahamut, encmpassing the offer, the mission, and the promice of secrecy in a single word.

Binks
2013-09-30, 04:01 PM
Kriv mulls over the god's words for a few moments before speaking. "Very well. If it is necessary to protect the plans I shall do my part to ensure Tiamat is destroyed." he answers, nodding his acceptance as he speaks.

Infernally Clay
2013-09-30, 05:59 PM
"I do have the weekend off," Karion said, "And what kind of General would I be if I didn't lead the group into battle personally?"

Chambers
2013-09-30, 06:13 PM
Harp

"Everything in your power? That's how you make a bargain. Agree to do everything in your power to free the slaves in the City of Brass - every one of them - and you've got a deal." Harp says.

Infernally Clay
2013-09-30, 06:57 PM
Harp

"Everything in your power? That's how you make a bargain. Agree to do everything in your power to free the slaves in the City of Brass - every one of them - and you've got a deal." Harp says.

"The city of where?" Karion asked, "If they're being held against their will and treated poorly, why ask a God to solve the problem? Save your request for something more difficult, 'cause I'll help you with that."

Irish Musician
2013-10-01, 09:31 AM
Before the old man can speak, Arjax starts, "The city of brass, Karion, is a city within the Elemantal Chaos that the efreets have founded. Their Grand Sultan lives there, and they still do practice slavery there. Should we wish to free them all, we can do that after our mission....I, too, will accompany you."

The Old Man
The Old Man smiles, "Such noble words. Whether you are aware or not, Harp, gods don't tend to interfere directly with the affairs of the planes that aren't theirs. Tiamat is a different thing, however, so don't even think of throwing that in my face. What you have to understand, Harp, is that there is a bigger picture. Why do you think Avandra herself hasn't crashed into Brass and freed the slaves? Because we can't do that. If there is something else you would like to help you in that quest, I will do my best to help you in that goal. But I cannot directly interfere with their city." Then he furrows his brow, "And I do not appreciate the insinuation that I do not care about the enslaved there. Or that somehow my offer to help you with something you desire is a bad thing. If you truly wished for freedom for people, as you goddess teaches, you would think about the millions of people Tiamat has enslaved over the years, and all the ones she will enslave, if left alive. Do not act as though I do not care.....I care more than you know."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-01, 10:41 AM
Zel'phir

"First question: What knowledge do we have about her lair and the dangers that we might find?"

[roll0]

"Second question: How are we getting there? If there is a known portal circle, I could open up a portal, otherwise, I could hop us to a random location somewhere on the plane. Finding our way from there could be a bit of a challenge."

Irish Musician
2013-10-01, 05:06 PM
The Old Man
"Well, we don't know much about her lair. I have never been in there, for the reasons I have mentioned, and she is always changing the layout of her lair, in case someone actually makes it out to 'tell the tale.'" He pauses, and thinks for a moment, "However, there is some help that you all will have in the inside. One of my most devout paladins died there, and because of the intensity of his faith, he soul chose to stay in her lair and act as a guide and a spy for me. I did not ask this of him, and constantly remind him that he is missed and will always have a place by my side should he want it. Well, after this mission, he too should be able to rest." The Old Man seems a little sad and happy by the mention of this paladin. "As for getting into her lair, I should be able to give you the correct focus to hone in on him, and from there help you create a portal that will take you directly to where my paladin resides in the lair. It is a room never used and in fact has been hollowed out and had protective wards put on it to make it seem as though it isn't even there. Should you all need to rest, you will be able to there."

Chambers
2013-10-01, 07:07 PM
Harp

"I don't question why She does what She does; that's for Her to decide for Herself. I never insinuated that you didn't care...though it is interesting that you would project that attitude onto me. Some hidden fear of your own perhaps?" Harp says and waves his hand at the rhetorical question. "Regardless, you're either unwilling or unable to do so. The matter is moot. After we're done doing what you and your kin are apparently unable to do, or unwilling maybe, furnish whatever reward you think is most appropriate. And within your limitations, of course." Harp says with a smirk.

He nods at the mention of the paladin's spirit. "Ah, a guide inside will be nice. Thanks."

Infernally Clay
2013-10-01, 08:30 PM
"Then might I suggest we reconvene in an hour?" Karion said, "It isn't long, but it'll give us time to prepare... and make peace."

Binks
2013-10-02, 08:29 AM
Kriv

"A guide inside will be very helpful." Kris says, his voice sounding more thoughtful than usual.

At Karion's words Kriv scoffs quietly before speaking. "If you need to prepare then that should be fine. I will be waiting here, assuming this is where we will reconvene." he says, his voice once more in its natural, somewhat arrogant, tones.

Irish Musician
2013-10-02, 08:57 AM
The Old Man
The Old man just smiles at Harp, "I will figure something out for you, surely." Then, not to Harp or anyone in particular, he says more to himself, "I have never tasted Half-Elf before...." Then to Karion, "Yes, if you need to make preparations do so now. Once you have been taken to Tiamat's lair, you won't have much in the way of supplies, food, or water. Do what you need to do, and then meet back here in one hour." The Old Man dismisses you and sits back in his seat.

Shular
2013-10-02, 10:59 AM
Vor'gyr

"I tasted half-elf once. She was delicious. It was right before I stole something from her." With that he rises and walks out. He has everything he needs, as you never know when you find yourself on an adventure, so he decides to explore the area around the keep. After nearly an hour, he returns to the chamber.

Infernally Clay
2013-10-02, 12:05 PM
Waving off the rest of the group, Karion left the city of Sigil and returned to his own world. It was kind of humorous to him, that. For years he was unaware of the existence of other worlds, focused more on protecting his own than exploring others. Yet here he was, freely moving between worlds as if walking over a bridge.

Upon returning to his world, Maester Wallas greeted Karion and described - in exhaustive detail - the rebuilding efforts and their current progress. "Keep it short, my friend," Karion smiled, knowing full well that Wallas did not keep things short at all, "I have only an hour before I must return, although I cannot tell you why."

According to Wallas' report, the many carpenters and blacksmiths of the various cities had been working tirelessly to craft all the parts necessary while even the richest sent their slaves to help less fortunate families at least patch up their homes so that they might sleep under a solid roof.

Yet Karion was not really listening and Wallas knew it - they had been walking towards the cemetery and the Maester left Karion at the gates to continue on himself. What he sought was several rows away from the large monolith that had inscribed upon it the names of the many people that died because of the war Karion's father had wrought. After a few minutes, the Tiefling stood before five small gravestones.

Torin, Falkur, Jelen, Aelar and Merra. All were Karion's closest friends, one his wife. Together the six of them had conquered everything from small bandit raids to large scale battlefields... Their names would live on forever as heroes and champions and Karion promised to have a statue of the five erected in the central park of the greatest city in the world so that none would ever forget the price his friends paid to keep the world safe.

"I was called by the Gods again," Karion sighed, "Apparently there is still work they need me to do."

The Tiefling then sat down on the grass and continued to talk. He spoke of many things... Of Sigil and the wonders there, of the efforts that had been undertaken to rebuild the world. He apologised for not being there to keep them safe, for not visiting them sooner. He admittedly didn't know if his friends could hear him, but talking to them somehow soothed the pain.

"M'lord," Wallas said, clearing his throat, "You have been here for forty minutes, sir. There is little time before you must return to Sigil."

"Thank you, Wallas," Karion said, "Keep the place safe for me while I'm gone, yes?"

"Of course, m'lord."

Karion returned to his home, a small cottage Merra had picked out as the place she wanted to settle down with Karion once everything had returned to normal. It was quiet... Empty... Yet Karion could not stop to feel sorry for himself. At the end of his bed sat a chest made of mahogany and inlaid with an unusual metal that prevented anyone but Karion from opening it. Inside sat his equipment - sword, armour, cloak, crown, boots, even armbands and rings. Karion had found a great many artefacts of unimaginable power during his adventures and had found need of them all in the battles he had fought. He only hoped that they would suffice against a God.

Donning his gear, the Tiefling left his home, his lost friends and his world behind and returned to Sigil to await his final adventure.

Rakaydos
2013-10-02, 09:32 PM
Of Inevitability, there was nothing. No loose ends to tie up, no friends to say goodby to, no other comitments to defer. He only had Purpose- only WAS purpose, with no more free will than an angel.

He waited in sigil, biding time for when his Purpose was at hand. It would come all too soon.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-03, 10:20 AM
Zel'phir returns at the appointed time and place with his weapons, now ready to do battle against Tiamat and her allies.

Binks
2013-10-03, 03:25 PM
Kriv

Kriv, having already prepared himself for a battle of some kind based on the invitation, waits with Inevitability for the appointed time. He remains respectfully silent, understanding how futile it would be to try and make small talk with the sentinel, and appreciating the lack of need for discussion. There was a job to do after all, and Kriv would do his part, that much was guaranteed.

Shular
2013-10-03, 04:12 PM
Vor'gyr

While waiting for the last couple of people to arrive, Vor'gyr turns his mind to tactical matters. He turns to the Old Man, "is there anything we should know about Tiamat. Can she be poisoned? Does she have any vulnerabilities we can exploit, or resistances we should be aware of? My bow pierces the flesh with radiant energies, will it be effective against her?"

Irish Musician
2013-10-07, 02:59 PM
The Old Man
Once everyone arrives, having said he wanted to wait for everyone, the Old Man speaks to his knowledge of Tiamat's lair. "I cannot say with any certainty what exactly the lair will contain, however there are two very important facts you should know of her lair, so listen carefully." The Old Man pauses to make sure he has everyone's full attention. "There is a platform in which Tiamat conducts her business. She is always there, and as long as she is at home, she stays there. The platform itself is not easy to get to and has a very fatal trap connected to it, which needs to be taken care of before you battle her. The only way to get to her platform is to fly up to. Teleportation will not work, as she has wards around it for that very reason. What the trap is exactly, I know not, but my champion has had a first hand account of the trap, and will be able to tell you details about it when you arrive there." He pauses again, letting the information be soaked up. "There is another big danger you must take care of if you are to defeat Tiamat and not be overrun with her followers. There is a room, which is protected by her consort and controlled by him. He is able to call forth portals from anywhere and to anywhere and is master of those portals and the room. This room is how people visit Tiamat in her lair, when she wants them to, and how she is able to move armies from place to place so easily. He you must kill and, in doing so, will destroy the power of the room and cut off any possibility of reinforcements."

He then addresses the other issue, "Tiamat being a god, has many resistances, like myself. Poison doesn't affect her as it should, and as far as I am aware she has no wards against Radiant damage. But if I were her, in her current state, I might want to cast some wards on me for just that very thing. In case someone like myself came a knocking on her door. But like I said before, she has never been one to look at the long term plan. Any other questions?"

Infernally Clay
2013-10-07, 04:48 PM
"So we need to be stealthy, at least at first, until we kill this consort," Karion said, rubbing his chin, "A master of portals would be difficult to pin down and, if he warns Tiamat of our arrival, our job will become significantly more difficult."

"Fortunately, our two Drow friends here are good at being stealthy. Since the rest of us aren't anywhere near as difficult to notice," Karion paused for a second and chuckled, "it will fall to the two of you," Karion eyed Vor'gyr and Zel'phir, to sneak up on our first target and prevent him from escaping or warning his master. Then we'll gang up on him and kick his divine arse."

Irish Musician
2013-10-07, 09:46 PM
The Old Man
The Old Man pipes in, "I think you have mistaken my words. The consort will not be a divine being, but a dragon of untold power. Aside from Tiamat herself, he is the next most powerful being in her lair, and really most anywhere. And you need not worry about him telling Tiamat about you, he is proud enough to think he can destroy you without help from anyone else. If he went to her for help, at this moment, he would most likely be killed by her for showing weakness." The Old Man's face becomes grizzled with worry, "I must impress upon you the seriousness of the situation. Tiamat knows she is vulnerable....she is like a hurt wolf that is backed into a corner. She is scared and worried, and all the more dangerous because of it!"

Infernally Clay
2013-10-08, 08:31 AM
"Heh... It was more a turn of phrase, but duly noted all the same," Karion admitted, "You need not emphasise the danger we will be in, but their fear and arrogance will be the opening we need for victory. If Tiamat is vulnerable, we will kill her. We've come too far for anything less."

Shular
2013-10-08, 01:15 PM
Vor'gyr

"If we can't kill her underling, then we have no chance against HER. I think it would be a good warm-up. Yes, I think it makes sense for me to sneak in and, using the long range telepathy, let you know the situation. Then we can strike with foreknowlede."

"So, are we ready to go?"

Irish Musician
2013-10-08, 01:42 PM
"Do not worry. The consort won't be the only enemy we will have to get by to get to Tiamat herself, I assure you. We will definitely have our "warm up" before we get to her." Arjax ends with a sly smile showing off his pearly white, and very, very sharp, teeth. "And I am ready to depart when you are. I have been ready to kill Tiamat ever since I was called upon by Bahamut to serve the good and just ideals in the world as a child."

Binks
2013-10-08, 01:55 PM
Kriv

"I am prepared. Let us go and end this threat once and for all." Kriv says, standing.

Chambers
2013-10-08, 04:40 PM
Harp

"A moment." Harp says and flicks his hand towards the bit of astral stuff floating around his head. It drops to his hands and he kneads and stretches it like dough, pinching off a piece for each assembled except the Old Man and the Lady. The small fluffs of astral fly over and hover around each persons head. "You can let it be, or wear it as a button or put it in your pocket as your fashion. You'll be able to fly fast but it's not terribly useful for combat maneuvers. Keep it nearby and it'll send your thoughts to all the rest. No need to speak to announce our presence."

Fluff for the Overland Flight and Telepathic Bond rituals.

Infernally Clay
2013-10-08, 04:43 PM
"I've always wanted a ball of fluff," Karion said, "I shall call it George."

Realising he should probably be a little more serious, he nods, "I'm ready to leave."

Rakaydos
2013-10-12, 12:58 AM
Metal semed to flow like liquid, absorbing the ball of fluff into Inevitability's being. Otherwise, there seemed to be no change in the impassive construct.

Irish Musician
2013-10-14, 11:34 AM
The Old Man
The Old Man stands up from his seat, "I thank you all for your enormous contributions to this campaign," he says with a heavy sigh. "You all have given more than most and I am loathed to ask you for even one more battle.....but I must. I will watch over you and hope that you will all make it back. Before you go, I have a gift for each one of you..." The Old Man gathers a bird on one of his hands, and extends his arm out to you all. The bird flies over to Karion and lands on his shoulder. The other 5 birds do the same, landing on the shoulders of the rest of the party, save for Arjax. "These are my beloved servants and pets. In your time of need they will help you, all you need to do is call on them and you will unleash the might of Bahamut." He then turns to Zelphir and Harp, "Which one of you will be responsible for the portal to get you to my Champion?"

This is the item you will recieve from Bahamut:
Bahamut's Golden CanaryLevel 30 Uncommon

These harmless-seeming canaries are gold dragons in disguise.

Wondrous Item 0 gp
Power (Summoning) Consumable (Standard Action)

A summoned Large gold dragon appears under your control in an unoccupied space within 20 squares. The dragon has speed 8, fly 10 (hover) and, unlike a typical summoned creature, has its own defenses and hit points (all defenses 34; hp 120). Minor Action: +27 vs. AC; 1d12 + 10 damage. Opportunity Attack: +27 vs. AC; 1d12 + 10 damage.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-14, 06:40 PM
Zel'phir

Zel'phir nods wordlessly.

"I am ready. Just show me what I need to do and I will open the portal."

Irish Musician
2013-10-15, 11:17 AM
The Old Man closes his eyes and seems to go into a sort of trance-like state. After a few moments of meditation, he opens his eyes, "Zel'phir......he is here." The drow looks around for a moment, confused at to what the old man means. Then, just like that, an image comes into his head of a ghostly looking man standing in a large room. Immediately he starts saying the words and using the components needed to open a portal. Once the ritual is finished, a portal opens in the room next to Zel'phir.

When you step through the portal, you are transported to a dark, roughly hewn, humid room. There is a spirit standing before you, human, that looks like one of the most ornate looking man you have ever seen. His armor is on the verge of just being for show, and a large symbol of Bahamut is emblazoned on his plate's chest. He has a very large shield strapped to his back and a large sword hangs from his side.....all in spirit form. You look back through the portal and see the Old Man standing there, waving to you and looks like saying his last goodbye to you all, though you cannot hear him. You then turn back to the paladin, who raises a hand in greeting, "I am Berath, Holy Paladin of Almighty Bahamut. My Lord has told me of your coming. Ask me any questions you may have, and let us be going. There is much to do."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-15, 02:58 PM
Zel'phir

We have been sent to slay Tiamat, but first we need to kill her consort. If you can tell us how to get to him or what to expect on the way. Otherwise we would just need some sort of general directions.

Zel'phir added rather bluntly, "Also, we need to understand what killed you."

Shular
2013-10-15, 04:13 PM
Vor'gyr

Upon entering the chamber, Vor'gyr immediately goes into "stealth" mode. With a minimal effort, his companions can still see him, but to anyone else, he cannot be seen.

He quickly scans the room, looking for exits, resources, and anything else that might prove useful.

Passive Stealth score 54. Passive or active perception must equal or beat this for Vor'gyr to be seen (he can choose who it affects). Also, Vor'gyr's immune to scrying.

Perception check scanning the room: [roll0]. Probably not necessary, but who know what might be concealed. :smallsmile:

Binks
2013-10-15, 05:00 PM
Kriv

Kriv remains silent, allowing Zel'phir to speak for the group for the time being. He draws his weapon in as peaceful a manner as he can, simply wanting to be armed within Tiamat's lair, even if this area is safe, and glances about the room to confirm that it is as safe as he was led to believe.

Perception: [roll0]

Rakaydos
2013-10-15, 10:10 PM
Palm out, Inevitability began to scan the area. Over his other palm an illusionary map began to fill in with details both seen and unseen.

(map of orienteering)

Irish Musician
2013-10-16, 09:17 AM
Arjax steps through the portal and stretches out his wings. Immediately he unstraps his axe from his back and readies himself for the trials ahead. As soon as he sees Berath, he hold up a hand in greeting as well. "Hello brother. It is good to finally meet you, a legend among the followers of our god. I hope through your heroic efforts, we can finish your quest and finally slay the evil dragon goddess." Arjax looks around the room and a quizzical look comes over his face. "This room.....this room is protected. Did you do this Berath?"

Irish Musician
2013-10-16, 09:36 AM
Berath
Berath nods at the monk, "I shall lead you to his very doorstep, so to speak. He is in the heart of her lair, and there will be some obstacles in the way. There are still one or two broodmothers left, but that may not last long, not to mention some other protectors of Tiamat's....dragonborn, other dragons, etc. There is also the matter of Tiamat's platform. There is protection around her platform that is deadly. What it is, I do not know, but there is someone here that does. You may not like her, but she is our best hope to deactivating this protection." He pauses for a moment, "As to what killed me.....it was her consort, a terrible beast of fantastic power. Ancient he is, and even more powerful in the use of magic than normal dragons. He is a Dracolich, and the most powerful of his kind that has ever existed. Other that Tiamat, he will be your biggest hurdle to overcome. After the battle with him, you will definitely need to come back here to rest."

Seeing another follower of his god, Berath smiles, which you might guess he doesn't do much these days. "By the name of Bahamut.....another follower. And not just a follower, but infused with the power of Bahaumt himself....a gift, being human, I could never receive. It is an honor, Arjax, to finally meet you, for He has told me much of you. And to answer your question, yes. All the many years I have chose to stay here, I have fashioned this cavern and kept it protected from Tiamat's gaze. She is proud enough that she would never search her own lair for intruders, so I have been able to keep this place under guard all that time. Using my divine powers, a lot of which I still have in a limited capacity, I can create a door to this room to anywhere else in the dungeon....just call for me and the door that only you can see will appear. Step through it and you will end up back here. Do not worry, too much, about Tiamat suspecting anything. Unless you let one of her followers or protectors her to her, she will most likely not know anyone is here....given the state of her followers. They are in utter chaos. Is there anything else you have questions about?"

Binks
2013-10-16, 10:27 AM
Kriv

"Does her consort have any weaknesses you know of?" Kriv asks, figuring that, if he died fighting the beast, he might have found a weakness in the battle.

Chambers
2013-10-16, 08:14 PM
Harp

"Dracolich. Naturally." Harp says as he glide through the portal and takes stock of the room. "It's a bit stuffy in here." He nods to Vor'gyr and taps one of the rings on his right hand, a half-closed eye engraved on the band. He pokes at Berath's incorporeal form with his staff and shrugs. "No questions, just curious."

The ring in question is the Ring of Khirad: "You gain a +5 item bonus to Insight and Perception checks, and you can see invisible creatures and objects."

I bring it up not to thwart Vor'gyr's stealthiness, but as a reminder for our DM. If there's anyone skulking about Invisible Harp's got the goods on them.

Irish Musician
2013-10-17, 09:44 AM
Berath
"I know no weaknesses the monster has, at least I found none when I fought him. As you may know, he is in control of a portal room that he is able to send and receive people from many places. Well be weary, because he can open portals to anywhere.....including the Far realm. Many of my men went insane just by looking into the realm. He can open a portal and show you the most horrific, insanity inducing parts of the Farm Realm at will. I was not turned into a madman by the grace of Bahamut, but I watched as many of my men turned on themselves and attacked each other. Tearing themselves limb from limb. Then it was just I and a handful of men attacking the beast. He dispatched them quickly, and I held out for as long as I could. But in the end, even though I struck him some vicious blows, he won out....." Berath goes quiet for a moment as if remembering something very painful for him. He notices Harp's curiosity, "You need not worry about anyone else being in here. It is well protected and sealed. Nothing can come in here unless I want it to....or unless Tiamat herself came rampaging through. But if that happens, I'd imagine we have much bigger problems on our hands."

Once everyone arrives he beckons you to come with him, "Follow me, I will take you to someone who knows more about Tiamat's inner platform." He walks over to the wall near you and places his hand on it. A doorway appears and on the other side you see a very, very large hallway (from what you can tell at least) made of stone and scattered with bones of all kinds. He exits the room and, if you do follow him, takes you down a hallway. Something that may or may not surprise you is that the "hallway" you are walking in has no ceiling, so it is more like a canyon with very high walls on either side of you. You can see dragons above you flying, as well as airships full of, what you can guess are, dragonborns flying from the center on this lair, and they seem to be leaving. The dragons seem to be both fighting each other, as well as carrying out gold. Where this gold is coming from, but you could guess. Berath confirms your suspicions, "They must be taking it from Tiamat's personal gold and treasure stores. Things are so chaotic that she cares not if she is being robbed....."

Eventually you come to a very large cavern opening, and looking into and through the cavern's hallway, you see the bottom of what could be a platform. Berath steps forward and speaks out, "Theel, you snake, get out here!" From the shadows, strangely enough not seen by anyone, a Yuan-Ti comes slithering out, "Yesssss Berath. What issss it you want?"

Make any checks you wish to on the way to see Theel as well as making any "traveling desciption" you want in your post, and now that you have met her, here is somewhat of a skill encounter. Talk to her, ask her questions, and roll the appropriate skill. The better the rolls, the more info you get out of her. :smallsmile:

Infernally Clay
2013-10-17, 12:26 PM
Karion had kept somewhat silent during the exchange with Berath. When the group finally began to move, Karion inspected the dragonborn fighting amongst themselves as others simply ran with their arms filled with gold. The Tiefling was surprised by the lack of discipline he was seeing and sighed. If Tiamat were not so blinded by her pride, she would have been able to learn the same lesson Karion taught his own father - ruling by fear is a useless tactic because, without trust and mutual respect, a leader will only be abandoned when the time is right or someone stronger appears.

"So they're running off with Tiamat's gold," Karion said dryly, "I'd feel sorry for her if we weren't here to take something yet more valuable from her."

The group continued past this chaos above and entered a room from which a large snake woman called Theel appeared. Stepping forward, Karion answered her question.

"We seek information about where Tiamat rests. Specifically entrance points and layouts."

Diplomacy: [roll0]

Shular
2013-10-17, 12:45 PM
Vor'gyr

The scene above and all around draws Vor'gyr's attention. He is not especially saddened at the looting, though he does wonder how much wealth Tiamat, goddess of greed, would have in her innermost sanctum.

When Theel appears, Vor'gyr makes sure that she can't see him, and observes her responses to the questions of the other party members. <Ask about traps,> he sends telepathically to the rest of the group, so as not to reveal his presence.

Vor'gyr's not much on the social skills. He's got a decent wisdom, though, so...

Insight on Theel's responses: [roll0]

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-17, 01:12 PM
Zel'phir glides silently through the corridor, but at one point he decides to test the defenses of his current location. He attempts to bend space to shift himself slightly forward. Some places were warded against teleportation, he decided that he should try to see if this was one such place.

Once they met Theel, Zel'phir remained back and stayed quiet. He was not the talkative one, he learned through experience and direct observation. He observed both his surroundings in greater detail and the reactions of Theel as well.

Perception: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1]

Binks
2013-10-17, 02:39 PM
Kriv

Kriv follows in relative silence, keeping his eyes open for threats but ignoring the pandemonium above as mostly irrelevant.

As the Yuan-Ti slithers from the shadows Kriv makes sure the creature sees him and recognizes that this is not a group to be trifled with.

I'd like to attempt an Intimidate check, not to scare him, but more to make him aware that we are strong enough to challenge Tiamat. Kind of a 'sizing up' thing, want to make sure he doesn't think we're some group of low level adventurers foolishly going to our deaths who may betray him but are rather a group strong enough he doesn't need to worry about feeding us information if that makes sense.

[roll0]

Rakaydos
2013-10-18, 05:28 PM
Inevitability watches his magical map, keeping an eye out for potential ambush sites as he follows the party in silence.

Irish Musician
2013-10-21, 11:54 AM
Theel
"Why don't you ssssettle down there Warden. You don't sssscare me. Sssso is thisss it? Jussst the ssssix of you againssst Tiamat? I find mysssself a little disssappointed that thissss is all the mighty Bahamut could mussster. Well, it isss your funeralsss." She then turns to Karion, "Well, you need look no further to find Tiamat'sss lair, for it isss right in front of you. Jussst down thisss hallway you will find her platform high up in the sssky. Though, that part issssn't so easy to get to, me thinkssss. There isss sssome protection she hasss against such an intrusssion."

You sense that she is telling the truth. And no one seemed to ask about the traps you suggested asking about.

You don't see anything that is particularly an immediate threat. Other than all the dragons and dragonborn hauling ass out of this place. As for the insight, you get that she is telling the truth, but that there is something she hasn't told you yet.

You get the feeling that Theel isn't very impressed by your display of "toughness" :smallamused:

What do you guys do now. At this point, now that you are here, all your actions will be determined by you all and I will not be railroading anything, pretty much, for the rest of the crawl.

Irish Musician
2013-10-21, 12:00 PM
"Tell me, is that a symbol of Zehir around your neck? What interest does he have in this?" Arjax then looks at Theel with some very piercing eyes, "Speak ill of my Lord again, and we shall have words, you and I. Now, what else are you holding back from us?"

Doing a couple of rolls first, then I will make me a post
Religion - [roll0]
Insight - [roll1]

Shular
2013-10-21, 12:18 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr sighs and allows Theel to see him. "Since we know your name, it is only fair that you know ours. I am Vor'gyr, perhaps you have heard of me?" He doesn't give Theel a chance to respond as he continues. "What sort of protection do you refer to, creatures, or traps? I have some skill in disabling traps, perhaps we can bypass them?" He has never been one for social skills, but he tries to present a cordial face. The information Theel had could save lives, particularly his own.

Diplomacy (ugh) check to make Theel more positively inclined: [roll0]

Hearing Arjax mention Zehir, Vor'gyr smiles. "Zehir, eh?" he says to Theel, "I performed a 'service' for the high priest of Zehir a while back, and earned somewhat of your lord's favor." <Don't worry,> he thinks telepathically at the rest of the group, <they were deserving of their fates.>

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-21, 04:24 PM
Zel'phir

"We are not looking for her lair yet. We seek first the lair of her consort, then we will deal with her. I'm sure I can find a way to make it worth your while to be more open with your answers. Though I suspect money is the least of your worries."

Irish Musician
2013-10-22, 01:25 AM
Theel
Once Vor'gyr starts speaking, Theel seems to forget about the comments of Arjax, though she keeps one eye on him while speaking with the drow. "Ah yesss, I do know of you and the thingsss you did for our priesstsss." She looks Vor'gyr up and down and gives, what you can assume is, a smirk,"For thisss I will tell you what most have no clue about. Tiamat'sss platform is guarded by a very powerful trap. It isss a dissstentigration beam, and if you were to try and fly up there, you would be sssurely maimed, if not killed. To completely dissarm it, you must kill the remaining broodmothersss that have ssstayed. There are two of the five ssstill here. Asss for her consssort, he isss directly under the room with her platform, through thisss cavernss entrance. If you so dare, follow me."

Shular
2013-10-23, 12:33 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr nods. This was what he was afraid of. They'd have to get to Tiamat the lang way. "Very well," he replies to Theel, "take us to the consort, but not too close. I don't want to reveal our presence and ruin the surprise." :smallamused:

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-25, 08:01 AM
Zel'phir nodded, waiting to be led forward. He kept to the shadows where possible.

[roll0]

Chambers
2013-10-25, 08:28 AM
Harp

<< Snakes. Never trust a snake. >> Harp communicates to the others as he floats behind the group. "What's the beam powered by? I'm guessing the preserved heart of an evil dragon."

Irish Musician
2013-10-25, 11:31 AM
Theel
As Theel leads you down the large, cavernous hallway you start to hear very odd sounds echoing through the tunnel. It almost sounds like roars, but very distorted. Theel laughs at Harp's question, "Yesss, ssssomething like that. They are pressserved.....in ancient broodmother dragonsss. To kill or disssplace the broodmother, isss to deactivate one of the five beamssss." You reach the end of the tunnel and peer into the large cylindrical pit that you are at the bottom of at the moment. You see five large, stone dragons that circle the bottom of the pit, each of which is a corresponding color of chromatic dragons. Each has their mouths open, and just to the right of the exit of the tunnel, there is another entrance to a tunnel. "Thessse are the entrancesss to the broodmother'sss lairsss. That entrance to our right isss the entrance to her consssort'sss room. Let usss hope that he doesssn't dessstroy you." Theel seems to be mainly talking to Vor'gyr when she speaks. "Good Luck, Zehir will be watching you." Theel then backs into the shadows, leaving you with Bareth, who then speaks up. "Good Luck from me as well. Bahamut shall be watching over you. Take whichever road you wish to take first, but do it as quick as you can. Each moment we waste is a moment Tiamat has to get a hold of her followers once again. Call my name when you need a door, and one shall appear and the safe haven you will be in once again. Until I see you again." Bareth lifts his hand in a goodbye, and disappears before your eyes.

Shular
2013-10-25, 03:40 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr turns to the rest of the party. "It's time to decide," he says, declining to make use of the group's telepathic connection. "If the consort is more powerful than the broodmothers, we might want to attack him first so that we are at our full resources. On the other hand, if the broodmothers are easier targets, we might be able eliminate them before our presence is noted."

He pauses, then continues. "I vote for the broodmothers first. Some of us have never worked together, and I think the softer target would be good for helping us learn each other's strengths and methods. Good teamwork will be needed to kill the dragon goddess."

Binks
2013-10-25, 04:30 PM
Kriv

"Agreed. The broodmothers should be our first target." Kriv says simply, nodding at Vor'gyr's words as he observes how the other will respond.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-25, 05:01 PM
Zel'phir shakes his head, pointing out a potential flaw in the plan.

"But if the consort is alerted to an attack, he could bring more enemies to bear against us. I think he is much too dangerous to ignore."

Infernally Clay
2013-10-27, 01:26 PM
"The best strategy is to take out the consort as quickly as possible while we still have the element of surprise and are at our strongest," Karion said, "If we don't kill him, then what purpose would disabling the beam even have?"

Chambers
2013-10-27, 02:26 PM
Harp

<< Taking out the broodmothers will weaken their defenses, and we'll need all the help we can get. I vote for the mothers. >> Harp thinks as he floats on his bit of astral.

Irish Musician
2013-10-27, 02:55 PM
Arjax stays silent for a moment, listening to all the sides of the debate. He then adds his opinion into the mix, "I will do what the group decided, but I too think we should take out at least one of the broodmothers. Vor'gyr is right. We know of each others exploits, and some of us have even fought together. But I wouldn't want to go up against the second most powerful being around, without first testing how well we work together. My vote is for the mothers as well."

Shular
2013-10-27, 04:35 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr nods. "It would seem to be decided, then. Broodmothers first, at least one of them. If it's any consolation," he adds, looking at Karion, "things seem to be pretty chaotic, so the consort probably won't even know what is happening."

With that, Vor'gyr slips back into stealth mode, moving ahead towards one of the broodmother entrances, and uses the telepathic connection with the rest of the party to mentally say <Hold back at the entrance while I scout ahead. If there's trouble, I'll be sure to let you know.> The humour behind the thought is noticable. Now that something is happening, Vor'gyr's mood seems to have improved.

Passive Stealth: 54 (to not be seen)
Passive Perception: 38
Blindsight 10
Stealth (moving silently to remain undetected): [roll0]
Assuming the entryway is some kind of passage, Perception roll once he gets to a "room": [roll1]

Irish Musician
2013-10-27, 04:51 PM
"To the broods it is then." Arjax takes a step forward but then stops. "Hmmm," he looks quizzically at the entrances. "Did anyone think to ask which broods were still here?"

:smallamused:

Shular
2013-10-27, 05:09 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr responds <that's why I'm scouting ahead. Sans any signs, we'll need to check one entrance at a time, although...>. He pauses in his thought and takes a moment to examine each of the dragon entrances, looking for differences, or something that might indicate a broodmistress's presence.

Infernally Clay
2013-10-27, 05:11 PM
Karion merely patted the Dragonborn's shoulder, "Now where would the fun be in that?"

Binks
2013-10-28, 10:32 AM
"Does it matter? We will have to defeat them regardless of which they are, and I doubt we will need any special preparations for any of them." Kriv says, waiting patiently for the scout's report as he prepares himself for battle.

Shular
2013-10-29, 02:07 PM
Vor'gyr

After examining the dragon heads, Vor'gyr smiles and sends back to the party <poison and fire. Green first, then the red. Come up to the entrance while I move in to check it out.>

He then makes his way into the green dragon mouth.

K, now the rolls I made above come into play.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-10-31, 10:25 AM
Zel'phir follows Vor'gyr's direction and sneaks into the mouth of the green dragon. He peers in through the shadows to see what he can.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Binks
2013-10-31, 11:58 AM
Kriv waits at the door for the signal to move in, recognizing that his skills do not include subtlety or stealth.

Shular
2013-10-31, 09:43 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr frowns in annoyance as Zel'phir comes stomping up beside him. <Ruin our ambush,> he thinks at the other drow, <and we might have to have some words later, assuming your blundering doesn't get us killed.>

Chambers
2013-10-31, 10:16 PM
Harp

<< Hey...I'm no thief, but if you want to be stealthy maybe try not talking out loud. >> Harp shakes his head and floats forward through the green dragon maw.

Stealth [roll0]

Passive Insight / Perception 47

Infernally Clay
2013-11-01, 08:07 AM
"You can all bicker at each other later," Karion said sharply through the telepathic connection , "Focus on the mission."

He would have slapped each of them on the back of the head, but his armour was heavy and he wasn't going to risk the mission. He'd wait until the others had secured a path first.

Shular
2013-11-01, 08:23 AM
Vor'gyr

<And THIS is why I wanted us to develop some teamwork first. Harp, what part of "let me scout ahead" didn't you understand?> You can actually hear the sigh in Vor'gyr's telepathic voice.

Irish Musician
2013-11-01, 08:40 PM
Vor'gyr scouted ahead, and not seeing anything out of the ordinary, called to the other to follow him. About three-quarters the way down the tunnel, you all step into water. It isn't deep, about ankle deep, but it does make walking down the tunnel a little harder to do quietly. As you near the end of the tunnel, a fetid, foul smell hits our nostrils, and when you look into the room you see hundreds of large pine trunks floating everywhere. In the center of the room you see a gargantuan sized green dragon, wings spread out, and even though it is enormous, its belly is engorged even larger than you would think. Looking slightly under her belly, you see large, curved lumps beneath her. On the inside of her wingspan, you see two dragonborn, both green as well, but very pale looking and dressed quite fancily, despite being in the bog-like room.

At the end of the tunnel someone, and we won't point fingers who, makes a little too loud of a splash in the ankle-deep water. The dragon swings its large head in your direction and looks directly at you all. Her nostrils flair and she says something to her two companions then she speaks to you, "Come in to my home, please. Let us speak a moment."

Infernally Clay
2013-11-01, 09:03 PM
"And what a fine home it is," Karion offered with a bow, "I assume you can tell why we're here."

After pausing a moment, "In our task we stand resolved to do anything, yet that does not mean we seek to needlessly spill blood. We only need you to... Disappear for a little while. Do that and we'll let you live. Try to fight and we will kill you... And your children."

Intimidate: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2013-11-01, 11:23 PM
The Broodmother's mouth turns into an odd angle, showing off her teeth, and an odd sound coming from her throat comes out. You can only assume this is a chuckle, but you can feel it in your bones, and her face turns serious "Of course I am aware of your intentions. I have a very interesting choice here. One one hand, I could order my wonderful champions here to kill you as well, and defend my eggs like a mother would her children. And if you have ever seen a dragon mother defend her roost, you would do well to worry." She then pauses and looks at you all, a smirk coming across her face, "Then again, Tiamat has fallen once and many of the other broods have fled, due to the chaos that is Tiamat's followers now. And the only reason I have not is quite obvious to you. So tell me.....why should I not just simply kill you and feat upon your entrails, keeping them for my young when they hatch?" She then sees Arjax's symbols on his armor, "Ah, I see Bahamut has taken an interest into this little opportunity, of course he has. I see he has also gifted you with presents of his canaries," giving another "chuckle". She then focuses on Kriv, "You, dragonborn, I see no mark of the good dragon on you. Whom do you serve?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-02, 06:25 AM
"I doubt you could catch me," Zel'phir retorts arrogantly. "Personally I'd much rather kill you than let you walk out of here."

Zel'phir calmly loads his crossbow while talking.

Infernally Clay
2013-11-02, 08:55 AM
"Is there need for pointless bravado? It seems everywhere I go, someone regurgitates the same empty threats," Karion asked, "You know why we are here and you must realise we are strong enough to achieve our goal. If you send your champions against us they will fall, as would you."

Motioning to Zel'phir, "As you can see, some of us aren't here on Bahamut's bidding. For us, this is a little more personal - so we need no excuse to start a fight. I'm giving you a chance here to leave with your lives before we forget ourselves."

Binks
2013-11-02, 03:10 PM
Kriv

Kriv takes flight, draconic wings sprouting from his back and taking him up just a few feet, as the party hits the water. He may or may not have bumped into the tunnel's ceiling, causing the original splash, but he remains silent as the bargaining begins until the broodmother addresses him directly.

With a smirk on his face he answers the broodmother's question with a single word, spoken as if it were a challenge.

"Io."

Shular
2013-11-03, 05:13 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr makes no effort to reveal his presence. Instead, he silently flies to a more advantageous location in the room, and prepares to make a surprise attack while the dragon is talking to the others. <Keep her talking, and be ready for my signal,> he sends to the rest of the party.

Stealth to remain hidden: [roll]1d20+49
Will say where he is (and will attack), once we have a battle map.

Irish Musician
2013-11-06, 06:09 PM
Arjax has not said much as of yet, but at the mention and the insult against his god, he has had enough, "You shall keep your forked tongue behind your teeth, wretched dragon! Bahamut has sent us here to kill Tiamat and end her tyraanical reign, however..." he pauses and ends his sentence in draconic "....I shall put my axe through your head with no problem, DIE GREEN MONSTROSITY!!!!"

Combat away! Initiative order will be on the map on the far right hand side, you can put combat conditions on there, such as prone, stunned, -2 to attacks UEMNT, or what have you. Things of that nature.

Before we really get going, however, I need Rak, Clay, and Chambers to fill their character stats in on the Character Stats tab. Thanks guys!

Shular
2013-11-06, 07:12 PM
Vor'gyr

Seeing Arjax forcing the issue, Vor'gyr grimaces. <Fine,> he sends to the group, <when I attack, feel free to do your charging in.>

Not knowing the initiatives at this point, Vor'gyr is requesting those who beat him in initiave delay until he's had a chance to att.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-07, 03:36 PM
Zel'phir

The word "Fine" reaches his head and Zel'phir is already off, not even waiting for the sound of a shot. His cloak billows with wind and lifts him off the ground with a mighty gust.

Swiftly he closes the gap, hovering feet away from the dragon and her guardians. With a fluid swirl of his arms, Zel'phir gathers the wind beneath his cloak, holding it into a ball like a giant balloon. With a snap of his wrists, an opening forms along the edge of the cloak blowing the gust of wind towards the dragon, the guardians, and the clutches of eggs. The winds force the dragons and one of the guardians onto the logs holding them fast. Zel'phir then tosses his dagger at the dragon and fires a grazing shot at the other with his crossbow.

Zel'phir then retreats as quickly as he approached, his cloak putting the pool of logs between himself and the dragons again.

Effect: You fly up to a number of squares equal to your speed + 4. If you do not land at the end of this movement, you land safely in the nearest unoccupied square at the start of your next turn.

Fly to Q25.
Damage: [roll0]
Attack vs Dragon[roll1] Fortitude
Attack vs V1[roll2] Fortitude
Attack vs V2[roll3] Fortitude
Attack vs Eggs[roll4] Fortitude

Hit: Slide 3 and immobilize until the end of Zel'phir's next turn.

If I need more attacks vs the Eggs, let me know. I get all the squares marked eggs in my blast.
Convert both Minor actions to an extra move action.

Fly to X33.
9 damage each to the Dragon and V2.

Shular
2013-11-07, 04:06 PM
Vor'gyr

Rolling his eyes at Zel'phir's eagerness, Vor'gyr moves as smoothly, if not as quickly, as the other drow. He takes a moment to focus his hunter's instincts on the green dragon, then fires two arrows in rapid succession, preliminary shots intended to test the enemy's defenses. The arrows transform into light even as they spring from the bow, the flash breifly illuminating Vor'gyr's outline. Not wanting to stay where his presence was revealed, he flies clockwise around the room, ending adjacent to the east wall, where he attempts to conceal his presence.

Minor: Quarry the dragon
Standard: Twin Strike on dragon
Attack 1: [roll0] (+1 prime shot, +2 CA)
Hit 1: [roll1] radiant damage
Attack 2: [roll2] (+1 prime shot, +2 CA)
Hit 2: [roll3] radiant damage
If at least 1 attack hits: Quarry damage [roll4]
Move: Move to D29 and make stealth check [roll5]

Chambers
2013-11-07, 06:02 PM
Harp

Stepping down off his bit of astral fluff Harp listens to the threats bandied about. He walks forward and hops onto the floating logs, walking from one to the next as they seem to perfectly line up for him. "You've caused much pain and suffering in your time. You've got a lot to pay pennance for." Harp says to the dragon as he raises the holy symbol around his neck. Bright light shine from within and streaks towards the dragon.

He glances over his shoulder at Karion and Kriv, motioning towards the dragon. "Come on, don't mind the logs."

Move to 32L, ignoring the difficult terrain.
Standard Blood Debt on the dragon.
Minor Divine Call. Karion and Kriv are pulled 3 squares.

Blood Debt (Symbol of Power +6)
Attack [roll0] vs Will
Hit [roll1] radiant damage. Until the end of my next turn, each creature that the target attacks gains a +8 bonus to it's next attack roll against the target.

I'm also posting his most likely immediate reaction.
Immediate Reaction
Close Burst 5
Target: Each enemy in the burst
Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of you or an ally with an attack
Effect: The target is knocked prone, immobilized and takes a -1 penalty to saving throws until the end of my next turn.

Infernally Clay
2013-11-07, 06:38 PM
Karion wasn't quite sure what to think of the events unfolding before his eyes. He had spent so long leading armies that he had forgotten what it was like to be in a group comprised of those of equal strength. While they would still need his guidance and support, Karion knew they didn't need his direction...

And that meant he could let loose. More importantly, it meant he could focus on annoying the dragon as much as possible.

Move: To O28
Standard: Break the Tempo

Target: Dragon
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC
Hit: [roll1]+23 damage.
Effect: If the target attacks before the end of your next turn, you can use an immediate interrupt to move 4 squares and make a melee basic attack against the target. If you deal damage, the target takes a penalty to its attack roll equal to your Intelligence modifier.

Binks
2013-11-07, 11:42 PM
Kriv, slightly slower than his allies to note that battle has begun, raises his blade and flies towards the broodmother, positioning himself as her closest target as he lets loose a blast of lightning from his mouth, accompanied as it splits the air by a burst of thunder.

Can't charge (as I need my minor after), no movement boosting powers...oh well, double move it is :P.

Double move (fly 8) to J26, hovering just above the water (effectively no height, but not in the water).

Minor action - Dragons Breath, close blast 6 from K25 to P20 (targets all enemies I can see)
Atk vs. Reflex
Broodmother: [roll0]
V1: [roll1]
V2: [roll2]
Eggs: [roll3]

(let me know if I need more rolls for the eggs)

Hit:
Better of [roll4] or [roll5] thunder and lightning damage (ignores resistances)
Target is dazed until the end of my next turn
I will forgo the various pushes as I don't really want them any further out than the already are.

Effect:
Targets are marked by me (hit or miss)
I get +2 reflex and +2 atk/dmg on thunder and lightning attacks until the next of my next turn and +3 to my next damage roll.

Possible Immediates (in priority order)
1. If I get flanked at any time I'll Draconic Sidestep, shifting 1sq and using my Dragon's Breath on the largest group of enemies (even though it's expended, part of the power). If this happens it'll be a 33 vs. reflex (from the bonus to thunder/lightning powers) for better of two rolls of 3d10+23, otherwise same effects as above.
2. If an ally within 10 gets slapped with a very bad save ends effect (stunned, dominated, or something else that would badly mess them up) I'll use my gloves of camaraderie to take that effect myself instead. If it's bad enough I may use my no action divine resistance to make the save immediately.
3. If I get slapped with something really really bad that's save ends I'll use Cleansing Earth to make an immediate save with a +10 bonus. Else I'll be trusting my Font of Life to get rid of anything that's not horrible.

Irish Musician
2013-11-08, 01:56 AM
Arjax sees the trouble Harp has on the logs and knows for a fact he wouldn't fair any better. He spreads his wings wide and takes off, flying to near where the dragon's "consorts" are. He raises his axe in front of him and yell out to the beast, "As my friend says, you have much to pay for, she dragon. We shall burn your sins away with Bahamut's radiant glory!" Then his axe glows with radiant energies and it fires a large ball of energy at his enemies.

Actions
Move x2 - to get to O26
Minor - Turn Undead ( can use on Dragons) VS Will
Dragon - [roll0]
V1 - [roll1] +8 to dmg
V2 - [roll2] +8 to dmg
Damage - [roll3] + [roll4], and you push the target a number of squares up to 5. The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Miss - 1/2 dmg and I still push them

Religion on the V's - [roll5]
Arjax notices something odd about these dragonborn and then is dawns on him and yells to his comrades, "These dragonborn are UNDEAD!!"

Irish Musician
2013-11-08, 01:51 PM
Dragon
The Brood Mother, getting jerked around her home and shot at, has now reached her breaking point. And at the sight of some of her eggs being broken, the Brood Mother flies into a rage, swiping at where she thinks Vor'gyr is, and at Kriv.

Actions
Immobilized so she can't move anywhere, but she can strike, and she is now quite pissed off.
Double attack, all one power, so it includes Kriv
Kriv - [roll0]
Vor - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2]
Minor - Against Kriv vs Will [roll3]
Damage - Target slides to J25

The next turns depend on this one, so I am doing them in a second.

Irish Musician
2013-11-08, 02:02 PM
V2
The Dragonborn Vampire, as now you know them, realizes his beloved is too far from his reach, but he is not able to move. He then stares down the cloest enemy to him, Kriv.

Actions
Minor - VS Will [roll0]
Damage - You. Are. Dominated.(save ends), with a -2 to saves. When you save, the after affect is being Dazed(save ends).

Shular
2013-11-08, 02:07 PM
Vor'gyr

Seeing the great beast's claw coming at him, Vor'gyr manages to move out of the way, shifting away from the creature's reach. He does so as stealthily as possible, and releases an attack of his own.

Immediate Interrupt: Duck and Draw (Encounter power)
Effect: Shift to J33
Stealth: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2]
(Plusses assume successfully hidden)
Effect: No longer hidden, though still unseen.

Irish Musician
2013-11-08, 02:15 PM
Angels of Tiamat
With the sound of the Green Broodmother's cries and roars, something comes up from the logs of the marsh you are all standing in, or floating over. Many Angels come flying from, seemingly, out of no where armed with Greatswords covered in fire.

Actions
Moves - They are all able to move to the squares in which they landed.
Stanards
AT1 - [roll0] vs AC on Zel
AT2 - [roll1] vs AC on Zel
AT3 - [roll2] vs AC on Zel
AT4 - [roll3] vs AC on Karion
AT5 - [roll4] vs AC on Karion
AT6 - [roll5] vs AC on Arjax
AT7 - [roll6] vs AC on Harp
AT8 - [roll7] vs AC on Harp
AT9 - [roll8] vs AC on Kriv
AT10 - [roll9] vs AC on Kriv
Damage - if hit, you get 15 fire damage

V1
The vampires dragonborn most affected by Arjax's blast cannot move, and stares at the Dragonborn cleric, knowing that his first target shall be after he is able to move again.

Inevitable's turn!!

Infernally Clay
2013-11-08, 02:26 PM
"You'll need to burn hotter than that to hurt me!" Karion shouted, unphased by the angelic attacks, "Let me show you how hot my soul burns!"

Encounter Power: Infernal Wrath.
Target: AT4
Damage: [roll0] fire damage.

Chambers
2013-11-08, 02:33 PM
Harp

"Gulp!" Harp says as he slips on one of the logs and falls hard. As he goes down he sees the angels coming up. "Incoming!" He shouts and a bout of fire erupts from his holy symbol.

Armor of Wrath
Immediate Reaction
Close Burst 5
Target: Each enemy in the burst (AT 7, 8, & 4)
Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of you or an ally with an attack
Effect: The target is knocked prone and pushed 2 squares, takes [roll0] fire and radiant damage and takes a -1 penalty to saving throws until the end of my next turn.

Sheet. (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQcUJ8mnBXGU1VXN01zeWd1dkE/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1)

Irish Musician
2013-11-08, 02:37 PM
Angels of Tiamat
As soon as Harp and Karion unleash their counterattacks, the angels are hit with their powers. The angels then seem to burst, spraying poison everywhere, not seeming to hit their own, but their enemies.

Immediate Reaction
For AT4 AT7 & AT8, the explode in a burst 3. Any enemies in the burst get 20 poison damage, with an ongoing 10 poison (save ends), so Karion, Arjax, Vor, and Harp.

Rakaydos
2013-11-08, 05:53 PM
Taking a step foreward, Inevitability launches itself out of the water. easilly clearing the head of his companion, he Sails over the logs, landing on the far side and quickly charging the dragon.

Athletics check: or [roll1] to jump the logs. (will be greater than a single move action, jump will continue into charge action.

Aiming to end charge action in D26

Threatening rush: [roll2] [roll3] Vorpal (Possible: [roll]d4,d4,d4)
Dragon is marked for -3

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-08, 07:06 PM
As the winds beneath Zel'phir's cloak subsides, he lightly floats to the ground leaving the angels high in the air. But no sooner does he touch down than he immediately springs up over the logs.

He gathers the pain and fury of his wounds and flies directly towards the dragon, stopping short before unleashing that rage in a furious blast of power.

Move to P26, height 20'
Converting two minor actions to a move action.

Effect: Move your speed +2. You can move through enemies during this move.

Move to I22, height 10'

Close Burst 2
Dragon: [roll1] vs Fortitude
V2: [roll2] vs Fortitude
AT10: [roll3] vs Fortitude
Hit: Slide the target 1 square and it is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Slide Dragon to F22:H24
Slide V2 to I21
Effect: You shift 3 squares to a square in the burst.
Shift to I23, height 5'.
The attack hits the dragon and crits V2 (39 damage, ongoing 20). More pain incoming in the next post.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-08, 07:25 PM
When the wicked knife hits a vital spot on the vampire, Zel spins around and take a point blank shot with his crossbow at dragon that catches the beast unaware for a split second. The bolt leaves the crossbow, becoming 2 in an instant.

Ranged Basic Attack with Hand Crossbow.
Ammunition: Dual Arrow +4 (Roll the attack roll twice and take the higher) - 99 remaining

Attack vs Dragon: [roll1] vs Reflex
Attack vs Dragon: [roll2] vs Reflex

Zel'phir then follows up with a flurry of attacks that further injure the dragon and his guardian as well as causing several angels to burst into poison.

Deals 9 damage to Dragon, AT10, AT9 and AT6.

Angel Explosion
40 poison damage to Kriv
20 to Arjax and Karion.

As each angel drops, the dragon takes an additional 5 damage. (15 Total)

Shular
2013-11-08, 08:02 PM
Vor'gyr

Seeing the threat the new creatures pose, Vor'gyr stealthily flies to a more central space, higher up, then unleashes a barrage of arrows around the battlefield, radiant streaks flying from him like fireworks at a summer festival.

Move: Fly to P31, height 20'
Standard: Hail of Arrows

Attack on Broodmother: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] plus [roll3] (quarry) radiant damage

Attack on V1: [roll4]
Hit: [roll5] radiant damage

Attack on V2: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7] radiant damage

Attack on AT1: [roll8]
Hit: [roll9] radiant damage

Attack on AT2: [roll10]
Hit: [roll11] radiant damage

Attack on AT3: [roll12]
Hit: [roll13] radiant damage

Attack on AT5: [roll14]
Hit: [roll15] radiant damage

With a shake of his odd, fungus-like, headgear, Vor'gyr easily brushes off any remaining poisonous residue, taking no harm from the vile stuff.

Chambers
2013-11-09, 07:41 AM
Harp

The bit of astral fluff swoops down to Harps feet and he lurches onto it, flying up and above the logs and hops down next to Inevitability. "Watch out, they're slippery." He says before glancing over at the dragon. "You're a big one. Roll over! Play dead!"

<< Kriv! Take a breather. >>

Minor? Activate Broom of Flying
Move Fly to 26E
Free? Hop off broom
Standard Seal of the Heretic on Dragon, V1, and V2
Action Point Word of the Gods on Dragon and V2

Seal of the Heretic
Attack vs Dragon Will [roll0]
Attack vs V1 Will [roll1]
Attack vs V2 Will [roll2]
Hit [roll3] damage and the targets take a -5 penalty to all saving throws before the end of my next turn.

Word of the Gods
Attack vs Dragon Will [roll4]
Attack vs V2 Will [roll5]
Hit The target is dominated (save ends)
Aftereffect [roll6] psychic damage
Miss [roll7] psychic damage

Action Point Effect: Kriv may spend a healing surge.
Encounter Power Effect: One person within line of sight may make a saving throw.
Encounter Power Effect: Harp gains 15 Temp HP.

The Dragon and V2 take a -7 total penalty to their first save against Dominated.

Sheet (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQcUJ8mnBXGU1VXN01zeWd1dkE/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1)

Powers Used: Divine Call, Seal of the Heretic, Blood Debt, Word of the Gods, Armor of Wrath, Action Point.

Infernally Clay
2013-11-09, 08:59 AM
With a quick nod of thanks to Harp for the blessing, Karion moved into action. "Who we align ourselves with is irrelevant," he shouted to the broodmother, "But none can question the strength of our conviction!"

Rallying the group, Karion swung his sword in a wide arc with enough force to topple a mountain... But at thin air.

Saving Throw vs Poison: [roll0]

Move: To M23.
Minor: Strength of Conviction

Daily. Close Burst 5. Each ally in burst (Zel'phir, Kriv and Arjax) may spend a healing surge. Until the end of the encounter, all your healing powers restore the maximum number of hit points possible.
Standard: Disrupting Advance, using the Blade of the Eldritch Knight's effect to give the attack reach 5.

Target: V2
Attack: [roll1] vs AC.
Hit: [roll2]+23 damage, and you push the target 2 squares (to G21) and knock it prone. The target and each enemy adjacent to the target at the end of the push are slowed until the end of your next turn.
No Action: Sustaining Cloak power to sustain Break the Tempo.

When a power or an effect you could sustain would end, you sustain that power without using the action normally required (sustaining it on subsequent rounds still requires the appropriate action).

...then the dragonborn closest to the great dragon felt the blow. Knocked ten feet into the air, the dragonborn stumbled into the broodmother and lost its footing.

Binks
2013-11-09, 02:34 PM
Font of Life save vs. the ongoing at start of turn.
[roll0]

Taking a deep breath Kriv smirks as he stares at the broodmother.

"Is this the best that a broodmother of Tiamat can offer? I'm disappointed." he says before turning to face the angel on Arjax. With a burst of breath he tries to shove it away and destroy it before turning back to the Broodmother.

Standard Second Wind. I heal 66hp, recharge dragon's breath, get a +4 to all my defenses until the end of my next turn and deal 6 lightning damage to all creatures I have marked (there's an extra minor effect to any enemies within 2, but there are none, so it doesn't happen)

Minor Dragon's Breath, L23 to Q28, targets AT5, grants Arjax and Karion a +1 untyped bonus to attacks until the end of my next turn instead of being targeted (bolstering breath)

[roll1] vs. AT5's reflex

Hit: [roll2] or [roll3] thunder and lightning damage (ignores resistances)
Pushed 12sq before it bursts (I'm assuming)

Effect: Even if I miss it it's marked, +2 to my reflex and +2 atk/dmg with next thunder or lightning attack, +3 damage to next attack if I hit

Move Fly to H21

Action Point Triggers a free (even if expended) dragon's breath from Dragon Breath Action. Targeting D22 to I26, so Broodmother and Zel, Harp and Inevitability get +1 untyped to next attack.

[roll4] vs. Broodmother's Reflex

Hit - [roll5] or [roll6] (+3 if I hit the angel) thunder and lightning damage, ignores resist/immunity. Dazed until end of my next turn, I forgo the push.

Effect - Marked, +2 will again until end of my next turn, +3 damage to next attack if I hit.

Actual attack from the action point
Lightning Explosion
Melee (broodmother)
[roll7] vs. AC

Hit - [roll8] (+3 if I hit with the last dragon's breath) lightning damage and V1, V2, and AT5 are slid 3 sq (I don't move V1 or V2, move AT5 as far from Arjax as possible if it's still there) and re-mark them until end of my next turn. They also take 6 auto lightning damage.

Summary (after reviewing above rolls) Everyone on our team is bolstered (+1 untyped bonus to attack rolls until my next turn)
Broodmother and V1/V2 remain marked until my next turn
I take 10 poison at start of turn (still not sure how much damage I've actually taken so have not yet recorded this)
Broodmother - 6 lightning damage, If 36 vs. ref hits 31 damage and dazed, if 49 vs. AC hits 35 lightning damage
V1 - 6 lightning damage, if 49 vs. AC hits broodmother, 6 lightning damage
V2 - 6 lightning damage, if 49 vs. AC hits broodmother, 6 lightning damage
AT5 - If 36 vs. ref hits it's dead and 12sq from Arjax when it explodes, if 49 vs. AC hits broodmother, dies and is 4sq from Arjax when it explodes.

Irish Musician
2013-11-10, 09:46 AM
Arjax grips his axe and flies over to the broodmother. He then unleashes his powerful breath, covering both the brood mother, her dragonborn, and kriv in a freezing blast. While the cold is harsh and bitter to his enemies, to Kriv it is refreshing and empowering. Arjax then swings his axe, striking at the brood and empowering an ally.

Actions
Move - Fly to I21
Minor - Dragon's Breath vs Ref
Dragon - [rollv]1d20+32[rollv]
V2 - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] cold damage, and Kriv gets +1 to attacks UEMNT
Standard - Smiting Symbol on the Brood vs AC [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], and Zel gains a +2 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn. He or she also gains temporary hit points equal to 18, whether this hits or not Zel gets this bonus.

If you are wondering, my weapon is brutal 2 and 1d12 damage, so I just add two per [W] dmg to the "guaranteed" total of damage and I don't have to keep rerolling 1's. So instead of 3d12+20, I do 3d10+26.

Irish Musician
2013-11-10, 10:05 AM
Dragon
As the cold washes over her and the axe strikes her side, the Brood Mother roars again in agony, unleashing her breath onto Arjax and anyone unfortunate enough to be around him. She also seems to grow in size the more furious she gets. Then you see her enormous wings spread out and start to flap, lifting her int he air. The gush of wind forces you to keep your balance and are unable to hit her. She then takes flight, biting at Kriv on her way out.

Actions
Free - Dragon's Breath vs Ref from H21- L25
Kriv - [roll0]
Arjax - [roll1]
Zel - [roll2]
Damage - [roll3], poison damage, and the target takes ongoing 15 poison damage and is slowed (save ends both)

Now for her actual turn, might as well do it since it is only one action because she is Dazed.
Standard - Flyby attack, she flys up to 14 squares and makes a bite attack during that time. During this movement she takes no OA's.
[rollv]1d20+35[rollv], [roll4] dmg plus an ongoing 25 poison damage. If you already have the 15 poison ongoing from the breath, then it just gets knocked up to 25, no stacking, just increasing.

She ends up at N22 to Q25, right at the ceiling. So she is from 30' in the air to 20' in the air. Question, please ask!

V2 is next, but is dominated by Harp, I will need Chambers to tell me what he'd like him to do.

Irish Musician
2013-11-11, 12:17 AM
V2
Not in control of his actions, the vampire finds himself charging at his brother. Given these actions and being forced over dangerous terrain, his instincts kick in.

Actions
Being forced into challenging terrain gives him the option to make a savings throw to not go into it. IF it fails the charge will continue [roll]1d20+2[roll]

Charge on V1 [roll0], Dmg - [rollv]3d10+5[rollv]

Save for dominated [roll1], he is still Dom'd because of the -5 to saves I forgot about :smallwink:

Irish Musician
2013-11-11, 12:27 AM
Angel
The Angel remembers the bolts being fired, and floats over to where he saw them last, swinging his axe.

Actions
move - to Q31
Standard - [roll0], 15 fire dmg

V1
Seeing his friend struggle, the other dragonborn charges at Kriv.

Standard - Charge [roll1], [roll2] dmg

Inevitability is up! Then Round 3.

Shular
2013-11-11, 01:53 PM
Vor'gyr

<Let me get away from this last angel before you blow him up!> Vor'gyr sends mentally to the rest of the party.

Rakaydos
2013-11-11, 07:53 PM
Inevitability leaps after the dragon, attempting to lock it down again.

Move and charge: Athletics (DC40) or [roll1]

threatening Rush [roll2]
Damage: [roll1]4d4+15 +Vorpal rolls 4d4

Rakaydos
2013-11-11, 07:54 PM
[roll0][roll1][roll2][roll3] + 15

[roll4][roll5][roll6][roll7] extra rolls

=31 points of damage

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-11, 08:35 PM
Zel'phir is covered in the viscous venom, but it proves to impede him very little.

With a blur of motion Zel'phir loads his crossbow and fires another arrow that splits before impacting the dragon's hide.

Effect: Make a ranged basic attack.
Ammunition: Dual Arrow +4 (98 remaining)
Attack: [roll0] or [roll1] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll2] damage.

He then launches himself into the air with remarkable speed.

Effect: Shift 2 squares.

Flit through Shadows: While you have concealment, shift 2 extra squares.

Shift to M22, height 25'

He then attempts to jab the broodmother in the side of her head.

Attack: [roll3] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll4] damage and Zel'phir is invisible to the dragon until the end of Zel's next turn.

Before melding into the shadows and out of sight.

Effect: You have concealment until the end of your next turn and you shift your speed (2). At the end of this movement you can make a Stealth check to hide.

Flit through Shadows: While you have concealment, shift 2 extra squares.

Back to Zel's original position.

Stealth: [roll5]

Save vs Posion and Slow: [roll6]

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-11, 08:40 PM
As Zel'phir stabs the dragon in the eye he quickly unloads with another crossbow shot.

Unseen Hunter's Pounce crit deals 50 damage and ongoing 20 (save ends) and Zel'phir gets a free attack with his crossbow.

Effect: Make a ranged basic attack.
Ammunition: Dual Arrow +4 (97 remaining)
Hit: [roll2]damage.

9 damage to Dragon, V1, and V2. Slide V1 to I20, V2 to H20.

Shular
2013-11-12, 03:18 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr senses Karion's plan and decides to go along with it, though his assault may not be at it's optimum. He silently moves away from the remaining angel, then attempts to disorient the broodmother with a single, well-placed, arrow.

Move: Move to J30, Stealth [roll0]
Standard: Darkstrider Ambush (Encounter) on Broodmother
Attack: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2] Critical hit for 129 radiant damage (see OOC) and target is dazed until end of Vor'gyr's next turn

Chambers
2013-11-12, 01:24 PM
Harp

"You mean you can't fly?" Harp says to the dominated dragonborn. "What kind of dragon are you?" He asks as he walks along the path and casting an occasional glare at the logs nearby. Three beams of light shoot from his holy symbol, one for each of the undead.

Move to 21E
Standard Hand of Radiance vs V1, V2, & Dragon

Hand of Radiance vs Reflex
Dragon [roll0]
V1 [roll1]
V2 [roll2]

Hit: [roll3] radiant damage

Sheet (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQcUJ8mnBXGU1VXN01zeWd1dkE/edit?usp=drive_web&pli=1).
Powers Used: Divine Call, Seal of the Heretic, Blood Debt, Word of the Gods, Armor of Wrath, Action Point.

Infernally Clay
2013-11-12, 08:59 PM
"Stand ready!" Karion shouted to his allies, "...and follow our lead!"

He nodded to Inevitability, then moved to create the opening they needed. If this went as Karion planned, the broodmother would be in agony.

Move: To M21.
Minor: Instant Planning

Daily. Minor. Close Burst 5.
Until the end of your next turn, you and each ally in burst gains your choice of a power bonus to attack rolls equal to your Charisma modifier, a power bonus to speed equal to your Charisma modifier, or a power bonus to all defenses equal to your Intelligence modifier. You can grant a different bonus to each target.
Karion will give himself, Arjax, Kriv, Zel'phir and Inevitability a +5 bonus to attack rolls until the end of his next turn.
Standard: Death from Two Sides

Encounter. Standard. Weapon.
Effect: You and one ally make a melee basic attack against the target. If both attacks hit, your ally's attack is a critical hit.
Attack [roll0] vs AC. Damage: 2d10+23. (2d10+23)[33] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16411327&postcount=350)
Note: Inevitability is chosen as the ally and he gains a +2 to the attack and damage rolls on top of the +5 power bonus granted by Instant Planning.
Action Point: Hail of Steel

Standard. Weapon.
Attack: [roll1] vs. AC
Hit: [roll2] damage, and every ally within 5 squares of you makes a basic attack against the target.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-12, 09:11 PM
Zel'phir takes a shot with his crossbow, trying to make the most of the opportunity provided.

Ammunition: Dual Arrow +4 (96 remaining)

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-12, 09:13 PM
The bolt impacts the broodmother in the side of the neck causing a great wound.

Critical Hit Damage: [roll0]

Binks
2013-11-12, 10:55 PM
Kriv, unable to reach the broodmother from his position, occupied as he is with the two dragonborn, merely grunts in acknowledgement of Karion's orders as he brings his blade down with the power of a peal of thunder in the hopes of bringing his enemy to his knees before repositioning to leave the controlled dragonborn in a more advantageous attack position.

Standard - Thunderhead Strike on V1
Atk: [roll0] vs. AC (37 base, +2 from my bonus to atk/dmg with thunder/lightning powers, +5 from Karion's bonus)
EDIT: Forgot the +1 from bolstering breath on me, and with that roll I need every bonus I can get, so 49 vs. AC

Hit: [roll1] untyped damage and the target falls prone. If the target stands up or willingly moves from its space before the end of Kriv's next turn it and every enemy adjacent to it take 10 thunder damage.
Effect - I get +2 Ref until the end of my next turn (thunder keyword + solid sound feat)

Move - Walk (technically hover fly) to J20. My defenses vs. opportunity attacks (heavy blade expertise + second wind bonuses and solid sound bonuses lasting until the end of this turn) are currently 50 / 51 / 47 / 48, and he's probably prone from the above attack so I don't really feel any need to waste my 1/enc movement without AoOs right now.

Free - Mark all creatures adjacent to me until the end of my next turn (V1)

Rakaydos
2013-11-13, 08:12 PM
(so, two melee basic attacks, right?)

Inevitability raised his glaive, stabbing upward at his flying foe.

[roll0] if hit, crit for 31 + 36 (vorpal weapon +3d12) +6d12 crit damage ([roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5][roll6]
EDIT: Crit my auto-crit- so I think I maximize my critical dice! 31+36+72=139 damage.

And a regular melee basic: [roll7], [roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11]+15
EDIT: 28 points from the second attack

Extra rolls: [roll12][roll13][roll14][roll15][roll16][roll17]

Irish Musician
2013-11-14, 12:28 PM
Arjax sees Karion in need of some divine radiance, sending him some of Bahaumt's might. He then turns to on of the undead and swings his axe at him.

Actions
Minor - Healing word on Karion for 1HS + [roll0] extra healing, as well as gaining +2 to all def USANT
Standard - [roll1] vs V1
Damage - [roll2], and me anyone who wants it can spend a healing surge + [roll3]

Infernally Clay
2013-11-14, 05:53 PM
"You should have taken my offer while it stood," Karion said with finality, raising his sword and signalling his allies to attack.

Free: A Plan Comes Together

Close Burst 10. When an enemy in burst is about to start its turn, one ally may make a MBA against it as a free action. On a hit, the target is dazed. Then, a second ally may make a charge against the target. On a hit, the target is knocked prone.
Ally: Inevitability
Ally: Arjax

Irish Musician
2013-11-14, 07:38 PM
Arjax nods and takes flight immediately, roaring as he charges into the fray, landing next to Karion and taking a swing at the Brood Mother.

Actions
Charge - Using my flight to charge the Dragon, however getting an OA from her, [roll0], Damage - [roll1]

OA from her - [roll2], [roll3]

Rakaydos
2013-11-15, 02:18 AM
[roll0]
[roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4]+15

Extra rolls: [roll5][roll6][roll7]

Dragon is marked for -3, and threatening a combat challange attack that knocks prone.

Irish Musician
2013-11-15, 10:28 AM
V2 & V1
At the sight of their lover being slain by another dragonborn and a machine, both of the vampiric dragonborns go into a rage, the first even breaking the hold that Harp had on its mind. They tear savagely into the nearest enemy, consuming Kriv's life force, and shooting their icy stares at those around them.

V2
Actions
Move - to K20 avoiding OA's
Standard - vs Fort on Kriv [roll0]
Damage - [roll1], target is weakended(save ends), V2 gets 102 HP
Minor - vs Karion on Will [roll2], Karion is Dominated (save ends)
ACTION POINT - Double sword swing on Kriv [roll3] & [roll4]
Damage - [roll5] & [roll6]

V1
Actions
Minor - Breath from I21 to K23 vs Fort
Arjax - [roll7]
Zel - [roll8]
Damage - [roll9] poison damage
Standard - vs Fort on Kriv [roll10]
Damage - [roll11], target is weakended(save ends), V1 gets 102 HP
Minor - vs Zel on Will [roll12], Zel is Dominated (save ends)
ACTION POINT - Double sword swing on Arjax [roll13] & Kriv [roll14]
Damage - A [roll15] & K [roll16]

Irish Musician
2013-11-15, 10:47 AM
Angels of Tiamat
As the dragonborn go on their vicious rampage, two portals open up right above the left most set of logs, and out come more Angels. But, instead of attacking the heroes, they start attacking themselves.

AT1 - [roll0]
AT2 - [roll1]
AT3 - [roll2]
AT4 - [roll3]
AT5 - [roll4]
AT6 - [roll5]
AT7 - [roll6]
AT8 - [roll7]
AT9 - [roll8]
AT10 - [roll9]
AT11 - [roll10]
AT12 - [roll11]

20 poison, 10 ongoing

Damages taken per Hero
Vor - 0
Harp - 0
Zel - 20 poison, 10 ongoing
Arjax - 40 poison, 10 ongoing
Kriv - 20 poison, 10 ongoing
Karion - 20 poison, 10 ongoing
Inevitability -20 poison, 10 ongoing

Rakaydos
2013-11-17, 12:46 PM
Casually swatting the angel that dove at him, Inevitability moved toward the nearest portal, the better to block the stream of reinforcements until someone could shut the portal down. As he moved, the glave reached out, threating several other nearby angels.

Polearm Gamble on AT12 (after it's move, before it;s attack) (granting CA to AT12)
Heavy Blade opportunity->Weaponmaster's strike (heavy blade, Polearm)
[roll0] (the plus 5 is until EoNT, right?)

On hit, [roll1][roll2][roll3][roll4]+15 damage, +1 AC vs AT12, and if AT12 shifts before the EoNT it provokes an Opportunity attack (in addition to the Combat Challange Immidiate Interrupt)

On my turn:
leap to I26 (under the portal, threatining anything that emerges downward from it.) (athletics check made on bonuses alone)
Balancing on logs: Acrobatics- [roll5] -or- [roll6]

Wild Offensive vs AT4, AT5, AT11
[roll7] vs all three targets
[roll8][roll9][roll10][roll11]+18 damage

Extra dice:[roll12][roll13][roll14][roll15]
All targets are marked by me.

Save vs ongoing at EoT- (any roll)+9 (+2 feat, +3 item, +2 Paragon path, +2ED) = 10+, I save.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-18, 07:29 AM
"I will take care of these creatures, you get rid of that portal."

Zel'phir floated away from the angels and built up his ki, gathering a great force around him. He unleashes the full fury of his power upon the creatures gathered around him.

Effect: Shift 1 or move 3.

Flit through Shadows: When you have concealment, shift two extra squares.

Shift to I21, height 10'

Close Burst 3 (enemies in burst)

Hit: [roll0] damage.
Miss: Half damage.
V1: [roll1] vs Reflex
V2: [roll2] vs Reflex
AT4: [roll3] vs Reflex
AT5: [roll4] vs Reflex
AT6: [roll5] vs Reflex
AT8: [roll6] vs Reflex
AT9: [roll7] vs Reflex
AT11: [roll8] vs Reflex
AT12: [roll9] vs Reflex

Effect: Until the end of the encounter Zel can target an additional creature within 3 with his flurry of blows.

Hits all targets except for AT 4.

AT4, AT2 and V1 take 9 damage.

Zel'phir resists all the damage.
Harp takes 15 poison after resist.
Vor takes 5 poison after resist.
Kriv takes 40 poison.
Karion takes 80 poison.
Arjax takes 80 poison.
Inevitability takes 90 poison after resist.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-18, 07:45 AM
As the blast rips through some of the angels, Zel'phir fires his crossbow at the more wounded dragonborn.

Ammunition: Dual Arrow +4 (95 remaining)

Zel'phir then disappears, reappearing a moment later over the head of one of the vampires before a cloud of inky darkness envelops it.

Gain teleport 5 as a movement mode.

Teleport to K20, height 5'.

Effect: The burst creates a cloud of darkness that remains in place until the end of your next turn. The cloud blocks line of sight, squares within it are totally obscured, and creatures entirely within it are blinded until they exit. You are immune to these effects.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-11-18, 10:14 AM
The poison that wasn't bothering Zel'phir too much completely falls off in the dark.

Save vs Poison: [roll0]

Shular
2013-11-18, 02:10 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr stares, aghast, as Zel'phir assists the "angels" in their suicide attack against the party, causing the widespread explosions that they had failed to trigger among themselves. He quickly checks to see if the brainless monk got anyone killed, and barely manages to avoid the worst of the follow-up explosion as one of Zel'phir's bolts takes out one of the angels beside him. Fortunately, his odd looking hat absorbs most of the poison gas.

While he doesn't say anything, everyone in the telepathic link can sense his fury at the other drow. But instead of starting a quarrel, he stealthily moves away from the two angels still adjacent to him. When he gets to the wall, he fires two quick arrows, and then blends into the background.

Move: Move to D30 (unseen so no OAs) stealth [roll]1d20+49[/hide]
Standard: Twin Strike on AT1 and AT3
Attack on AT1: [roll0]
Hit: Dead, nobody in explosion range
Attack on AT3: [roll1]
Hit: Dead, nobody in explosion range
Minor: Cloaked in Shadow (hidden from anyone not adjacent until moves or attacks)

One of his shots misses, but the other strikes true, and the angel explodes harmlessly. Vor'gyr then shakes off the last remnants of the poison explosion.

Chambers
2013-11-18, 08:16 PM
Harp

<< Kriv! Don't listen to them! >> Harp thinks to Kriv as he hustles along the path. Harp shouts at the dragonborn but instead of words his speech is the sound of crashing waves and titanic earthquakes.

Move to 21E
Minor Knack for Success on Kriv (make a saving throw)
Standard Invoke Terror on both dragonborn

Invoke Terror (vs Will)
Attack [roll0] vs V1
Attack [roll1] vs V2

Hit [roll2] psychic damage and the target moves half it's speed away from Harp, avoiding unsafe squares and difficult terrain if it can.
Covenant of Wrath rider: Until the start of my next turn, opportunity attacks that hit the targets deal 7 extra damage.

(This movement isn't one of the listed forced movement types so I think it would provoke opportunity attacks from Kriv and Zel).

Avandra's Wrath: Instead of using his Covenant Manifestation (+2 dmg to each enemy) Harp will grant Kriv another saving throw.

Sensate Theme: Harp used an encounter power and therefore gains 15 temp HP.

Sheet (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQcUJ8mnBXGU1VXN01zeWd1dkE/edit?pli=1). Powers used: Knack for Success, Invoke Terror, Divine Call, Seal of the Heretic, Blood Debt, Word of the Gods, Armor of Wrath, Action Point.

Infernally Clay
2013-11-18, 09:32 PM
"Show me some hustle!" Karion shouted, "The broodmother is dead, so lets send this bastards to join her in the underworld!"

Then, spotting an opening against one of the undead dragons, Karion signalled Kriv to attack.

Minor: Inspiring Word

Close burst 15
Target: Arjax and Kriv
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge, regain an additional 41 hit points and either shift 2 squares or gain a +2 bonus to AC until the start of their next turn.
Minor: Inspiring Word

Close burst 15
Target: Karion and Inevitable
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge, regain an additional 41 hit points and either shift 2 squares or gain a +2 bonus to AC until the start of their next turn.
Standard: Direct the Strike
Ranged 5.
Target: Kriv
Effect: The target makes a basic attack as a free action against an enemy of your choice (V1) that you can see and is within 10 squares of you.[/quote]
Note: After Karion's turn ends, the bonus from Instant Planning fades. For this granted attack, Kriv still gets +7 to the attack roll and +2 to the damage roll. In addition, if the attack lands, he gains 15 temp hit points.

Infernally Clay
2013-11-18, 09:46 PM
Slight change.

After tending to his wounds, Karion lunged forth towards one of the undead dragons and slashed at it - goading it to strike him back.

Following the two minor actions detailed before, Karion shifts to K21 due to Versatile Word's effect, then...

Standard: Brash Assault

Target: V2
Hit: [roll]2d10+23[roll] (2d10+23)[33] (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16451951&postcount=403) damage.
Effect: You gain your Cha mod (+5) as a bonus to all defences against the target until the start of your next turn. The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice (Kriv) within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
As mentioned in the previous post, Kriv's attack will have a +9 bonus (+5 from Instant Planning, +2 from combat advantage, +2 from Karion's crown) to the attack roll and a +2 bonus (+2 from Karion's crown) to the damage roll for the attack.

Binks
2013-11-20, 05:55 PM
Kriv, brought out of his stupor and roused by the efforts of Harp and Karion, takes a deep breath, as though catching up...then expels a burst of lightning and thunder towards both dragonborns, his anger at having been wounded so heavily clearly fueling the attack.

Flying around the darkness Zel created Kriv takes a mighty swing at the wounded dragonborn, challenging him with a thundering blast.

Start of turn save vs poison: [roll0]

Minor - Dragon's Breath (recharged when bloodied) targeting M17 to G22, V1 and V2, Karion, Arjax, and Zel get +1 to attacks until the end of my next turn

V1: [roll1] vs. Ref
V2: [roll2] vs. Ref

Hit: Better of: [roll3] or [roll4] lightning and thunder damage (ignore resist and immunity), dazed until end of my next turn, forgo the pushes
Effect: V1 and V2 are marked, I get +2 atk/dmg on thunder and lightning attacks, I get +3 damage to next attack if I hit, I get +2 will until the end of my next turn

Move: Fly to I19

Standard: Mark of Thunder on V1
Atk: [roll5]
Hit: [roll6] thunder damage (+3 if dragon breath hit anyone)
Effect: V1 is still marked until end of my next turn and if he makes an attack that doesn't include me he takes 15 thunder damage.
I get +3 damage to next attack if I hit and +2 ref until the end of my next turn

Irish Musician
2013-11-25, 12:13 AM
Arjax sees the vampire by Kriv starting to come close to its end. A large black blob is placed in front of him, but he flies around it, landing in a prime spot to attack the dragonborn with Kriv. "DIE ABOMINATION!" is waht Arjax lets out right before he lets down his axe, and the radiant energies release heal Arjax, along with an ally.

Actions
Move - to I21
Standard - Divine Favor vs AC on V1 [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] + [roll2] radiant, Arjax spends a HS, as well as Kriv (I'll add the HP)
Minor - Healing Word on myself +[roll3] + [roll4] & I get +2 to all Def USMNT

Irish Musician
2013-11-25, 12:36 AM
V2
The dragonborn, now basically blind and hurting, makes a large roar which everyone hears. Then the next thing everyone knows a large, red cloud floats out of the darkness and high into the air, and then flying through the portal nearest it.

Actions
Mist Form, then move to the portal, only Zel gets an OA.

V1
Hearing his companion's roar, he roars as well and everyone sees his body transform into a red mist that at first keeps the form of his body, but then melts into the form of a cloud, flying high above everyone, and following the other cloud into the portal.

Actions
Mist Form, then move to the portal, Kriv and Arjax gets an OA.

Arjax's OA [roll0], [roll1] + [roll2]

Angels of Tiamat
The Angel moves to Inevitability, striking at him with its sword.

Actions
Standard - [roll3], 15 dmg.

Inevitability is up!

Rakaydos
2013-11-25, 10:36 PM
Opportunity action (Angel's turn): Polearm gamble/Heavy Blade opportunity/Weaponmaster's Strike ([roll0])

(I actually havent been tracking how much damage I've taken- before my turn starts, can someone help me double check whether I'm 0 yet?)

Rakaydos
2013-11-27, 07:00 PM
Bringing the glaive around, Inevitability slugged the angel with the back end, then, swirrled, bringing the blade down toward it again.

Bitter Harvest: [roll0] vs Fortitude, 3 damage, push 1 (mark angel)
Secondary attack: [roll1] vs Fortitude, [roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5]+18 damage

[roll6][roll7][roll8]

Binks
2013-12-02, 11:54 AM
Kriv takes a moment to glance about the battlefield. Noting that all of the angels seem to have dissipated and that no more are appearing and that the field is clear of other threats he lowers his blade to his side, though he keeps it drawn just in case. Confirming that all of his companions are still up Kriv nods before speaking.

"It would seem we have succeeded, though we obviously require some more time to get used to one another's abilities." he says as he comes to a landing on the center platform, setting feet on the ground for the first time since entering the tunnel.

Infernally Clay
2013-12-02, 12:20 PM
"I agree," Karion nodded, "This was an easy enough battle but Tiamat won't roll over so freely when it's her turn." Karion paused for a moment, "Stepping on each other's toes won't help secure us victory."

Shular
2013-12-03, 02:42 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr lands beside the others, letting his companions see his angry face. "As far as I can tell, only one of us did the stepping on toes. Everyone else performed admirably." He seems about to say more, but seems to think better of it.

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-03, 07:51 PM
Zel'phir

"We all came through without any serious injuries. These dragons were little match for us. Perhaps the next one will be more of a challenge. Though I suspect those waves of angels were gifts from the consort. Perhaps we should rethink our next target."

Zel'phir takes a short rest regaining his encounter powers. He does not spend any additional healing surges.

Chambers
2013-12-03, 09:42 PM
Harp

<< Bruised toes are easily healed. Egos...that's another matter. >> Harp sends to the others. He steps onto his astral fluff and floats above the broodmothers body. << So...those were undead as well as dragons. How do we know she's not coming back? >>

Harp took no damage but a short rest would be nice for his encounter powers.

Infernally Clay
2013-12-03, 09:52 PM
"We could take off the head and burn the corpse if it would make you feel better," Karion laughed, "But I think we have a consort to kill."

Karion regains his Encounter powers but doesn't spend any healing surges.

Binks
2013-12-04, 10:51 AM
"Should we go after the other broodmothers? Perhaps they might be more open to negotiation." Kriv notes as he takes a break to recover from the battle.

Kriv's already back at full from the ending heal (4 surges spent) but short rests for his encounter powers back.

Irish Musician
2013-12-05, 09:59 AM
Arjax cleans his blade off of any residue left my the undead or blood left by the Brood Mother. "I believe there is only one mother left.....and if I am not mistaken it was the red. I can tell you from past experiences, reds do not negotiate. Though we do have a choice to make currently, do we go after the red Brood Mother, or the consort." Arjax takes a look around the room and sees the portals are still up, "Hmmm, I wonder if there is anything to be done about those?"

Religion Check on the portals [roll0]

Well Arjax knows squat about them :smallamused:

Binks
2013-12-05, 10:28 AM
"Very well then. Perhaps we can be the ones to start this battle then, if negotiation is not possible. I believe we should best the other broodmother before attempting to attack the consort." Kriv says as he briefly glances at the portals, not expecting to know anything about them but hoping to possibly jog an old memory if he has any.

Religion check on the portals too I guess? My arcana's the same bonus if that fits better. [roll0]

Infernally Clay
2013-12-05, 11:00 AM
"Yes, I suppose we should try to close these," Karion mused, "Since we don't know what's on the other side and this red broodmother could be a handful."

Arcana check on the portals: [roll0]

Rakaydos
2013-12-05, 09:44 PM
While thee others discussed the portal, Inevitability watched the coridor

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-06, 09:57 AM
Zel'phir

"I disagree. I think the consort will be even more ready to send more trouble our way if we continue to ignore him. We would be making the battle with the broodmother harder on us then it needs to be. Furthermore I am not convinced the rest of you will be able to handle a third fight without resting and we don't want to try to rest with the consort knowing we are here and preparing to disturb us."

"Your problem," he adds, specifically addressing Kriv to start, "is that you absolutely refuse to be flexible about your plans to adapt to the situation. You are inflexible in your actions and would rather grouse about getting a little poison splashed on you and let the enemy continue to fight than to have the least bit of gratitude that the problem was quickly handled. No one died. Quit crying about it." It was clear at this point that he was now speaking to someone completely different.

Infernally Clay
2013-12-06, 12:55 PM
"If you're done venting your frustrations over our sensitive feelings, Zel'phir," Karion interrupted, "These portals are unlike anything I've ever seen, or felt. It feels less like a door and more like a flap that only opens one way. It wouldn't be wise to try to go through but you have a mastery regarding travel rituals, if I recall - see if you can close these and then we'll decide who our next target is."

Stepping back so Zel'phir has room to perform his necessary rituals, Karion said, "Whichever we decide, I wouldn't worry about our ability to handle a third battle, either. We're all as strong as you. Some of us yet stronger."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-06, 01:08 PM
Zel'phir shakes his head. "Interesting that you would make such an assumption. What makes you think that just because I can open portals to wherever I want that I could close them too? It's quite fascinating how those who do not understand such things assume that working portals are like opening and closing a door. You see, opening a portal is actually more like ripping a hole in a curtain. No matter how much you tear at it, you won't get the hole to close again. I'm afraid I lack the metaphysical needle and thread to stitch it up."

OOC: Seal Portal is a binding ritual, which Zel'phir has no knowledge of and his arcana skill is pretty much crap without his ED bonus for travel rituals. You are better off asking someone else.

Infernally Clay
2013-12-06, 02:18 PM
"Clearly I had hoped too much," Karion sighed, "Harp? Arjax? As I recall, you two are well versed in rituals. Are either of you able to seal this?"

Chambers
2013-12-06, 03:18 PM
Harp

"It's a portal, but more importantly it's a portal without sucidical angels passing through it." He says and shrugs. "I say we leave it be."

Shular
2013-12-07, 02:45 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr stays silent, refusing to be baited by Zel'phir's nonsense. He also disregards the portals, leaving them to those much more knowledgable than he. Seeing inevitable watching the corridor, he decides to sit and wait quietly, and, not finding a sufficiently comfortable floating log, hovers in the air with legs crossed, meditating.

Irish Musician
2013-12-07, 04:38 PM
Arjax answer's Karion's question while still looking at the portals, "Unfortunately, friend, my knowledge of rituals doesn't extend very far. I had more battle schooling than book schooling at my temple. I am afraid I cannot assist in this either. Though I am ready to pound anything that does happen to come through." He then turns to the group and says in a stern but calm and soothing voice, "However, I can assist in one thing....getting all of you to drop your petty arguing. Whether we go for the consort or the Red won't matter if we cannot work together. Zel'phir, not thinking about your comrades around you hurts the group as a whole. I don't care if you don't want to listen to orders, but please do better in the future when it comes to thinking about us. We understand you are powerful, but so are we, so it does no good to look down on us, for the pedestal you stand on is the one all of us occupy." Turning to the ranger, "And it does no good for you to cloak your words as much as you cloak yourself. Speak plainly and honestly and we will figure out our problems together." Arjax looks at the group in the eyes, all of them, "If we are going to get through this and save the ones and the things we love, we must learn to put aside the egos that have fallen on us, and learn to work together. If we cannot do that, then we will not be able to defeat Tiamat. We are all here for a reason, all have different knowledge and abilities that are amazing and powerful. Let us use them to strike down our enemies....not ourselves." Arjax nods at everyone and then puts his axe handle on the ground and kneels, starting a prayer to his god.

Arjax, too, will take a 5-er and Heal up, if need be.

Shular
2013-12-10, 12:17 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr considers their options, then says "I would be willing to go after the consort. Assuming he is the one who opened the portals, it is better to remove him than chance his summoning something much more powerful while we fight the red."

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-10, 12:20 PM
Zel'phir nods in agreement. At least there was one thing that he and the other drow saw eye-to-eye on.

Binks
2013-12-10, 01:54 PM
Kriv shrugs. "Personally I believe it would be best for us to learn each other's fighting styles more by challenging the other Broodmother, but I have no objection to seeking the Consort at this point." he says, glancing back at the tunnel from which the group entered the room as he waits for a decision.

Irish Musician
2013-12-16, 10:36 AM
ALL
Since consensus is in and you all seem to agree to go attack the Consort, you leave the Green Broodmother's lair and head back to the platform's room. There, Vor'gyr motions for you all to wait while he scopes out the area. He leaves and goes through the doorway that Theel pointed out to you being the way to the consort. It seems like forever, and ever, and ever before Vor'gyr gets back. And right as you are growing concerned something may have happened to him, he shows back up coming through the doorway, ready to report on his findings.

Shular
2013-12-16, 03:30 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr considers what he saw. "It's a long passage that leads to a large chamber with glowing bridges passing pillars. I could not determine the nature of the pillars. I was unable to make out anything below them, but saw no evidence of activity. I decided to come back before moving on. I think we should all gather at the near end of the room, then I will scout across it and beyond the door on the other side. This way, if something happens, you'll all be nearby and have a chance to participate in the fun."

Binks
2013-12-17, 08:31 AM
Kriv nods and moves to follow to the near end of the room.

Rakaydos
2013-12-17, 01:35 PM
Inevitability also follows, maintaining his customary silence.

Irish Musician
2013-12-19, 09:28 AM
All
If so inclined, you all follow the ranger down the staircase. After a while, you realize why it took so long for Vor'gyr to get back to you....the staircase seems to go on forever. And just as you seem to think that it is some sort of magic continuing the stairs in an infinite loop, you reach the bottom. You enter a hallway that goes down about 50ft and has a doorway at the end. Through the doorway you notice there are indeed some pillars that are connected through some sort of magical, blue-glowing bridges, and on the far side of the room you see another doorway.

Shular
2013-12-19, 01:23 PM
Vor'gyr

With the party nearby, Vor'gyr proceeds to the next part of the plan. <Wait here,> he instructs mentally to the rest of the party. His winged boots keeping him aloft, he moves to fly over one of the bridges, but upon crossing thr threashold immediately drops to the bridge. Disturbed by this development, he sends a quick mental message to the others about the negation of flying, then decides to try another travel form, using his fey nature to attempt to teleport a few feet.

Since he would have been in N15, teleport (ability from feat, tied to fey nature) to N16 to see if teleportation works in the room.

Stealth: [roll0] includes +5 to stealth when unseen (Passive Stealth 54). Vor'gyr's also immune to scrying. Flying, to avoid any ground hazards.

Perception to see what is below: [roll1] plus darkvision and blindsense 10.

Irish Musician
2013-12-19, 01:31 PM
Vor'gyr
You notice that, as soon as you pass through the doorway of the room, you drop to the floor and can no longer fly.

Irish Musician
2013-12-20, 03:54 PM
Vor'gyr
Seeing as your flying doesn't work anymore, you tap into the innate abilities of the fey-people and try to teleport forward slightly. You sense the magic come from inside of you, but something seems to be blocking it and you don't actually go anywhere.

Shular
2013-12-20, 04:12 PM
Vor'gyr

"Great," Vor'gyr thinks to himself, "looks like I do this the hard way." <Flying and teleporting don't seem to work,> he sends mentally back to the party, <be careful.>

Vor'gyr moves to the edge of the platform, looks down to see how deep the chasm below goes, fully expecting it to be bottomless, then sets foot onto the first bridge. Not fully trusting the situation, he relaxes his innate stealth just enough to allow the rest of the party to see him.

Steps onto the bridge. Do you want to use the stealth/perception above, or should I rereoll?

Shular
2013-12-20, 05:34 PM
Vor'gyr

As Vor'gyr's about to put his foot on the bridge he freezes, as if he saw something he didn't like. Instead of continuing, he backs up, messeges to the group <the bridges seem to disappear briefly>, then with a casual stride he moves forward and jumps past the bridge to the first pillar.

After landing, he turns to investigate the bridge from this new perspective.

Step back far enough to get a 10' move in (N14), then attempt to jump over the bridge to the top of the first pillar (N20).

Athletics to jump 15': [roll0]
Stealth to do so quietly: [roll1]

Assuming he lands safely, he'll take another look at the bridge to see if he can determine how it works.

Perception: [roll2]

Irish Musician
2013-12-20, 05:55 PM
Vor'gyr
You successfully jump over the bridge, however once you clear the first bit of the bridge you feel a large blast of air hit you, pushing you out of the air.

Ok, so if you didn't guess, its a trap :smallamused:

[roll0] I'll just use this roll, with the correct MOD 5+37=42 vs Fort
Sorry for the confusion, I am just all scatter-brained right now :smallredface:

Dmg: [roll1], you get pushed 3 squares and have to make a savings throw to not fall off the edge of the bridge. If you save, you are prone and clinging on the side of the bridge....if you fail, you fall and take [roll2] falling damage.

Miss: You take half damage, and are slowed UEyourNT

If you have any questions, please ask.

Rakaydos
2013-12-20, 06:29 PM
Inevitability quickly dashes out, easilly clearing the gap as he reaches out to help Vor'gyr egain his feet. "It may be best if I lead here. Do any of you carry mundane connection cable to ensure you are not lost?"

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-20, 09:17 PM
Zel'phir speaks softly to the rest of the group, "we could simply climb down to the bottom and then make our way back up on the other side. It would certainly bypass this nonsense with the bridges."

Irish Musician
2013-12-20, 09:25 PM
"Hmmm," Arjax rubs his chin and says in a low voice, "perhaps that might work. Though we know not what might be in the pit before us....if anything. I wonder what the walls of the pits look like. Do they even have foot holes?"

Binks
2013-12-21, 12:45 AM
Kriv remains silent through the discussion, electing instead to move forward as silently as possible for a dragonborn of his bulk, in order to try and help Vor'gyr.

As he enters the chamber Kriv tries his own, non-magical, means of flight to see if all flight is being suppressed within the chamber or just magical means.

I have a daily item power, shape of the multiverse, to give Vor'gyr a reroll on a saving throw if he doesn't like the first result. Just noting that in advance, you're free to use it if needed.

Kriv is moving to the edge of the bridge to help as well, updated on map. I'm trying my flight which is non-magical so might have a chance, no reason not to try it.

Shular
2013-12-21, 03:02 AM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr manages to drop to the bridge and avoid the full power of the blast, though he now lies prone on the uncertain surface. He shakes his head and prepares to scramble back onto the ledge when he sees Inevitability coming forward. He tries to wave back the warforged, but too late...

Chambers
2013-12-21, 10:23 AM
Harp

<< Well. This is interesting. >> Harp walks forward and bends down right before the bridge and offers Vor'gyr the end of his staff to pull himself up. << So...some kind of magical trap? These look solid enough. >> Once Vor'gyr is up he pokes the force bridge with the butt of his staff.

Perception (looking for a clue about the bridge, blast of air trap, etc) [roll0]

Irish Musician
2013-12-29, 10:10 PM
Inevitability
As the large construct goes to jump over the bridge, a gust of wind, too, blows at him.

Even though you will autosave on falling, you can still get stopped

[roll0] vs Fort

Damage - [roll1], you get pushed 3 squares and have to make a savings throw, which you save on so you are in P17 and holding off the edge.

Miss: You take half damage, and are slowed UEyourNT, and you end up in O17

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-30, 06:08 AM
Zel'phir examines the bridges attempting to intuit a pattern.

[roll0]

Son_of_Meepo
2013-12-31, 09:03 AM
Zel'phir then examines the walls to see how feasible climbing would be.

[roll0]

Irish Musician
2014-01-05, 10:30 AM
ALL
A few of the party try to jump across but seem to be stopped by some unseen force. Your powers of flight, at least the magical kind, seem to be restricted....however, the two dragonborn seem to be able to take off with their wings just fine. Vor'gyr and Inevitability are helped out back onto the starting platform with the other and just as Vor'gyr is being helped up, he looks to his left and notices a giant eye looking at him. He looks at it for a moment, and it would seem it looks at him for a moment as well. But this eye he is having a staring contest with isn't a normal sized eye. It seems to be about 3/4 the size of the drow.

After moments pass, another eyes pops out.....then another, and another. And then a giant, gaping maw rises up and you all see.....a very, very large Beholder. All his eyes switch back and forth between all of you and in a very deep and booming voice it announces, "I am the Master of the Observatory. I know all and see all that was and that will ever be. Tiamat shall have your heads!!!" As he finished, stars shoot all over the walls and start moving though the room as if it were the night sky, but much faster than normal. And as you start to get ready for this battle, two bridges disappear completely and don't seem to come back.

I'll have initiative up very soon and I will add the beholder to the map. Get ready for fun! :smallsmile:

Irish Musician
2014-01-05, 11:32 AM
Beholder
The Beholder lets out a great roar and its eyes shoot out rays all over the place. It then seems to focus on a few of the party, the drow in particular. It shoots a bright red ray at Vor'gyr and his company, while firing another ray that had a beam in the middle with a swirly beam around it, at Arjax and his companions around him. Then his central eye shoots at Vor'gyr, a large, orange beam.

Actions
These Eye Rays, I am rolling to see which ones I use, but there are some pretty serious ones, so if one of those comes up too much, I will switch it. I want this to be challenging, not a slaughter.....mostly :smallwink:

Standard - Eye Ray #1 - Burst 1 on N15, vs Ref
Vor - [roll0]
Harp - [roll1]
Kriv - [roll2]
Damage - the target takes a -5 penalty to all defenses, and at
the start of the target’s turn the beholder pulls it 2 squares
(save ends both). Aftereffect: The target takes a -2 penalty
to all defenses (save ends).
Eye Ray #2 - Burst 1 on N14 vs Fort
Karion - [roll3]
Arjax - [roll4]
Zel - [roll5]
Damage - [roll6], and the target takes ongoing 10
damage (save ends).
Minor - On Vor'gyr vs Fort [roll7]
Damage - the target is dazed and slowed (save ends both)
Miss: The target is slowed (save ends both).

Everyone's turn to go, remember your conditions if you have them. They will be by the initiative.

Shular
2014-01-05, 12:01 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr staggers as the first burst leaves him feeling vulnerable, then a follow up ray grazes him, and he feels more sluggish. As he begins to react, he feels the beholder pulling him towards it and off of the ledge.

Saving throw to avoid being pulled off the ledge: [roll0]

Irish Musician
2014-01-05, 12:38 PM
Behold Reaction
Vorgyr is about ready to take action when he gets hit by another eye ray, along with his companions. The ray shoots from one of the eyes an it is a yellow-green glowing beam that scorches the people it touches and seems to dissolve armor and weapons....as well as flesh. Then, Vor'gyr is pulled to the Beholder after being hit with an eye ray, and gets launched off the platform.

Actions
Eye Ray - Burst 1 on M16, vs Fort
Vor - [roll0]
Harp - [roll1]
Damage - [roll2], target takes ongoing 15 damage (save ends). Aftereffect: Ongoing 10 damage (save ends).

Fall Damage - [roll3]

Shular
2014-01-05, 01:15 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr cries out in pain as the disolving burst hits him, even though it is not as effective as it could have been, thanks to Zehir's cloak, but his cry turns into a yelp as he feels his body pulled out into the open air. As he rapidly descends towards the floor of the pit, he rolls and twists in a desperate attempt to minimize the impact. He is as successful as he can be, though the impact still knocks the air from him and he falls prone.

Getting up, he glares furiously at the beholder floating so far above him. He focuses his attention purely on the creature, then draws his bow, taking advantage of his concealment to, hopefully, disorient the monster.

Falling damage reduced to 27. Burst damage halved due to insubstantial, so 12.
Move: Stand up
Minor: Quarry beholder
Standard: Darkstrider's Ambush
Attack: [roll0] (includes +2 for combat advantage)
Damage: [roll1] radiant damage plus [roll2] quarry damage, and target is dazed until end of Vor'gyr's next turn.
Saving Throws:
vs defense penalty/getting pulled [roll3]
vs ongoing damage [roll4]

Edit: +5 more damage for shard

While not a perfect shot, it is good enough to temporarily daze the beholder.

Irish Musician
2014-01-05, 02:26 PM
Though Zel'phir thinks that because the Beholder is dazed, he will not shoot an eye beam at him, he gets one anyway. A large, slightly pink, beam comes shooting out at him.

Eye Beam - vs Fort Burst 1 on O13
Zel - [roll0]
Arjax - [roll1]
Damage - the beholder slides the target 8 squares, and the
target is knocked prone.

Zel moved to O5, Arjax to N5

Son_of_Meepo
2014-01-05, 02:39 PM
Watching the eye rays explode around him like a multitude of star bursts, Zel'phir takes a moment to focus himself on defense.

Effect: Until the stance ends, you gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses.

He then approaches the edge of the platform and lets loose a blast of wind.

To M16.

Phantom Chaussures: If you move at least 3 squares on your turn, gain concealment until the end of your next turn.

Close Blast 5
Attack: [roll0] Fortitude
Hit: [roll1] damage, slide the target up to 3 squares an immobilize it until the end of its next turn.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-01-05, 03:11 PM
Zel'phir sweeps up the beholder in the torrent of wind, holding him fast above the platform within reach of his allies. He stabs the eye tyrant with his blade as he floats by.

The beholder takes 9 damage and is slid 1 square to a square adjacent to Zel'phir.

Ze'phir fades from sight as he slips into the timestream, completing multiple actions in but a moment.

Zel'phir becomes invisible until the end of his next turn and gains an additional standard, move, and minor action.

Zel'phir rolls to the other side of the beholder for another attack.

Zel'phir shifts 1 square.
Flit through Shadows: When you shift with concealment, shift 2 extra squares.

Shift to O13.

Lighter than Wind: Gain +1 to attack after shifting or flying.

Zel'phir stabs the giant orb, hindering it's attacks further before taking off again.

Melee Touch
Attack: [roll0] vs Reflex
Hit: [roll1] damage and the Beholder takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls against Zel until the end of Zel's next turn.

Forgot the extra 19 damage from Karion. Total is 51.

Zel'phir shifts 1 square.
Flit through Shadows: When you shift with concealment, shift 2 extra squares.

Shift to O10.

Lighter than Wind: Gain +1 to attack after shifting or flying.

With a little distance Zel'phir fires a crossbow bolt at the beholder, puncturing its rubbery exterior.

Make a ranged basic attack.

Using Dual Arrow +4.

Attack:[roll2] or [roll3] Reflex
Hit: [roll4] damage.

Binks
2014-01-06, 10:44 AM
Kriv, a bit slow on the uptake as his allies react to the beholder quicker than he does, tries to shake off the effects of the eye ray before taking flight, moving to position himself away from the others, so as to draw the creature's attention away.

Once in position he lets out a blast of thunder and lightning upon the creature, following it up by swinging his sword through the newly formed cloud, creating a boom of thunder that, hopefully, should disorient the beast and weaken it's position against his allies.

Start of turn save: [roll0]
Move action: Draconic leap. Martial flight power, I fly 6sq, no opportunity attacks, going to hover in P13 5sq above beholder
Minor action: Dragon's breath, L13 to Q19, targets beholder (and any invisible enemies in that area, of course) and gives all allies in that area a +1 to attacks until my next turn (Zel, Harp, Inevitability)

[roll1] vs. Ref
Hit - Better of [roll2] or [roll3] thunder and lightning (ignores resist) damage
Dazed ueont
Forgoing push
Effect - The beholder is marked by me until my next turn (or inevitability overrides it)
I get +2 atk/dmg with thunder and lightning attacks until end of my next turn
If I hit anything I get +3 damage with my next attack
I have +2 ref

Standard Action - Thunderhead Strike
[roll4] vs. AC
Hit - [roll5] (+3 if dragon's breath hit) damage and the target falls prone. If it stands or willingly moves before the end of my next turn it (and any other enemies adj to it) take 10 thunder damage

End of turn save if needed: [roll6]

Irish Musician
2014-01-06, 12:45 PM
Start of Kriv's turn
The Beholder, seeing the dragonborn start to act against him, pulls the dragonborn up to him, and then shoots an eye beam out at him, the same large, slightly pink ray that was shot at Zel'phir.

Actions
Kriv is pull two squares vertically up to the Beholder, then the eye beam attack happen in O16 10ft up.

Eye Beam - vs Fort [roll0], With his -5 to Def, this hits.
Damage - The beholder slides the target 8 squares, and the
target is knocked prone.

So he will be slid to O24 if it hits and knocked prone.

Binks
2014-01-06, 01:39 PM
Kriv, having to change his plans due to the creature's attack, instead stands and begins hovering above the bridge, not trusting it to remain in place. Focusing briefly he activates one of his items before flying up to the beholder and blasting it with a breath of thunder and lightning. Hovering over the void Kriv nods to himself before letting the magic item try to teleport him.

Start - Fail save (just going to re-use previous rolls since I don't actually need anymore than those, actually making 1 fewer roll as a result of the attack)
Move - Stand
Free - Activate Backtrack bindings (will elaborate at end of turn)
Standard - Fly to N19
Minor - Dragon's breath L18 to Q16, buffing Karion, Harp and Inevitability, targeting beholder, just using previous rolls of 51 vs. ref for same effects listed above
End - Fail save, backtrack binding try to magically transport me back to O24, not sure if they succeed or not.

Irish Musician
2014-01-09, 11:34 AM
Harp's preturn
The beholder, seeing Harp start to move his hands to start casting, turns an eye on him, underneather the Beholder, and shoots at him the same dissolving yellow-green ray.

Eye Beam - Burst 1 on N16 vs Fort, [roll0]
Damage - [roll1] dmg, damage, and the target takes ongoing 15 damage (save ends). Aftereffect: Ongoing 10 damage (save ends).

Chambers
2014-01-09, 07:02 PM
Harp

"That is way too many eyes for one head. Has anyone ever told you that?" Harp asks the beholder as he shuffles out from underneath it to stand near Zel. The yellow light from the beholders eye sticks to Harp and begins eating away at his clothes and skin. "Ow!" He glares at the beholder and claps his hands together sending a wave of gentle energy that washes over himself and his companions.

He then turns towards the beholder and almost goes dizzy trying to catch the abominations eyes in a stare. "Whoever heard of someone winning a staring contest with one of you anyway..." He mutters to himself and then snaps his fingers at the monster. "All eyes on me! That's a good abomination..."

Move Action: Shift to P12 (Epic Destiny allows him to Shift his speed as Move action).
Minor Action: Broken Chains (Stance). Effect: Until the stance ends, When an ally starts his or her turn Within 5 squares of you, that ally can make a saving throw against each effect on him or her that a save can end.
Standard Action: Forced Submission. Additional Effect: One ally within 10 can make a saving throw (Divine Covenant class feature) and Harp gains 15 Temp HP.

Forced Submission
Attack vs Will [roll0]
Hit [roll1] psychic damage and the target is Dominated (save ends). Until this domination ends you grant combat advantage.
The target takes a -2 penalty to saving throws against this domination and a -4 penalty on it's first save.

Saving Throw vs Ongoing 15 [roll2]

Powers Used (https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzQcUJ8mnBXGU1VXN01zeWd1dkE/edit?pli=1): Action Point, Word of the Gods, Forced Submission (Missed, Reliable), Broken Chains

Infernally Clay
2014-01-10, 12:37 PM
"First rule of combat!" Karion shouted, "Never let an opportunity be wasted!

Hold That Thought

Encounter. Weapon. Immediate Interrupt. Melee or Ranged.
Trigger: An enemy is missed by your ally's attack.
Target: The triggering enemy
Hit: [roll1] damage. The ally (Harp) can reroll his or her attack roll against the target and use either result.

"I assume having so many eyes must come in handy, but I don't think it'd help woo any ladies." Karion said, "So let's see if I can't give you some scars. Now that's something I know women love."

Standard: Hail of Steel

Encounter. Weapon. Standard.
Target: Beholder
Attack: [roll2] vs AC
Hit: [roll3] damage and every ally within
5 squares of you makes a basic attack against the target.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-01-10, 05:24 PM
Zel'phir takes the opening provided by Karion and fires another bolt at the beholder.

Using dual arrow

Rakaydos
2014-01-13, 02:53 PM
Inevitability struck in the opening provided.
[roll0] for [roll1]

Extra rolls: [roll2]

Irish Musician
2014-01-18, 01:13 AM
Having been thrown back by the beholder, Arjax shakes off the hit and spreads his wings. Knowing that his flying, at least, was not affected he jumps towards the beholder. Not able to attack quite yet, he sets himself up for a might hit for the future.

Actions
Double move to N13.

Unfortunately he is quite far away and can't really attack this round. He has his dragonbreath, but I think I will save that for a later round.

Rakaydos
2014-01-24, 01:58 AM
With the Beholder dazed, Inevitability twirls his weapon. two steps to the left, and the butt of his polearm plants into the stone of the bridge as he launches himself into the air. 15' in the air, his hand clamps around an eyestalk, and he swings up one handed, flipping agilly to land on his feet atop the Far Realm monstrocity, glaive trailing from his grip. As it follows him throigh his flip, Inevitability gives the blade one last flourish, bringing it down upon the very creature he stands on.

Minor: Stow Vorpal glaive

Move: High jump with running start: [roll0][roll1] (take highest)

Standard: Climb to the top of the beholder [roll2][roll3] (take highest)

Free: Fast hands to draw the Vorpal Glaive as a free action

Action Point: Weapon Master's Strike at +2 from CA (dazed): [roll4] On a hit, the beholder will provoke OAs when it shifts, I gain +1 AC, and it takes [roll5] damage (extra[roll6])
Regardless, the beholder is marked by me (-3 from mark), and any attacks it makes that doesnt include me provokes a Combat Challange Attack. (up to two per round)

Contingency: Opportunity Attack: Weaponmaster Strike [roll7] (agile Superiority is +7 to OAs)[roll8] damage (extra[roll9])

Contingency: Combat Challange attack 1: Melee Basic attack [roll10] (if it recovers from daze first, -2)[roll11] damage (extra[roll12])

Contingency: Combat Challange attack 2: Melee Basic attack [roll13] [roll14] damage (extra[roll15])

Contingency: If reduced to 0 HP: Melee Basic attack[roll8] [rollv]4d4+15[roll] damage (extra[roll16])

Contingency: Acrobatics check to remain on the beholder. [roll17][roll18] (take highest)

Irish Musician
2014-01-25, 04:32 PM
Bridges
It seems as soon as the first two bridges blink out of existence, they are back again. However following their appearance two more bridges disappear.

The two bridges that disappeared are now back, and two others have gone.

Round 2

Beholder
Not knowing exactly what is happening, the Beholder hovers there and is confused as to why it isn't attacking the evil enemies around it.

So, the Beholder is now "standing" on the ground. It has no legs so technically it isn't, but you get the picture. It is on the ground level, not prone, but standing. So just realized that Zel has the Beholder Immobilized, so he cannot lower himself to the ground.

[roll0]

If he saves from Dominated, I will be posting all the "Pre-turns" for everyone. That way, you know what will be coming at you, can take that into account, and can go ahead and take your turn with that knowledge.

Irish Musician
2014-01-26, 04:28 PM
Beholder Pre-Turn Attacks

The order of the attacks are also initiative order. I did not add the -3 from Inevitability's mark, so when you look subtract 3 from the total. And just to let you all know, using these Eye Ray attacks don't provoke Opportunity Attacks, so sayeth the power.

Vor - Not in range

Zel - Burst 1, [roll0] vs Fort; the target is slowed (save ends). First Failed Saving Throw: The target is immobilized insteadof slowed (save ends). Second Failed Saving Throw: The target is petrified.7

Kriv - Burst 1, [roll1] vs Fort, and the target takes ongoing 15 damage (save ends). Aftereffect: Ongoing 10 damage (save ends).

Harp - [roll2] vs Fort, [roll3], and the target takes ongoing 10 necrotic damage (save ends). First Failed Saving Throw: The target is weakened (save ends).

Karion - Burst 1, K - [rollv[1d20+34[/rollv], A - [roll4], [roll5], and the target must
make a basic attack against its nearest ally as a free action.

Inevitability - Area Burst 1, [roll6] vs Reflex, Take -2 to Reflex and at the start of the Target's turn, the Beholder pushes Inevit 6 squares (save ends both), Aftereffect: Push the target 3 at the start of its turn(save ends)

Arjax - Burst 1, A - [roll7], K - [roll8] vs Fort; the target is slowed (save ends). First Failed Saving Throw: The target is immobilized insteadof slowed (save ends). Second Failed Saving Throw: The target is petrified.

Shular
2014-01-28, 03:37 PM
Vor'gyr

Vor'gyr grimaces at the pain from his fall and the long distance from the enemy. On the plus side, he realizes he's not out of reach of the beholder's devestating attacks. He takes a few step to hide his location, then fires off two arrows in rapid succession. After the attack he once again becomes undetectable.

Move: K19
Standard: Twin Strike
Attack1: [roll1] vs AC (-2 for long distance)
Hit: [roll2] radiant damage
Attack2: [roll3] vs AC (-2 for long distance)
Hit: [roll4] radiant damage
Either hit: add [roll5] for quarry.
Minor: Cloaked in Shadow (hidden until he moves or attacks)

(On Kriv's turn)

As the beholder attempts to pre-empt Kriv's actions, Vor'gyr releases another arrow, hoping to throw off it's attack.

Immediate Interrupt: Disruptive Shot
Attack: [roll6]
Hit: [roll7] and beholder takes -11 to the attack on Kriv. Haven't looked at that attack yet.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-01-28, 04:04 PM
The beholder fires off a rapid volley of eyebeams, but none of them get close to touching Zel'phir. Still invisible, the drow slips closer to the dazed beholder.

Shift 2 squares.

Flit through Shadows: Shift 2 additional squares with concealment.
Shift to O13.

Lighter than Wind: +1 to attack after shifting or flying.

Gathering thoughts to bring mental toil and anguish to the surface, he lets the emotions flow into a blast of power that slams into the beholder.

Close burst 2 (enemies in burst) Attack: [roll0] vs Fortitiude
Hit: [roll1] damage and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn.

Son_of_Meepo
2014-01-28, 04:15 PM
Zel'phir slides the beholder further away from the edge of the bridge.

The beholder takes 9 damage and slides to M13:O15.

He then fires another bolt into the beholder.

Make an at-will attack against a creature you have already hit with an attack this turn.

Using Dual Arrow +4
Attack: [roll0] or [roll1] vs Reflex.

Zel'phir then withdraws back into the hall and around the corner.

Zel'phir moves speed +2.

Move to K6.

Stealth: [roll3]

Binks
2014-01-30, 01:39 PM
Kriv, hovering a short distance away, observes as one of the beholder's eyes focuses on him...then is knocked out of alignment by a well timed arrow. With a silent nod of appreciation in the general direction of the arrow's origin he takes the moment's respise to recover from the earlier effects the creature had laid on him before moving in to attack.

Start of Turn - Font of Life vs. -5 def and pull. Succeeded (see OOC).

Move - Fly to L16, same level as beholder.
Standard - Thunderhead Strike
[roll0] vs. AC (+2 bonus from previous turn's dragon's breath)
Hit:
[roll1] thunder damage
The target falls prone. If it stands before the end of my next turn it takes 10 extra thunder damage.

Minor - I've got nothing.

End of Turn - My +2 to ref and +2 atk/dmg to lightning/thunder powers effects end.