PDA

View Full Version : Turn/Rebuke Attempts when you are Evil

metalith
2013-09-23, 05:20 PM
Looking to boost the number of turn/rebuke attempts I can have, without blowing all my feats on Extra Turning and forbidden on stacking Nightsticks. Since I am looking for creating a high DMM Evil character.

I have see a lot of PrC that allow good characters to gain multiple powers of turn attempts, but I haven't been finding a lot of PrC for evil characters that does the same. Either you have to multi-base class or just gain 4 Extra Turn/Rebuke attempts but not another pool.

Elemental turn/rebukes are not usable for DMM.

Big Fau
2013-09-23, 05:30 PM
Channel Incarnum, dipping Dread Necromancer, and getting Rebuke Dragons, all of which can explicitly be used with Divine feats. You could easily get 2 of those on a standard Cleric build (dipping DN and taking Rebuke Dragons). This may or may not make it so Extra Turning provides an effective 8 additional turn attempts, which makes the feat incredible for a Persist Cleric.

Edit: And a Prestige Paladin dip (although you'd need to get the DM to allow you to alter the alignment requirements to match the Paladin of Tyranny/Slaughter variants).

aeauseth
2013-09-23, 06:45 PM
A short excerpt from my Divine Metamagic cheat sheet:

Reliquary Holy Symbol: +2 turns
Nightstick: +4 turns
Extra Turning: +4 turns
Any Charisma +2 item: +1 turn
Cast Eagle’s Splendor: +2 turns
Channel Incarnum (Azurin race), Destroy Undead and Rebuke Dragons will power divine feats. Sacred Exorcist gives you Turn Undead. So it may be possible to double (or more) the number of turns you get per day for use with DMM. Remember that Extra Turning adds 4 to ALL your turning pools.

Mithril Leaf
2013-09-23, 08:57 PM
Cloistered Cleric 1/ Channel Incarnum Spontaneous Cleric 1/ Rebuke Dragons Cleric 1/ Mystic (DLCS) 1/ Dread Necromancer 1 gives you 5 pools for use with Chameleon.

herrhauptmann
2013-09-23, 11:05 PM
A short excerpt from my Divine Metamagic cheat sheet:

Channel Incarnum (Azurin race), Destroy Undead and Rebuke Dragons will power divine feats.

They do? I thought it was specifically turn/rebuke undead. Things like turn/rebuke fire (water domain) didn't power divine feats or devotions.

For your list, factotum.
Divine inspiration gives turn undead for each inspiration point you spend.

Flickerdart
2013-09-23, 11:13 PM
They do? I thought it was specifically turn/rebuke undead. Things like turn/rebuke fire (water domain) didn't power divine feats or devotions.
Some things specify that they work just like Turn Undead for divine feats.

lsfreak
2013-09-23, 11:26 PM
Cloistered Cleric 1/ Channel Incarnum Spontaneous Cleric 1/ Rebuke Dragons Cleric 1/ Mystic (DLCS) 1/ Dread Necromancer 1 gives you 5 pools for use with Chameleon.

Of course, three of those are very, very dubious to use on the same character. Getting dragons/incarnum on a cleric, rebuke on dread necro, and later turning through sacred exorcist works with no questionable class overlap for three pools. If destroy undead is available on a paladin, you've got that, though eating up 4 levels for an additional pool probably isn't worth it.

metalith
2013-09-24, 07:57 AM
While thankful for the a lot of the information but apparently some where just going off of turn and not what I was looking for.

Sacred Exorcist is a no go for an evil character. No shifting alignments during character creation.

Using Cloister Cleric and regular cleric in the same build would probably have the DM through the book at me. And trying to avoid using Dread Necromancer. Trying to maintain as high a caster level as I can.

lsfreak
2013-09-24, 12:42 PM
Sacred Exorcist is a no go for an evil character. No shifting alignments during character creation.

Sorry, had a Dumb Moment and forgot most people enforce alignment restrictions on PrCs :smallredface:

Off the top of my head, you're out of luck except for sucking it up and grabbing a level of dread necro, and that only works if you don't already have Rebuke Undead but grabbed the dragon/incarnum version (or destroy undead? I honestly haven't ever seen it, just heard about it second-hand, so I dunno if it's evil-available).