PDA

View Full Version : What Class would you take after this?

Yogibear41
2013-09-23, 07:42 PM
Looking at starting a new character to replace my one that was killed last session :smallfrown:

Still waiting on Dm approval but would like to use this http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=5423.0 barghest class as the base

I think he is going to let me start at 3rd level and I plan to start barghest2/sorcerer 1 ending up at barghest4/sorcerer 2 by level 6. After that I plan to take all 5 levels of abjurant champion, ending up with 10 bab and 7 levels of casting by 11th level, however I am not sure where to go from here.

Since my bab is so high and I have already missed out on 4 caster levels I would like to go down a gish'ish path, however using this barghest class I do not gain martial weapon proficiency(im going to use my level 1 feat to pick up a single martial weapon proficiency to qualify for abjurant champion)

I may or may-not take the single level Barghest prestige class found further down the page from the original one.

I'd like a class that grants full casting, full bab and decent sized hit die as we have pounce for everything as a general house rule, and I don't want to get killed in one round without being able to react. I'd be willing to drop down to medium bab if it got me a higher hit die and full casting or close to full casting.

Feat wise I plan to go
1st martial weapon proficiency (probably bow or something)
3rd practiced spell caster
6th combat casting
9th and so on ?

We are also allowed flaws even some that are mainly just for roleplaying purposes, so I might be able to squeeze out an additional feat or 2 for first level, if I can think of something that fits and my DM accepts it.

EDIT: Will be LE alignment as normal for a barghest

lsfreak
2013-09-23, 07:46 PM
I don't have an answer to your question, but don't you usually have to take all levels in a monster class before you can start to "multiclass?" Am I misremembering something, or is this being handwaved, or...?

Yogibear41
2013-09-23, 07:52 PM
I'm fairly positive you don't have to take them all. That is a rule in Savage Species for its monster classes though, which is probably where you are getting that from.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-09-23, 07:58 PM
Standard gish-y follow-ups to Abjurant Champion include Knight Phantom (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20050706a&page=4), Eldrich Knight, Jade Phoenix Mage, and Sacred Exorcist.

Yogibear41
2013-09-23, 09:40 PM
Yes, but I don't have the weapon proficiencies to qualify for those, and sacred exocists is going to be a no go, cuz well I'm a barghest....