PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Shot

kirerellim
2013-09-23, 07:43 PM
Being still new to Psionics, I'm curious about a few things.

1. Is expending your focus a free action?
2. If so, if you did a full ranged attack after activating Psionic shot, is 2d6 added to all of your arrows for that attack?

I have two more, but they have to wait until I know this for sure lol

lsfreak
2013-09-23, 07:54 PM
From the Psionic Feats section of the SRD:

Expending your psionic focus does not require an action; it is part of another action (such as using a feat). When you expend your psionic focus, it applies only to the action for which you expended it.
So it's a non-action made as part of an attack action or full attack. It applies only to a single attack, not every attack during a full attack, as clarified by the feat itself. (That said, off the top of my head, I wouldn't consider it out of the question to make it apply to every attack, but it's solidly in houserule territory).

Manly Man
2013-09-23, 08:25 PM
As said, expending psionic foci isn't even an action, i's something that's tacked onto an action. As for the shot, most DMs are probably going to rule that it's only on the one shot, though because I like being nice to characters who bother with more than just abusing spells or powers, I'd rule that it applies to every one. If you were, say, to use a bow that has deep crystals embedded into it, then I'd say you have to pay two power points for each arrow that's shot to get another 2d6, but that's beside the point.

kirerellim
2013-09-23, 10:21 PM
Hmm ok well then I have a second question. If I had a psi crystal, would it be raw for me and the crystal to expend both our foci to apply the feat to my level 7 characters two shots?

TuggyNE
2013-09-23, 10:42 PM
Hmm ok well then I have a second question. If I had a psi crystal, would it be raw for me and the crystal to expend both our foci to apply the feat to my level 7 characters two shots?

Assuming you have Psicrystal Containment, yes, that is pretty much exactly what it's there for.

Psyren
2013-09-24, 12:03 AM
The Pathfinder version (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unleashed/feats/psionic-shot-psionic) lets you maintain focus to apply a (smaller) bonus to every shot in your full attack instead of expending it for the bigger bonus on one.

kirerellim
2013-09-24, 02:35 AM
Oh I like that I think that's getting brought over thanks!