PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Wallop for slashing/piercing weapons?

Yogibear41
2013-09-23, 09:46 PM
Is there a version of Might Wallop that affects slashing/piercing weapons? If so what and where is it?

Eonir
2013-09-23, 10:04 PM
Sadly, there is not.

However, I faintly remember there being a weapon enchant that let slashing weapons be treated as bludgeoning. It's what allows the lightning maces combo to work incredibly effectively. IIRC.

ZeroSpace9000
2013-09-23, 10:42 PM
Eonir, that would be the Aptitude ability, but it merely let the enchanted weapon qualify in place of another kind for prerequisite purposes. The ability itself is in Tome of Battle.

I don't remember the wording off the top of my head though, so it could go either way. I would be fine with letting it work, personally, but I doubt RAW is on your side in this. Check with your DM before attempting this.

Yogibear41
2013-09-24, 12:08 AM
How about, instead is there anyway to make natural claw attacks do bludgeoning damage instead then?

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-24, 12:20 AM
IIRC, bite attacks count as Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing, so you could technically use MW on a bite.

IronFist
2013-09-24, 12:20 AM
How about, instead is there anyway to make natural claw attacks do bludgeoning damage instead then?

Beast Strike adds your claw damage to unarmed strikes.

thethird
2013-09-24, 09:33 AM
earth hammer (RoS) makes weapons deal damage as bludgeoning.

Psyren
2013-09-24, 11:24 AM
IIRC, bite attacks count as Bludgeoning, Piercing and Slashing, so you could technically use MW on a bite.

Correct on both counts

ahenobarbi
2013-09-24, 11:52 AM
Enlarge Weapon from Complete Scoundrel is similar but gives only 1 size increase. Making weapon of Gold (Magic of Faerun) will boost damage a bit too.

shaikujin
2013-09-24, 01:04 PM
Don't know of any version of Mighty wallop and its' greater cousin that applies to non-bludgeoning weapons.

However, you can cast it on your unarmed attack (which is also easy to raise to beyond what the best weapon can do, esp with a couple of monk levels and monk items), then have that increased damage be applied to a weapon via the Scorpion Kama (a slashing weapon).

Then give the Scorpion Kama the morphing property (maybe sizing as well) and change it to any weapon you like.

Helcack
2013-09-24, 03:00 PM
I have a Greatsword and I use a Reinforced Sheath* on it for Mighty Wallop personally. This gives a substantial -2 to attacks, but the weapon is considered bludgeoning and does the same damage so I believe by RAW it would work for Mighty Wallop. This is only if you are allowed Dragon Magazine material though.

*:DR 324 pg. 57