View Full Version : [IC] Expedition Beneath: Thread the Negative First

RFLS
2013-09-24, 11:56 AM
Expedition Beneath

The Scientists

Players

{table=head] Player | Character | Race | Class | Alignment
RFLS | Punpun | Kobold | Yes | LN
Lateral | Zara (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=658373) | Unknown | Healer | TN
AwkwardTurtle | Acera (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=662566) | Gnome | Diviner/Beguiler | NE
NotScaryBats | Kikirokars (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=659900) | Kobold | Theurge | LN
Salt3d | Digger (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=658477) | Warforged | Artificer | TN
Thokk_Smash | Tiberius (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=657526) | Aasimar | Healer | NG
Rizhail | Sellissa (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=660318) | Half-Fiend | Rogue/Sorc | TN
[/table]

You stand beneath the floating city of Turrif, home of over a hundred thousand gnomes, and nearly that many of the other humanoid species. A natural marvel, it serves as the trading hub for the entire eastern half of New Zarna, and the de facto capital. Airships whisk overhead, spreading out across the continent in a wave of trade and travel, bearing strange machines and stranger people to all the corners of the world.

Here, though, stand some of the strangest. Beneath the sprawling city lie tunnels, worked tunnels, as by men or their kin. They lie abandoned, filled with the dust of centuries, but delve far in to the ground. Miners have begun boring into them while working beneath the city, and it is for this purpose that you have come together. An expedition has been formed to delve this strange find, to see what might be gleaned from it.

--------------------------------------------

A short, even by his specie's standards, gnome, rushes into the tent you've been seated in. He looks flustered, and glances at a list in his hands. "My apologies, those meatheads had more questions than you'd believe...."

Looking at the list, he mutters to himself briefly. "Kiki....Tiberius, Zara, good got the medics...."Digger"...? Oh, the mechanic....Acera and Sellissa...okay! Looks like everyone is present. This group represents a large portion of the scientists and prospectors joining the mission. You've probably all met Kiki, head of the Kobold Miners' Union. They've funded a fair chunk of this expedition. After her, we've got Acera and Sellissa. They're along as arcanists, and should be able to suss out any magical issues you come across. After that, you've all met, or at least seen, "Digger." He's an accomplished mechanic and will be running things on that end. After that we've got the group's medics, Tiberius and Za-"

He frowns mid-gesture. He's run out of people in the room after pointing out Tiberius. He glances at his roster again.

"Anyone seen Zara?"

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-24, 01:01 PM
The tall-ish man (taller than the average, he'd say defiantly) with the short-cut silver hair looks around curiously. Their group is already eclectic: a warforged; a woman with some sort of fiendish or devilish blood in her ancestry; a kobold (he hasn't seen one in almost a decade, he'd forgotten how reptilian they are); a gnome (representing the local interests, of course); a man with celestial ancestry (himself, of course); and one abstinence. Apparently this Zara is to be a medic alongside himself: it would help tremendously to confer with each other as to what each could and could not do, so as to better plan how to keep their group alive. He scratches absently at the prominent scar running along his bare arm, right next to the slight protrusions of bone. The scar seems to bother him more than the unnatural mass of osteocytes jutting out of his skin.

Haven't a clue, boss, he says, shrugging. He turns to the group at large and bows his head in greeting. If I may take the time to say, sir: as part of the medic duo, it's my job (and Zara's, wherever they are) to keep you guys alive. I have some potions to distribute later. I imagine they won't last the expedition, but hopefully they can keep you alive if we can't get to you immediately. I hope to see you all through this alive; but if I fail in that endeavor, I hope you all would consider allowing me to salvage your organs. I have ways to preserve them for days, even weeks at a time; and why waste a perfectly good heart or lungs? .

I'm looking forward to working with you all, he finishes up with a small smile. He settles back onto his heels, waiting for the head gnome to finish speaking.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-24, 02:54 PM
Kiki inclines her head graciously when her introduction is given. "Lookin' forward ta workin' with ya'all," she drawls easily, letting the gnome finish his introductions. The two foot tall kobold is wearing finely made clothing, with a holy symbol of Kurtulmak prominent on her chest.

When it becomes apparent that one of their number is absent, the gold and purple kobold taps her chin with a manicured claw, "Late on 'er first day? Where'd you git this one, huh?" she mutters good-naturedly.

AwkwardTurtle
2013-09-24, 10:10 PM
A young, willowy gnome with long dark hair and eyes steps forward from the background as Acera is called. She is wearing dark, nondescript clothing except for an odd necklace of what looks like animal bones.

Hello, everyone.

She waves her hand and four wisps of light appear and weave through those gathered. The four lights gather and rise into a spiral before disappearing.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-25, 12:59 AM
The kobold lets a few moments pass before laughing and slapping her knee, "naw, I ain't seen Zara, but th' girl's round here somewhere -- gal's got a real translucent quality to 'er, so I don' s'pose any'o'us'll be seein' too much've'er."

Kiki continues to smile in her draconian manner, sharp, clean teeth bared in a friendly manner. The matter being settled, she briskly claps her clawed hands together and rubs them in a 'let's get down to business' manner. "Now we're all here, how long til we git down to th' tunnels? I'm rarin' ta go!"

salt3d
2013-09-25, 01:27 AM
Digger stands motionless at the back of the group, a mass of iron and steel, with some more exotic metals evident in the exposed gears at its joints. While not especially tall at six feet, Digger's frame is almost as wide, giving it a heavy-set appearance.

A faint whirring of gears can be heard from within the construct's head as its brass eyes rotate towards each person as they speak. A dim white light can be seen through the holes in each eye. The light changes to a brilliant green as a voice emanates from its otherwise still countenance.

"I am Digger."

Rizhail
2013-09-25, 08:01 PM
"I'm Sellissa," the fiendish woman added after everyone else's introduction. She'd chosen to forgo her wings for now (flight being rather pointless underground, she expected), but kept the rest of her fiendish features on display, her horns and tail the most prominent. "And while I'm happy to have a few skilled healers along, I'll keep my organs right where they are, even in death," she said while looking Tiberious in the eye. Her smile and casual tone made it clear she found his comment morbidly amusing.

"So, when do we start this little adventure?"

RFLS
2013-09-26, 10:50 AM
The gnome grimaces at the word "adventure," but replies civilly enough. "You'll be leaving tomorrow morning shortly after daybreak. The last preparations are being made now. You'll each be given a few people of various specialties to work with. You will, of course, be in charge, at the top of your specialties as you are."

A dwarf comes in, beard nicely trimmed and groomed, and, oddly for a dwarf, he's wearing a suit. He hands the gnome a slip of paper and whispers something in his ear. The gnome's expression is one of brief bemusement, and then he says to the group.

"It appears that Zara is here after all. She is, as Kiki mentioned, invisible. She's also incapable of speech, relying on telepathy instead. Each of you will feel a brief pressure at the back of your mind. If you would be so kind as to not resist it, she will form a telepathic bond with you, allowing her to communicate at will. I'm assured that she cannot read your mind in this manner, unless you wish her to do so."

Lateral
2013-09-26, 03:04 PM
Suddenly, you all feel a small pulse in the back of your head, and you can feel a thought that, though you can discern no words, clearly expresses a polite request.

Y/N?

Y
The pressure expands, so that you can feel it across the entirety of your nervous system, but it quickly fades so that you're barely even conscious of it.

Simultaneously, you all 'hear' a soft voice speaking, though it clearly does not emanate from anywhere except your own mind.

Hello.

She's laconic.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-26, 05:09 PM
Kiki responds with a quick "Yes," in her mind, then speaks aloud, "Howdy, glad to make your acquaintance and all that, ya'all." She goes around, shaking claws with the gathered scientists and making smalltalk.

"Sellissa, eh? Haven't seen too much've you an' yours 'round these parts -- you been here in the New Continent long?"

"Now, Digger -- you I know -- err, I mean, Grendo, I know. I can't say we've ever had th' time ta talk, you an' I but here we are now. How's he been treatin' you up in that lab've his?"

"Vara's followers and Kurtulmak's have always been on good terms, an' I like your style, gnome. Acera, was it? Good ta see we have some godly folks on the expedition."

"Tiberius, I can't say I know a whole lottabout you. You sure are a tall one, though, ain'tcha? Y'know I got a spell fer that if th' caves git too clausterphobic fer ya." The kobold winks at him.

I noticed in the other thread you said we'll fast forward once the scientists are done. I am willing to rp some smalltalk if you all want to do that, or just sweep it under the rug and fastforward, too; whichever you wanna do.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-26, 08:23 PM
Tiberius feels the pressure on his mind and allows it to spread; he has felt stranger things, typically introduced into his mind by himself. That graft that lets him go without sleep hadn't implanted itself, after all. Hello, my fellow medic, he thinks in a friendly manner. I've met a few adventures whose power sprang from their minds and thoughts. I assume your method of healing is based on this mental power as well, then? That should make coordination easier, as well as keeping everyone alive.

He turns to face the kobold and smiles. If you knew about me, then I'd be quite shocked indeed. I hail from a small village in the outskirts of Vaern; I haven't been to the New Continent before, although I was itching to get back out. A man can only stay in one place for so long before he needs a change of scenery. I've been in caves before; had plenty of time to study them while adventuring with my mentor, and I'm happy to say I'm not claustrophobic.

Lateral
2013-09-26, 08:30 PM
Mostly, yes. To be clear, my duties do extend beyond application of curatives; I am also obligated to provide preventative medicine and combat enhancement, as well as direct real-time tactical data and analysis.

I'm not sure if that thought was directed to everyone or to Zara specifically, but if it's the latter, she'll be networking it to the others and relaying her response to everybody. For reference, if anyone's telepathy is meant to be only to one person, please use a spoiler, with no spoiler if it's for everyone in the collective; it makes my life, and I'm betting RFLS' too, waaay easier.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-26, 08:55 PM
That one was effectively a party-wide broadcast, then, I guess.

My abilities extend beyond curatives as well. Poison, disease, impaired abilities due to negative energy are all within my ability to treat. Being able to coordinate all within range of your telepathy is something I envision being quite useful in the tunnels, however. Quite the impressive set of skills you have, he thinks with admiration in his telepathic voice.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-26, 09:27 PM
Kiki taps her amethyst and gold nose with a clawed finger. "I reckon we'll be goin' pretty durn deep, m'friend, so its real good you ain't scared of a mile'a earth 'tween you'n the stars. Never do know wit' you tall folk. Why, I once met this human -- real tall one, had a lil' giant in 'em I reckon -- and he couldn't step one toe 'neath rock 'fore he was weepin' an' cryin' like a hatchling."

AwkwardTurtle
2013-09-26, 10:06 PM
Acera looks around, avoiding any eye contact that might be mistaken for friendly invitation. She looks at the gnome with the clipboard.

Can we go now?

RFLS
2013-09-26, 10:21 PM
The gnome clears his throat impatiently. He's got a stack of envelopes in his hands, and begins passing them out to you. The envelopes contain lists of those under your command, and a description of your duties within the expedition.

You have been placed in charge of the mechanics and technicians of this expedition. There are half a dozen, all told. While they are largely self directing, you will be expected to take charge should the need arise. Enclosed, you will find a small lens, which may be placed before your eye at any time. It will display magical auras for you.

It's an eye-socket item of permanent detect magic. Requires a hand to use.

You have been placed in charge of the investigation of arcana discovered on the expedition. A pair of young wizards has been placed under your command; they will introduce themselves to you when the expedition is underway. Additionally, Sellissa has been instructed to assist you in arcane matters, should you require her.

We have reason to believe that this expedition will encounter intelligence of some sort while you are down there. To that end, you have been selected as lead diplomat. Given that this will not be a full time occupation, you are to assist Acera in arcane matters, should she require it.

You have been placed in charge of the miners of the expedition. They will report to you on all mineral finds and other matters of that nature. Given their rather sensitive prospecting equipment, you will find yourself working closely with the warforged Digger.

You have been placed in charge of the medical teams. You are responsible for the physical well-being of the expedition's crew. You have the right and responsibility to request help from Zara in these matters, though she has other duties to attend to at times. There are three medics under your command; they will introduce themselves to you in due time.

Given your rather unorthodox methodology, you will not be in charge of any particular people. However, you have been tasked with coordination between groups. To that end, you will find a small crystal enclosed, with a chain about it. Wearing this crystal, about your neck or head, will expand your telepathic range tenfold.

RFLS
2013-09-26, 10:30 PM
The Next Day

Night comes, and silence falls about the camp. The last supplies are stowed, ready for the morning, and the camp sleeps. When day breaks, so does the camp. All told, there are nearly forty members on the expedition. Nothing is taken in on vehicles; your equipment and supplies are to be carried by hand. The expedition enters the largest of the tunnels yet found, and begins following it, as planned. The tunnel slopes gently downwards, and a cool breeze rises out of it.

The stonework of the tunnel is clearly shaped by hands. Mortar and stones make the walls; the floor is cobbled. Plantlife, mostly fungi of some variety or other, lines the walls and pushes through the floor. It's clear that no one has lived here in a long time.

The stonework is strangely shaped, and reminds you of nothing you've seen.

AwkwardTurtle
2013-09-27, 11:03 AM
Acera looks at the opening, puzzled.

[roll0]

This style was not in any of the architecture books at the temple. Is it Dwarven?

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-28, 12:37 AM
Tiberius hoists his backpack a bit higher on his shoulders, looking around at the various humanoids around him. He is responsible for their welfare now, and decides to begin by inspecting his new clients. Well, inspect them as well as he can while on the move. It would have to be mobile chats, then.

Walking up to the nearest member of the expedition, he says, Hello, there. The name's Tiberius Vaerd, chief medic on this expedition. I'm just making my way through the crowd, meeting as many people as I can. Tell me, have you been experiencing any unusual pains or rashes that you don't know the cause of? He keeps his tone friendly but firm as he looks the man over for any outward signs of ill-feelings.

Once finished with his questions, he bids the man good day and moves onto the next.

Taking 10 on Spot and Heal for a total of 25 for both on each person. I'm assuming that Heal can be used in a rough diagnostic fashion; being a Xenoalchemist doesn't hurt in that regard.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-28, 03:16 AM
Kiki, not having any particular knowledge of architecture, doesn't make too much of a fuss over the strange cobblestones and other stonework. She's quite excited to meet the unique creatures that created them, however.

Not having much to add to the expedition, yet, the dragonwrought kobold moves things along with the group, a smile on her draconic face.

salt3d
2013-09-29, 11:13 AM
The last few members of the expedition stride past Digger as they embark. The construct remains inert, envelope in hand, until a young man absent-mindedly bumps into it. As the man limps away holding his leg and cursing, Digger says "Off we go, then."

Rizhail
2013-09-29, 04:53 PM
"It's strange to see cobblestone paving in a tunnel, isn't it?" Sellissa remarked as the expedition embarked. "That's something you usually see on busy roads. I wonder how much traffic this place must have had in its day. "

RFLS
2013-09-30, 06:46 PM
The Tunnels:

Eventually, miles of tunnels later, the expedition comes to a large archway, made of granite blocks. Strange, flowing runes cover the surface of the blocks, and a network of inlaid vines in various stones brackets the runes.

The archway opens into a vast cavern. A faint light illuminates it throughout, though the source is unclear. The cobblestones continue into the cavern, cracked and broken through years of disuse. Doorways are set about the face of the cavern, and in the center stands an ancient, long-dry fountain.

The expedition files in one at a time, marveling at the stonework of the long-gone civilization.

The runes are an alphabet as opposed to pictorial representation. There are 30 or so characters present.

The stonework is all cemented, belying a fairly advanced civilization, in some aspects, at least. The doorways are all built for a people that stand at about 5' 6" tall on average, with humanoid proportions.

There are fresh animal droppings in some of the corners. Large animal droppings.

The droppings are that of the remorhaz, a large, burrowing insect with a supernatural ability to generate intense heat.

They tend to either roam singly or nest in large numbers. There's more poop in the various corners and crannies than one of them could produce in a lifetime.

[roll0]

From within some of the doorways, you hear faint skittering and chattering.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-30, 06:58 PM
After speaking with Thalen and Tob for a bit longer, Tiberius eventually makes his way back to the center ranks of the expedition. As they pass through the cavern, he looks around curiously.

Survival: [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana) if if successful: [roll1]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) for the heck of it: [roll2]
Listen: [roll3]

Raising his brow, he speaks in his mind:

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but there are rather large animal droppings that belong to a magical beast called a Remorhaz. I fear that we may be stumbling onto a nest of the creatures, and it might be best if you notify everyone that you are able to immediately.

Ninja'd. Good job, Lateral. :smallbiggrin:

Lateral
2013-09-30, 07:02 PM
Remorhaz, Zara thinks to the others. Burrowing monster, generates intense heat. Be careful when striking it, and try not to let it swallow you.

AwkwardTurtle
2013-09-30, 07:21 PM
Acera backs away slowly and nervously.

I believe there might be more than one. Quite a few, actually.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-30, 07:49 PM
[roll0] know arch
[roll1] know dungeoneering (just in case)
[roll2] listen

As the alarm begins to be raised among the expedition, Kiki positions herself towards the back / middle of the group -- gotta make sure those guards do their duty proper.

Lateral
2013-09-30, 08:04 PM
Agreed, and they may be capable of digging through the stonework. Everyone, stay on your toes.

We may come under attack at any time. I am prepared to take preventative action. Requesting permission to network injuries.

I should be able to cast Share Pain through the collective- if I spend the maximum 8 PP on it using Spirit of Many, I should be able to have damage run through five people in a circle, effectively making any damage taken by anyone in the circle distributed evenly into everyone else. Should prevent anything like what happened to Wulgren in the other game, at least to the five of you, and it makes my healing and Vigors more effective.

Also, either way, readying an action to manifest Vigor for 8 PP.

NotScaryBats
2013-09-30, 08:10 PM
As the info comes through the bond that we may come under attack at any moment, Kiki fingers her holy symbol of Kurtulmak and exercises a small amount of divine power, casting it about the group.

Kiki will cast Mass Aid, a 45 foot close spell, giving everyone in the range a +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves vs fear, as well as [roll0] temporary hp for 8 minutes. She tries to hit the most people she can with the spell.

Thokk_Smash
2013-09-30, 08:44 PM
Mulling it over quickly, Tiberius intones quick yet simple words of protection as he motions toward the guards in front.

Divine Protection twice to catch the main guards and anyone else within the total 80ft diameter, which is probably everyone. +2 morale bonus to AC and saves.

If he has the time, he will also cast Mass Resist Energy (Fire) twice to get the main guards and whoever else is closest to the doors.

Rizhail
2013-10-01, 08:16 AM
I'm not quite sure what you mean, Zara, but feel free to include me if need be.

"Giant burrowing monsters? Well, diplomacy won't be an option then," Sellissa chimed in from her place in the middle of the group. "I'm assuming they're susceptible to necromancy spells and the like?"

Sellissa puts up a Mage Armor spell on herself, just in case.

Also, RFLS, would a Knowledge (Arcana) check allow Sellissa to know what a Remorhaz would consider its natural enemy or prey? I might play around with an illusion or two if worse comes to worse.

Knowledge (Arcana) roll: [roll0]

AwkwardTurtle
2013-10-01, 04:43 PM
There are 12 within 100 feet of us. I can feel their minds. They're hiding in the doors.

I activate my wand of shield, and get to the back of the party.

NotScaryBats
2013-10-01, 07:48 PM
"Shoot, jus' a dozen? This'll be no problem," Kiki says placidly, going with the vogue and casting an abjuration on herself.

Kiki casts Mage Armor on herself.

Lateral
2013-10-01, 08:00 PM
Very well. Brace yourselves, everyone.

Thirteen PP to chain everyone in the collective's damage, as mentioned before. Everyone except Tiberius, Thalen, and Delgar are now sharing their damage. Whenever damage is dealt to anyone in the collective, everyone will take 1/9th of that; should prevent instant death, I don't want RFLS to pull another Wulgren

AwkwardTurtle
2013-10-02, 08:35 PM
There is someone, or something, coming. Someone.......old. Let me see if I can learn more.

Acera's eyes glow blue as she casts Arcane Sight.

I concentrate first on the person/thing coming and then on Zara.

NotScaryBats
2013-10-03, 03:23 AM
"Y'mean other'n the Ramorhazz? Shoot, an' here I thought it was jus' gonna be a quick fight. Y'think it wants ta talk?" Kiki cracks her tiny draconic knuckles idly, watching the various doorways around the room cautiously.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-04, 07:53 AM
The tense silence makes Tiberius uneasy. Moving closer to the front of the group, he raises his hands and intones another prayer. With an invisible burst of energy, those closest to him gain a shimmering field of energy around their body. It quickly dissipates, but its power can still be felt. Quickly, he takes his place back in the middle of the group.

Mass Shield of Faith, catching the guards and anyone within 40ft of me. +4 Deflection bonus for 8 minutes.

RFLS
2013-10-04, 10:30 AM
The presence below has no spellcasting or spell-like abilities at all.

About 50 feet below your feet, it ceases rising, and simply sits still, doing nothing.

Around you, you hear the chittering of the remorhaz and the scraping of stone. It sounds (and, to the mind readers among you, feels) as though they're panicked. None of them emerge from the doorways.

Archmage1
2013-10-04, 10:52 AM
Thalen mutters to himself, looking around at the open doorways.
"They should have attacked by now..."
He turns, looking back at the scientists.
"Do any of you know why the remhoraz have not attacked? They should have, by now."

Shifting over, as requested. Making sure that this post might get a response.

RFLS
2013-10-04, 10:53 AM
One of the guards (the strange one with swords for hands) wanders over to one of the doorways and peers in. Almost simultaneously, the mental presence beneath your feet surges upwards, rocketing for the center of the cavern.

The fountain explodes in a shower of stone, spraying shards everywhere throughout the cavern. Some massive creature has burst through it, all scales and claws and teeth. It lashes out, catching two of the miners in its claws. Their screams fill the air as it shreds them to pieces.

Tob, Kiki, Zara, Digger, Delgar, and Geden go first.
Then the creature.
Then everyone else.

That was the surprise round.

It's a linnorm of some sort; a primordial dragon with no flight, but immense physical strength. They tend to breathe fire or acid, and are cunning opponents. They're very, very hard to hurt, too. Cold iron will wound them easily, though.

Whoever slays one is subject to a terrible curse.

Here you go, jackass. (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/linnorm/linnorm-crag) XD

Against the stone shards getting sprayed everywhere. [roll0] slashing and bludgeoning damage. Save is for half.

Archmage1
2013-10-04, 11:02 AM
Thalen, looking outwards, is taken by surprise when the creature tunnels up in an explosion, taking numerous minor wounds from the shards. The injuries start to heal before everyone's eyes, but it will take some time before they are completely closed.

"Get it away from the workers and scientists!"

He tries yelling at it, hoping to attract its attention(Because that is a good idea, right?)
"Hey, Worm! You think you are powerful! Why don't you try taking on someone that can actually fight back?"

AngryCyc
2013-10-04, 11:14 AM
Tob

Tob charges at the new threat, stabbing and hacking with his arms. His dire bat also makes an attempt to disrupt the beast.

To hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
Crit confirm (range 18-20):
[roll2]
[roll3]

Damage:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Crit damage:
[roll6]
[roll7]

If first attack hits, second attack deals an additional [roll8]
If a third attack happens from a trip, and either one of the first two attacks hit, same additional [roll9]

If either attack hits, auto trip attempt [roll10] if it's Large or larger, otherwise, 4 less than that, and it neither provokes an AoO, nor does it get to trip me back if it fails.

FINAL IF! If it is tripped, I get another attack against it,
[roll11]
[roll12]
And any damage while it's prone adds an additional [roll13] for if the first attack trips it and the trip-attack hits, and another [roll14] in case it is tripped and also the last attack hits.

And after missing horribly, the Dire Bat kicks up a cloud of dust to help conceal the other members of the expedition.
Winged Warrior maneuver thingy:
the draft creates a hemispherical cloud with a radius of 20 feet. Clear vision within the cloud is limited to 10 feet. Creatures 11 to 20 feet away have concealment. At over 20 feet, creatures have total concealment.

Gnarnia
2013-10-04, 04:39 PM
Delgar (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=658776)

"By the Gods! The carnage!" At first you think Delgar taken aback by the corpses of the miners which have been now torn to bloodied bits and chunks of flesh, but as you follow his eyes, you realize he's staring squarely at the ruins of the stone fountain.

"How long had that stood... so lovingly crafted by hands long gone. How long had that stone slept and dreamt of once more bringing lifegiving water from the depths to those who lived here. You'll pay for this, beast.

You'll pay... dearly."

Delgar drops his mining pick to the ground and draws his longaxe. His muscles tighten their grip, his veins pulsing as he flies into a rage over the destruction of the ancient stonework fountain. GRRRAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Free action to drop heavy pick
Draw longaxe as part of movement
Double move behind the dragon if he can make it that far, otherwise he'll stop alongside the thing (can move up to 80' in a double move). He'll be stopping 10 feet distant from the Dragon (he plans on using power attack which will push the longaxe up to 10' reach instead of 5')
Free action to enter berzerk rage (let's assume he completes entering his range sometime after he draws the attack of opportunity :))

Rage effects: +4 CON, +4 STR, +2 morale on will saves (superceded by the morale bonus he got from someone's group buff), -2 AC (stupid armor check penalties, grrr).

Also, Chunk continues guarding thalen as per its last instruction (it'll follow Thalen and attack anything that attacks him).

salt3d
2013-10-04, 07:30 PM
"Threat identified. Emergency response sequence initiated."

A small panel on the front of Digger's torso lights up in red. The left-hand third of the panel begins to blink, slowly at first but gaining speed, until finally turns a vivid green and remains lit. Immediately the middle third of the panel starts blinking.

At the same time, Digger's hands retract into their respective arms, and in their place sprout a pair of blades. The blades grow to over five feet long as they snap together to form a sword almost a foot wide.

Swift action: Activate wand of swift haste, spending six additional charges to apply persistent spell.
Move action: Stow wand of swift haste in haversack.
Move action: Draw sword.

NotScaryBats
2013-10-04, 08:53 PM
Kiki doesn't recognize the strange creature as a True Dragon, and assumes it is one of the many, many halfbreeds and mongrels that can be produced by Real Dragons mating with others.

As such, diplomacy isn't first on the Dragonwrought's mind. She rushes over to the Half-fiend rogue, and casts a quick spell on her.

"Arright, this'll get you in and let'cha stay there without havin' ta worry 'bout hidin'. You go get that overgrown lizard," Kiki says as she casts Greater Invisibility on Sellissa.

Casting Extended Greater Invisibilty on Sellissa for 16 rounds of Greater Invisibility. Using 1 charge of my rod of metamagic for extend.

userpay
2013-10-04, 08:58 PM
Geden eyes the Linnorm for a moment as it tears apart the unfortunate miners. Creatures this large were certainly not ideal for the man's typical style yet that didn't mean he didn't have options...

As the others begin their own actions Geden charges forward, taking to the air as he does so, shield flashing outward to strike.

Charge action and going into the air as I do so, I'll try to position myself for flank if possible. Taking -2 to attack for power attack, attacking via shield bash, if flank is made in addition to flanking bonus's I do an additional 3 damage.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

RFLS
2013-10-05, 01:04 PM
As your weapons bounce harmlessly off of its hide, the giant wyrm's eyes flare, and fire bellows from the back of its throat. A streaming pillar of magma erupts from its mouth, covering Geden and those behind him in a stream of fire.

Reflex save, DC 24 for half against [roll0] fire damage. Next round, you need to make the same save against [roll1] fire damage. Making the second save negates the second set of damage, rather than halving it.

Archmage1
2013-10-05, 01:13 PM
"Expedition members, get clear, and be careful! Don't attract its attention!"

As he speaks, Thalen moves into the cloud, finally seeing the creature, before he points his gauntlet at the Linnorm, and a ray of bright light bursts from it, as runes on the gauntlet glow orange.
Moments later, a second ray blasts out, and his sword seems to glow, becoming much larger, and glowing white.

ranged
[roll0] attack
[roll1] SR(25)
[roll2] damage
melee
[roll3] attack
[roll4] SR(25)
[roll5] damage

Ok, move to close, standard x 2 to blast(cunning surge), didn't roll concealment, but fail anyway, so no harm done. He also has reach at the moment.

AngryCyc
2013-10-05, 01:25 PM
Tob

Tob seems to quicken as he gets into the groove of combat. He makes a flurry of sharp stabs at the creature...

Did we get flank? I'm rolling these without flank added because I'm just not quite sure what the positions of everyone are. If I'm flanking, add the +2 please!
To hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Damage:
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Crit damage:
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Any attacks after the first that hit deal an additional
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

And the bat takes a bite at it too:
Bite [roll24]
[roll25]

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-05, 04:53 PM
The wave of magma bears down on Tiberius, who merely raises his arms up as if praying to his god. The molten rock hits him full on, but he manages to walk through it merely severely injured instead of a smoldering corpse.

Backing away swiftly to the side of the beast, he takes out a worn scroll. It had belonged to his mentor, and as he unrolls it he feels divine energy begin to gather around him.

And lo, did Pelor look upon the oncoming tide, and he did say, "Do not give in. Let the light of power fill your bodies, and strike them down!" A soft burst emanates from the medic, and all allies for sixty feet out feel a bit more secure in their abilities, as if the tides of the battle are turning.

Moving to about 40ft away from the dragon, and casting Recitation; +3 Luck bonus to AC, to-hit, and saves. +4 if you worship Pelor.

Gnarnia
2013-10-05, 06:29 PM

With teeth clenched in rage, Delar swings furiously with his longaxe.

Power attack: -6 Hit, +12 damage

Full attack action

First swing: [roll0] (+4 hit from buffs,+2 hit from rage, +2 hit from flanking, -6 hit from power attack)
First swing Damage: [roll1] (+3 dmg from rage, +12 dmg from power attack)

Second swing: [roll2] (+4 hit from buffs, +2 hit from rage, +2 hit from flanking, -6 hit from power attack)
Second swing Damage: [roll3] (+3 dmg from rage, +12 dmg from power attack)

Current Armor Class: 32 (-2 from rage, +9 from buffs)

Current Health: 96 out of 107, +29 additional temp HP (16 from rage, 13 from the mass aid spell).

NotScaryBats
2013-10-05, 06:31 PM
Kiki waits until all the melee fighters are in position, then transmutes them with Haste.

Kiki already went in the first round, so in the second, after everyone has acted once and hopefully moved into position, she buffs as many as she can -- up to 8 people within a 45 foot, no two of which can be more than 30ft apart.

She targets all the meleers she can, like Tob, Moira, Digger, Colm, Delgar, Sellissa, Thalen and Geden, if she can hit all of them.

Gnarnia
2013-10-05, 07:29 PM

I assume Delgar acts towards the bottom of the PC round since he has -8 initiative penalty.

As such, if he's in range of the haste spell Kiki casts, this is his extra swing from the haste. If he's out of range for haste (I moved him around the dragon to provide a flanking point), then this attack does not count.

Haste Swing Attack roll: [roll0]
Haste Swing Damage rolle: [roll1]

(looks like it'd miss anyways, but please let me know if I get hit by the haste. It'll also improve his armor class by another point).

userpay
2013-10-05, 08:05 PM
Geden's shield parts the flow of lava somewhat, not enough to fully protect him but enough to keep him from being blinded. A flick of the shield sends what lava still clings to the ground as Geden moves a bit higher. As a new swell of magic surges across Geden he smiles, unseen behind his helmet. This damnable creature may be tough but numbers would win this day.

Setting himself Geden strikes out once, twice, and thrice with his shield at the dragon.

Going to assume I've got the new buffs on me prior to attacking. 5ft upwards, staying in range, but otherwise trying to make it not as profitable for him to spray me and trying to flank. Swift to take Punishing Stance. Full attack.

-2 for power attack. If I have flank please add the additional to hit and an additional +3 damage from Battle Cunning.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Attack [roll3]
Damage [roll4]
Damage [roll5]
Attack [roll6]
Damage [roll7]
Damage [roll8]

Rizhail
2013-10-05, 08:32 PM
Kiki hears a telepathic Thanks! from Sellissa as the alu-fiend readies her runestaff. Channeling power into it, she produced an orb of raw magical force; to anyone who can't see invisible beings, it appears as though a scintillating sphere appears out of thin air and slams into the beast's head.

Lateral
2013-10-07, 04:37 PM
Tactical analysis: We're pretty well-protected, but we're going to have trouble hurting it. Can't seem to get into its brain. I'm calling in reinforcements.

Spending a use of my Astral Construct SLA. It'll come in on her next turn.

salt3d
2013-10-07, 05:06 PM
The middle third of Digger's chest panel blinks faster and faster until it turns a constant green. The last this off the panel begins to blink, then stops, remaining red.

"Emergency response sequence halted. Threat imminence override level reached."

A slot on Digger's torso opens, and from it falls a small disk, inscribed on one side with intricate runes.

Move action: Draw wand of wraithstrike from haversack.
Standard action: Infuse metamagic item (persistent spell) into wand of wraithstrike. Infusion lasts 8 rounds.
Swift action: Activate wand of persistent wraithstrike.
Free action: Drop wand.

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-10-08, 07:35 AM
Reacting to Digger's action, Moyra dashes over to his side, swiping the disk from the ground and activating it herself before letting it go. The wand crackles, and she feels a ghostly energy suffuse her, the sword at her side taking on a translucent sheen.

Move to Digger, standard to pick up wand, swift to activate the wand, free to drop the wand.

Jötunn
2013-10-08, 09:38 AM
Colm moves forward steadily and calmly against the fury of the wingless dragon. He shifts his grip on his bastard sword, and begins to communicate with the mysterious voice in his mind, while yelling at the top of his lungs at anyone in earshot who might know the answer.

"This sonova isn't gonna destroy my weapon if I hit him, is he?"

So - what can you do beyond mysterious reinforcements? If you've got anything to help me hit harder, not necessarily faster, that could help. We should finish this fight in a couple of quick, decisive blows.I was really hoping for that expansion. Ah well.

Moved forwards, swift action to switch to tactics of the wolf stance and free action to yell at Zara. Very flashy round, this one, and I'm sorry to have made you all wait.

Archmage1
2013-10-08, 09:51 AM
When Colmen yells out, Thalen, knowing the answer, responds, speaking loudly to ensure that he is heard by all.

"Hitting the Linnorm won't break your weapons!"

RFLS
2013-10-08, 09:59 AM
The massive wyrm climbs further out of the hole, slashing left and right. Two more of the miners fall to its terrible claws, and then it turns its head towards Delgar. It lashes out, teeth snapping shut just shy of Delgar's face.

Attack: [roll0]
Crit Conf: [roll1] (Crit threat on 19-20)
Damage: [roll2]
Crit Dmg: [roll3]

If the bite hits, make a Fort save, DC 24, againt poison. If you fail, you take [roll4] points of Con damage. Don't forget your +2 racial bonus against poison.

The creatures tail whips around out of nowhere, and Acera is lifted off of her feet in the blink of an eye.

Archmage1
2013-10-08, 10:14 AM
Seeing more of the miners die, even as it moves towards him, Thalen's sword of light strikes once more, seeming to blur as he swings it, hoping to not see it shatter when it touches the Linnorm.

Hasted full attack(Attack may not be correct, but this is a minimum value)
All attacks are touch.
Additionally, all attacks(on hit) require a dc 24(mind affecting, fear) will save, or be shaken. Multiple failures don't advance beyond shaken.
DR does not apply.
[roll0] attack
[roll1] SR
[roll2] damage

[roll3] attack
[roll4] SR
[roll5] damage

[roll6] attack
[roll7] SR
[roll8] damage

Alas, to his regret, it does indeed shatter, reforming immediately after each strike, only to shatter once more.
Thalen swears under his breath. Quite impressively too. Clearly, he has learned something from sailors...

OhMyGodImOnFire
2013-10-08, 10:30 AM
Moyra

Staring down the rampaging linnorm, Moyra's eyes suddenly flare from behind her helmet, pinpoints of fire from within the darkness. "Ye who seeks to stop the spread of knowledge," her voice rings, a sound not quite of her own reverberating from the cavern walls. As Moyra speaks, a crack appears in the reality before her, and from the gap rushes an enormous crocodile, snapping and thrashing at the primitive dragon.

full round to use Summon Nature's Ally IV.

Crocodile:

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Gnarnia
2013-10-08, 10:48 AM

Blinded with rage, Delgar continues swinging his longaxe wildly, his muscled arms straining to drive the blade through the creature's hide.

One blow glances off, but the other two swings drive deep, spattering draconic blood and chunks of sinew into the air and across the cavern floor.

Power attack active (maxxed): -7 Hit, +14 damage

Attack modifiers: +1 untyped hit from haste, +1 morale hit from mass aid, +3 luck hit from recitation, +2 strength hit from barb rage, +2 hit hit from flanking, -7 hit from power attack for a total bonus of +2 beyond charsheet unless more buffs show up this round I have not included +2 bonus from OhMyGodImOnFire's Dark Knowledge ability yet as ruling in OOC thread is still pending.

Current Armor Class: 32 (25 charsheet, -2 from rage, +2 morale from divine protection, +4 deflection from mass shield of faith, +3 luck from recitation)

Current Health: 96 out of 107, not counting +29 additional temp HP on top of that (16 from rage con bonus, 13 from the mass aid spell).

Damage modifiers: +3 dmg from rage str bonus, +14 dmg from power attack for a total of +17 above and beyond character sheet unless any additional buffs show up this round

Full attack action

First swing attack: [roll0]
First swing Damage:[roll1]
First swing critical confirmation: [roll2]
First swing additional Critical Damage if confirmed:[roll3]

Haste bonus swing attack: [roll4]
Haste bonus swing Damage:[roll5]
Haste bonus swing critical confirmation: [roll6]
Haste bonus swing additional Critical Damage if confirmed:[roll7]

Second swing attack: [roll8]
Second swing Damage:[roll9]
Second swing critical confirmation: [roll10]
Second swing additional Critical Damage if confirmed:[roll11]

AngryCyc
2013-10-08, 01:09 PM
Tob

Tob continues attacking relentlessly, searching for a weak spot...

To hit:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]

Damage:
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]

Crit damage:
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]

Any attacks after the first that hit deal an additional
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]

So 2 hits.
For 13 damage, and 14 damage WAIT NO I DID 16 DAMAGE ON THE SECOND ONE!

YES I DID DAMAGE!!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

NotScaryBats
2013-10-08, 04:07 PM
"Arright, gotcha where I want'cha..." Kiki mutters to herself as she goes through the elaborate somatic components for a potent conjuration.

For just an instant, an thin sheen appears on the 10 foot by 10 foot space occupied by the creature, then it vanishes, leaving the beast entangled -- for now.

Kiki casts Sticky Floor! Races of the Dragon, page 117
The save DC is 15 vs Reflex
"Creatures that are within or that enter the area of a sticky floor spell are immediately stuck in place and entangled. A successful Reflex save means the creature can move from its space but is still considered entangled as long as it remains in the area. A creature stuck in place can break loose by using a standard action to make a DC 15 Strength check or Escape Artist check. Each round at the beginning of your turn, any creature within the area must succeed on another Reflex save to avoid becoming stuck in place again."

And for your convenience:
"Entangled

The character is ensnared. Being entangled impedes movement, but does not entirely prevent it unless the bonds are anchored to an immobile object or tethered by an opposing force. An entangled creature moves at half speed, cannot run or charge, and takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. An entangled character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell. "

Jötunn
2013-10-08, 04:31 PM
Colm yells back at Thalen: "Good, I like this sword!"

He then steps into sword range of the monster, encircling it in a ring of blades- his and his allies. He doesn't strike immediately however, taking a moment before unleashing a coiled up spring of force and attempting to drive his blade deep into the dragon's side.

Move action to get into melee range.
Everyone gets 1/2 initiator level to damage if they're flanking (i.e +3) due to Tactics of the Wolf stance.

Using Ruby Nightmare Blade maneuver as standard action.

[roll0] concentration check vs AC. If this doesn't hit, attack does not deal double damage, and is made at -2 to hit.
[roll1] vs touch AC, expending psionic focus to do so.
[roll2] ×2 if concentration check succeeds.

Those last two rolls are assuming the total buffs I've received from other people are +7 to attack and damage - modify accordingly if I'm wrong.

Edit: Should say, that is me power attacking for my full BaB. And I think that's a missed Concentration check, unless you'd rule that expending my focus for the Deep Impact feat would also make the concentration check a touch attack.

salt3d
2013-10-08, 11:10 PM
Digger's legs begin to propel it towards the beast. But not in the regular, swinging-back-and-forth motion commonly associated with bipedal creatures. Instead, they rotate fully around the connecting joints at the base of Digger's torso, causing the construct to lurch forward awkwardly for a moment until it gains enough speed to settle into a rhythm.

Immediately upon reaching top speed, Digger launches itself into towards the linnorm, spinning through the air and coming down upon it in a whirling frenzy of sword and limbs.

Full-round action: Pounce at linnorm.

Double move from charge is worth 120 feet due to haste, so distance should not be a concern.

Jump check to cover more than 10 feet for leap attack: [roll0]

All attacks target touch AC due to wraithstrike. Sacrificing full BAB (+8) from AC for power attack.

Primary attacks: +1 corrosive greatsword (threat range 17-20)

Primary attack 1: [roll1] (potential critical confirmation [roll2])
Primary attack 1 damage: [roll3] + [roll4] acid (potential critical confirmation [roll5] + [roll6] acid)

Primary attack 2: [roll7] (potential critical confirmation [roll8])
Primary attack 2 damage: [roll9] + [roll10] acid (potential critical confirmation [roll11] + [roll12] acid)

Primary attack 3: [roll13] (potential critical confirmation [roll14])
Primary attack 3 damage: [roll15] + [roll16] acid (potential critical confirmation [roll17] + [roll18] acid)

Secondary attacks: Slam (threat range 20)

Secondary attack 1: [roll19] (potential critical confirmation [roll20])
Secondary attack 1 damage: [roll21] (potential critical confirmation [roll22])

Secondary attack 2: [roll23] (potential critical confirmation [roll24])
Secondary attack 2 damage: [roll25] (potential critical confirmation [roll26])

Current AC: 17
Current HP: 86/89

Lightbulb icon selected by my three year old.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-09, 11:35 AM
Tiberius looks around; the sight of the miners' mangled bodies pains him, but there appears to be little that he can do for them now. And none of the guards appear to be severely harmed as of now. As the remnants of the linnorm's molten breath washes over him, he quiets his breath and focuses on his body. Swiftly, his burns scab over and slough off, replaced by healthy skin.

Reflex save: [roll0]

Using an amount of healing hands necessary to get to full health. Will make note when I know how much I need to spend.

So with that, minus the 20 fire resistance, I take 3 damage. So 54-26 is 28; I have 84 healing points left.

Rizhail
2013-10-09, 07:19 PM
Sellissa maneuvered around the beast's flank, trying to keep her allies out of her line of fire. Not knowing what sort of defenses the creature had, she decided to go with a tried-and-true power: taking a deep breath, Sellissa screamed.

The air wavered as she channeled raw arcane power into the scream, the howling gale nearly deafening those nearby and rending the flesh of the linnorn.

Sellissa will move to keep her allies out of the 30-ft cone from Infernal Sorcerer howl; if she can't move far enough in one action, the scream will wait til next turn.

Standard action: Burning a 4th level spell slot to fuel Infernal Sorcerer Howl. The howl does 2d6 sonic damage per spell level (so 8d6) in a 30-foot cone, with a DC 20 Fortitude save (10+spell level+Cha Mod) for half damage. The power is supernatural, so it ignores SR.

Damage: [roll0]

userpay
2013-10-10, 12:58 AM
Despite his failure to do significant, if any damage, Geden continues to lash out at the beast. If nothing else it might serve as a distraction.
No power attack this time... Add +2 attack if flanking and +3 damage if flanking.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Attack [roll2]
Damage [roll3]
Attack [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Lateral
2013-10-14, 08:41 AM
Reinforcements are here.

As Zara says this, two monsters suddenly appear, attacking the linnorm; one, a small, fairy-like creature, stays far away from it, blasting it with a massive thunderclap. The other, a large, translucent mass of ectoplasm in the shape of a large gorilla, beats away at the linnorm with its fists.

The Astral Construct has the Extra Attack and Muscle abilities.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Linnorm must make a DC 16 Will save, a DC 16 Fort save, and a DC 16 Reflex save to avoid being stunned for one round, deafened for one minute, and prone, respectively.

RFLS
2013-10-14, 10:24 AM
The Cavern:

The linnorm, bloodied and battered by the blades and fists of the guards, is finally overwhelmed by the shrieking howl from Selissa. Its eyes burst, and it collapses to the ground, still only half out of the hole it had come from.

The whole battle had taken less than thirty seconds, and at the end of it, four miners and Acera lie dead at the creature's talons. Even as you watch, though, its wounds begin to close....

You've figured out by now that it's got regeneration, and you're not bypassing it. I saw enough solutions to this in the OoC thread that you just have to describe what you do (i.e, sit on it, hit it until we can get some cold iron, kill it), and that'll be fine.

Archmage1
2013-10-14, 10:27 AM
Thalen continues to swing his strange weapon at the Linnorm.

"Cold Iron! It will take Cold Iron to kill it, now. Does anyone have some, or can anyone get any? Whoever has the best resistance against curses should us the weapon, since killing it will make whomever did it vulnerable to fire, unless they can resist it!"

Average of 18 damage per round from Thalen(ish. Certainly above 10)

AngryCyc
2013-10-14, 12:05 PM
"Someone hold its mouth open, I'll just drown the damn thing..." Tob says as he gets out his Decanter...

Gnarnia
2013-10-14, 08:19 PM
Delgar

Still lost in his rage, Delgar continues hacking at the (sort of) corpse until he falls to the ground exhausted, breathing heavily and sweating profusely.

Delgar will be raging for a while, so I'll help keep it negative HP until a permanent solution is applied.

salt3d
2013-10-15, 08:14 AM
Digger squats near the linnorm, laying its sword on the cavern floor. Its wrists detach from the weapon and from them spring its hands, glowing a faint but fluorescent green.

Tiny sparks fly between the sword and the construct's hands as Digger holds them an inch above the flat of the blade. "Commencing cold iron transmutation," it announces as it does so, "approximate time to completion fifty six point five seconds."

With a momentary glance at the others standing beside the linnorm, Digger adds "Please ensure I am not interrupted."

Casting Weapon Augmentation on greatsword. 1 minute cast time; 80 minute duration. Greatsword gains the Metalline special ability (MIC 38), allowing it to change its compostion to cold iron.

RFLS
2013-10-15, 01:46 PM
The Cavern:

The massive wyrm shudders its last as the touch of cold iron drains it of its vitality. As you watch, though, something strange begins to happen....

The flesh melts from the linnorm's bones, shriveling into nothing, leaving only a skeleton behind. No organs, no blood, no....anything, but the clean, white bones.

Make a Will save, DC 22, or become vulnerable to fire.

If you're intent on raising it, here's (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/linnorm/linnorm-crag) its stat block. Set up a character sheet on myth-weavers for it, and rebuild it using 3.5 rules. Remember that it will lose a lot as a skeleton.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-15, 02:59 PM
As the linnorm's body begins to dissolve, Tiberius rushes over to the corpse muttering, No, no, no, just hold on a few minutes longer. He observes it for a few moments before nodding; its eyes would make for lovely specimens. He gets out his scalpel and tools, and begins to carefully cut away at the scales and flesh surrounding the eye socket. Unfortunately, his hand jerks just as he reaches the first eye's stem, and severs the bulb clean through.

He regards the ruined organ for a moment with frustrated disappointment before putting away his tools. Okay, he says. Who needs fixing up?

In his mind, he says across the telepathic link, Zara, I can fix up those not too badly injured without needing to use a spell. I'll patch up the people in your collective, if you don't mind, and if anyone still needs healing then you can take over.

Slowly and steadily, he goes through the members of the collective who had been injured; thankfully enough, the only real damage came from Geden's bout with the linnorm's molten breath. When he reaches Acera, he closes the woman's eyes and says a short prayer. He closes the eyes of the four miners as well, sighing with frustration. If only I were strong enough to bring the dead back to life, he mutters.

Take 10 on Heal checks for a total of 25; I only need an 18, so anyone who needs it is healed 8 points.

Lateral
2013-10-15, 03:45 PM
Agreed.

Anyone need extra healing?

salt3d
2013-10-16, 09:31 AM
Digger removes its sword from the already-dissolving neck of the linnorm. Drawing its arms apart, the construct's sword splits in two once again and each half begins to retract into its respective arm.

As the blades slide into their sheaths, the linnorm's blood and tissue are wiped from them and collect in the grooves of the construct's 'wrists'. In the brief moment before Digger's hands emerge, a few drops of linnorm blood drip trickle inside its casing.

Bzzzt. A short buzzing noise is punctuated by a crack. Wisps of smoke emerge from Digger's wrists, ankles and neck. The small amount of wood paneling evident on Digger's exterior cracks and flakes, drying out.

Digger turns and walks back to collect the disk it left on the cavern floor, its head repeatedly jerking ever so slightly to the right and back again.

[roll0]

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-16, 10:58 AM
After he finishes his inspection and patching up those injured (although strangely enough, Thalen had not required any of his attention. Tiberius had not thought that Zara had healed anyone, but perhaps she had healed him? Intriguing.), the medic draws his attention to the robotic form of Digger. Thalen had mentioned that whomever killed the beast would be cursed, if he is remembering correctly, and so he strides over to Digger.

Excuse me, Digger, he says, reaching out a tentative hand to the man. I don't know whether the curse has taken hold of you or not, but with your permission I'd like to cast a curse-removal spell just in case.

If Digger agrees, then Tiberius speaks a few mystical words to rid the other man of any and all curses.

Casting Remove Curse.

NotScaryBats
2013-10-16, 06:26 PM
"Well, shoot, what a show!" Kiki says excitedly, slapping her knee. "good job, ev'ryone, couldn't've done it without you." The tiny kobold gives the great corpse a cursory glance, then puts her tiny claws on her hips and examines the room with her darkvision.

"Way I see it, we could press on through the hole this ol' critter left us, or we could keep on the way we were goin' through some of these doors. When th' bat rider comes back, we'll see what he has ta say."

Rizhail
2013-10-18, 08:45 AM
"Well, that's one way to start an expedition," Sellissa said with a sigh as she looked over the remains of the dead. "I'm voting that we get moving as soon as possible. I don't doubt that that thing was what scared the remorhaz, and they might decide they're hungry soon."

RFLS
2013-10-18, 10:52 AM
Minutes pass; wounds are healed. Little by little, the expedition recovers itself. Some of the scribes and scientists, those not needed for medical help, begin examining the ruins. One of them pokes mournfully through the ruins of the fountain.

The miners, meanwhile, spread out through the cavern, examining the stonework and tapping walls with their picks. There is no sign of the remorhaz.

NotScaryBats
2013-10-19, 01:57 AM
Kiki Diamondpick cracks her tiny knuckles and takes the holy symbol of Kurtulmak between too claws. She intones a quick prayer to the God of Kobolds, and then looks around the room with a practiced, piercing gaze.

Kiki casts Detect Secret Doors (Detect Secret Doors (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/detectSecretDoors.htm)) and begins to make her way around the room, looking for secret passages or caches of goods. She trusts the minutiae to the underlings, hoping to find something good with her divinations.

salt3d
2013-10-21, 06:33 AM
Digger stands motionless for a few minutes after Tiberius' spell is cast, its eye sockets glowing a brilliant blue. Eventually this fades to the usual white, and Digger says "Thank you for your assistance," even though Tiberius has long departed.

The construct makes its way to the shattered fountain and the figure poking through its remnants. "Are there any pieces remaining of large enough size to aid identification?"

Spotting a large chunk of otherwise indeterminate rock, Digger picks it up and examines it. A droning hum emanates from the construct as the piece of rock floats between its hands, turning end on end in mid air.

Knowledge (architecture & engineering): [roll0]

RFLS
2013-10-21, 03:39 PM
Kiki

Looking through the various dwellings, Kiki finds nothing at first. They're simple; a few rooms to each one. No furniture is in any of them, and they're filled alternately with dust or the refuse of remorhaz. One of the last rooms she comes to, on the other edge of the cavern, still has a door in the frame. It's old, and looks like wood, but feels as hard as steel.

Digger:

The chunk you pick up is large; two or three times the size of a man's head. Some of the etching from the fountain is still visible. On close examination, it looks almost as though it were eroded into being, rather than carved or etched.

Thokk_Smash
2013-10-21, 04:04 PM
Tiberius notices that Kiki is busily inspecting the door frames, and shrugs. Walking over to the dead bodies of his former fellow employees, he busily arranges them side-by-side, folding their arms over their chests as well as he can with their wounds. Softly intoning divine words, he casts a spell to prevent the bodies from rotting for a time. He will ask Kiki later about what the general rule is concerning fatalities. He'd prefer to give them a proper burial at the least, but time may not be on their side.

Casting 5x Gentle Repose on the bodies.

Archmage1
2013-10-21, 05:26 PM
Seeing Tiberius chanting over the bodies, Thalen decides to find Kiki, and ask if there is anything that should be done for them, and if Acera had family, or if her items might be given to the families of the fallen.

He looks around, and finds her(Somehow), and then approaches the tiny kobold.
"You're Kiki, right? Some of the miners mentioned that you were their leader. Is there anything that should be done for the fallen, and do you know if Acera has a family or anything?"

NotScaryBats
2013-10-21, 06:04 PM
The kobold, wings folded along her back, is examining a wooden door when Thalen approaches her. She holds up a clawed finger and hushes him, continuing to look closely at the door. "Hold that thought, young'un -- y'see this? Looks like wood..." she chips at the door with her claw, "feels hard as steel. This door's prob'ly important. I bet there's somethin' interestin' behind it..."

Kiki turns around then, wipes her hands together and puts a claw to her chin. She squints her amethyst eyes at Thalen, taking a measure of the unusual human. After a moment has passed, the ancient kobold grins her draconic grin and drawls, "Acera was a priestess'f Vara, goddess of fear, nightmares, an' th' like. Nice gal, really, shame what happened to 'er -- but she an' the High Priestess knew what she was gettin' into. We'll get a message to the church, an' they can do what they gotta do. The miners who fell, Stark, Blaner, Neeroy, an' Clubfoot -- sure, they had fam'lies. Ol' Clubfoot's husban' could make a mean jackalope chili that'd put some hair on yer chest -- I'll get th' word out to Cess in the mornin' when I get a chance, y'can be sure'f that." Kiki looks back to the group, and the massive bones that claimed the lives of her people. "We ain't gonna run all th' way back to the serfice jus' to return some bodies, though -- I know you ain't suggestin' that. I got Tiber'us preppin' the fallen so's they don't rot an' whatnot. We'll bury 'em for now, say some rites -- I'm also the High Priestess'f Kurtulmak an' know my way 'round a fyun'rul."

The kobold buffs her claws on her shirt. "When we're dun here an' on our way back, if we can, we'll gather the fallen back up, an' take 'em topside, but tha's not really a priority. Long as we give'em a Miner's Rites, they'll be fine in the Evermines'f Kurtulmak, an' actually havin' a body to fuss over ain't really a big deal round these parts..."

Having said her piece, Kiki closely peers into the human's face to see that he understands what she's saying -- he could die down here, and if he does, he isn't gonna get a hero's funeral and maybe no one will even know where his body ended up (If it isn't devoured by a monster).

She then turns back to the door and searches for traps.

Search. I have the Kobold Domain [roll0]

Archmage1
2013-10-21, 07:21 PM
As Kiki explains about what would happen, Thalen nods, relieved. Robbing the dead did not sit will with him, and passing the responsibility off to another was a good way to handle that.
"Good enough. If we had a bit more warning, or if we had planned... we might have been able to prevent these losses. We should talk about it, maybe work out a way to help keep everyone alive. Still... adventure is a bit risky, but where would be the fun otherwise?"
Clearly, Thalen, while a bit daunted by the more likely prospect of death, is still rather... inexperienced, when it comes to such things.

When he sees her searching the door, he shakes his head, as she was, well, while it might be ok for her, well... she was not doing it very well.

"Kiki... do you mind if I do that? Are you sure you know what to look for?"
Assuming she agrees, search: [roll0], have trapfinding.

Lateral
2013-10-21, 08:29 PM
'Fun' gets people killed, Thalen. You'd do well to keep that in mind. We're here to do a job.

Archmage1
2013-10-21, 08:36 PM
That is where caution and planning has it's place. We should have had a lot more in terms of planning.

NotScaryBats
2013-10-21, 08:36 PM
"Heh, you're pretty good at that. I gotta say, I ain't so much a master'f all trades as I'd like to be. Y'find anything? "

salt3d
2013-10-22, 05:44 AM
"Purposeful carving identified," says Digger, "commencing toolset identification."

The construct remains perfectly still for a full minute, before uttering a single word.

"Processing."

After another minute, Digger speaks again.

"Processing."

Digger:

The chunk you pick up is large; two or three times the size of a man's head. Some of the etching from the fountain is still visible. On close examination, it looks almost as though it were eroded into being, rather than carved or etched.

I'm not sure if this means the entire fountain was formed naturally, or just the etching on it.

And just in case the etching is actually writing, I'll try this.

Decipher Script: [roll0]