PDA

View Full Version : Trying to remember the name...

ef87
2013-09-24, 12:13 PM
A long time ago on a forum that no longer exists we played a game where a group of like 10 people were selected and given predefined roles. One was like an investigator, other was a killer, several were citizens, and each game day the citizens would all communicate with each other and the killers would, then they would submit to the GM on who the killers would want to kill that game day. each class had unique skills to their class which was randomly assigned to them via the GM. The citizens would try to guess who had which role (which only the GM knew) before the killers killed off all of the regular citizens.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It has been several years since I did this and i cant for the life of me remember what this game was called!

Jenrock
2013-09-24, 12:24 PM
That sounds like it may be a version of Mafia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)).

ef87
2013-09-24, 12:32 PM
Yes! That is it!

Does any of that go on around here by chance?

Thanks!

thorgrim29
2013-09-24, 01:09 PM
Huh.... I didn't know that werewolf started out as a russian game about the mafia

tyckspoon
2013-09-24, 01:15 PM
Yeah, we call it Werewolf around here most of the time, but same game. There's pretty much always a game or three being run and another couple recruiting - you want the Structured Games subforum of the Silly Message Board Games section. All the way down at the bottom of the layout.

ef87
2013-09-24, 01:22 PM
Great! I will check it out.

I appreciate all of the help guys!

ef