PDA

View Full Version : L5R A Graceful Honor

Ghost49X
2013-09-24, 07:00 PM
Kakita Jin
After traveling on foot for the better part of a month through Lion lands, Jin arrives at Kyuden Ikoma weary of travel yet high of spirit ever since he first spotted his destination in the distance.

His first order of business would be to announce his presence as well as his intentions to the Ikoma Daimyo, however he thought it might be wise to visit Doji Ayanamei firstly as she might have special instructions for him in that matter.

Entering the massive city, he noticed the large amount of bushi performing their daily duties from training in large dojos to performing guard duty. Thinking of what lay ahead while walking, Jin's train of thought is interrupted by a hand on his shoulder "Excuse me Crane, you look lost." An averagely built yoriki stood behind him wearing a set of well tended dark yellow and pale brown bushi armor.

"Travel papers, please"

Nyan
2013-09-25, 12:30 AM
Jin was relived to say the least when he finally arrived at Kyuden Ikoma. His feet were a bit sore from all the walking so he would stop for a moment to rest his feet, taking the opportunity to look around to see the Lion bushi preform their daily routines. It was completely different from home but he could not help but feel it was soothing to be near another dojo since he had spent most of his childhood in one.

After taking in the scenery he would sigh a bit with relief before continuing to walk through the streets of the city. Thinking on finding Doji Ayanamei first so she knew he had arrived. He was contemplating on another poem when Jin would suddenly feel a hand on his shoulder and he would stop. Slowly turning his head to look at the hand that was placed on his shoulder before continuing to look back at the man standing behind him. "Hmm? Lost? I was merely thinking about a poem. But i can understand I might have seemed to be lost yes. It is my first time visiting here after all." He said in a calm tone as he would turn around to face the man. Taking out his papers from under his clothes he would then hand them over to him before adjusting the white silk band that covered his eye so it fit properly. "But since you are here perhaps you could help me with something. I need to find Doji Ayaname but before I left to come here I was not told as to where i might find her once I arrived." He added after a short pause.

Ghost49X
2013-09-25, 07:18 PM
Looking over the papers the Lion sniffs back a runny nose. "Isn't that the crane lady at Korin-dono's court? I believe she resides in guest quarters at the castle. Though I'd ask the Castle guards or servants if I were you. All's in order, have a good day." handing the travel papers back, the yoriki offers a short bow before pulling out a handkerchief and wiping his nose.

Nyan
2013-09-26, 02:36 PM
Jin nodded slightly at the man as he took his papers and put them back where he had them before, closing his eyes for a moment as if he was thinking about something. "Hmm I see. Thank you, then I will search for her there. And good day to you as well." He then responded before giving him a short bow as well before departing. And tho he had not showed it openly he was slightly put off by the man's runny nose, being slightly worried that he would catch something. Briefly dusting of his shoulder where he had placed his hand before and looked at it for a moment.

Assuming that he would reach the castle without any issues he would approach the gates once he arrived and would walk up to the nearest guard or servant he could find. "Excuse me. I am searching for Doji Ayaname and I was told that I would find her here. Would you care to show me the way to where I might find her? I think she is expecting my arrival." He would say giving a short bow as a greeting.

Ghost49X
2013-09-26, 06:28 PM
Two guards stand at the gate to the castle seeing Jin walk up to them, one of them gives him a short nod. "Greetings Kakita-san, what business do you have here?"

"Very well." Bowing and waving him inside the guard leads him to a small waiting room not too far from the entrance. "Remain here, while we notify Doji Ayanamei-sama". Shortly after the guard leaves a servant enters, bowing deeply and avoiding all eye contact she offers "Samurai-sama, would you enjoy some tea while you wait?"

Nyan
2013-09-29, 10:03 AM
Jin would nod and follow quietly in to the small waiting room. Looking around slightly he would then give the guard a short bow before he left. "Thank you. I will do so." He said before he would take a seat where it was possible.

Waiting quietly for a few moments he then look to the door to see the servant enter, smiling a bit at her when she offers a him some tea. "Ah yes, that would be most appreciated. Thank you."

Ghost49X
2013-10-01, 10:47 AM
Kakita Jin - Kyuden Ikoma
The servant bowed deeply again before leaving "as you wish Samurai-sama". A few minutes later she returned with a steaming cup of tea. Again avoiding all eye contact she bowed while presenting Jin the cup, holding her bow until he took it. Once he took it she stood up, went to the door and bowed again before leaving. The tea itself lacked flavor but it did have a soothing effect on his muscles, otherwise aching from his long travels.

Examining the room in greater detail, Jin saw two pieces of art, a wooden medium sized statue of a fox lying down on a storage cabinet and a piece of Calligraphy on a wall scroll reading 'In nothing, there is everything'.

Craft: Brew (tea) [roll0] with 1 raiseTotal 11 which is very meh.
If you want to know more, like the quality of the art it'll require rolls (Calligraphy and artisan: sculture; respecitively)

Nyan
2013-10-03, 09:53 AM
Jin waited patiently as the servant left to get his tea, closing his eyes and taking a few deep breaths to rest as he was still a bit weary from the trip. As she then came back with his tea he would smile and take the cup with a slight nod. "Thank you." He said warmly as he then placed it on the ground in font of him or on a table if there was one nearby.

Waiting for a bit for the tea to cool down he would then take the opportunity to take a look around the room. Seeing the two pieces of art that decorated the room the calligraphy scroll would catch his attention. "In nothing, there is everything..." He would mumble quietly to himself as he would admire the brush work of the piece.

Finally taking the cup of tea in his hands he would take a small sip of it before putting the cup down again, a bit displeased from the lack of taste but nothing that bothered him much. It still helped him calm down and relax as he would take a few more sips before then taking out his poetry book he had brought with him. He felt he had gotten some inspiration from the calligraphy scroll he saw and decided to spend his time waiting writing up a short haiku poem. Preparing the ink and pen he would start to write on the haiku, inspired by the words he saw on the scroll. That in nothing, there is everything.

Artisan: Poetry
[roll0]
With 5k2 that is a total of 13 so that's a very meh poem x3

Ghost49X
2013-10-05, 08:58 PM
With Jin's focus on his creative endeavor he doesn't see her approach until she is right next to him.
"Jin-san?" Jin snaps his focus away from his poem and up at a pretty young lady with silky silver wearing a rich sky blue kimono with small embroidered birds and flowers.

Nyan
2013-10-07, 04:20 PM
Pondering on his poem and with his pen inches away from the paper of his book he suddenly snaps out from his thoughts hearing the feminine voice right next to him. Turning his head to look up at the young lady now standing beside him he put his pen back in the ink jar and closed his book. Rising up from the floor he would then give her a low bow as he spoke. "Ayaname-sama, I apologize for not noticing you sooner. I have come here on the behalf of sensei Doji Heikichi to serve as your yojimbo. And It will be a great honor for me to be able to serve you for as long as you will need me." He said in a very formal and polite manner before he would slowly rise from his bow.

Ghost49X
2013-10-07, 07:18 PM
Smiling lightly, she holds her hand up to lips covering her mouth and barely stifling a giggle "Tee hee" she quickly recovers herself, yet her smile remains. "My name is Yasuki Aya (http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/ghoststep/L5R%20Images/crane6_by_EdwinDavid.jpg) and I also have the honor of serving Doji Anaynamei-sama. Come, I will show you to her" biting lightly her lower lip she bows gracefully then turns and slowly leaves the room, giving Jin ample time to put his things away and catch up.

Once he catches up to her side, she returns her pace to a normal walk. "Tell me Jin-san" she pauses for a breath and glances at him out of the corner of her eye "what were you writing? A letter to your lover perhaps?"

Nyan
2013-10-08, 01:42 PM
Jin seemed a bit surprised by her reaction before quickly bowing again. He had been so quick to apologize he did not have time to actually confirm that she was Doji Ayanamei. "I deeply apologize. I was a bit quick to make assumptions and I was expecting Ayaname-sama herself. Forgive me Yasuki-san." He said as he was quite embarrassed now but he did his best not to show it. Packing up his things and catching up to her shortly after.

"Hmm?" He then responds as Aya catches his attention and asks him about what he was doing. "Oh no I was merely trying to write a poem that's all. I have no lover to write them to and so I write them more to pass the time whenever I can." He said turning his head a bit to smile at her.

((I do not know if I used the right honorific there but correct me if I not was wrong.))

Ghost49X
2013-10-09, 02:42 AM
When he apologizes she stiffles another giggle "Hee hee" smiling pleasantly at him she nods "you may call me Aya-san if it pleases you."

As they walked down the halls she continued the conversation "Poems really? What subjects do you write them on? Our host Ikoma-dono holds a great interest in the arts, he may be interested in reading some.

In a different branch of the castle, Aya smiles as they arrived infront of a set of large rice paper screen double doors. Knocking before sliding the door open to reveil a medium sized room, with another set of smaller double doors on the left wall and single doors on the right and opposite walls. As they entered, one of the double doors slid open, and a man in a darker crane blue armor stepped out quickly, tension in his face. Tension that quickly disappears when he sees Aya and Jin.

"Daidoji Uji-san this is Kakita Jin" Aya waves towards Jin, "he will be joining us. Jin-san, this is Daidoji Uji." On being introduced Uji gives Jin a peculiar bow with fist in hand "I bid you welcome"

After Jin's response he opens the double doors fully. Revealing a noble lady of breath taking beauty (http://dreamworlds.ru/uploads/posts/2008-09/1221655681_untitled.jpg), sitting down behind a small Kotatsu table "You must be Heikichi's student?"

Nyan
2013-10-09, 02:58 PM
Walking down the hall Jin would look at Aya for a moment when he heard her speaking about their host and his interest in poetry. "Hmm, I see... And well I do not write about any specific subjects in my poems. I simply write whatever comes to me through any source of inspiration. But I don't think my poems are even nearly well written enough to be presented to a damio. I still have a lot to learn when it comes to poetry."

Entering the new room Jin would see the man in the dark blue armor come in and would look at him a bit while he was introduced. "Hmm, I see. Pleasure to make your acquaintance, and thank you." He said, bowing back at Uji as a greeting.

Then as Uji opens the doors fully Jin approaches a bit and would now see the beautiful lady sitting behind the table. As she then spoke to him he would bow humbly as he responded. "Yes, that is correct. Kakita Jin, at your service. And you must be Doji Ayaname-sama then I presume?... It is truly an honor to be in your presence." He said as he would slowly rise from his bow, glancing over to Aya for just a moment before then fixing his gaze in front of himself.

Ghost49X
2013-10-10, 12:41 PM
Kakita Jin - Kyuden Ikoma, Crane delegation quarters
Nodding gracefully in response to Jin's bow "Now first we should get yourself settled. You'll be sharing one of the rooms with Uji, Aya uses the other. Uji will brief you in your duties, once you're settled in we'll introduce you to our host Ikoma Korin-sama." Ayanamei smiles and looks towards the door opposite where Jin entered, opening on to a balcony overseeing a small but beautiful garden. Ayanamei breathes deeply taking in the sight's beauty, looking back to Jin "Oh, you can leave now. Uji if you could assist him."

Uji bows to Ayanamei and leaves the room, waving Jin towards the door on opposite the one leading to the hallway. Opening the door to reveal a room large enough for 4 to sleep, though some of the space is used up by a small table in the middle. Uji walks over and opens the closet, pulling out a futon he sets it up beside the table, opposite his own bed. Our duties are simple, we keep Lady Ayanamei-sama safe and do her bidding. I will be in charge of all matters of personal security, while I might ask you to stand guard occasionally your main duties will mostly be to defend her honor. How are your social skills? "

Nyan
2013-10-13, 11:15 AM
Jin would listen closely to Ayanamei and glanced over slightly to the door as she did before looking back at her when he was told he could leave. "Thank you Ayanamei-sama" He says with another graceful bow before leaving with Uji.

As he followed Uji in to the room he would look around the room for a bit before then seating himself by the table so he was facing Uji, sighing slightly with relief as he did so. Listening to Uji's instructions he would nod to signal he understood before closing his eyes for a moment and looking down when asked about his social skills. "Hmm... I would say they are adequate at least. Tho it's not really my place to speak in court if that is where you are going." He said as he looked up again towards Uji.

Ghost49X
2013-10-17, 10:56 AM
"Of course you're not expected to speak in court, personally I would refrain from doing so, though some of the other factions have tried to shame some of the Yojimbo as a way to gain an advantage, over us or over our lady. Also Doji Ayanamei-sama sometimes wishes she had more courtiers under her though since the Crane so far have only sent Yasuki Aya-san, she has used us to fill."

Uji returns to the closet and opens it fully "You may use half of this space for personal effects, though you must keep things tidy as I will not tolerate living quarters in disarray."

Nyan
2013-10-17, 11:54 AM
"I see... Then I understand." He says with a nod as he would then watch Uji walk up to the closet and open it. "Of course. I do not like things to be in disarray too much myself... I will get my things unpacked and in order right now then, if there is nothing else. But I want to ask if there is anything you, Aya-san or perhaps Ayanamei-sama needs me to do once I'm done?" Jin says as he gets up and brings his belongings to the closet.

Ghost49X
2013-10-22, 12:14 AM
Uji leaves and closes the door, leaving Jin to unpack. The closet holds ample room for Jin's things as Uji doesn't seem to own many personal effects though one stands out, a beautiful well crafted jade set of shogi.

Almost ten minutes pass as Jin unpacks, until he hears a soft knock at the door. After Jin's response, the door slides open and Aya pokes her head in "Lady Ayanamei would like you to join us, Lord Ikoma Korin-sama invited us to share his meal. If you have a clean kimono I'd recommend you change out of your travel outfit but otherwise make haste." Bowing slightly she slides the door closed and leaves him alone once more.

Nyan
2013-10-25, 05:47 PM
Jin unpacks his belongings and places them neatly in fitting places, hangs up his kimonos and his change of clothing, puts his general goods like his ink and pen set as well as his poetry book in a drawer if there is one. Then as he is just about finished he hears the knocking on the door to which he quickly responds for whomever it is to come in. "Ah yes. Then I will join you shortly." He responds to Aya before she leaves him to change. Jin would clean the worst of the dirt he might have got on himself from the trip and used some perfume but not to much. Jin would then take one of his more elegant Kimonos he brought with him and put it on. It was a light blue in color with a white crane clan crest on the back with small white bird decorations spread out over the kimono itself. Finally he tied a white band around his waist to hold it together as well as a new white band around his head to cover his eye, leaving his long white hair to hang lose down his back.

As he was done he would then leave the room and head towards Ayanamei's room unless they were waiting for him outside already.

Ghost49X
2013-11-03, 12:35 PM
Outside his room, he found Aya waiting for him smiling gently "Ayanamei-sama will be ready shortly, while we wait, do you have any questions of what to expect or how to respond?"

Nyan
2013-11-18, 03:34 PM
Jin would think for a moment at Aya's question. "Hmm... Well I guess It could not hurt. I am sure you know far more than me about the etiquette of this particular court. And I would appreciate if you could share your knowledge." He responded with a smile of his own.