PDA

View Full Version : Rage and Maneuvers/Stances

tintin_man
2013-09-24, 09:59 PM
As the title says, can you combine a barbarian's rage ability with maneuvers/stances from tome of battle?

I'm wanting to build a goliath barbarian/crusader/pious templar but will definitely change the build if rage doesn't stack with the crusader's abilities. I read through the ToB book but was unable to find the ruling on this.

Also, I'm sure this has been answered, but can't find the search function for the boards. Where can I find that?

Thanks!

Dusk Eclipse
2013-09-24, 10:01 PM
Unless the stance require the use of a skill prohibited by Rage I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use them together.

Edit: You shouls be able to use most maneuvers except for some Diamond Mind which require concentration checks which are explicitly prohibited by rage.

DeltaEmil
2013-09-25, 05:45 AM
Dusk Eclipse has said everything already. All maneuvers work while raging except Action before Thought, Diamond Nightmare Blade, Insightful Strike (and Greater Insightful Strike), Mind over Body, Moment of Perfect Mind, Ruby Nightmare Blade, and Sapphire Nightmare Blade, because these maneuvers all use the Concentration skill, which normally cannot be used while in a rage.

Also, the Search function has been disabled. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257651)

tintin_man
2013-09-25, 10:11 AM
Okay....thanks for your replies!