PDA

View Full Version : Temple of Iames II

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 05:08 PM
Jacky is, to summarize in a single word the myriad variety of feelings rushing through him as he sees the man transform, surprised. "The hell is this? Is everybody here some sorta mutant!?" Using a move that he's practiced for many hours, he spins two knives (one a carving knife, the other a chef's) from their sheaths and into his hands. He readies them for action.

McBish
2007-01-16, 05:11 PM
The mutt suddenly wavers a bit and falls to the floor.

((Sorry got to go.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 05:15 PM
I am Kosuke, a solar in the service of Lord Iames. I have been assigned as Lyrak's bodyguard. Kosuke draws his greatsword.

Lyrak shifts into a martial artist's stance and waits.

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 05:19 PM
Jacky smirks. "What, the priest can't fight for himself? The more things change, right? The more they stay the same." He twirls the chef's knife between his fingers before suddenly hurling the carving knife at Lyrak's chest. The speed at which he moves surprises even him.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 05:28 PM
Lyrak twists aside, dodging the knife. Kosuke's orders haven't been changed since I gained more power. I can fight just fine, but I'd be a fool not to avail myself of Kosuke's combat abilities when they're available. His eyes glow bright green and he fires a ray of flame at Jacky.

Kosuke stands ready, watching, but does not act.

((Well, I have to go. We'll have to pick this up later.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 06:41 PM
((back and ready for action))

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 06:59 PM
((Sorry about the wait. Dinner wanted me to eat it.))

Jacky pivots, allowing the ray of flame to roar past him. He seems shocked. "Hot damn, it's like I'm in a shocking movie!" He grins, and grabs another knife. "Let's see what else I can do, eh?" He rushes towards Lyrak, blades glinting and eyes glowing ominously.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 07:01 PM
Lyrak dodges one knife and turns the other aside with a hand, then counterattacks with a knee aimed at Jacky's stomach.

Kosuke casts detect undead.

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 07:05 PM
Jacky coughs up blood, but it's not the hardest hit he's ever taken. He pivots, whirls, and jabs the chef's knife up towards Lyrak's abdomen.

((Jacky Knives is not undead.))

McBish
2007-01-16, 07:09 PM
((Nor is the mutt.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 07:26 PM
Lyrak takes a step back from the attack, but the blade tears a large gash in his shirt and leaves a light scratch on the flesh beneath. Lyrak returns with a flurry of bare-handed attacks, each delivered with the precision and force of a lifelong student of the martial arts. His eyes glow green for a brief moment.

Kosuke watches carefully.

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 07:31 PM
Jacky avoids as best he can, hacking and slashing at Lyrak's hands. Not being a martial artist, however, most of Lyrak's blows connect.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 07:39 PM
Most of Jacky's cuts hit an invisible force-field just above Lyrak's clothes and skin, but a few manage to break through, and Lyrak winces as the blades cut into him. His eyes glow green for the briefest of moments, and the wounds heal shut. Lyrak's eyes glow green once again, and ray of electricity springs from his finger toward Jacky.

Kosuke continues to watch the battle and evaluate the combatants.

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 07:45 PM
Jacky Knives attempts to dodge out of the way but, because he is so close, still gets hit on his left side. His hand spasms and drops the knife and he falls to his knees, bleeding heavily. "Guhg... that... hurts a lot."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 07:52 PM
Good. If you swear to never attack me or Arha from this point on, I will spare your life.

((g2g for a moment, be back in a little while))

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 08:01 PM
Jacky grimaces. "No deal, preacher-man. Look at me; I'm gonna die anyway. Might as well bring you along." He grabs his fallen knife at lunges at Lyrak, on blade positioned to pierce the ribs, the other to disembowel.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 08:12 PM
Lyrak dodges the disembowling blade, but the knife aimed for his ribs connects, the force of Jacky's lunge pushing it through the force field. Lyrak shouts in pain and jerks back. The knife still sticking from his side, he aims a roundhouse kick at the side of Jacky's head.

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 08:18 PM
The kick connects with Jacky's head but, as he falls, he reaches out and grabs the knife in Lyrak's side. With all the savage strength that he can muster, he twists.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 08:28 PM
Lyrak lets out a pained sound that it somewhere between a gasp and a sob. As blood flows from the wound and pain spasms through his body, he summons up all the concentration he can muster and manages the words and gestures of an incantation. An expression halfway between a grimace of pain and an ugly smile of satisfaction crosses his face as he completes the final word of power necessary to cause Jacky's body to implode.

Sophistemon
2007-01-16, 08:37 PM
Jacky's self-satisfied grin falters and drops as his body begins to violently quake, his flesh rippling like disturbed water. "W-w-what a-a-are y-y-you d-d-doing t-t-to m-m-me?" He curls into the fetal position, his body too wracked with pain to function. "Graaaah! Shock!" He disintegrates into great quantities of bloody chunks.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-16, 08:39 PM
Lyrak lets himself fall unconscious as blood loss and the effort of concentrating on the spell take their toll.

Kosuke goes over to Lyrak and casts heal, then wishes the mess away.

Lyrak gets to his feet and shakily heads to the bathroom to clean off.

McBish
2007-01-17, 12:42 AM
The mutt wakes up and slowly stands up again. He looks around grogily. Ugh what happened? He staggers out the door.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 02:34 PM
A disheveled and sickly man walks into the temple; his eyes glow with a red haze. He has a skull-shaped symbol carved into his back through the gray clothing he wears. "I'm looking for someone. I'm looking for someone, and I don't know where to find them..." Suddenly, the man breaks down into a coughing fit. Purple bile leaks from his eyes and mouth to the floor below. It is a horrible affliction, created by Maerok himself when combining some of the most vile planar diseases with his tainted energy. This body won't last for very long, but it'll do its damage. I'll find what I need, or it'll find me.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 03:31 PM
Photos bobs over. Oh, dear. Are you alright? Who are you looking for?

Maerok
2007-01-17, 03:37 PM
The pawn tries to put an afflicted hand onto Photos' shoulder, for support. "I'm looking for a god... but I don't know where to find him. I was so close... but now I don't know..."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 03:39 PM
((Photos is a lantern archon. He has no shoulders))

Well, what god are you looking for?

Maerok
2007-01-17, 03:43 PM
(Hey, I said "tries" :smalltongue:; and I've never actually read up on them either. He he. So that's the little sphere in the archons picture... [/n00b])

"They told me he needs to be awakened... by violence. I see counsel with the Dark!" With that name, he sprays forth the better half of his innards as purple slime across the room and towards the lantern archon.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 04:24 PM
((GAH! Sorry, got distracted))

The purple slime covers the floor but slides off the archon. We do not sponsor the worship of the Dark here, the archon says cooly. I suggest you leave.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 05:15 PM
"Sorry... but I will not. I need to get attention, an attack on a temple should suffice..." The carvings on his back ignite with a hellish fire. "It seems only you oppose me." He coughs again as he light dies in his eyes fades and the pawn collapses. Barely alive, the rune continues to burn, spraying the floor with slime.

Sophistemon
2007-01-17, 05:21 PM
In the entryway of the temple certain cells begin to coalesce and multiply on the floor. For the time being, they are operating on a microscopic scale.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 05:53 PM
The area around the body begins to burn and sizzle with extraplanar energies. A red skull-shaped symbol radiating like sun begins to creep out from beneath its form.
[hr]
Across the Astral Plane lies the demiplane of Dread Nirvana where the rune's brother also burns with dark intensity. Around it, Maerok has marshalled his devourer army - an army of 1000. The demilich now resides in his favored pawn, the thinaun mummy, with Telaras, a shadow of the void, at his side. "This will be a most impressive battle, Telaras. We shall show the Dark our strength, and maybe get a little attention. Won't that be grand?" More humanoids appear around the flank of the devourers, people who met fates similar to the one now lying on the floor of the temple; their disease will strike a deep blow in any living creature daring to come close enough. Even as the infectors stand in row, they seep a purple slime across the black floor of Dread Nirvana's staging grounds. Many of the devourers take the opportunity to rub the stuff over their claws and hide, a nasty surprise.

As the army of nearly 1200 units waits, the two runes continue to burn through the void between the Temple and the staging grounds. Soon the portal will open, and there will be much destruction. With a wave of his mummified hand, the banners are raised up over the dead army. They do not act under his rebuking powers, but are instead fanatics who have been swayed to his side through his frequent speeches made in the demiplane.

There is the sound of metal grinding. Maerok recognizes it as a refitted digorectomator from the mine. Hours ago he combined massive machinery with undead sinew and a brain to create a sort of undead machine.

Sophistemon
2007-01-17, 06:26 PM
The cells have formed themselves into a fist-sized glob of quivering meat. With much effort, it rolls itself into a corner and continues to grow.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 06:33 PM
The floor begins to crack precisely under the force of the skull-shaped rift forming over it and the other rune burrowing in below it. Flickers of a bleak alternate plane begin to surface within the huge red insignia.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 06:36 PM
Photos fetches Lyrak, who looks at the floor in disgust. And you say he wanted to gain the attention of the Dark?

Photos bobs.

Lyrak shakes his head. Well, whoever's behind this sure isn't very smart if he's doing this to get on the Dark's good side. Go through the portal. I have a feeling we're going to need help.

Photos bobs again and darts through the portal. Kosuke comes up gehind Lyrak. What do you think is going on? He sees the cracking. Oh. An invasion. The solar readies his greatsword.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 06:51 PM
The Astral runes merge to finalize the portal. A thinaun wrapped mummy steps through the rift and looks around the room. Behind it, the portal fades to become half-transparent. "Hello everyone. You probably know who I am looking for. I hope... you don't take this personally." He smiles as thinaun bands unravel in a menacing stance, held aloft like arms bearing sharpened blades.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 06:55 PM
You do know whose temple this is, right?

Maerok
2007-01-17, 07:25 PM
"No. Who's is it? I've only learned of Iames the Dark. The rest of your pantheon eludes me."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 07:53 PM
This is Iames's temple, Lyrak says.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 08:13 PM
The mummy's eyes narrow. "No... no... I saw his temple. In the slums!" He takes a few steps, looking around. "This couldn't be the Dark's..."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 08:17 PM
This temple is not devoted exclusively to the Dark, but to Iames as a whole.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 08:23 PM
"What do you mean?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 08:25 PM
Iames has three aspects: the Dark, the Light, and the Grey. They are related to various facets of his overall personality, and to certain emotional states.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 08:40 PM
"Interesting. But where is the Dark? I've been dying to meet him. A thousand deaths in his name... A thousand lives to fuel my nation of the undead. All in his honor. Where is he?"

Sophistemon
2007-01-17, 08:43 PM
The fist sized glob has quintupled in size and appears to be growing faster. Is is no longer perfectly round.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 08:45 PM
It is not for me to keep track of the places my Lord's whims take him; I am sorry, but I do not know.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 09:03 PM
More than a dozen NPCs make their way into the temple, crimson gleaming from their eyes. The move with one accord towards Lyrak.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 09:11 PM
Lyrak sees the NPCs and recognizes the sinister light in their eyes. Hello, Vahlziir. I assume you're observing this from some safely hidden place, you coward. Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor the inclination to play your games today. He sends a powerful pulse of counter-magic at the NPCs.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 09:15 PM
"Coward? What a pitiful notion. I can only imagine how you would play chess." The voice comes from the mass of men and women, all of them lending their voice at key points. Six of the stronger men rush Lyrak, while four more move to surround him more slowly. The remaining four stand in the background, waiting.

Sophistemon
2007-01-17, 09:19 PM
The glob of meat, now sporting some hairy patches, scuttle-rolls itself away from the crowd and into another corner, where it continues to grow. It soon looks vaguely humanoid.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 09:23 PM
"'Vahlziir'? Well it seems we both have business here... Though my group is much bigger. A truce?" He grins, hands burning with black light. "I bet we could hold this temple for a time."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 09:29 PM
Lyrak slips unconsciously into a defensive stance, muttering an incantation. He points at one of the charging men, still maintaining his defensive posture, his face a mask of concentration as he wills the man's body to collapse in on itself.

Kosuke looses an arrow of human (or whatever he is) slaying at one of the four men circling around behind Lyrak.

Photos chooses that moment to come back through the portal. Help'll be here any minute! he announces.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 09:35 PM
The man's body stubbornly refuses to die, and while the arrow jabs into another, the magic in it is overcome with a power of will that is far beyond most mortal's power.
Four of the men try to tackle and grapple Lyrak, while the other two punch and kick at him. The four surrounding them move towards Kosuke, attacking him as soon as they can.
The four in the background turn towards Kosuke as well.
"I think it is time for your little protector to die."'
One of the four men in the background suddenly bursts into blackened flames, a dark oily substance coating over him. A hideous, tainted force drains at Kosuke's life force, trying to drain him to husk.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 09:48 PM
It takes some effort, but Lyrak evades the tackles. The thing about spending time in an army, he comments, is that you learn a thing or two about how to handle yourself in a brawl. He draws his pistol. One of the other things I learned was how to handle a gun. He fires at one of the men who tried to tackle him.

Kosuke struggles against the tainted power, but it's too much, and he sags, weakened enormously, though not out of the fight just yet. Lyrak, watch out! He casts waves of exhaustion; forewarned, Lyrak manages to leap out of the affected area.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 09:53 PM
Lyrak shoots the brains out of the man, but the glow in his eyes simply brightens and he shambles towards him anyways. Three bear down on Lyrak with their fists, resisting the exhaustion spell, while another two slow their attacks.
Two of those attacking Kasuke grow weaker, but the other two pummel at him.
The three watches that aren't dying and on fire weave a spell together to drain the remaining life and energy from Kosuke, firing a beam of negative enery at him.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 09:55 PM
Kyrian steps into the temple, and walks up behind the nearest NPC. He taps the man on the shoulder, and assuming he turns (ok, so Kyr'll do this even if he doesn't turn), Kyrian throws a punch at his face.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 10:01 PM
Maerok stands aside, reanimating the fallen as corpse creatures and takes them under his command.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 10:02 PM
Lyrak growls low in his throat and casts holy word.

Kosuke crumples to the floor.

However, at that moment, a fresh force of celestials emerges from the portal, mostly planetars, with another solar in apparent command. They tear into the army of undead creatures.

((Nvm, then))

Sophistemon
2007-01-17, 10:06 PM
The glob of meat (called so even though it now possesses bones and quite a few organs) lurches to half-formed feet and ans tests it's reformed limbs. Seconds pass before Jacky Knives, as naked as the day he was born, is fully resurrected. "What the shock was that? Why aren't I dead!?" Horrified at yet another resuscitation, Jacky flees the temple and heads towards his hideaway.

((Gotta go for the night.))

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 10:08 PM
((Sorry Maerok, but the only fallen are entirely made of ash, and the ones that are not made of ash are affected with a Seed of Undeath that put them under Vahlziir's control as zombies when they die))
Kyrian nearly decapitates a reserve man with his punch. As it is, his neck snaps before he retaliates with a punch of his own.
One of the men attacking Lyrak, and another that was attacking Kosuke die instantly and are raised as zombies. The seven men (and zombies) all go for Lyrak, punching and grappling and in general trying to overwhelm him.
The two reserve men who aren't suffering broken neck syndrome channel dark energies to shoot a blast of negative energy at Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 10:11 PM
Kyrian grabs the man's fist and goes to punch him in the gut when he's struck by the negative energy, vaulting him straight out the door. He storms back in, sans jacket (sans = minus, missing, or something of that type, doesn't it?) and draws his Colt .45s. Without a word he fires once with each gun, one aimed at one of the two, the other aimed at the other

Maerok
2007-01-17, 10:12 PM
(no army on this plane)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 10:17 PM
Lyrak is hemmed in on all sides and can't defend himself against all his attackers at once. His eyes glow a bright, intense green, and a burst of disruptive harmonics emanates from him out to 40 feet distant.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 10:22 PM
((It does, Kyrian. And I fail to see how that comment is relevant, Maerok))
Kyrian blasts the zombie into pieces, and kills off one of the other men (turning him into a zombie), while the other is consumed by black fire that streams out from him towards Kyrian, not draining his life or energy, but instead covering him in a tainted miasma that claws at his soul and rends at his morals.
Lyrak crumbles two zombies and stuns four of the men, but the remaining four continue to pummel him, if a bit weaker than before.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 10:27 PM
Kyrian steps back, unsure what to do about the black smokie thingie.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 10:35 PM
I'm not going to be taken down by a bunch of damn pawns! Lyrak targets two of his assailants with decerebrate ((one is quickened, the other normal)).

Photos aims a searing light spell at one of the men attacking Lyrak.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 10:39 PM
One of the men falls into a coma, while the other fights it off. The four stunned men move back to the attack, making it a total of seven men, and one zombie punching at Lyrak.
The zombie near Kyrian is absorbed into the concentrated taint, strengthening it.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 10:41 PM
Kyrian's eyes flash red as his player learns what the taint is. He grabs his head and shakes it.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 10:41 PM
"Too weak outside my own form..." The rune portal opens beneath Maerok's feet as he unleashes soulburning spells upon the cleric. In the next instant, it closes behind him but leaves the floor scarred.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 10:51 PM
((Okay, now the cavalry will come in.))

A squad of planetars steps through the portal from Iames's realm and charges Maerok. They pull up short as he disappears into the ground.

Lyrak manifests a concussion blast, augmented to affect all the people currently attacking him, and follows it up with a sudden burst of cold energy.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 10:54 PM
The last zombie is sucked into the tainted miasma as well, while the four men earlier affected by the sonic damage are blasted into skeletons. The remaining three men back off, and the strength and lives of two of them are drained into the last one, who promptly changes into Vahlziir.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 10:56 PM
(was using PSP)
In another second, the dread lord returns to the temple in his true form. Faster than a pinball, the tainted skull launches himself into the horde of angels, zig-zagging between them and converting all he touches into zombies, his new minions. His aura twists the forms of those who dare come too close. The portal remains open, and the tide of infected humans pours out to aid those combating Lyrak and his allies. They throw themselves upon the combatants of Good, and spread their vile disease among their ranks. Next comes a tide of devourers, a hundred of them, climbing atop one another, unleashing devastating magics against the angelic forces and consuming their souls. Telaras and the mummy thrall remain behind to guard the portal. All who fall under Maerok's assault get up to join him.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 10:58 PM
Kyrian stands up, one eye pitch black, the other red. He aims Ebony and fires at Vahlziir.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 10:59 PM
((Dude, ONE HUNDRED people would have a hard time fitting into this temple. Its a converted house, for crying out loud))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:00 PM
Breathing somewhat heavily, Lyrak casts heal on himself, then straightens up. So, he says to Vahlziir.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 11:00 PM
(Well they are crawling on each other :smallbiggrin:; those who can't fit will make a rush for the portal behind the altar; eh -> 100 devourers, replaced as they are killed; removed the freakin' dwarven mining machine from hell :smallbiggrin:)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:05 PM
At the flood of vile creatures, Lyrak reaches his breaking point. With a scream of rage, he invokes Iames's power.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:06 PM
Vahlziir catches the bullet in his hand.
In a matrix movie, this would work to save him. However, Vahlziir has no amount of bullet time, so the bullet simple tears through his hand, leaving a rather ugly, bleeding wound.
He snarls and uses the blood dripping from his hand to cast another spell of taint over Kyrian, trying to fully turn him over to evil.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 11:07 PM
Kyrian growls and that's his move for this round. His player continues to read his hw and search for songs to complete an album.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:08 PM
Iames's divine power fills the temple like the oppressive stillness that comes before a storm. In a wave emanating out from the altar, the undead infesting the temple turn to dust, as do any undead that enter the area while the palpable aura of divinity still lingers.

((Which it does until I say otherwise))

Maerok
2007-01-17, 11:10 PM
Having made a decent run through the angels, Maerok approaches Lyrak, leveling off at eye-level. He looks the cleric up and down with red eyes. "Hmm, perhaps a mummy... Or a corpse creature... I can't decide."

Then the dread lord turns to see his troops fall behind him. Seeing a change in the struggle, the mummy and Telaras close the portal temporarily, leaving its image scarred in the floor and its trail scarred into the Astral Plane. The lingering infected still remain, though most have been undone and lie in pools of their own slime.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:13 PM
((Sigh. I suppose Maerok can stay. Being a named bad guy and not a mook :smallwink:))

Maerok
2007-01-17, 11:16 PM
(First the shrine collapse and now that :smalltongue:)

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:18 PM
((I sent you a PM))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:19 PM
So, Lyrak repeats, expression uncharacteristically angry.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:21 PM
"Have you run out of words, little priest?" Vahlziir sneers at him.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 11:22 PM
Kyrian roars. His black eye slowly turns red.

Maerok
2007-01-17, 11:25 PM
Maerok flys across to the opposite side of the temple to busy himself with the dead (telekinetically hurling bodies on top of the portal rune) and whistling softly to himself while he works. Once all useable bodies have been set into place, he activates the portal and watchs as all of them drop into his demiplane. He follows them back to Dread Nirvana soon after, the possibilities of what kinds of undead begin to dance in his head. Angels would be an nice addition to the Project.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:26 PM
Actually, I'm having trouble finding words to describe how utterly vile and despicable I find you. Lyrak pauses for a moment. No, still no epithets quite so foul as you are. I guess I'll just have to settle for making sure I kill you. Lyrak casts antimagic field and steps forward to make sure Vahlziir is inside it.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:31 PM
Rather than falling dead this time, Vahlziir simply turns into some, hideous malformed shape of a man. He almost appears to be undead his appearance is so warped. His eyes are gone, replaced by flickering points of light, his back is hunched, half of his white hair has fallen out, and his breathing is ragged and painful to even listen to.
"You see how I am, little priest? You think you can kill me?
Vahlziir looks frightning, but distinctly pathetic, so perhaps he is a bit delusional too...

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 11:34 PM
Kyrian's eyes don't return to normal as Vahlziir is put in the antimagic field. He steps up and kicks the man in the back of the legs, knowing what he promised Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:38 PM
Slowly, Lyrak shakes his head. No, I don't think I can kill you. His eyes harden. I know I can. He raises his pistol, levels it at Vahlziir's forehead, and fires.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:40 PM
Vahlziir falls to the ground as he gets tripped, the shot going over his head. He scrambles out of the antimagic and casts Prismatic Sphere around himself.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 11:47 PM
Kyrian growls, unsure of his actions as he levels a Colt at each Lyrak and Vahlziir.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-17, 11:50 PM
Lyrak dismisses the antimagic field, steels himself, and walks straight through the prismatic sphere. Fire burns him and his clothing; the acid eats away at his exposed flesh and whatever scraps of clothing haven't been burned away. The crackle of eletricity fills the air with the smell of ozone, giving Lyrak yet another lovely set of burns. He wretches as poison wracks his body with painful spasms, but he keeps coming. He walks unimpeded through the layer of light that should have turned him into a grisly work of art. He emerges from the layer that should have driven him mad with the same iron determination in his eyes, and he walks right through the layer which should have whisked him away to another dimension entirely. He raises the pistol again, again takes careful aim, and fires.

Kyrian
2007-01-17, 11:53 PM
Kyrian fires at both Lyrak and Vahlziir.

AmberVael
2007-01-17, 11:54 PM
By the time Lyrak gets through the sphere, Vahlziir has put up a defensive warding around himself that brushes the bullet away from his head and into his shoulder. Vahlziir grimaces, then pours his magic into Lyrak's blood, trying to boil it away.
The sphere eats up the bullet intended for Vahlziir with little effort.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 12:00 AM
The sphere likewise protects Lyrak from Kyrian's bullet.

Gritting his teeth against the pain in his veins, Lyrak attempts to tear down the ward with a spasm of psionic power. If he succeeds, he fires again.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 12:09 AM
Kyrian dives through the sphere, losing all his clothes in the process. He aims a punch in Vahlziir's chest.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 12:11 AM
Chase, the god of Lawyers and Decency, makes a note to sue Kyrian.
Vahlziir's ward goes away, and he gets hit hard by Kyrian, one of his ribs snapping as he slides out of the prismatic sphere, but out of the way of Lyrak's shot.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 12:18 AM
Kyrian punches Vahlziir, aiming for where he heard the rib snap.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 12:26 AM
Lyrak's pistol gets knocked from his hand by Kyrian's dive through the sphere. Lyrak charges after Vahlziir, emerging on the other side of the sphere looking quite a bit worse for the wear, but still alive. His eyes are bright with passionate hate, and he lashes out with his mind, pouring the power of his hatred into Vahlziir, taking his clerical powers and adding them to the flow.

Lyrak's eyes are glowing bright green, and his head is surrounded by a wispy nimbus of green light as he concentrates.

AmberVael
2007-01-18, 12:32 AM
Vahlziir is slowly being torn apart by the psionics, and Kyrian's punch throws him across the temple again. With a snarl he draws a dagger and jabs it into his arm, hard, and drags it across. The blood hisses and smokes as his eyes gleam a bright, vivid crimson as he casts one last spell that seems to have no effect. He screams, then slowly dies under the assault of energy, his crimson eyes going dark.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 12:40 AM
Lyrak slumps and staggers over to the altar, barely holding himself upright by grabbing onto it.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 12:40 AM
Kyrian looks at Vahlziir and Lyrak, eyes still red.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 12:46 AM
Lyrak makes his way to the bedroom, stumbling over nothing with every step. When he gets to his room, he collapses on the bed and is asleep almost instantly.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 12:48 AM
Hey, what about atoning me? Jerk....

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 01:00 AM
Iames's PRESENCE disappears.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 01:02 AM
Kyrian sits, red eyes glaring back towards Lyrak's bedroom. All it would have taken was a simple atonement spell....

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 12:38 PM
Lyrak emerges from his bedroom, looking better than he did last night. After praying and healing himself, he leaves the temple, scooping up his pistol as he goes.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 01:31 PM
Kyrian continues to wait.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 01:34 PM
Photos goes over. Pardon me, but do you need something?

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 01:35 PM
Kyrian glares at the archon with still red eyes.

I don't know, a thanks for the help? Maybe a damn atonement spell?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 01:42 PM
Photos seems to quiver in the air. I'm sure Lyrak will thank you once he gets back. He was rather drained last night, you know, and you were asleep when he went out.

As for an atonement, I'm afraid that too will have to wait for Lyrak's return. I have not yet mastered spells of that power.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 01:44 PM
Kyrian growls. Part out of lack of patience, and part out of the evil that he's trying to hold back, and not rip the little ball of light to even smaller balls of light.

Ramza Hawkwing
2007-01-18, 01:47 PM
A rough looking man enters.

GROG! ME WANT GROG!

Ramza Hawkwing
2007-01-18, 01:48 PM
Not getting a reply, he runs out.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 01:54 PM
Tehanu walks in and pauses when she spots Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 01:55 PM
Kyrian has his back to the door, but notices who it is by her footsteps. He closes his eyes.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 01:56 PM
Lyrak comes in behind her. Oh, Kyrian. Thank you very much for helping last night. I'm sorry I didn't thank you sooner, but I was well and truly spent last night, and I didn't want to wake you when I left.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 01:57 PM
You're...you're welcome. Can we discuss an atonement spell? I'll gladly pay beyond normal price...it's just getting hard to keep from ripping something apart...and I really would like to be not evil again.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 01:58 PM
Tehanu steps back to stand beside Lyrak.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 02:07 PM
Lyrak starts to say that no payment would be necessary, but then he remembers that repairs to the damage done during the scuffle will be expensive. Certainly. It'll take some time, however. He goes to a small cabinet and takes out a string of ornately made prayer beads and some incense. He places the book and the incense on the altar, then lights the incense. You'll have to kneel right here in front of the altar, Lyrak tells Kyrian, picking up the prayer beads.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 02:09 PM
Kyrian slowly opens his red eyes, and does as Lyrak tells him.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 02:10 PM
Tehanu sits down on a bench to wait. She watches Lyrak, her inner voice, He's alive and I love him.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 02:18 PM
Lyrak begins praying under his breath, his fingers rubbing the beads gently. The burning incense slowly fills the room, almost covering up the smell of the dead bodies still littering the floor. ((The spell will take an hour, and I have some stuff to do, so I'll be back in an hour or so))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 03:19 PM
Lyrak speaks the final word of power, and the spell takes hold.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:20 PM
It takes a moment, but Kyrian's eyes finally begin to fade back to their normal color.

Thank you...Now, what's the normal payment for that spell?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 03:25 PM
Ummm... Lyrak consults the PHB. It's normally 1050 gold.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:27 PM
Kyrian pulls out a pouch and offers it to Lyrak.

Here. 1000 platinum.

Gemini
2007-01-18, 03:28 PM
Gemini walks in. "I heard this is the temple of Iames, where is Iames?"

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 03:29 PM
Tehanu glares at Gemini

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 03:31 PM
Lyrak seems stunned by the offering. ... Thank you, he says, taking it. He tucks the pouch away and turns to Gemini. I don't know where my Lord is right now.

Gemini
2007-01-18, 03:34 PM
Gemini curses, glares at Tehanu with a wicked glare, and then leaves.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:35 PM
Well...that was nice... Kyrian says sarcastically.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 03:35 PM
Tehanu continues to glare daggers at him until he's out the door. After he's gone she gets up and walks towards Lyrak.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 03:40 PM
A bit puzzled by Gemini's abrupt departure, Lyrak slides an arm around her waist. Thank you for your generosity, Kyrian.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:40 PM
Arha...

Kyrian looks at her, and nods at Lyrak.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 03:43 PM
Tehanu slides an arm around Lyrak, "Yes, Kyrian?"

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:44 PM
Kyrian pulls out another pouch full of coins. He offers it to her.

For you.

Gemini
2007-01-18, 03:46 PM
Gemini teleports back in, confused and fustrated.
((I will be back in like, 20 minutes.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 03:47 PM
Iames appears. Someone called me?

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 03:47 PM
"I'm sorry, I have no need of your money"

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:48 PM
Kyrian shrugs.

"I was only trying to offer a token of friendship."

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 03:52 PM
Tehanu tightens her arm around Lyrak, "Money is not needed for friendship".

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 03:55 PM
Kyrian nods. I guess that's true, and I apologize then for making it seem like it is. I hope that you can come to see me as a friend, Arha. And I'd like to see you and Lyrak at my wedding. On the 28th.

He smiles.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 03:56 PM
Lyrak squeezes back, then smiles to Kyrian. We'll be there.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 04:01 PM
Tehanu smiles at Kyrian, her smile widens as she looks at Lyrak. She kisses his ear.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 04:04 PM
Lyrak blushes a little. If you'll excuse us, Kyrian, I think Arha wants to "discuss" something with me. He smiles sheepishly.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 04:09 PM
Iames sighs and disappears.

wxdruid
2007-01-18, 04:11 PM
Tehanu's smile widens as she leads Lyrak past Kyrian, Gemini and Iames. She leads him to the bedroom and closes the door behind her.

Gemini
2007-01-18, 04:13 PM
Gemini paces.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 04:17 PM
Iames reappears since Gemini is awake. Yes?

Gemini
2007-01-18, 04:25 PM
"Come with me." Gemini gestures to follow him out of the temple.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 04:42 PM
Why? I assure you, if privacy is what you seek, this temple is warded with privacy in mind. Photos, if you would fetch a work crew to deal with theses bodies? Iames turns back to Gemini as the archon floats through the portal. That'll occupy him for a while, and I can assure you that Lyrak and Arha are far too preoccupied to even contemplate eavesdropping on us.

Maerok
2007-01-18, 04:59 PM
(did anyone undo the runic scar in the floor?)

Gemini
2007-01-18, 05:01 PM
"I prefer we get out of town."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 05:06 PM
((not yet))

Iames sighs. Very well. How far out of Town were you considering?

Maerok
2007-01-18, 05:13 PM
The insignia etched into the floor begins to shrink, slowly converging on a single point to where it converts back into the sickly creature that spawned it. Yet another body joins the rest that Maerok did not loot. It's back no longer bears the scorching rune, but its image has been burned into its flesh. Small beads of purple contagion weep from that skull-shaped scar.

The floor is as pristine as it was before, no longer marred by the magic. As is the scar in the Astral Plane.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 05:19 PM
Iames continues to wait for Gemini to answer.

Gemini
2007-01-18, 05:24 PM
((Ok, I can wait...That isn't a problem.))
"Somewhere very far out, where no can find us by any means. I can wait if you have curent business."
((DAMN! that movie was awsome.))

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 05:28 PM
Why not several miles directly above this temple?

Gemini
2007-01-18, 05:32 PM
"We will be detected. We can't be in a place we people would think we will be...."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 05:35 PM
Iames thinks for a moment. I think I know just the place. Just a moment.

Gemini
2007-01-18, 05:37 PM
Gemini nods.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 06:05 PM
Iames looks up, and a portal forms beside him.

((sorry for the wait, had to make the thread. Unfortunately, I now must go for approx. 30 minutes :smallfrown:))

Gemini
2007-01-18, 06:08 PM
((Ok, I might have to go soon.))
Gemini looks up. "I sensed a new plane, shall we go there?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 06:44 PM
((I'm back))

If you sensed a the creation of a new plane, it wasn't my doing. I only opened a portal to an existing plane. But yes, I suggest we go there.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 08:29 PM
And elven woman in a long green dress walks in and starts praying while carefully yet discretely looking around.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 08:34 PM
Kyrian wakes up.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 08:35 PM
She sees Gemini and Iames standing and facing each other, each deep in a meditative state. There is a portal behind the altar that glows with white light.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 08:37 PM
The woman slowly walks over to where first was the magic scar made by the demilich and proceeds to kneel in front of it still mumbling payers to Iames.

Kyrian
2007-01-18, 08:54 PM
Kyrian sets the pouch he'd offered to Arha earlier on the alter. Making sure that only Arha and Lyrak are able to pick it up, Kyrian leaves.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-18, 08:57 PM
Photos emerges from the portal, leading a group of celetials who proceed to begin cleaning up the bodies left from last night's battle.

Deus Mortus
2007-01-18, 09:02 PM
The elven woman nods to no one in particular and leaves the temple, once outside shifting to Tinderhall.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 09:28 AM
Lyrak wakes up and smiles, enjoying Tehanu's sleeping presence. After a few moments, he quietly gets up, dresses, and goes to pray.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 10:30 AM
Tehanu wakes up and looks over for Lyrak. She smiles and decides he must have gotten up to pray. For a brief moment she wonders when/if Indurain might show up to drag her off, but dismisses the thought. She gets up, dresses and joins Lyrak. She kneels down next to him and begins her prayers.

Gemini
2007-01-19, 05:38 PM
Gemini looks for Iames.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 06:41 PM
Tehanu finishes her duties for the day (whatever Lyrak needed her to do around the Temple), she goes to find him.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 06:47 PM
Lyrak is healing NPCs in the main area.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 06:48 PM
Tehanu watches him as she waits for him to finish.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 06:55 PM
Lyrak casts remove disease on a sickly-looking toddler, and the kid's complexion clears instantly. Lyrak smiles as the toddler and his mother leave the Temple, and then Lyrak turns to Tehanu.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 07:00 PM
Tehanu quickly walks over to him, "I still don't quite understand your desire to help everyone who walks in here." She slips one arm around his waist and kisses him, "Is that everyone for today? I've cleaned up some of the other sections of the Temple and living quarters. I'm more than ready for dinner and a bath."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 07:04 PM
Lyrak nods. That's everyone. As for dinner and a bath, they sound lovely. Which one would you prefer to do first? He kisses her back, putting both arms around her.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 07:07 PM
"I think dinner first, bath second. That way we can enjoy the bath without being hungry."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 07:14 PM
Lyrak nods. Here, or somewhere else?

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 07:16 PM
"I leave it up to you, Lover. Whichever you would like to do."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 07:28 PM
Well, the SMBR has been rebuilt. Why don't we go there?

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 07:30 PM
"Yes, I don't think I've been there yet. You ready?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 07:47 PM
Lyrak nods.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 07:51 PM
Tehanu takes his arm, "Let's go....." as she leads him towards the door.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 08:03 PM
Lyrak allows himself to be led.

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 08:05 PM
Tehanu leads him outside, to the streets.

Maerok
2007-01-19, 09:30 PM
Something almost twenty feet tall enters the temple. (see a previous post in Slums for description, http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17642&page=37)

It carries a dark altar on one shoulder that has been thoroughly splattered with red. Its angelic wings open wide as four grinning faces, three angelic and one skull, look out across the hall.

<postponedzorz>

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 09:42 PM
((*sigh* can you do this another night?))

wxdruid
2007-01-19, 10:19 PM
Tehanu smiles as Lyrak walks in, "You ready for a long, relaxing bath?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-19, 10:23 PM
Of course, Lyrak answers with a smile, and they head for the bathroom.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 11:56 AM
Tehanu wakes up (both of them having made it to the bedroom sometime in the night), she snuggles close to Lyrak, putting her head on his chest.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 11:58 AM
Lyrak cuddles her, breathing in her scent with a happy sigh.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 12:00 PM
Tehanu smiles as she lays a kiss on him. "I love to wake up next to you."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 12:04 PM
Me too. Lyrak smiles and kisses her back.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 12:06 PM
Tehanu frowns for a moment, "Although I am worried that Indurain might try to drag me back."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 12:17 PM
I won't let him.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 12:24 PM
Tehanu slides her hands up his chest. "I'm sure you won't."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 12:28 PM
Lyrak smiles, then grins and starts to tickle her.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 12:32 PM
She laughs, "You are merciless, my lord," she starts to laugh harder as he finds her most ticklish spots.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 12:42 PM
Lyrak grins gleefully and continues to tickle her.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 12:44 PM
Tehanu grins, I see how it is, and starts to tickle him back as she laughs.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 12:53 PM
Lyrak starts laughing too, and he squirms, trying to get out of her reach.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 12:54 PM
She relentlessly follows him, "All is fair in Love and War, and this is War!"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 01:05 PM
Between bouts of laughter. Lyrak manges to get out, It is, is it?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 01:08 PM
"Oh yes," as she quickly casts Spectral Hand and he is tickled where her hands can't reach.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 01:14 PM
GAH! He writhes, tries to concentrate enough to dispel the spectral hand, fails, and goes back on the attack, tickling every bit of Tehanu he can reach.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 01:21 PM
Tehanu tries to maintain her concentration on the spectral hand as he tickles her, she fails miserably and it vanishes. Eventually she gives up tickling him as she tries to protect herself. Finally, out of breath and unable to laugh anymore she gives in, "You are the victor, My Lord. Will you now take the spoils of war?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 01:30 PM
Just as soon as a catch my breath, he grins, panting a bit from all the laughing.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 01:33 PM
Tehanu grins, "In that case, I'll have to take advantage of the victor." She slides the sash off her robe on the floor and grabs one of his wrists.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 01:50 PM
Curses, Lyrak resists playfully.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 01:55 PM
Tehanu smiles wickedly and despite his protestations she succeeds in tying him down. Her eyes gleam as she takes out a knife, the curtain falls, leaving them in privacy.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 04:04 PM
Svadris and Thud enter the Temple. Svadris looks around for Photos. Excuse me, is Lyrak around now?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 05:12 PM
Photos hesitates. He's here, yes, but he hasn't gotten up yet. I'll go see if I can rouse him. The archon floats his way back to Lyrak's bedroom door. Excuse me, Lyrak? There's someone here to see you.
[hr]
Just a minute! Lyrak calls to the archon, then looks at Tehanu. As enjoyable as this is, do you think you could untie me so I can get dressed?

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 05:12 PM
Svadris taps his foot impatiently.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 06:41 PM
Tehanu smiles, "Certainly, my Lord. I'm finished for now." She unties him and gets dressed.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 06:43 PM
Lyrak also gets dressed. He goes out into the main area and stops dead when he sees Svadris.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 06:46 PM
Svadris is facing away from Lyrak, but he turns around at the sound of footsteps. It's about time you got your butt out here. Now explain to me what in the hells you've done to this house.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 06:47 PM
Lyrak's mouth is hanging open. He recovers himself enough to whisper, F- Father? Is it really you?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 06:48 PM
Tehanu follows him out and stands next to him.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 06:57 PM
'Course it's me! But don't try to distract me, I expect you to answer me when I ask you a question, boy! What in the hells have you done to this house? Turned it into a temple to some two-bit deity who runs around on the police force like he has nothing better to do, and a brothel as well? He jerks his chin at Tehanu and sneers. Now I know what took you so long, don't I, boy? Well? Don't just stand there staring at me with your mouth hanging open and your eyes all teary like that, answer me! ... NOW!

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 06:58 PM
"I don't think so. I think you need to speak respectfully to him."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:14 PM
Svadris manages to simultaneously favor Tehanu with both a sneer and a leer. And why should I? He's just a weak, soft overgrown boy... though I'll grant he has good taste in women, he adds, looking her up and down. If you're not expensive, I might want a taste myself. He smirks, his slightly elongated canine teeth just visible.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:17 PM
Lyrak's mouth shuts with a snap, and he glares at Svadris. Don't talk about her that way. You've been gone for years, doing gods know what since Mother died. And now you think you can just waltz right back in here and be your usual shock-hole self?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:17 PM
Tehanu lifts one eyebrow, "I'm sorry, I'm not available and I don't do the undead, I just control them."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:23 PM
Oho, you've picked uo a bit of a temper, boy. You'll want to watch that. It might get you into trouble. And yes, I do think I can come back to my house. My name is still on the deed, boy, and you know it. He looks at Tehanu with a new expression - condescending appraisal. Do you, now? Good for you. Keep it up and maybe you'll be a real necromancer someday, if you can find the time to study between customers.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:31 PM
Tehanu slowly smiles, "I think I know the extent of my abilites."

to Lyrak, "Who is this?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:33 PM
He's my father. Or he was, if he is an undead. Lyrak's eyes are hot with anger and resentment. There's an easy way to find out, too. Lyrak holds up Sagas and holds it out forcefully toward Svadris.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:36 PM
Svadris recoils with a hiss. Don't think you've seen the last of me, boy. You need to be reminded of the filial obedience I beat into you. Svadris turns and leaves the temple. Thud, we're leaving.

Thud follows him out.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:39 PM
"That was interesting, and he's definitely an undead of some type."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:51 PM
Lyrak nods. Yes, he was. You don't know what kind?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 07:55 PM
"I think the vampire kind with those teeth and pale skin, but I'm not positive."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 07:59 PM
Lyrak nods. What makes you uncertain?

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:06 PM
"The feeling I get by looking at him, something just doesn't add up." She slips one arm around his waist.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:08 PM
I'm sorry for the way he treated you, Lyrak says, putting both his arms around her. I never expected to see him again. I thought he was dead.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:10 PM
"He shouldn't treat you like dirt, and I think he is dead, he just hasn't realized it yet. Is he still on the deed to this house?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:14 PM
Lyrak nods unhappily. He is. He was declared legally dead after he went missing for so long, but now that he's shown up again, he can take it back.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:19 PM
"Well, what can we do about it?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:25 PM
Lyrak sighs. I don't know. I suppose I could buy the house from him.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:26 PM
"Would he even be amenable to the idea? I don't think he even likes you."

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:37 PM
Probably not, but I'm not sure what else we can do.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:40 PM
"Kill him again? I don't know if you're up to that, since you're related to him," as she leans into his embrace and buries her face in his neck and hair.

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:49 PM
Me neither. Lyrak holds her tight. The thing is, he hasn't done anything to me that would justify me killing him. Or to you.

wxdruid
2007-01-20, 08:51 PM
Just give him time, as she breathes in his scent. "hm, I love the way you smell after an active day. Hungry?"

Lord Iames Osari
2007-01-20, 08:54 PM
Lyrak nods. I'll make us something here.