PDA

View Full Version : Clone and Permanent Spells

Xar Zarath
2013-09-24, 11:54 PM
Hi Playgrounders, got a question for you. Say a wizard uses a clone spell and now he has a clone (under lock and key so to speak)
He has permanent spells on himself (as per permanency) say tongues, true seeing and arcane sight.

Now he somehow gets killed and his soul passes into the clone. When he gets up does he have the permanent spells?
or
does he have to cast them all over again?

Do you think the permanent spells should carry? and if so, what about a lich? when they die and possess another body do they have their permanent spells?

SolioFebalas
2013-09-25, 12:41 AM
It's simple, you cast spells (including permanent) on your body, not the soul. And when you die, your permanent spells not transfered with your soul. You need to cast them again.

Xar Zarath
2013-09-25, 07:30 AM
Can the spells be tied to the soul and made permanent? Would that be allowed?

Deca4531
2013-09-25, 08:29 AM

"I cast Fireball at the orc's soul!"

"wait, what?"

"didn't see that coming did you?"

Vaz
2013-09-25, 08:48 AM

If you can target the soul, then yes. As far as I'm aware, there is nothing to identify the Soul as a target of a particular spell, and there are only certain spells which specify to destroy a target creatures' soul or special means of seperating the soul from the body and then destroying the soul that way.

Xar Zarath
2013-09-25, 09:10 AM
"I cast Fireball at the orc's soul!"

"wait, what?"

"didn't see that coming did you?"

"What do you mean I cant fireball the orc's soul?!":smallfurious:

Xar Zarath
2013-09-25, 09:14 AM
If you can target the soul, then yes. As far as I'm aware, there is nothing to identify the Soul as a target of a particular spell, and there are only certain spells which specify to destroy a target creatures' soul or special means of seperating the soul from the body and then destroying the soul that way.

So technically it is possible...:smallamused: Because it seems like such a hassle to have to recast those spells you like to keep around then going to the trouble of casting permanency on them all over again:smallsigh:

Quick question: if I were to cast arcane sight, tongues etc (those spells I want permanent) in quick succession then cast permanency once, would that cover it for all the spells I want to keep permanent on my person?

Deca4531
2013-09-25, 09:16 AM
So technically it is possible...:smallamused: Because it seems like such a hassle to have to recast those spells you like to keep around then going to the trouble of casting permanency on them all over again:smallsigh:

Quick question: if I were to cast arcane sight, tongues etc (those spells I want permanent) in quick succession then cast permanency once, would that cover it for all the spells I want to keep permanent on my person?

unfortunately no that dose not work.

Vortenger
2013-09-25, 09:47 PM
Gotta pay the Xp cost for each spell, I'm afraid. Best thing you can do is jack up your CL before casting and use as many anti-dispel tricks as you can.