PDA

View Full Version : A New Artifact [Aust]

Traveling_Angel
2006-12-27, 07:53 PM
Note: Aspiring novelist that I am, this has been floating around in my brain for a long time. This is part of a project for coming up with crunchy bits for a novel that I wish to write.

No one knows where the hat came from, and most of the Realms gods don't even know. Those who do respond with a blush and a quick change of subject.

Even if you looked at it, you would have no clue as to it's powerful nature. Just a plain, tan, wide brimmed hat, this hat rarely is noticed, if at all.

The various abilities of the hat stay dormant until the wearer does something that is a incredibly demonstration of their personality. This could be a cold hearted kill for an assassin, a few platinum tossed to beggars from a generous soul. From then on, The hat enhances there personality to a massive degree, showing in a long list of effects.

The wearer gains fast healing 1.
The wearer gains "protecton from" alignments they are oposed to, as the 1st level spells (i.e. a LG wearer would get protection from evil and protection from chaos). True Neutal wearers are protected from all Extreme alignments(CG, LE and so on)
The wearer is immune to any charms or compulsions.
Any weapons the wearer uses, as well as as any natural weapons they have, count as their alignment (so a paladin's would count as Lawful and Good) as well as magical.
If the wearer can obtain a psionic focus, they may store a focus in the hat. When they have focus, they may shift it into the hat, and lose the benefits. However, they may regain focus. When a wearer has both focuses, he may lose the one he has access to as normal. the hat transfers it's stored focus to the wearer 2 rounds later. any effect/condition that removes a psionic focus (unconscious, no power points left) removes both focuses.
The wearer may manifest powers in a Null Psionic field
The wearer may store a gear set or outfit in the hat. This must be a *normal* outfit for the wearer, like an adventure's gear. Whenever the wearer puts the hat back on, the outfit is donned completely. When they take the hat off, their un-normal clothing comes back.
The hat may not be removed unless the wearer wants it to be so.
The wearer gains DR 5/opposed alignments

Note that since this is a major artifact, these effects are never suppressed by mortal magic.

Comments? Questions?

Leather_Book_Wizard
2006-12-27, 10:05 PM
You might want to make it so that a TN character chooses one extreme alignment to be protected from, otherwise TN PCs would have a field day with this. Otherwise, seems pretty good.

Traveling_Angel
2006-12-28, 04:21 PM
Well, I see it as a comparison to other Alignments:NG, CN, NE, and LN all get protected from three combinations, LG, CG, LE, and CE all get protected from 5 combinations, so it's not as good as that.

Cybren
2006-12-28, 05:23 PM
You might want to make it so that a TN character chooses one extreme alignment to be protected from, otherwise TN PCs would have a field day with this. Otherwise, seems pretty good.

It's an artifact.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2006-12-28, 07:28 PM
Yeah........ I know it's an artifact. I just saying that you should make it so TN only get protected from on alignment, like the others. And,actually this is how it should be.
Lawful Good is protected from Chaotic Evil
Neutral Good is protected from Neutral Evil
Chaotic Good is protected from Lawful Evil
Lawful Neutral is protected from Chaotic Neutral
True Neutral is protected from either LG,CG,LE,CE,at the wearers choosing.
Lawful Evil is protected from Chaotic Good
Neutral Evil is protected from Neutral Good
Chaotic Evil is protected from Lawful Good.

Traveling_Angel
2006-12-28, 09:05 PM
Ah, you misinterpreted that line. What I mean is a LG person would have both protection from evil and protection from chaos. But a TN character would gain the protection effects from any extreme attacker.

Leather_Book_Wizard
2006-12-28, 11:06 PM
Oh,ok. I feel dumb now. Sorry.