PDA

View Full Version : Half Elf Mystic Theurge (PF)

Valdras
2013-09-25, 04:58 AM
Hello all,

A while ago there was a post here which had a build for a Mystic Theurge half Elf, made up by grarrrg, that was using Paragon Surge for some shennanigens, but I cannot for one thing, figure out how to search this forum, and my Googlefu is weak.

Does anyone else remember the thread this was in, or perhaps have a link to it.

Or perhaps grarrrg, you could shed some light on it for me?

grarrrg
2013-09-25, 07:14 PM
I honestly don't remember doing much of anything ever with Mystic Theurge.

And as for Paragon Surge shenanigans, I didn't come up with that, but it is a very handy tactic for high level Oracles. Less so for high level Sorcerers, but still quite useful.

Spuddles
2013-09-25, 07:42 PM
I highly recommend joining a magic guild from inner sea magic. When you are at rank 5, you get +1 spellcasting level, and at rank 35 you get +3 spellcasting level/+1 spellcasting level.

Valdras
2013-09-25, 09:29 PM
Dang, it must have been someone with the same Avatar then.

It was using the spell Paragon Surge (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/p/paragon-surge) to basically have access to any spell at any time.

I couldn't remember what feat was used to make it useful. I guess I will have to keep trying to find the post.

avr
2013-09-25, 09:55 PM
Paragon Surge can be used to get the feat Expanded Arcana to gain more spells for a spontaneous caster, which should make an oracle/sorc MT work.

Alternately it could access Improved Eldritch Heritage if you meet the prerequisites, which also allows non sorcerers to access the sorcerer list without having to be a mystic theurge.

Edit: IEH (arcane bloodline, 9th level power).