PDA

View Full Version : The Ships of Meridian

cavalieredraghi
2013-09-25, 12:27 PM
You have heard the stories, how old worlds die and new worlds are formed in their remains. How it is only through the Planes that you can even dream of accessing these worlds. You all know this after all you consider yourselves Planar Pirates, despite holding more honor then most. Despite or maybe because of your renown, you all have fallen on hard times.

One day however as you all are waiting around at an Inn in Baldur's Gate in Faerun, since your airship was stolen from you a fortnight ago by the Wind Jackal, your Captain, Otem Smirstan, comes bursting into the doors, saying, " i have found one i have found us a new airship, ready up your stuff boys and girls we sail at noon!" All of you are glad to be in the air again, the idea of flying through the universe, the feel of the freedom of it, it was home to you all.

The Crew of course wasted no time in getting to the River Oceanus in Elysium, after all it is Elysium's fourth layer that allows for easy travel between the Planes and Prime Material. Unfortunately your luck did not hold out, for in the fold of clouds a menace to Air Pirates was waiting. The Dread Pirate Roberts, the scourge of Air ship Pirates everywhere across all the Planes. no one has ever seen It's face and lived to tell the tale ,He, She, It attacked your ship. during the battle you where able to damage the Dread Pirate's vessel slightly, and both you and the Dread Pirate came down crashing into an unknown Portal.

It is here where you are now in unconsciousness, your new ship in wreckage around you, as you all stir, you find a mystery new land, one none of you have ever seen before. it is hilled and covered in what looks like dead or dying yellow wild grass. in the far distance you can see mountains with a light snow cover.
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/882_208633629261883_863740132_n.jpg

Spot DC 10 Listen 15 DC or Search DC10 (past the DC to open)
as you look around it is clear your luck as hold out some what for the Dread Pirate and it's crew are no where near you, and the rest of your allies have survived as well.

Spot DC 20 ( this does does not mean do multiple Skill check just you roll tell you what you can open.)
you are able to see smoke raising from the mountains.

Listen DC 26
you can Hear movement and animals behind the hill you crashed on.

Search DC 30
you are able to find all of your navigation equipment and Planar charts and maps.

So you as a crew have a number of different opinions available to you, what you choose, i can't wait to see.

kestrel404
2013-09-25, 01:44 PM
Silver

The Tainted blade stands from where he fell. The injuries of himself and most of the other crew members visibly begin mending themselves even as they stand. The ever-present cloud of knives circling the mage trail after him, each one seeming to drip a viscous blackened taint. Similarly, the positively malevolent 'sword' sheathed on his back makes a disconcerting chattering sound, further driving home the man's aura of menace as he stalks around the crash site.

He quietly and efficiently searches the area, looking for clues to their circumstances and whereabouts.

Spot: [roll0]
Search: [roll1]

PowerGamer
2013-09-25, 01:53 PM
THORN

The invisible body of the young pixie hurts... As fun as it is being a Sailor on an airship.. it has draw back like this. Rolling out of his Crow's Nest Basket. He stretches his soar muscles. Looking about he see's Silver walking about. Thorn drops his invisibility as not to scare anyone, for now is not the time for pranks. He starts to flit about the crash looking for the rest of the crew and anything of use.

Listen: [roll0] *a 20!
Search: [roll1] *and a 1...
Spot: [roll2]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-25, 05:25 PM
Spot [roll0]
Listen [roll1]
Search [roll2]
Tremorsense may eliminate the need for some rolls.

Interesting an undiscovered land with new things to learn from, and it seems nobody was harmed during the crash.

I'm making an additional Knowledge Nature and Knowledge The Planes check to see if I can recognize similarities and differences from the material plane.
Nature [roll3]
The Planes [roll4]

Additional backstory for followers
My characters humanoid followers are a spy/assassin organization that was missing it's leader and in there eyes Ixickish is a guiding spirit that has a intriguing alien motive and helps protect and advise them in a time when there assassin leader was killed. In short I buy them new equipment once in a while for there assistance and save them if they are facing a mid/high level foe on there own. The name of the organization is the Night Knights.

greenpotato
2013-09-25, 06:20 PM
"Ugh,talk about a rough landing. Where the hell are we anyway?"
The tall Ingrid asks, rubbing her forehead with one hand while the other holds her mop of hair out of the way.

[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Search

"I might get a better vantage point and see if I can see anything" She says to her fellow crew members.
Metamorphosis into a Dire Hawk and begin to fly upwards.

kestrel404
2013-09-25, 07:00 PM
Silver

The stalking mage looks over at the psion as she transforms and points towards the distant mountains. "I saw smoke over that way. If you can get a better look, see if our enemy has crashed over there, or if it's some other group."

Vedhin
2013-09-25, 07:55 PM
"Everyone all right?" Otem calls, getting up on his feet and looking around.

Krug is the first to respond, "Krug okay!" he hollers, coming over to Otem.

Otem:
Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

Krug:
Spot: [roll3]
Listen: [roll4]
Search: [roll5]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-25, 09:46 PM
I send 10 level 3 followers with Ingrid to scout and I unmanifest (Autosucceed the will save) and view everything in the ethereal plane near this area and make a knowledge check.
Knowledge The Planes [roll0]

My squad of followers explain to Ingrid that they are not the best shots, but they will follow behind and provide ranged support. They have a 65 ft. fly speed (average).

Jalor
2013-09-26, 03:42 AM
Legion

Everyone becomes aware of a very faint, gentle hum in the back of their minds. The sort of thing nobody would pay any mind to had it not stopped during the crash and suddenly started back up again. At the same time, a cloud of colorful mist shaped like the vague outline of a brain extricates itself from a piece of rubble. The cloud of mist makes a telepathic announcement to anyone within range. <Do not be alarmed, believers. We are unharmed by the crash and ready to resume communion immediately.> A peculiar-looking fellow with the body of an orc and the head of a massive bullfrog stands up and dusts himself off. An orange crystal tucked into the front of his shark-skin armor glows from within, its light resembling the glint of intelligent eyes. "We are glad to return to the fold once again." <And we relish the notion that the smoke on the horizon might belong to our assailants.>

Listen: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Search: [roll2]

Also I have Mindsight within my 100ft telepathy range. If there are any minds present that don't belong to party members, manifest Read Thoughts on them.

greenpotato
2013-09-27, 02:34 AM
Ingrid gains 300ft of altitude and uses her better vantage point and the sharp eyes of a hawk to make another spot check. [roll0] Spot

cavalieredraghi
2013-09-27, 11:03 AM
Ereti and the other flyers travel for a few minutes till they have a clear view what it is that is causing the smoke on the horizon. unfortunately it is not the enemy vessel that had shot them down. It actually looks like a militarized outpost, with what look like dragon people running around, mixed with a few Humans and Half-Orcs.

Knowledge Religion/nature/arcana/or Planar DC 15 to open
these beings are dragonborn. in your world they are righteous men and woman who are called to the service of Bahamut, in return they are given Draconic Powers. however you are not sure this applies to them for some reason.

As Ereti Flies away the rest of the crew is regaining there footing and trying to scout out, through there own means. Legion is able to get a sense of his Surrounding, and as he expands his mind out he can feel thought that are not of the crew. they are some what brutish, but peaceful, one of these beings thought however are very clear, if we don't hurry this caravan along we won't make it to Beril by night fall. all those who had passed a listen DC of 30 can hear this, almost like a whisper.

Hurry up you cantankerous lot, we don't have much time left to waste. Pick up the pace!

Captain Otem start rummaging through the wreckage and is able to find his missing planar charts and maps. Ixickish at the same time, sees the captain and works with him to help figure out where they are. Captain Otem and Ixickish are able to put there heads together and figure out that, yes they are back on the Prime Material, however they seem to be on a world that is alien to them. Ixichish from his vast knowledge of nature is able to tell the whole area that can be seen aside from the mountain, but possibly having once included them, is a extinct Volcanic field. thus explaining why it is a grass land, since Volcanic fields don't support tree growth naturally.

Fun fact for the day, Volcanic field really don't support tree growth at least not intentionally the top soil is to thin for any plant that can have deep roots. however sometimes you will see mountains surrounding a grass land and the mountains have trees, that is because after so many years of erosion, they gained a greater amount of top soil unlike the valley below.
Also i will try to post again today if enough of you post a reply. afterall this post was just explaining what you are seeing in more detail.

kestrel404
2013-09-27, 11:48 AM
Silver

Trusting in his companions to scout, the mage helps where he can in packing and salvaging. It is clear that not much can be recovered from the wreckage, but what is not destroyed outright can be restored by magic, given time.

PowerGamer
2013-09-27, 12:06 PM
Thorn grabs a few extra sets of clothes and chases after the other going to check out the smoke. Upon arrival, he racks his young mind for any useful information, which was usually not his forte.

K.Arcana: [roll0]
K.Religion: [roll1]
K.Nature: [roll2]

Much better rolls than my first ones

"Oo, Oo, Oo!! I know this one... Their those... Dragonborns right? Why don't they seem very, well, nice?" He says, very proud that he recognized something.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-27, 01:35 PM
Oh, dragonborn, whats our assessment of this military force are we fighting, befriending, or avoiding. They may have supplies to fix the ship, but probably not anything to do with planar travel.

Vedhin
2013-09-27, 02:02 PM
"Well, were back on the Material Plane at least," Otem announces after working with Ixickish to get their bearings, "but we seem to be on a different world."

kestrel404
2013-09-27, 02:45 PM
Silver

The intimidating mage looks towards the sentient swarm. "We try diplomacy first. Talking gets us knowledge, which we lack at the moment. Any answers they do not provide answers to, we can bargain for or use divinations to get. And if we must slay them, we will have knowledge of them before the battle."

After his declaration, the human mage's face shifts and grows scaly, as do his hands. His clothes and equipment remains unchanged, but now his race appears to be that of a Dragonborn.

Use Naberiu's disguise self ability. Disguse: [roll0] to look like a dragonborn.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-09-27, 03:17 PM
After seeing Silver shift forms, Ixickish slightly disperses and enters the bodies of his undead, outsider, construct, and some of his fey companions and uses wild shape to turn them into horses which provide enough horses to give 60% of my followers a mount. All my unseely fey followers hide there wings under there clothes while riding the horses ant the other 40% of my followers without horses stay behind to watch the crash sight. Then Ixickish speaks from the mouth of dozens of horses at once and says. I like that idea, it may be smart to take a less threatening form, while confronting this foreign military. After possession of my followers I restore my cha score by using and echoing lesser restoration spell using 4 rebuke undead attempts to add the metamagic.

Debatra
2013-09-27, 04:03 PM
Oristar finds this development unsettling. The usual familiarity and sense of kinship shared between the Chosen was noticeably absent here. The mage sets down the crate in his hands and begins to pray.

Cast Augury (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/augury.htm) (81% success chance)

[roll0]

greenpotato
2013-09-27, 04:54 PM
Ingrid begins to circle 200ft above her companions as they approach the dragonborn, hopefully high enough to go unnoticed but low enough to provide support if things turn hostile.

PowerGamer
2013-09-27, 05:07 PM
Thorn vanishes from sight as he zips down towards the outpost. He scouts out the area trying to be of any use before the rest of the crew arrives.

Move Silently: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]
Search: [roll3]

NICE ROLLS!!!

Jalor
2013-09-28, 12:31 PM
Legion

A spine-covered creature with a wide, toothy mouth comes running to Cho's side. "Good boy", he says, patting the one spot on the Howler's head he could reach without pricking himself. With his other hand he's casting a spell, and the two creatures' forms shift and warp until both appear to be tiny fairies. They take flight and join with the other airborne party members. The cloud of mist sinks into the ground, disappearing from view entirely.

Cho casts Alter Self and shares it with his familiar. Cho takes the form of a Petal (MM3) and Dog takes the form of a Coure Eladrin (BoED). Both are Tiny-sized and unlikely to be recognized by a bunch of soldiers as anything other than a pair of fairies. Their forms have actually changed and neither are disguised as anyone in particular, so they don't have to make Disguise checks.

Legion actually has a good Disguise check, but it's easier to sit in the floor and follow the party's brain signatures around.

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-01, 10:59 AM
as Thorn leaves to tell what is at the Outpost with several of the crew following in toe, Oristar decides it would be best to have knowledge of what may be coming ahead.

his spell Reveals the taking a Peaceful approach is Weal or Good, where as if they engaged in combat it is hard to tell if it is Weal or Woe.

Upon the arrival to the Outpost the crew decide to make preparations for any possible diplomatic encounter. Silver Disguises himself rather well into looking like a Dragonborn.

Thorn is able to Scout out ahead of the group, From what Thorn can see the Outpost is not a Temporary thing made of Tents and small easily destroy able building. it looks like a fort one that would last the ages. walls built to protect its inhabitants, and the gates to the Outpost for now seem to be open allowing free travel in and out. while inside the Outpost Thorn can see several little shops ranging from general goods, to a blacksmith, even and Arcane Enchanter seems to have a place here. The Largest building in the Fort which is connected to the walls has Banners of what appears to be a 10 headed dragon on them.

Knowledge Religion DC 20 to open
The dragon on the banner is clearly IO,but it is not IO normal holy symbol , it is just a Image of Him.

At the Top of this Tower it seem to have a landing platform large enough for a full grown dragon to stand on top of. As the crew nears the Outpost Thorn is able to Inform them of what waits inside.

Intelligence Check DC 16 to open
IT seems strange that a Millitary Outpost is not preparing defense when a large Group of strangers is approaching it. Maybe the Outpost is actually use to such Situations, maybe Caravans Come through regularly.
Spot Check to the Fliers only DC 25 to open if you however get a 40 i will PM with more Details.
You are able to see a Black flying mass off in the distances, what it is you can not say for sure.

When the Crew Finally Arrives to the Outpost, they are Greeted by a Stout and Tall looking Dragonborn, Who Talk to them in Common, Halt for a Second Travelers, I don't recognize you as being with the local Caravans, nor have i seen you before, so I will just offer this bit of Advice, Outpost Portam Idol Ekess Wer Verthichai, or Portam for short, is an open place and peaceful, it is a Gate way to the Dras Home land and as such only Dras and the Fallen, When he says Fallen he give Silver a rather uninviting look Are allowed to enter the Home land. but the rest of Portam is open to you, Enjoy yourselves and please keep all fighting down to a low Roar.

As you enter the Outpost you can it is alive with activity, Dragonborn, or as the Gatekeeper called himself, Dras. Line the outerwall. where as some move about the Interior, with Humans, Dwarves, and the occasional Elf moving around as well. It seem People are friendly enough here Getting Information shouldn't be to hard.

Spot Checks DC 30 to Open
There is one Strange thing you notice inside the Fort however, and that is a Gaint of a Humaniod Standing near the Blacksmith shop. his face is covered, but his size it not as easily concealed his is at Least 6' 7" if not taller. he also seems to carry a Great-sword on his back. and has What looks like Mythril Full Plate on.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-01, 01:33 PM
Trotting through Portam as a horse Ixickish observantly watches the mannerisms of the people he sees. (I imagine that I explore Portam much more quickly because I'm inhabiting 16 different bodies, this may give me a bonus for something)
Religion [roll0]
Int check [roll1]
Spot [roll2]

Additionally I make a gather information check. To do this I have one of my followers I transformed into a horse turn back to a human and I speak though him sense I'm inhabiting him.
Gather information [roll3]

Also my 1st level followers start spreading rumors as if they were a neutral third party. They describe the Dread Pirate Roberts being a horrible criminal, how his ship was luckily not the one that crashed outside of town, and how the people that the ship belongs to actually turned out to be kind honorable fellows. They target commoners, merchants, and innkeepers, but nobody that they assess as being suspicious or an authority figure. They give no personal information about the party or information on where the ship crashed.
Bluff [roll4]

kestrel404
2013-10-01, 01:56 PM
Silver

Striding confidently past the guard, he does not acknowledge the look or the comment about 'the Fallen'. Instead, the Mage/Priest begins looking for signs of a Shring to Io. As he moves, his garb shifts to include the local 'holy symbol' equivalent of Io.

After all, if the Locals were worshippers of the Great World-Dragon, who was his own Patron, then he would show them respect by using their symbols.

Using Disguise Self again to alter my clothing to include the local depiction of Io. I'll roll disguise again if you want, but it's literally just a cosmetic change to my travelling robes.

Attempting to find a Shrine to Io - clasically, there aren't generally churches to Draconic gods. Generally, shrines are left in open areas, with worshipers coming and leaving an offering. Should I find such a shrine, I will leave an offering of 100 gold pieces and then see if I can find a local worshipper or priest who could answer questions.

Knowledge(Religion): [roll0]
Knowledge(Local): [roll1] - Not local to this area, but useful for knowing the general habits of humanoids, Dragonborn included
Spot: [roll2]

PowerGamer
2013-10-01, 02:04 PM
Thorn

Thorn flies about learning as much as he can. He sees the 10 headed dragon on the banner but doesn't recognize it as anything. He'll tell the rest of the crew when he returns. There's also a giant platform that seems like a full grown dragon could land on... That's a bit worrisome

Flying back to the group, Thorn looked up and noticed a giant black spot high in the sky, and a suspicious large man by the black smith

Upon returning to the crew, Thorn says, "There's a bunch of banners with a 10 headed dragon. I'm not to sure what it could be. And that tower could easily hold a grown dragon... I don't mean to worry any of you... but there is a black mass flying this way as well. There's also a suspiciously tall figure by the smithy"

K.Religion: [roll0]
INT: [roll1]
Spot: [roll2] so close to that 40

greenpotato
2013-10-01, 06:26 PM
Confident in her companions ability to retrieve information Ingrid continues to circle above, ready to swoop down to help if trouble should sprout.

[roll0] spot check, looking to get a 40 for that PM.

Jalor
2013-10-01, 09:09 PM
Legion

Once it's established that the settlement is peaceful and its inhabitants speak Common, Legion orders Lucky Cho and his familiar to return to the wreckage of the ship and lead the believers here. Still drifting through the ground and hidden from view, Legion roams between the other members of the group and provides them with tips and information gleaned from the minds of those they interact with.

Spot: [roll0], no Aid Another bonus because Cho still has my psicrystal. Speaking of which, when he reaches the fortress with believers in tow it's the psicrystal who does all the talking. Cho pretends not to speak Common when interacting with strangers.

Five more mantifestations of Read Thoughts should be enough to cover everything the party's doing, considering I can still move while concentrating on it.

Aid Another for Silver's Knowledge(local) auto-succeeds.
Aid Another for Ixicikish's Bluff auto-succeeds.
Aid Another for Ixicikish's Gather Info: [roll1].

Anyone else who does something I can help with, I'll roll for in the OOC thread.

Vedhin
2013-10-02, 08:59 AM
Otem wanders through the town with Krug, carefully asking questions of the people who live there.

Gather Information: [roll0]+2=42
Aid Another from Krug: [roll1]

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-02, 04:31 PM
As the Party wonders around Portam with the fliers still flying above almost looking like a black cloud of crows or other flying bird, they try to find Information wither it be where they are, or where the Dread Pirate may be. Anything was better then what that currently had, which was Nothing. as Ixickish's companions spread rumors around about what Dread Pirate Roberts, Otem and Legion Try to gain information.

Legion is able to gain general information for the minds of many in Portam, such as the name of the world they are on, Meridian, also Names and location of citys that are near by. Such as Beril or Constance, and Hua. However for all Legion's Abilities one mind was Shielding itself from Legion's gaze, how he was not sure.

Otem's abilities and charm prove to be his ally, he learn much about the world they are in and how Technology and Magic go hand in hand. the most important bit of Information is that Airships are a common sight in the world and it is possible to find, and perhaps "Purchase" one. but there was also a Rumor that reached Otem's Ears about another Airship Having a less then smooth landing in the land of the Dras near the Spike.
I quoted Purchase as in to mean you can gain or obtain a new airship fairly easily in this world, what ever route you take to get a new ship is your choice.

Silver was able to Find a Shrine to his lord, it was in the dead center of Portam, as he viewed it, it was clear to him that this Shrine was one of the most Respectable Shrine he had ever seen, The Marble was so finely cut that it seem almost alive with his Lords will. but as his Gaze was diverted for some loud bang came from the Tower. All the crew could hear the sound, it was not Deafening just there. as you all gaze at the Tower you see a Black Tail swing out of view.

Legion Mind reading reveals after this strange event that more then a few Dras are relieved, something about the commander as returned.

For Flyers only.
The Black mass you saw earlier was some sort of Black Reptile. is seemed to have a skull over its face. when it landed on the tower a stair case that was big enough for the creature opened allowing it to go inside the Tower itself.

Flyers can make a Arcana, Nature or Religion( only this if you worship a dragon deity) check of DC 15

the creature was a Black dragon Blacks are some of the most evil and wild of the Chromatic Races. they normal will kill anything on sight, why this one did not you can't say, but you are on guard.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-02, 06:14 PM
Sense I'm inhabiting at least one of my fliers I will likely recognize the reptile after it was spotted by Ingrid. Nature [roll0]

Part of my mind is also on the ground so I give the Legion the message by intentionally failing his mind reading save while I think intently on that subject while near him and he can alert every one else on the ground with his telepathy.

PowerGamer
2013-10-02, 09:16 PM
Thorn

Even now that he's down with the others, he still feels some sense of fear as what seems to be a giant reptile lands and quickly enters the tower. He shivers a little as he tries to remember anything about what the creature might be.

K.Arcana: [roll0]
K.Nature: [roll1]

... wow.. can't even beat a 15...

kestrel404
2013-10-03, 08:54 AM
Silver

Noting the arrival of an enormous black dragon, Silver goes back to his contemplation of the shrine to Io. He lays out his offering and prays for a short while before looking to see who else is present.

There is invariably someone nearby staring at him when he does this - most people stare when they see the man surrounded by whirling deadly blades acting devout.

I'm looking to gather knowledge through RP & interaction rather than rolling dice. If there is no one here, I'll head for a tavern, sit at the bar, and get attention that way.

For reference, the cloud of blades that constantly swirls around me is very good at avoiding contact with people. Anyone who is sufficiently daring to try and grab a blade, and sufficiently skilled to probably succeed, will find out that the blades are actually just a visual spell effect, and are not actually real - until I start using them to shoot people.

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-08, 07:24 PM
you all spend quite a bit of time in the outpost, so much time that the sun is now starting to set. Otem was able to find lodging for the all of the crew, and thanks to his silver tongue it is free for the night. You all are relaxing in the Crooked smile tavern, it is clear from all the information you gathered you have a number of different options available to you.

you can try to find a new airship, which may best be found in a large city, such as Beril to the east or Hua to the south. you may also try to learn more about this other ship that fell in the Dra's homeland, for you are almost certain it is the Dread Pirate Roberts ship. you could even learn more about the black dragon and his tower, and maybe try to slay the beast and plunder it's treasure, all of these thoughts and more come to your minds.

while you all discuss what route is the best to take, you also enjoy yourselves at this tavern, for it seems to be the place where all the folk of the outpost like to gather and unwind.

spot check DC 25
only for those who saw the half-orc from before
the half-orc who was watching the blacksmith, seems to have just ordered a room as well, and will be staying in the same tavern as you all tonight.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-10, 12:11 PM
Spot (auto-success)
My swarm takes shifts in torpor so he is 75% awake through the night, and a portion of swarm will crawl through floor boards and cracks in the wall to peak into others rooms such as that Half-Orc. I can easily attempt to look like natural spiders, but here are some checks for stealth in case they just hate spiders anyways or can tell I'm smart somehow.
Hide [roll0]
Move Silently [roll1]

kestrel404
2013-10-11, 11:54 AM
Silver

The mage priest finally gives up in his attempts to find other devotees to Io at the shrine sight. Instead, he gathers any of his fellow crewmates who wish to join him, and proceeds to the tower where the great black dragon rested.

He knocks politely at the door to that tower, and inquires about the great dragon, and if it is willing to talk to visitors to the outpost.

PowerGamer
2013-10-11, 01:24 PM
Thorn

Thorn follows along with Silver (and who ever else joins). He's ready to sneak in and run out to get the others if help is needed

OOC
Just been busy with school and a bit brain dead. Give me a little bit to recover but I'm still here

Vedhin
2013-10-11, 01:28 PM
Otem goes with Silver to the tower, keeping Krug close at hand.

Debatra
2013-10-11, 10:15 PM
Oristar also follows to the tower, keeping a few paces behind the rest of the group.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-13, 04:47 AM
I will follow as well leaving a small part of me in the air and our rooms at the inn. My followers gather any general information that they can and if not they will find simple short term jobs to earn money to put towards a new ship.

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-15, 10:35 AM
While the group was at the tavern the humaniods in the group decided it may be best to learn more about this dragon that was watching the outpost. while they gathered up their things to have a small investigation in the night, their "ally" the swarm of spiders noticed the Half-Orc from before. The swarm or part of it decides to learn a bit more about this creature, and why he was such an oddity here in this place.

Ixickish travels through the many holes and cracks in the floors and walls of the rooms till he arrives in the Half-Orc's room, there he can see the creature is asleep, rather heavily in fact you are almost annoyed by how loud he snores. but as you look through his things you see very little, but you do notice a few gears and other parts that look like they belong to a airship. you are however not sure give you have little to no knowledge of technology or airship mechanics.

thinking however that your search in is done and the Half-Orc is no threat you decide to follow the Humanoids that you seem to have grow fond of over that last few months. Ixickish arrives to find them beginning to knock of the door of the tower.

Silver being their expert on dragons and dragon based religion, seems to not be worried which put the rest of the crew at easy, with what they are about to do. soon the door opens and a familiar face pops out, it is the dragonborn from before who guarded the gate they entered from. Ah Priest it is good to see you again, I am sorry about before, I did not realize you where a worshiper of our Lord. is there something i can help you with? the Dras states in Draconic as he looks at Silver. in respect Silver also replies in Draconic, and explains why they have come to the tower.

Ah I see well I am sure Commander Paxcul will like to see you. he is almost always willing to see other worshipers of IO. let me check and see! with that the Dras pulls his head back into the tower, and the massive door closes. a few minutes go by and then you all hear a creak as the doors slowly open up to allow you inside. when you enter the tower the doors start to close behind you. and you see it is fairly well lit in the tower. and the young dras is waiting for you in a medium sized hallway. with two doors on either side you down the hall. at the end is a stair case that seems to spiral up.

follow me. the dras states as he motions for you to come up the tower. you all follow and after a few minutes of climbing, and then a couple of minutes following the Dras you arrive to a nicely sized room with a giant red couch. on the Couch is a Black Dragon who is staring at you all.

Welcome, Had i know a Priest of our Father was coming i would have been back sooner to greet you personally. i am Paxcul, and Terrian Here tells me he mistook you for a Fallen, and as such he will be punished accordingly. i don't see how he could have, you smell nothing of Dras. do you Human? it matter little however, you are a servant of IO and thus a honored guest in Portam. along with all your friends. As Paxcul talks Legion can not seem to read this beings mind like the dragonborn, but it is not the same being from earlier who was able to block his mental abilities as well. the Black dragon continues to stare at you all, almost expecting you to have questions, or requests.

kestrel404
2013-10-15, 11:43 AM
Silver

"It is of little consequence - likely he did not recognize the icons of Io I displayed on entering the city. Io is vast and of many countenances, and his priests are equally diverse - the Symbol that is used to represent him matters little, so long as the faith is true, so I have accepted the local icon and wear it proudly. But this bears upon the tale I have come to relate to you, so let me clarify."

Silver is eloquent and intellectual in his speech, describing how their last voyage in their craft was ambushed by the Dread Pirate, and their battle resulted in their crashing not far from this city. He introduces his allies simply, naming each individual and allowing them to show or hide what they truly are. At the end of his tale, he simply states, "We know not where in the vastness of Io's realms we have landed, so we humbly ask for the boon of knowledge, and perhaps aid in tracking the wretched pirate Roberts, who is likely nearby."

OOC: And that is the downside of binding Naberius. Good thing my default writing style is 'too many words'.

PowerGamer
2013-10-15, 06:06 PM
Thorn

Upon being introduced, Thorn drops his invisibility and gives an elegant bow to the dragon as it deserves as a leader and magical beast far greater than himself. Out of respect, Thorn stays visible while Silver explains the group's situation to the black dragon.

Not at as scary as I originally thought... That's a good thing He thinks to himself

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-15, 06:32 PM
the Dragon does seem surprised to hear that you are from a different worldwell now that is interesting you all are from a different world. will I am aware of another Air ship that has crashed near the peak, that is where I was at before I came to the tower here, but the captain did not go by Roberts. she went by Rynn. she looked like Dras but at the same time did not, she was also a worshipper of IO, and given her racial origin was allowed to stay near The Peak so long as her crew did not stay long. with that Paxcul lifted his nose and flicked his tongue out in the air tasting something on the wind it seems. Now tell me what are Dras and Dragons like where you are from?

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-15, 10:46 PM
Ixickish hesitantly ejects a part of himself from his host and assumes a humanoid shaped mass of spiders to properly bow, but says nothing being hopeful and fairly confident that his normal form would not bring up questions being Silvers ally. It does not stop him from seeing the bones of villagers picked clean in reversions to his vile awakening or insectile urges.

Jalor
2013-10-16, 12:53 AM
Legion

Legion followed the others to meet the dragon, remaining hidden in the floor, but just in case it were somehow exposed it shifted its appearance to the form of a lantern archon.

Aid Another for every Knowledge check and use of a conversational skill by a party member during this conversation. All of them auto-succeed. I'm specifically NOT positioning myself underneath the dragon because I don't know if he'll notice the effects of Winter's Chill and don't want to deal with his reaction if he does.

kestrel404
2013-10-16, 10:04 AM
Now tell me what are Dras and Dragons like where you are from?

Silver begins explaining dragons and dragonborn - or dras as they are referred to here - in detail. He will go into detail the theological process necessary for those who worship Bahamut - whom he describes as both an Aspect of Io and a god unto itself - to be reborn as Bahamut's Children, the dragonborn, who are outwardly similar to the local Dras.

He also mentions in passing that he is merely wearing the appearance of the local Dras, to show solidarity and peaceful intent - and that because he is not a worshiper of Bahamut (since that excludes the worship of other aspects of Io) he never underwent the ritual to be reborn.

OOC: I've got enough Knowledge Religion & Arcana to get into fair amounts of detail here, especially since it's one of Silver's areas of specialization (he was very nearly a dragonborn, but a Dragonborn priest of Io is very difficult to justify).

cavalieredraghi
2013-10-28, 09:37 PM
Interesting. these other worlds where Dras are from sound alien, but maybe one day they wouild be worth exploring. Now I recommend you that as long as you stay in Portam, you remain peaceful. Now if unless you have any other business you may return to the tavern. also a small number of you may join me for breakfast tomorrow if you so choose.

By small number I mean the PCs no companions, followers, or crew. You can keep talking to Paxcul, ask him questions or what have you the rest is once you are done with Paxcul.

You all are escorted back out the tower, the same way you came, many of the Dras however upon your leaving, stare at you, for they have heard the rumors that you are from a different world. As you leave the tower it is nice a quiet. you return to the tavern with no trouble. and you all settle into bed or webs peacefully. as the morning sun raises you all feel like you can tackle the day and any adversity you face.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-10-28, 10:18 PM
Ixickish wants to further explore the spirit world sense he has no need for breakfast and he will gather information from fellow ghosts. Gather Information: [roll0]

PowerGamer
2013-10-28, 10:28 PM
Thorn

Thorn wakes with the sun and pandiculates. These beds made for humans are always quite spacious and comfortable for smaller folk like himself. He dresses in some of the most presentable clothes that he was able to scavenge from the airship for one must dress to impress when with a dragon. He then flutters out into the hall and sits down at the bar waiting for the rest of his companions to come down before heading out for breakfast.

kestrel404
2013-10-29, 09:46 AM
Silver

Silver talks with Praxcul for a bit longer, asking about the local beliefs about Io, the names of local priests, and whether there are local libraries available.

Before the end of the day, he attempts to get his hands on (literally, just that) a book of local history. He then casts Mnemonic Enhancer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/mnemonicEnhancer.htm) to gain three levels of spells, which he uses for Mechanus Mind (Planar Handbook p101) and Scholar's Touch (Races of Destiny p167). He casts those as well, and assimilates the resulting information from the history book into his own mind.

And that gives me in-game justification to use my Knowledge(Local) skill ranks, and the Knowledge(History) checks that Naberius lets me make untrained.

In the morning, Silver goes through his usual ritual of preparation and spellcasting - gathering as much of the crew together as possible at the end for those group spells he can apply to everyone.

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-12, 05:47 PM
As you all finish your morning rituals and get ready to tackle the day, you can hear shouting, yelling, crashing, banging, and the occasional explosion outside. It sounds like so battle is accruing and they forgot to invite you into the affair. You all hurry outside to see what is going on, and before your eyes there seems to be Bandit, Marauders, so sort of bad group of people killing the innocent and taking prisoners. there appears to be several dozen of them and they are well armed and trained.

None of you are surprised how they got here, for over head you notice 5 giant Dreadnought Class airships floating, silently. there appear to be Ropes connecting all the air ships to the ground. None of the marauders seem to have noticed you yet, and the Dras are putting up a good fight against these evildoers, but they may not be able to hold out. you can see Paxcul flying trying to destroy one of the airships. it is now up to you all to decide what to do: Join the fray taking a side with either the Dras or Muaraders, Sneak away from the battle and leave the Dras to their fate, or Try and steal an Airship floating in the sky.

kestrel404
2013-11-12, 08:18 PM
Silver looks up at the Dreadnoughts and grins. "Well, looks like someone brought us a ride. Wasn't that nice of them? I can bring three with me when I teleport. If you cannot fly, come with me. I'll be hitting the one on the far side from Paxcul."

Silver gives the others a few seconds to prepare, and while he waits he casts haste on the others (10 targets, he doesn't need it, will last 9 rounds after the teleport).

Initiative: [roll0]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-11-13, 02:54 PM
I'll be a target of the haste though don't need teleportation. I tell my followers to evacuate the town and wait outside the battle zone to be picked up (all of my followers can fly 30ft. (good) or can be carried by a follower that flies better (all of my followers being possessed are freed and turn from horses to there normal form if I have not changed them back already)). Ixickish will cast a quickened longstride echo and fly at 500 ft. per round by using a full round action to move toward the airship ethereally so Ixickish is undetectable by creatures on the material plane. If Ixickish or an ally are met with resistance that is nearby it will solidify to harm the attackers as it flies past and if not it will make the same attack against the opposing forces still inside the airship when it arrives there. If and when I attack I sweep a 48000 cu. ft. area dealing [roll0] damage I have a DC 47 poison effect that deals [roll1] str damage initial and secondary damage and a DC 47 save to avoid nausea for one round both are Fort saves. After the first round of moving where Ixickish cast longstride it will cast an offensive ranged spell if there are many targets in range. I will cast a quickened chained twin ghost touch thorn spray echo which deals [roll2] damage and sickens for [roll3] rounds to 12 targets within 175 ft. that are at least 60 ft. apart and then it deals [roll4] damage and sickens for [roll5] rounds to 12 targets within 30 ft. of each of the original 12 targets each target makes 2 DC 24 fort saves each successful save reduces damage by a quarter and the rounds of being sickened by a half. If there are not enough targets for the spell to be used to it's full effect then let me know and I can do some math to concentrate the damage onto fewer targets. I have divine metamagic and enough turning to add all of those metamagic feats at least 3 times. EDIT: Sorry cavalieradraghi I forgot initiative so if it's acceptable I will take 10 on my roll giving me 23.

PowerGamer
2013-11-13, 04:11 PM
Thorn

Looks around and then up. If his allies are going to take a ship, why shouldn't he. He calls upon the wind spirit to protect him as he fades from view, speeding towards the 2nd ship from the end.

To the group he says telepathically, "I'll take care of the crew on the next ship and then raise them to use the ship to take down another."

Greater Invisibility, entropic warding on self
Flying up at towards the 2nd furthest ship from the dragon. (not sure how high the ships are. should reach next round at the latest).

Plan: kill the captain and crew, the use "The Dead Walk" to get a skeleton crew to fly the ship under my command

greenpotato
2013-11-15, 03:50 AM
"I'll take the third.."

Standard Action: 9PP Arcane Fusion: (Schism and Synchronicity) Linked to a 1pp Force Screen

Move Action: Regain Focus

Sychronicity Action: 9PP Arcane Fusion: (Dimension Door and Synchronicity)
Dimension dooring up to 800ft, trying to get 200ft directly above the 3rd airship.

Sychronicity Action: 9PP Arcane Fusion: (Metamorphosis and Synchronicity)
Metamorphing into a Sunwyrm and using metamorphic transfer feat to take it's Energy Form (Su)

Sychronicity Action: Chaotic Surge 10pp Empowered Twinned 8pp Energy Missile Linked to a 1pp Synchronicity "Manifest Minor Creation"
Blasting 5 targets that I can see, if none are available then I'll target the ship itself
on a 1 I'm dazed [roll0] Edit: Of course :smallyuk:
[roll1] for chaotic surge
if it's a 1: [roll2]*1.5+14 = 48 fire damage DC 22 reflex half and a twinned copy dealing the same damage DC 22 reflex half

(if I'm shooting the ship I'll use sonic instead to bypass hardness so subtract 8 from each hit instead of adding 8)

PP 184/222

kestrel404
2013-11-15, 07:51 AM
Silver

Shrugging as no one seems to want to come with him, Silver refreshes his minor shapeshift and casts his spell of teleport. (I've not a 94% chance of ending up on the ship, since I can see it. Roll below)

Upon arrival, he uses a flurry of rapid actions. He first drops his bag of holding on the deck, and commands the two strongest undead within to come out and guard him. After exiting the bag, they ready actions to charge anyone who looks like they're threatening Silver, either by coming to attack or casting spells.

Next, his arcane sight instantly reveals every magical aura on the ship to him,and he rapidly analyzes them to determine which present threats.

A moment's thought is used to consult his Dark Knowledge, determining the strength of his enemies and learning their weaknesses and vital points.

Another instant's attention looses one of the numerous blades that constantly circle him, targeting whoever is closest. The shadow-dripping blade pierces, then enwraps and entangles the target in shadowed tendrils, both slowing movement and draining life energy.

Finally, Silver himself readies his deadliest spell to target whoever he deems to be most threatening the instant they act.

So, two actions after the haste spell - swift action:Minor Shapeshift gives Silver 10 temp HP. Then full round to teleport, arriving on the middle of the upper deck at the start of his next initiative unless this roll is 95+%: [roll0]

Next, a pair of skeletal Ruin Chanters float free of the dropped bag, then ready their actions. Anyone who attempts to target me with a spell, or who charges or moves past them to me is charged by the skeletons (40 ft perfect fly): Attack with Longspear (reach) at +22 for 1d8+10, then the second skeleton will hit the next guy.

Then, I focus on my arcane sight (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/arcaneSight.htm) as a free action. Spellcraft: [roll1]

Then, I use Dark Knowledge - Tactics as a move action, choosing the race of the biggest threat. [roll2] - that roll is probably higher, depending on the creature type involved. +11 is the lowest bonus among my knowledge skills.

Then cloud of knives, which has been enhanced with Bracers of Entanglement, Hellcat Gauntlets and Fell Drain, so that a hit by one of the knives entangles the target for [roll3] rounds on a hit, dealing [roll4] on a hit and reach of those rounds, and causing a negative level each time it deals damage, including the initial hit. Attack roll against the nearest creature: [roll5]

Finally: I ready an action to cast Fell (http://dndtools.eu/feats/libris-mortis-the-book-of-the-dead--71/fell-drain--1103/) Spores of the Vrock (http://dndtools.eu/spells/book-of-vile-darkness--37/spores-of-the-vrock--144/) against whatever appears to be the most dangerous, or if that guy is an undead (Knowledge (Religion) at +16 and Arcane Sight means I can tell at a glance), I use Control Undead instead.

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-16, 04:39 PM
Ixichish: As you spread out over the battle field you decide to help the Dras in the attack against these marauders. your bites are potent and may are already showing signs of sickness. they're attacks seem to be weaker against the Dras now too, with your Help the Dras just may win with battle.

also as you fly over the ships you see some strong captains onboard, so you decide they will be victims of you fangs at well. now of them seems to be able to over come you venom as the begin to puke on board your soon be ship how disrespectful.

The Enemies Round the three captains that have been effect by Ixicish are Nuaseated thus they can do nothing but move. they don't move.

Ingrid: you open a door link you from the ground to one of the ships above, you see 5 mooks along with a cloaked monk, the monk is however puking and so you don't target him as a immediate threat. you annihilated the 5 mooks standing before you almost relish in the burning of their corpses.

Debatra as soon as you arrive aboard one of the ships with silver you with out hesitation blast the closes enemy with magic missile. he crumples over is a heap of armor and flesh.

Silver: you see an oppurtiny for some profit and decide to tackle a ship by yourself as well, you teleport on to the one furthest away from Paxcul. you take caution over offense, and unleash 2 skeletal minions of your own. before you are 5 mooks and a cloaked figure vomiting.

Thorn: you don't want to miss any of the action either, but you decide stleath is the best plan here. so you cast an invisibility spell over yourself and fly to the center ship. no one notices your presents, and you can see 5 mooks surrounding what looks to be a pirate, who is also vomiting.
you recognize the pirate to be Dread Pirate Michele scrounge of the sea and sky. all the stories you have heard tell you over her underhanded way, and ruthless ways.

Round Order:
1st Dr. O with 23
2nd Enemies with 22
3rd Green Potatoe with 19
4th Debatra with 15
5th silver with 11
6th Thorn with 10
Ingrid the Made Inti
[roll0]
thorn Inti
[roll1]

Fulton Fort save
[roll6]
michele fort save
[roll7]
jeffory fort save
[roll8]

Dr.Orpheus
2013-11-16, 05:53 PM
While swarming the captains Ixickish will rain thorns on bandits either on the ground or in another ship, but it won't quicken the spell. Part of Ixickish will remove healing potions and any useful items off of the captains while they are nauseated and can't keep me from taking anything that they are not already holding.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-11-16, 05:54 PM
While continuing to swarm the captains Ixickish will rain thorns on bandits either on the ground or in another ship, but it won't quicken the spell. Part of Ixickish will remove healing potions and any useful items off of the captains while they are nauseated and can't keep me from taking anything that they are not already holding.

PowerGamer
2013-11-16, 08:22 PM
THORN

Thorn notices the captain surrounded by a few crew members. Fools, you've doomed yourselves by standing so close he thinks to himself. He charges up the dark energies inside of him and releases a volley at Michelle.

3 Eldrich Blasts with chain shape applied targeting 2 crew members each blast

Blast 1
Attack v Touch AC:
Caster v SR: [roll1]
Damage: [roll]5d10+2d6
Damage is halved for 2nd target
Damage is halved again for 3rd target

Blast 2
Attack v Touch AC:
Caster v SR: [roll3]

Blast 3 (eldritch volley)
Attack v Touch AC:
Caster v SR: [roll5]

Debatra
2013-11-21, 06:26 PM
Oristar waits for Silver's initiative and teleports with him, then casts a Magic Missile, targeting each of the Mooks.

cavalieredraghi
2013-11-21, 07:46 PM
Ixichish: Your venom is still potent, you can even see that tides are really turning for the dras, already a few of the pirates have fallen. along with you magic your cunning is still showing as you are able to take off the monk a few potions of cure moderate wounds. ( 4 in fact) and from the captain you see a wand of Greater dispel magic. but you where not able to take the ring of true seeing form her, and you missed a potion of mage armor, and nothing was found on the Cloaked figure.

Captain Michele Michele, takes her time getting back up, not thinking she is in danger yet. but for security and from experience downs a potion of mage armor. and activates her ring of true seeing. She then seems to shout," JUST GIVE US GURK AND WE WILL LEAVE IN PEACE!"

Cloaked Monk The Monk is quick to his feet, and is clearly on the move against. Ingrid, as soon as he arises he moves his hand, and a wave of ice and Cold wind, split across to Ingrid. enveloping her in it.

Cloaked Figure many of the mooks rush Silver and Oristar, but the Skeletal minions are too quick and intercede them, killing the mooks on sight. The Cloaked figure rises, and suddenly seems to grab a scythe out of thin air, and bangs it on the deck of the boat. as soon as he does this 5 more enemies emerge from below deck. When they arrive the Cloaked Figure just disappears.

Ingrid: will wait on Green Potato

Silver: Silver wanting to have targeted the Cloaked figure is not fooled by a simple invisibility spell and launches his spell at him anyway. The figure seems shocked by this ability to discern his location.

Oristar: Oristar spell is launched at the cloaked figure, but it misses it target, along with missing the other fighters who just arrived.

Thorn: as soon as the Captain is able to activate her ring, Thorn is on the move casting Eldritch Blasts like no tomorrow, where two would have hit her, even in a chained attack they seem to fizzle around her armor. (SR 23 just barely missed it) however her crew was not so lucky, they drop like dead weighted plate on a table.

Round Order:
1st Dr. O with 23
2nd Enemies with 22
3rd Green Potatoe with 19
4th Debatra with 15
5th silver with 11
6th Thorn with 10

silver's skeleton minions attacks, and damage
1st [roll0]
2nd [roll1]

1st [roll2]
2nd[roll3]
Fort Save by Enemy Pirates Ground enemies.

Fighters

[roll4]

Rogues
[roll5]

Rangers

[roll6]

cloaked figure Move silent check. if Silver and Oristar wish please preform a listen check.

[roll7]

captain Michele

Use potion mage armor.

Monk

Winter Blast
DC Reflex 28 for half damage

[roll8]

PowerGamer
2013-11-22, 02:50 AM
THORN

Thorn grumbles a little at his failed attempt. He watches as the woman stands. He prepares to fire another volley at her when she speaks. He suppresses the energy within himself and into her mind asks, "Who is Gurk? Your crew is attacking this town that has shown us hospitality. Call off this attack and we might talk under kinder circumstances

Diplomacy... Not my thing: [roll0]

Prepared action if she does anything hostile towards the citizens, allies, or me
--then--
Fire full volley again

Blast 1
Attack v Touch AC: [roll1]
Caster v SR: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3] + [roll4]

Blast 2
Attack v Touch AC: [roll5]
Caster v SR: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8]

Blast 3 (volley)
Attack v Touch AC: [roll9]
Caster v SR: [roll10]
Damage: [roll11] + [roll12]

Debatra
2013-11-22, 02:06 PM
Oristar casts Arcane Fusion, starting with a Detect Magic (which like Silver's Arcane Sight, allows me to properly aim at the Cloaked figure) and following up with Chain (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-arcane--55/chain-spell--314/) Arcane Turmoil (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-mage--58/arcane-turmoil--761/). The cloaked figure is the primary target, with up to 11 non-allied creatures as secondaries (priority on non-Mooks).

[roll0]
Will DC 20/16

If you want me to roll seperate caster level checks for each creature, let me know.

cavalieredraghi
2013-12-05, 10:54 AM
your diplomancy worked and she is no longer hostile towards Thorn. the captain is willing to talk to thorn but she is still unfriendly towards him so she will try to deceive him.
Captain Michele: Gurk is the First mate of that Bitch Rynn, Captain of the Naughty Dragon. i have a score to settle with her, and no one is getting in my way to achieve my revenge.

by this time a pirate comes crashing from one of the windows from the tavern you were staying at, he was clearly throw and the half-orc from yesterday is standing by the window, foaming at the mouth.

Michele's voices seems to be given extra umph now, as she shouts, That is him men, in the tavern, get him!!!!!!

all of the pirates on the ground that can get away safely from the Dras do and move towards the tavern.

Cloaked monk: he does not stop his assault on Ingrid, has he continues to blast her with cold winds and ice, but in the wind there are 5 magic missiles also hitting. he had quicken a magic missile to attack Ingrid, while still casting his Winter blast.

Cloaked Figure: the figure can feel his invisibility disappear after Oristar's magic was caste. upon being visible once more, the figure transforms. the flesh from his face and hands seem to melt away. leaving only clean white bone left. his skull and face disappear, leaving only blackness and the void inside his hood. you no longer see a cloaked figure before you but Death himself. as you look at him he seem to be disappearing and then reappearing at random points in time.
The figure moves to the two conjured undead and swings his scythe at the closes one.

Will save Cloaked figure
[roll0]

uses Reaper Form, Debatra and Kestrel Please make a Will Save DC 20 if failed you must act as if subject to a Cause Fear (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Cause_fear) spell. if you succeed no negative need apply not even the shaken effect.

Also he is now Subject to a permanent Blink Spell (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Blink) While in Reaper Form, but since you can seen Invisible Targets your miss chance on all spells and attacks is just 20% rather then 50%. he also now has a +2 on all attack roll but is also subject to a 20% miss chance on all attacks.
Attack on the First Skeleton [roll1]
Attack 2 [roll2]

damage 1 [roll3] [roll4]
damage 2 [roll5] [roll6]

Attack 1 [roll7]
Attack 2 [roll8]

damage 1 [roll9] [roll10]
damage 2 [roll11] [roll12]

again cleave if that skeleton goes down this attack toward Silver

Attack 1 [roll13]
Attack 2 [roll14]

Damage 1 [roll15] [roll16]
Damage 2 [roll17] [roll18]
cloaked monk

winter blast [roll19] DC 28 relfex for half damage
magic missle [roll20]

kestrel404
2013-12-05, 11:43 AM
Silver

Seeing that there is only one challenger of note left on the ship, Silver silently commands his skeletons to aid him in dealing with it. One skeleton makes a strike before moving back to guard Silver's flank, while the other circles around behind the man, to strike from his blind spot.

While this concerted attack is happening, Silver himself takes a step forward to engage the man directly. Unlike most spellcasters, Silver is most dangerous up close.

Foregoing any spells, Silver merely calls forth his sword-like construct - the Blade of Fear and Pain, a blade-thin portal into the very depths of the abyss, with a cutting edge and a thirst for blood. His own version of this spell has been tainted by the black energies that make up part of his title, giving it the cold kiss of negative energy, and further twisted by his magical bangles to cause its energies to writhe around anything it strikes.

This fearsome and potent combination of effects comes together to strike at Silver's enemy repeatedly and without mercy - and at the same time calling up the second magical effect on the blade. Woven into the magic that surrounds the weapon is a potent illusion that attempts to decieve and cloud the mind of any who are even attacked.

Finally, as though in afterthought, one of the innumerable flashing black blades that surround Silver moves from the cloud to pierce the black clad figure.

Skeleton A: 138/170 HP
Attack: [roll0] vs AC, for [roll1] damage with spear. Miss chance: [roll2] Miss on 1-10
Then move 15' back and to the side. This provokes an AoO.
Skeleton B: 170/170 HP
Move to flank cloaked figure with Silver.
Attack: [roll3] vs AC, for [roll4] damage with spear. Miss chance: [roll5] Miss on 1-10

Silver take 5' step into Skeleton A's previous position and flanks cloaked figure with Skeleton B.
Attacks with Blade of Fear and Pain:
Touch attack: [roll6] for [roll7] damage plus other (see below), miss chance: [roll8] Miss on 1-4
Touch attack: [roll9] for [roll10] damage plus other (see below), miss chance: [roll11] Miss on 1-4
Touch attack: [roll12] for [roll13] damage plus other (see below), miss chance: [roll14] Miss on 1-4

Attack from Bladeweave spell (Free action, unaffected by miss chance since it's delivered to the target's senses and doesn't have to physically 'hit')
Touch attack: [roll15], on a hit the target must make a DC 18 will save or be dazed for 1 round

Attack from Cloud of Knives (Free action)
Attack Vs AC: [roll16] for [roll17] damage plus other (see below), miss chance: [roll18] Miss on 1-4

'Other' effects:
Each attack that is not the Bladeweave spell which hits delivers the following effects (they are cumulative and stack, though the 'entangle' effect only applies once and their durations are tracked seperately rather than cumulatively):
1 Negative level (unless he's immune or undead).
Target is entangled for 1d3 rounds [roll19]
-Each round the target is entangled, they take 2 untyped magical damage and 1 Negative level, per entangle effect.

Each Blade of Fear and Pain hit also requires the target to make a DC 18 will save or be affected as 'Cause Fear'.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-12-05, 09:27 PM
For the remaining hostiles the swarm damage on this round is [roll0] and [roll1] str damage from poison the save as before is DC 47 fort which is made for the nausea and poison.

PowerGamer
2013-12-06, 12:32 PM
THORN

The pixie is still uneasy about this Michelle character. "Who are Gurk and Rynn? Who names their ship the Naughty Dragon? What sort of history do these people all have?..." He thinks to himself.

"Call off the rest of the men you don't need and please fly your ships out of the city. Enough damage has been caused for one day." he says crossing his fingers that she heeds his advice.

Same as before. Suspicious or violent actions from her blahblahblah

Blast 1
Attack v Touch AC: [roll0]
Caster v SR: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3]

Blast 2
Attack v Touch AC: [roll4]
Caster v SR: [roll5]
Damage: [roll6] + [roll7]

Blast 3 (volley)
Attack v Touch AC: [roll8]
Caster v SR: [roll9]
Damage: [roll10] + [roll11]

cavalieredraghi
2013-12-07, 11:51 AM
Captain Michele: Get me Gurk and i will do as you ask? only then will i stop this assault! as she says this you can hear banging and shouting coming from the tavern, suddenly the main door blasts apart as another pirate is through through it. the half-orc steps from the doorway and you can see him draw his sword. he is still clearly foaming at the mouth.

you bastards are leaving fine! useless mercenaries. the captain yells, as she see what the Monk and Cloaked figure do.

Monk: he sees over to what is happening to the cloaked figure, and suddenly he opens a dimensional door and disappears from sight. dimension door (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Dimension_Door) DC 28 Will save for the swarm or part of you goes with the monk

Cloaked Figure: Silver and Oristar can hear the being of Death is breathing heavily and seems to be coughing up blood, it is clear he can not move from his entanglements, but is not yet dead when suddenly he disappears. but before he leaves Silver hears. This is not over yet necromancer!
part of you joins the cloaked figure in the Ethereal realm, but you see that he is not hostile, rather he is trying to get away. he also can tell you are with him and he tells you. worry not about me arachnid for your true enemy is the captain. she will try to betray you if you join her.

to cover confusion his Ethereal Jaunt was not a spell that is why he did not make a Concentration check. it was a class feature.

Dr.Orpheus
2013-12-07, 12:30 PM
I will allow 5 ft. cube of Ixickish (technically sending an 8th of a 6th level follower) to go with the monk causing me to reduce my max HP by 3 temporarily until, and that portion of swarm dies and the main swarm can be healed that 3 HP again. I respond to the cloaked figure "I will be prepared if betrayed". I then stretch my remaining form to be in the ship and also reaching through the bottom of the boat to get a good look at the inn where Gurk is.

@V: I will keep part of myself in that ship to relay information if the ship moves far enough away I will break off a 5 ft. portion again and leave the rest around the captain and the inn.

kestrel404
2013-12-07, 12:33 PM
Silver

Silver raises his eyebrow at his enemy's retreat. In another moment, his death would have been assured, so he was wise to leave. Speaking to the swarm of bugs around him, he says, "I will secure this ship, and fly it to the docks of this city. If one of the others gets in trouble, notify me."

Silver casts a spell of Silent Image on the ship's flag, turning it into his a picture of his own Holy Symbol.

PowerGamer
2013-12-07, 01:23 PM
Thorn

The pixie looks down at the half-orc and then looks back to the captain. "Fine. Wait here. If you do anything that my friend don't like, well... you'll see" he says to her before turning invisible again and zipping down to get the half-orc.

full round spent flying down. Assuming I'll be in range next round maybe

cavalieredraghi
2013-12-18, 12:14 PM
BOOM!!!!!!

By this time you can see one of the air ships starting to explode and descend toward the mountains that have been beyond your reach. that ship was the one being attacked by Paxcul, as you look for him you see him already moving to the next one, the one with Captain Michele on board.

Captain Michele: Captain Michele Sees the Pixie disappear giving her a moment to breath or so she thought. as she looks around she can see the dragon heading for her ship. OH no you don't you .... is the last thing Thorn can hear as he descends down. when you look up you can see Captian Michele heading directly toward Paxcul as i she is going to ram him.

Gurk: Gurk doesn'tsees the pixie land next to him, but soon after the pixie has landed he cuts one of the pirates clean in half, and seems to move on to the next and the next and the next till 10 are pirates lay dead on the ground. Gurk is now a good 60 feet away from Thorn again. gurk just mighty cleaved 10 pirates his basic attack to hit is 34 before his rage additions so he was auto hitting them. from the damage inflicted on them already by Ixickish his base damage kills them off easly those why no rolls ok. if this is not acceptable i will roll all attacks and damages in ooc.

PowerGamer
2013-12-18, 08:21 PM
THORN

The pixie watches as 10 men are slaughtered in front of him. His dark side kind of chuckles a little. He flies towards the half-orc and stops about 10 ft over his head. Staying invisible he says, "Excuse me, are you Gurk?" He hovers defensively expecting the worst.

positioned 10 ft over Gurk's head
Total defense

cavalieredraghi
2013-12-20, 11:23 AM
Silver and Oristar are able to remove the remaining rabble fairly quickly. to maintain altitude some one needs to pass a 15 DC check of Airship engineering or piloting. but as you watch the battle going on around you, you can see Captain Michele is having a hard time fighting of Paxcul, and most of the ground based pirates seem to be dead or near death. things are not going well for the pirates now.

part of Ixickish that followed the sorcerer monk can tell that the swarm has been teleported to some sort of Cave. it is dark and there is a small fire that the monk has started. he is just sitting there playing with the fire. if you don't want him to know you are there you can preform a Hide check. give that you are so small and still on him you can preform a move silently as well to get off him with out him knowing.

As Thorn asked his question to the half-orc, the creature was bent over almost in a feral animal type of stance. however after the pixie spoke the figure straights his back, cracks his neck and wipes his hand over his face removing foam at his mouth. Thorn can see him look around for a second to determine where the voice came from. you then can hear him speak, I will only talk to those who are visible to me, show yourself or i will keep fighting these pirates.

kestrel404
2013-12-20, 11:32 AM
Silver casts Mnemonic Enhancer to get three castings of the Wieldskill spell, then uses one of those to gain an effective 10 ranks in airship piloting for the next twelve minutes.

He sends his skeletons and whatever crew survives and is willing to follow his commands in return for not being slaughtered to man the rigging, while he takes the helm to pilot the craft towards the docks.

It takes 1 minute for Mnemonic Enhancer, then 1 round for wieldskill, then I can pilot the ship.

Pilot roll: [roll0] (Assuming Pilot is dex or wisdom based, otherwise +16 for int)

PowerGamer
2013-12-20, 03:02 PM
you then can hear him speak, I will only talk to those who are visible to me, show yourself or i will keep fighting these pirates.

Thorn shivers a little before he phases back into the half-orcs vision. "The name is Thorn. I speak as a neutral party. We don't need to fight anymore. Come with me."

let me know if I need to make any rolls.

OOC
Why am I the one doing the diplomacy here...

Dr.Orpheus
2013-12-20, 05:46 PM
In the cave: I am incorporeal (Do not need to solidify cause I'm not attacking) and have magical flight. So I don't think I will need to make a move silently check, but my hide is [roll0].

With Gurk: I'll make a diplomacy check for Thorn and will back him up with evidence I gathered being elsewhere when he speaks with Gurk [roll1].

Elsewhere: I finish of remaining pirates.

cavalieredraghi
2013-12-23, 12:45 PM
With out any questions Gurk Agrees to follow Thorn to captain Michele. before Ixickish chimed in Gurk looked like he was just going to keep moving forward with the kill the remaining pirates plan, so he looks to Thorn and says, what your friend is very persuasive. as you are making your way to Captian Michele's ship you realize it may not be best given that a black dragon is crawling all over the hull of the ship. till you finally see an explosion and the captain's ship follow a course that would crash her into the side of one of the mountains of the Dras homeland. with that all but the ships you have captured seem to retreat towards the grassy plains from where your crash was.

Gurk grunts and and smile states. Looks like we don't have to worry about Michele anymore eh?

Silver is able to easily maintain altitude of the airship, and even though he can't find the docks, he decides to moor the ship to the Dras tower. he also has his crew change the flag so as Paxcul won't attack them. Paxcul lands on top of the tower next to the ship to converse with Silver, You and your friends did very well, you changed the tide of the battle. feel free to stay as long as you like. I will have Dras find and capture any remain enemies so as we can find out why they attacked.

Ixickish is waiting in the cave with the Monk and is still not yet seen, when through the ethereal he can spy the Cloaked figure. he phased back to the material. About time you showed up? well that battle didn't seem to go well for you.

oh shut up Jeffory we were not prepared for what Michele hired us for, and now I have a target that needs slaying. no one disturbs the balance of life and death!

Fulton, You grim reapers are almost as bad as paladins don't you think you need to turn it down. but if you are ready we can leave now or rest your choice.

we will rest for now. I could use some sleep. tomorrow we will travel to the floating city.

the two seem to relax for as the prepare for the night. you can roll any secondary poison effects if you wish.

spot
[roll0]

PowerGamer
2013-12-23, 11:35 PM
Thorn

Thorn pauses for a moment unsure of where to go. He decides to head back to the dragon's tower, He'll know what to do with this guy.. I hope. He thinks to himself. "This way," he says motioning to Gurk, hoping that the half-orc will still follow him.

OOC
Moving to the dragon's tower. Lets try and get the group back together.

kestrel404
2013-12-24, 01:45 AM
Silver

The spellcaster bows respectfully to the dragon. "Thank you, Lord Paxcul. Now that we have a ship, we will likely only need to get our bearings before we are on our way. If my companions manage to capture more than one ship, we will probably be leaving them behind - we don't have enough crew to man a fleet. For now, I will need to confer with my allies on our next step."

Dr.Orpheus
2013-12-26, 01:02 AM
Ixickish will meet with the group to inform them that he vaguely knows where captain Michele's allies are and could allow us to teleport to them if someone else casts the teleport spell.

cavalieredraghi
2014-01-18, 11:11 AM
Paxcul tips his head in a bow as well toward Silver, I understand, and if you and your allies wish I may know of a crypt that would interest you all. you simply need ask. With that Paxcul delves farther into the the tower, you can hear his booming voice giving orders to the Dras, about hunting down any other surviving pirates.

Thorn mean while makes his way to the Tower with Gurk in toe, when he enters the grand hall he meets up with Silver and most of Ixickish. here they can discuss any possible new plans.