PDA

View Full Version : Character Help

Mercy4Hire
2013-09-25, 01:16 PM
Hello Again,

Well I am retireing my DrN/Archv and am creating a new character at level 1 but can apply templates:

I am thinking of applying the Half-Fey template which pushes me to a +2 LA but for class i was thinking:

Favored Soul (Complete Divine)
Warlock (Complete Arcane)
Soulborn (Magic of Incarnum)
Wilder (Expanded Psionics Handbook)

Any help would be appreicated in ensuring she survives...

My goal is to make her a highly attractive/sexual being and being able to defend herself from the other party members who have gotten the idea of "forced" into their minds.

Deca4531
2013-09-25, 01:25 PM
I love templates. have you looked into Unseeliefey (http://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/templates/unseeliefey.shtml) from the Dragon Mags?

Mercy4Hire
2013-09-25, 01:27 PM
I ahve not looked into it, but i will very shortly.

John Longarrow
2013-09-25, 01:35 PM
Charm person at will generally avoids problem regarding in-party violence.

Finding another group works better if raping a party member is OK for RP reasons.

Kuulvheysoon
2013-09-25, 01:39 PM
For the love of all that is good and holy, please remove Soulborn from your list of possibilities.

Please.

If you really want to play as an incarnum class, Incarnates can be better at melee combat that Soulborns. Really.

HalfQuart
2013-09-25, 05:08 PM
You've probably already thought of this, but putting +2 LA on a spellcaster/manifester, especially one with a slower progression like the Favored Soul and Wilder, means that your highest level spells known will be 1 or 2 below the non-LA Wizard/Psion crowd for pretty much your entire career (unless of course you're starting at really high level). Good race synergy can offset this somewhat, but I think it's a pretty big problem for a primary caster.

Mercy4Hire
2013-09-25, 05:52 PM
Well ok I know I would be at a disadvantage for any kind of caster builds so does anyone have any ideas on a class that would fit a Male Half-Fey who will most likely be a seduction artist? Got word from the DM that I can make him a male to mitigate the "Forced" condition haha. And yeah one of the players is trying to make a Bargest and was like its ognna happen...so yeah. Unless I can use feats to get me Fey abililites like charm person and stuff that doesn't take away from me.

SciChronic
2013-09-25, 06:14 PM
We'll need some better information about any houserules, or variant rules (i.e.: LA buyoff). Second, what is it exactly that you want to do with that character? Other than being attractive, and able to defend herself, you haven't really told us much. Finally, how well optimized do you want it?

Mercy4Hire
2013-09-25, 07:14 PM
The Character Traits are:
Abrasive, Absent-minded, Aggressive, Brawler, Cautious, Detached, Dishonest, Distinctive, Easygoing, Farsighted, Focused, Hard of Hearing, Hardy, Honest, Illiterate, Inattentive, Musclebound, Nearsighted, Nightsighted, Passionate, Plucky, Polite, Quick, Reckless, Relentless, Saddleborn, Skinny, Slippery, Slow, Specialized, Spellgifted, Stout, Suspicious, Torpid, and Uncivilized.

‡ Character Flaws, Unearthed Arcana, page 92).
For now I am allowing the Character Flaws into the game, as found on page 92 of the Unearth Arcana. From the book:
Flaws are like the flip side of feats. Whereas a feat enables a character to be better than normal at performing a task (or even to do something that normal characters can't), a flaw restricts a character's capabilities or imposes a penalty of some sort.
A player may select up to two flaws when creating a character. After 1st level, a character cannot take on additional flaws unless the DM specifically allows it. Each flaw a player selects entitles his character to a bonus feat.
Unlike traits, flaws are entirely negative in their impact on a character. The Character Flaws are:
Feeble, Frail, Inattentive, Meager Fortitude, Murky-Eyed, Noncombatant, Pathetic, Poor Reflexes, Shaky, Slow, Unreactive, Vulnerable, and Weak Will.

‡ Prestige Classes: Prestige classes will be discovered in game. At this time all character classes are available from the various books. If you want to play a class from a non-WOTC source I need to see it first.

‡ Back by popular demand; the Comeliness attribute is back. Folks with existing characters can either roll a Comeliness stat or just use their Charisma score. New characters will roll a Comeliness score.

‡ Variant: Non-Magical Psionics:

To continue the original flavor and aspects of the original 1st edition campaign this rule is in use.

Under this variant rule, psionic powers aren't magical at all, but a different sort of extraordinary power altogether. Antimagic fields have no power over psionics (and likewise, most psionic abilities cannot interfere with magic.) A creature's special immunities or resistances to magic do not portect it from psionic abilities. (DMG pg 297.)

‡ I am now using the Fly skill check from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook. (pg 96)

This is a class skill for druids, sorcerers, and wizards and dexterity based. Any check penalties apply, and it does not give the ability to fly: only a control method for those that can. For my purposes it is also a racial skill for any creature that can fly naturally; say like a Raptoran.

‡ Attaining new wizard spells upon level advancement.

Player's Handbook, page 57 states, "At each new wizard, she gains two new spells of any spell level or levels that she can cast (based on her new wizard level) for her spellbook."

Any new spell a player wants to add to their tome must be agreed to by the DM. The spells out of the Player's Handbook are the ones most agreeable.

‡ Upon attaining enough experience points to advance a level the character has to train for one week per level attained plus one. This house rule overturns the old house rule of characters levelling up as soon as they have the experience points to do so. No adventuring or combat is allowed during training: a person must restart their training if this occurs. Funds for living must be sufficient or some living arrangements made. Outdoor style characters, such as druids, do not need to worry about funding.

If a character advances in a new base class, then their training time is based on the class level being trained into. For example, a 5th level rogue is now taking a level of fighter and has someone training them. This can be done in two weeks. Someone initially training into a spellcasting class will take a bit longer.... Prestige classes stack on top of their required base class.

‡ Wizards and other spell casters must once again have their list of spells “memorized.” This overturns the house rule in which a spell caster could use any spell off of their list at will. This was creating problems and game imbalances and therefore needs to be returned to the normal core rules method.

‡ Called Shots.

Here is what I will be using until I find something I like better.

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ultimateCombat/variants/calledShots.html

“With these optional called shot rules, PCs, monsters, and villains alike can aim their attacks more precisely, potentially to devastating effect. These rules are an optional addition to any campaign, and should be approached with care by the Game Master.”

‡ The feats that are marked as stackable in the books cannot be taken twice at the same time. Therefore a character can take a feat at first level, and then again the next time they are eligible for a feat for example.

Rolled Stats are: 15, 17, 14, 18, 15, 17

The 6th stat is Comeliness aka attractiveness.

Mercy4Hire
2013-09-25, 07:16 PM
As for what I want to do, I'd like to be able to make the rolls to roleplay when it counts, and hit when it counts. And be able to take a hit either from corporeal or things that are not or at least be able to keep the incorporeal things at bay.

Like a ghost town full of all sorts of undead.