PDA

View Full Version : Rosewood (IC)

Morithias
2013-09-25, 03:35 PM
OOC : http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=305448

Rosewood has always been a pretty decent place to live. Sure it's often plagued by civil war, but for the most part it's stable, and has a good legion of rulers, that can band together in a time of crisis.

You live in a Takeda village, a distance from the capital of Shinato. Here they train riding birds and grow food for the army. It's a fairly prosperous village, seeing how you get so much money from the capital. Of course it still has trouble with bandits and kobolds and such, but at least it isn't Shimazu which has to deal with the foreign powers of Helman, Leazus, and Zeth or Hojo which has to deal with Custom.

You wake up in your bed ready for today, the annual harvest festival. Dancing, cooking, fighting, so many things to do.

shugyosha
2013-09-25, 07:05 PM
Tyree

The young woman got up with a spring in her step, excited about the days events. She quickly washed her face and put on her best yukata (summer kimono). Her parents smiled as she ate breakfast with them, chatting away all the things she was going to do. Her mother reminded her that she has to finish her chores before she can go.

Nodding she cleaned up the breakfast table, did the dishes, water the garden, fed chickens, and was out the door.

Metroid33
2013-09-26, 02:57 PM
Rising out his bed, Sephiroth looked around and found his room just as he had left it. Sword by his bed and clothes on the table at the far side. Swinging himself around so his feet fell of the bed, his talons making a slight clatering noise as they made contact with the wooden floor. Pushing himself out of bed, the tengu stripped off his sleep clothes and donned his glimering blue chain shirt. Adjusting it so it fit comfortably on his chest he then pulled on a dark gray gi and tied it of with a leather belt.

Walking back across the room, he picked up his elven curved blade, pulling it out of its sheath to examine it. The blade was finely honed, truly a master piece. Sliding it back in he strapped the sheath onto his back, the handle over his right shoulder.

Steping out of the room Sephiroth found his usual kitchen space, his house was small, more of a cabin on the edge of the town than a real house. He ate quickly an was out the door, relatively eager for the day that was to come.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-26, 08:01 PM
Rising out of the bedroll in the tent he's temporarily using, Josuke Kiski yawns loudly.

Well now, today's the fair. Pity most of my sake was destroyed in the fire.

He puts on his saffron robes, and checks to see his gear is still in his handy haversack.

Well, I suppose I should get ready.

He steps outside and looks around.

tofucake
2013-09-26, 11:21 PM
Summo was up just before dawn. He gave a lazy stretch as he walked into the roost-barn. The riding birds were already itching to head out and stretch their wings at first light. After filling their trough and leading them out into the field so they could have their morning fly-about, Summo headed for the town to shop for supplies. The riding birds needed no supervision, this batch was well trained enough to return to the farm for breakfast in the filled trough after they were done flying.

Morithias
2013-09-26, 11:23 PM
The festival is starting to be set up and ready. You notice a young boy with brown hair wandering the festival square. You recognize it as the Tokugawa Diplomat Lee. A young adult silver dragon. He stops by rather often actually, says he likes the fact he doesn't have to be on his best behavior since people aren't watching his every move, unlike in the big cities. So he can drink a bit.

He's checking out the cooking contest. Leave it to a dragon to think with his stomach.

Of course there's also the dueling arena, and the dance contest. Which you could also check out. Of course you might want to seek out each other and greet the day.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-27, 04:59 PM
Heleg woke up in the leaves outside the village as usual, it was late morning and he had slept in, he could already hear the crowds gathering for the festival, hefting his greataxe he strode into the village.

Metroid33
2013-09-27, 06:01 PM
Sephiroth slowly walked through the festival grounds, stopping at every event and taking a look. Eventually he found his way to the dueling area, eager for a fight. "How much to get in on the competition, and what are the rules?"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-27, 07:03 PM
Josuke

Noticing the dueling arena, Joske's mouth turns down with distaste.

Bah, those younglings are going to hurt themselves, and I'll have to fix them up!

*He sighs*

Oh well, guess I might as well go there and save myself the trouble.

He heads to the dueling area, ready to serve in his capacity as healer. He also has some sake to sell (at a price of 2 cp/shot.)

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-27, 07:20 PM
In great spirits Heleg sprinted to the dueling areana as he did every feast day, he would show the puny men of the village how a true warrior fought! he looked around shocked that he had yelled that aloud. Shrugging he shouted "BWAHA!"

Chilingsworth
2013-09-27, 07:25 PM
*Josuke sighs*

Just leave enough of your opponents for me to fix up, tough guy!

Metroid33
2013-09-27, 07:44 PM
"Oye Heleg, I like my feathers how they are, and you won't touch me." If the Avian race could grin Sephiroth would have one spread across his face. Instead of that some slight body movements and a ruffle of feathers show this gesture, that is to anyone who understood tengus. Then to show he meant business Sephiroths feathers stood up a little and he appeared to grow in size. Quickly he let out a "KAW!" toward Heleg.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-27, 07:53 PM
With a great smile Heleg leaps into the ring. "HAHA! Show me what you've got birdman!" he yells drawing his great axe.

Metroid33
2013-09-27, 08:06 PM
"Alright then" Sephiroth pulled his blade out of it's sheath. once it was out he bent down, and then jumped up into the air and down into the arena landing lightly on his feet. "How harmful do you want to make this?" Sephiroth said looking up to the man that towered 2 feet taller then him.

Some Rolls
Initiative:[roll0]

and we should probably hold any real combat until the GM gets on and gives us a real size for the arena and other factors

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-27, 08:18 PM
Agreed
[roll0] Init

Morithias
2013-09-27, 10:15 PM
There is a basic sign up sheet for the combat arena. It is a knockout tournament and you fight with equipment given by the arena officials, namely a training sword, buckler, and padded armor. The training sword is made to be non-lethal.

The actual tournament doesn't take place until the afternoon...mainly because most people don't want to fight first thing in the morning before they've had a decent meal. That and being knocked out kind of prevents you from seeing the rest of the festival.

shugyosha
2013-09-28, 12:27 AM
Tyree

As happy as she is, Tyree begins to float through the air. It was common enough site for the villager not to pay attention to it or think of it out of the ordinary.

She decided to see the cooking contest first, and maybe try some of the food.

"Good day to you Little Dragon," she greets Diplomat Lee.

tofucake
2013-09-28, 01:04 AM
Summo heads for the festival square, ready for some breakfast. Some potstickers would hit the spot right now. He spots Lee and greets him with a wide smile "Morning, Master Lee. Had anything good to eat ?"

Morithias
2013-09-28, 04:44 AM
Lee chuckles. "Hello Citizens of Takeda." He bows. "I must say Princess Sen is truly kind to send me to Takeda while the festivals go on." He smiles. "It also gives me a chance to find some warriors capable of fighting the keepers." He shakes his head. "Sadly nothing to eat yet. Luckily I can eat pretty much anything if I get really hungry. It's impossible to starve a dragon. It'll eat rocks if it has to. It's what makes them such a deadly army, easy logistics you know."

If anyone has knowledge (arcana) feel free to roll.

The food on the festival is starting to be cooked up and looks truly tasty.

You can make a perception check if you're closely examining the cooking contest.

Chilingsworth
2013-09-28, 05:06 AM
Jouske wonders if what Lee says could possibly be true.
[roll0]

On seeing (and smelling) the food, and given that the fighting contest isn't for several hours, Jouske checks out the cooking contest, setting up to sell sake when the food is ready.
[roll1]

tofucake
2013-09-28, 10:56 AM
Summo laughs and queries inquisitively, "So are you rooting for any of the contestants, Master Lee ?" He watches the cooking contest with great interest.

Perception[roll0]

shugyosha
2013-09-28, 11:53 AM
Tyree

She inhales the fragrance of the cooking.

[roll0] knowledge arcana
[roll1] perception

Morithias
2013-09-28, 12:20 PM
Those of you who made over 20 in Knowledge Arcana know who Sen is. Supposedly a princess from another world she rampaged across the planet until she finally settled in Tokugawa. Said to be immortal or possible a dragon herself, the first draconic settlers were part of her army. She is said to be able to control the dragons via her "princess artifacts." Her name Sen, isn't her real name, but rather is a play on the Draconic word for War.

Those who made over 15 in perception notice something a tad off. Namely that one of the contestants appears to be under a disguise self spell.

tofucake
2013-09-28, 01:09 PM
Summo raises an eyebrow at the sight and points his finger subtly at Diplomat Lee and Tyree while casting a spell. "Eh, is it just me or is that contestant using some kind of spell to disguise himself ? Just whisper, I can hear you." Summo whispers.

Cast Message at Tyree and Diplomat Lee

Chilingsworth
2013-09-28, 01:17 PM
Jouske keeps his eye on the disguised contestant.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-28, 06:32 PM
Heleg leaps out of the ring, "Fine! I'll sign up and use your puny child swords!" After signing up he stomps off and begans sampling all of the goods of the cooking competition. Joyfully stuffing his face with an animalistic ferocity.

Morithias
2013-09-28, 10:09 PM
Heleg leaps out of the ring, "Fine! I'll sign up and use your puny child swords!" After signing up he stomps off and begans sampling all of the goods of the cooking competition. Joyfully stuffing his face with an animalistic ferocity.

When you get to the disguised person's food, you naturally don't second think it and shove it in your mouth.

Make a fortitude save.

shugyosha
2013-09-28, 10:53 PM
Tyree

Unable to stop her friend from his enthusiastic gluttony all she is able to do is watch.

tofucake
2013-09-29, 12:01 AM
Uh oh, Heleg was already eating possibly tampered food. He watches the disguised person carefully, ready to impede when the suspicious participant does anything unusual.

Ready action, Summon Monster II: small mud elemental behind the disguised person if he/she tries to run or perform offensive actions.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-29, 06:30 AM
Happily eating [roll0]

Morithias
2013-09-29, 11:30 AM
Happily eating [roll0]

You take one bite and instantly grab for the nearest mug of ale. Your mouth feels like it's on fire. It's the spiciest meal you've ever eaten. It's not that it tasted bad, it's just that you only managed to get around 5 seconds of taste in before someone metaphorically summoned a fire elemental in your mouth.

The young woman smiles. "Do you like it? I tried to tone it back for this festival."

Metroid33
2013-09-29, 02:20 PM
After signing up for the dueling tournament he walked up to Heleg as he chocked on the spiciness. Slapping him on the back Sephiroth said, "You all right big guy?" Hearing the woman speak Sephiroth looks at her and begins to judge her true intention, looking her up and down.

Perception:[roll0]
Sense motive:[roll1]
Knowledge local (To see if I recognize her):[roll2]

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-09-29, 03:05 PM
Heleg gulped down the ale in a matter of seconds. "Execelent! Birdman, this is akin to a Fire Giant maiden kissing you with tongue!" the large man exclaimed

Metroid33
2013-09-29, 03:33 PM
"My My, let me try" Sephiroth took a piece of the food and sampled a tiny piece waiting to see whether it set his feathers on fire.

Morithias
2013-09-29, 04:12 PM
"My My, let me try" Sephiroth took a piece of the food and sampled a tiny piece waiting to see whether it set his feathers on fire.

It doesn't literally set your feathers on fire, but it quickly leads to you grabbing a beverage too.

You don't recognize her. You're going to have to talk to her.

If anyone has knowledge (geography) they could check for where the spices come from though.

shugyosha
2013-09-29, 11:31 PM
Tyree

She wasn't much for spicy food, so he didn't volunteer to try it. "What do you call it?" she asks as she smells the concoction. Her eyes begin to tear. "And where are you from?"

Morithias
2013-09-30, 12:02 AM
Tyree

She wasn't much for spicy food, so he didn't volunteer to try it. "What do you call it?" she asks as she smells the concoction. Her eyes begin to tear. "And where are you from?"

"I call it 'Heart of a Hero Curry'." She smiles. "I'm from an island way to the south of here. Even past Custom. It's called Akuma."

Metroid33
2013-09-30, 07:43 AM
"I call it 'Heart of a Hero Curry'." She smiles. "I'm from an island way to the south of here. Even past Custom. It's called Akuma."

Quick sense motive to see if she is telling the truth [roll0]

tofucake
2013-09-30, 09:01 AM
Summo was glad to rescind the readied spell when Heleg was unhurt. Festivals were meant to be happy days afterall. Why does a cooking contestant need a disguise, he mused as he continued to watch the disguised contestant with great interest.

Morithias
2013-09-30, 11:35 PM
Quick sense motive to see if she is telling the truth [roll0]

As far as you can tell she is. You don't detect any falsehood.

shugyosha
2013-09-30, 11:47 PM
Tyree

The young lady tries to recall what she knows of Akuma.

[roll0] history

Morithias
2013-10-01, 03:16 AM
You don't know much about the island. You do realize that "Akuma" has an abyssal ring to it though.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 07:59 AM
Jouske

Joining the growing group,

Well so, some foreign fare, is it? Bah, the Tree let's me endure anything, let me try it!

[roll0]

Ah, good stuff! *chases it with a swig of sake*

What's in it, anyway? If you don't mind my asking, Ma'am?

Morithias
2013-10-01, 10:18 AM
"Well some rice, some potato, some chicken, and of course the Akuma spices. I think this one is called 'Seductive heat'." She smiles. "Oh and a little bit of garlic."

She smiles. "I must say I'm enjoying watching you all eat it. Few people are so brave as to try foreign dishes."

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 10:23 AM
Well, all edible things are gifts of the Divine Tree. So it would be rude if not sacrilegious for me to turn my nose up to any of them.

shugyosha
2013-10-01, 10:29 AM
Tyree

"I have not heard much of Akuma. How far did you have to travel to get here?" she asks with a smile.

Morithias
2013-10-01, 11:47 AM
Tyree

"I have not heard much of Akuma. How far did you have to travel to get here?" she asks with a smile.

"I'm not entirely sure actually. Teleportation spells are so vague about distance."

Chilingsworth
2013-10-01, 12:02 PM
Jouske

*mouth falls open*

You teleported here?

What's a mage like you doing at a small town festival like this?

Morithias
2013-10-01, 12:18 PM
"Well if you must know I'm seeing the sights while looking for a magical artifact of sorts."

She smiles. "Just basic stuff."

tofucake
2013-10-01, 01:22 PM
"Pray tell, what is this artifact that you seek ?" asked Summo with a raised eyebrow. The talk of magical objects had piqued his interest.

Morithias
2013-10-01, 06:49 PM
"Pray tell, what is this artifact that you seek ?" asked Summo with a raised eyebrow. The talk of magical objects had piqued his interest.

"Well, it is a legendary item." She says. "It is said to be a wanderer's item. You know who they are right? The precursors to most of the current races. Who had such advanced magic we can't reproduce most of it?"

She smiles. "I've been searching for Wanderer items for a long time. There is supposed to be a powerful set of 4 items that grant extreme power when combined, but sadly due to the Wanderer's magic being different from ours, I can't seek out just those items. I need to constantly hunt every Wanderer item I can detect in search of them, and supposedly a Wanderer item is located nearby."

shugyosha
2013-10-01, 07:46 PM
Tyree

She thinks about the Wander and the magic artifacts associated to him.

[roll0] knowledge arcana
[roll1] knowledge history
[roll2] knowledge religion

Morithias
2013-10-01, 09:13 PM
@Tyree

The Wanderers are basically the precursors of this world. They left a large amount of artifacts around, but vanished without any real trace or record why they left. Their magic is extremely powerful, and is next to impossible to reproduce (translation: these items will do things you RAW cannot do with normal magical items).

There is one major consistency with their artifacts. They tend to be associated with "teamwork". An artifact will usually affect a group rather than just one person. How large of a group tends to vary, but it's still worthwhile to seek them out.

shugyosha
2013-10-01, 09:55 PM
Tyree

She giggles like the girl she is the asks, "Why do you think there is item like that around here?"

Morithias
2013-10-02, 04:07 AM
Tyree

She giggles like the girl she is the asks, "Why do you think there is item like that around here?"

"Well wanderer items give out very specific auras, and as far as I can tell there's an aura in the nearby area."

Metroid33
2013-10-02, 05:48 AM
"This is very intriguing do you perhaps require any assistance in finding this artifact"

Morithias
2013-10-02, 07:42 AM
"This is very intriguing do you perhaps require any assistance in finding this artifact"

"Well I wouldn't say no to some help, and if it isn't one of the four I'm looking for I guess you could have it. We'll probably find something guarding it though. Isn't that just the way it always works right?"

Chilingsworth
2013-10-02, 08:23 AM
It seems so, now that you mention it.

I'd be interested in helping you as well. Though I'd think we should exchange names first, shouldn't we?

I'm Jouske Kiski. Priest of the divine tree, brewer of sake, and guardian of the shrine, head physician of the hospital, and proprietor of the Golden Walnut, until my establishment burnt down.

*He bows*

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-10-02, 09:06 AM
"I am the mighty Heleg!" Heleg bellows and then bows. "Might there be any challenge to artifact hunting?"

Metroid33
2013-10-02, 11:23 AM
"Sephiroth, at your service" The tengu says bowing slightly.

shugyosha
2013-10-02, 11:33 AM
Tyree

"Hi, I'm Tyree," she says with her hand behind her back and teetering on her heels.

tofucake
2013-10-02, 12:44 PM
"I'm in for an adventure. Besides, if such an artifact is sitting out there, we need to keep it out of the hands of evil. Well, as most of you already know, I'm Summo and my family owns one of the many riding bird farms in the town." Summo grins.

Morithias
2013-10-02, 08:34 PM
"Call me Elyse." She says.

"Nice to meet you all." She smiles.

"As far as I can tell the artifact is somewhere to the north of here. Near the Uesugi and Takeda border." She nods. "Likely in some kind of cave, as it doesn't seem to be located near any form of city."

shugyosha
2013-10-02, 10:26 PM
Tyree

"I don't know of any caves around here. Does anyone know of any?" she asks everyone, including Dragon Lee.

I don't have knowledge local or geography. Does anyone else?

tofucake
2013-10-05, 01:18 PM
"Hm.. I'm not too sure about that, I've spent most of life in the village." Summo scratches his head helplessly.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-05, 01:36 PM
Jouske shakes his head.

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-10-05, 02:57 PM
"I love caves!" Heleg shouts.

1d20+8 Knowledge Nature

Morithias
2013-10-06, 04:57 AM
You don't know of anything nearby.

She shrugs anyway. "I can trace it anyway. We'll find it eventually. For now just enjoy the festival I guess."

She looks over her foods a bit. "Maybe a bit more sugar..."

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-10-07, 02:50 PM
Heleg walks back to the arena wondering if its time to fight yet.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-07, 03:00 PM
Is the arena opening already?

Elyse, perhaps we could gather again tomorrow to begin our search?

Metroid33
2013-10-07, 06:39 PM
"Oh if the tournament is starting then let's do this."

shugyosha
2013-10-07, 06:48 PM
Tyree

She wasn't too interested in the tournament, but was going to cheer her friends on. She took on more look at Elyse stall to see if anything was out of order.

[roll0] perception
[roll1] sense motive

Morithias
2013-10-07, 10:18 PM
Everything is in order and the tournament is starting. There are two sections, a child's section, and an adult section.

The child's section doesn't actually have the kids fight each other, but rather show off their archery, riding, and sword techniques against a dummy.

The adult section has a similar contest, but also has the actual combat tournament.

There is no real reward outside of bragging rights, although usually the tavern owner will give the champion free drinks for the night if they don't ask for anything expensive.

I guess everyone roll a ranged attack, a melee attack, and a ride check.

Elyse's stall looks pretty much in order. Lee tries some of her food and has the same reaction. I guess Silver dragon's shouldn't try spicy food. Maybe a red dragon would enjoy it more.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-07, 10:22 PM
My tavern wasn't the only one in town? I wonder if those ruffians were sent by my competition...

Jouske takes his position to treat any serious injuries caused by the tournament.

Morithias
2013-10-07, 11:51 PM
My tavern wasn't the only one in town? I wonder if those ruffians were sent by my competition...

Jouske takes his position to treat any serious injuries caused by the tournament.

Okay it's less "Tavern", and more "Cafe that happens to serve alcohol." Unlike your tavern it didn't have sleeping quarters, and had a higher level of detail and aesthetics. It more revolved around coffee than alcohol. It took over the alcohol selling once your tavern burned down. You know the owner decently, but she doesn't strike you as the type to burn down a building...mostly because she's quite young.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-07, 11:54 PM
Okay it's less "Tavern", and more "Cafe that happens to serve alcohol." Unlike your tavern it didn't have sleeping quarters, and had a higher level of detail and aesthetics. It more revolved around coffee than alcohol. It took over the alcohol selling once your tavern burned down. You know the owner decently, but she doesn't strike you as the type to burn down a building...mostly because she's quite young.

I was mostly joking. :smalltongue: Still, good to know.

Metroid33
2013-10-08, 05:53 AM
Melee Attack with my elven curved blade [roll0]
Basic ranged attack [roll1]
Ride check [roll2]

Oh great dice gods, help me on this roll.

Well screw you dice gods.

tofucake
2013-10-08, 08:19 AM
Summo enters the competition with enthusiasm, ready to give his best shot.

ranged [roll0]
melee [roll1]
ride [roll2]

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-10-10, 03:41 PM
Great axe [roll0]
Ranged [roll1]
Ride [roll2]

Morithias
2013-10-10, 06:05 PM
Alright so that's 34, 48, 44

So it's Tofucake against Metroid.

And Dagul against...we don't have a 4th person. So I guess unless the other person rolls against the winner.

The tournament is fought using padded armor, and training swords. So non-masterwork and -2 to attacks forcing non-lethal attacks.

First to 3 hits win. This isn't a fight to out cold. Think of it more like fencing.

(System in use is a variant on the swiss from chess. 1 fights 8, 2 fights 7, etc.)

Lee and Elyse sit back to watch.

shugyosha
2013-10-10, 06:35 PM
Tyree

The young woman sits next to Lee and Elyse. "So do you have a favorite?" she asks.

Metroid33
2013-10-10, 07:40 PM
"Oh what terrible armor" Sephiroth aid, pulling on the padded shirt, it weighed only a little less then his chain shirt. Putting the training sword at his side, as if it had a sheath, Sephiroth bowed to his opponent and then 'drew' his sword.

Initiative roll: [roll0]

Morithias
2013-10-11, 07:42 AM
Tyree

The young woman sits next to Lee and Elyse. "So do you have a favorite?" she asks.

Lee ponders. "I haven't seen either of them enough to judge yet."

Elyse thinks. "It is hard to say. With such sad equipment, it's almost a game of luck rather than who is actually better. Of course a lot of war is like that. Wars tend to fall into two categories, completely even where even the smallest thing can change something, or brutal curb stomp. You rarely ever see a steady winning war, because once an empire picks up any steam at all, it goes downhill for the other side faster than a rock thrown off a mountain."

She pulls out a small crystal and starts focusing on it. You recognize it as a focus for a divining spell, she's probably still looking for the exact location of the artifact.

shugyosha
2013-10-15, 09:28 AM
Tyree

"How do you come to know so much about war? she asks Elyse.

tofucake
2013-10-15, 10:28 AM
Summo takes one look at Sephiroth and decides that it was his best interest to concede. Optimism and positive thinking could only bring someone so far. He walks over to where Lee and Elyse are after this attempt at the tournament. Wiping his brow, he notices Elyse casting a spell and tries to peek at what she's casting.

Spellcraft roll to identify spell ? [roll0]

Morithias
2013-10-15, 12:49 PM
Tyree

"How do you come to know so much about war? she asks Elyse.

"Please, we live in a world that has had tons of conflict, and I have studied the arts of war in case I ever needed them."

It's basically just a variant on the locate object spell. Nothing big.

She nods. "Of course sometimes one must go beyond the call. For example what happened in Helman."

tofucake
2013-10-16, 09:59 AM
"Eh ? Helman ?" queries Summo.

Morithias
2013-10-16, 03:58 PM
"Eh ? Helman ?" queries Summo.

"Okay this is going to be interesting. The country Helman to the southwest had to fight off an alien invasion. Some creatures called the Hulks of Zoreta, and their vast armies. It was such a big threat that the Goddess of the Avatar had to reach into a parallel world and pull out 5 heroes from another plane of existence. They founded some organization they called "X-com" and beat them. Needless to say Helman has been in quite a pickle since, having to adapt to all the new technology and alien magics, and also dealing with the international politics that comes when you have technology that can destroy a country on you now. Retia Adolf has been so overworked I'm amazed her hair hasn't gone gray at 20!"

(No I'm not joking this campaign was a campaign I actually ran once).

Chilingsworth
2013-10-16, 10:16 PM
Right, are they done bashing each other yet? I'd like to know if my skills will be needed, or if I can get back to my brewing until I'm needed for this quest of yours, Madam Mage.

Morithias
2013-10-18, 11:27 PM
Right, are they done bashing each other yet? I'd like to know if my skills will be needed, or if I can get back to my brewing until I'm needed for this quest of yours, Madam Mage.

"It looks like they're about to start. I hope." Elyse says. "The crowd is getting restless."

"If they don't start I can go give them some 2 on dragon action." Lee chuckles.

Chilingsworth
2013-10-19, 02:03 PM
Now, that I'd like to see, Ambassador!

It would serve those knuckleheads right!

Dagul Thor'Nix
2013-10-19, 02:21 PM
Seeing Summo concede, Heleg jumps into the ring "Oy Birdman lets fight!"

[roll0] Initiative

Morithias
2013-10-19, 11:43 PM
Now, that I'd like to see, Ambassador!

It would serve those knuckleheads right!

Lee chuckles. "Looks like your friend is doing it for me. Then again I would hate to have to explain to Senhime what the hell a Tokugawa diplomat thought he was doing when he beat up two people from a small Takeda village."

"Ah yes..." Elyse says. "The War Princess. I can't imagine she's pleasant when she's angry."

"Not really. She's a decent girl though." Lee says.

Elyse nods and keeps focusing on her spell. "I've got the general location, but nothing else. Something is blocking the spell." She comments.

shugyosha
2013-10-21, 12:30 PM
Tyree

She didn't know what to say about the War Princess so she kept quite. When Elyse mentions she has gotten the general location Tyree asks, "Where?"

Morithias
2013-10-21, 01:48 PM
Tyree

She didn't know what to say about the War Princess so she kept quite. When Elyse mentions she has gotten the general location Tyree asks, "Where?"

"It's to the north of here, but it makes no sense. If my map is correct it's in the middle of an empty field."

Chilingsworth
2013-10-22, 09:12 PM
Well, could your map be incorrect? Or could the artifact be buried?

Also, don't underestimate nature's ability to turn once proud cities into empty fields.

Morithias
2013-10-23, 06:36 AM
Well, could your map be incorrect? Or could the artifact be buried?

Also, don't underestimate nature's ability to turn once proud cities into empty fields.

"I suppose. I guess we'll just have to see." Elyse says.

tofucake
2013-10-25, 12:02 PM
"We could head there after the tournament, I suppose. Does anyone else have affairs to settle here today ?" suggested Summo.

Vanitas
2013-11-14, 08:55 PM
Is this game dead?