PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew...

Elysian Blade
2013-09-25, 05:58 PM
Hello to everyone reading and participating in this thread...I guess hello to all reading.

I do not know how to do homebrew I want to create two things by homebrew which are a race and a class but ever so sadly I dont know enough...

Which is why I am making this thread so far I was thinking about a couple of different designs.

Keep in mind these are just some ideas in my head kinda like a rough draft.
Race
I want it to look like a white humanode with white horns glowing with white energy it genearaly has blue eyes unless angry then they become red. More detail can be added if requested R0
These listed below are rough sketchs just so you know whats its leaning for.

1 If possible I want to have a race that if you kill a monster lets say a fairy you can choose which stat modifier you want you can take only the race modifer to dex and add it to you own for a day or can take one point and add it to your own forever. (If this is possible let me know we can discuss it in thread if adressing this one call it R1 please)
2 To have the same power as a doppleganger and be able to take on there racial modifer. It can also control its strength adjust it to want they want. . For futher discussion R2

Those are 2 of them if you want to propose additional information type RX

I look foward towards the input and advice.

Saidoro
2013-09-25, 07:10 PM
R0 is far too vague, you need to tell us what you want the race to be good or bad at, and what sorts of abilities you want it to have. A visual description doesn't give all that much to work with.

R1 is easy enough, though it may not be what you were hoping. Specifically, this is because what you were hoping is impossibly broken.
Lifedrinker
Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Lifedrinker base land speed is 30 feet.
Lifedrinkers can absorb the strengths of those they slay. By spending a full-round action brutalizing the corpse of one of their victims they may gain a +4 racial bonus to one ability score to which that creature had a racial bonus for 1 minute. Alternately, they may gain a +2 racial bonus to an ability score to which that creature had a racial bonus which lasts permanently. At first level the total permanent racial bonus this ability grants cannot be higher than +2. This increases to +4 at 8th level and +6 at 16th. If the Lifedrinker tries to increase their permanent racial bonus when already at their maximum one of their existing permanent racial bonuses with a value of +2 or greater decreases by 2 first.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass lifedrinker takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

R2... Doesn't really need to exist. Just play a doppelganger. The ability to perform as though you had a lower ability score is just fluff. If you insist on having your score actually change just use spells.

So where does the class come up?

ArcturusV
2013-09-25, 08:55 PM
R2:

If I was going to create a racial ability like that it would be like the following:

A ________ may enter a state of hyperactive mind and body, channeling greater energy and focus into one narrow aspect. A _______ chooses one Stat, and for 1 minute gains a +4 Racial Bonus to checks involving that stat (Ability checks and Skill Checks). After using this ability the ________ enters a state of exhaustion, where they are unable to channel this ability until they rest for at least 30 minutes (Resting may include light activities like walking, talking, eating, etc, but not combat, skill use, manual labor, etc). While suffering from this state of exhaustion the ________ suffers from a -2 Racial Penalty to the stat that was effected.

Elysian Blade
2013-09-26, 12:13 PM
R0 is far too vague, you need to tell us what you want the race to be good or bad at, and what sorts of abilities you want it to have. A visual description doesn't give all that much to work with.

R1 is easy enough, though it may not be what you were hoping. Specifically, this is because what you were hoping is impossibly broken.
Lifedrinker
Medium: As Medium creatures, humans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Lifedrinker base land speed is 30 feet.
Lifedrinkers can absorb the strengths of those they slay. By spending a full-round action brutalizing the corpse of one of their victims they may gain a +4 racial bonus to one ability score to which that creature had a racial bonus for 1 minute. Alternately, they may gain a +2 racial bonus to an ability score to which that creature had a racial bonus which lasts permanently. At first level the total permanent racial bonus this ability grants cannot be higher than +2. This increases to +4 at 8th level and +6 at 16th. If the Lifedrinker tries to increase their permanent racial bonus when already at their maximum one of their existing permanent racial bonuses with a value of +2 or greater decreases by 2 first.
Automatic Language: Common. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic). See the Speak Language skill.
Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass lifedrinker takes an experience point penalty, his or her highest-level class does not count.

R2... Doesn't really need to exist. Just play a doppelganger. The ability to perform as though you had a lower ability score is just fluff. If you insist on having your score actually change just use spells.

So where does the class come up?

R0 I really want it to levitate and since you brought up the information of a lifedrinker but kinda stronger like if kills it does the same thing with the power up but takes a part of the monster into itself and it's imperfect and the more he kills and combine with the more perfect he becomes. ArcturusV I like what you were thinking about and I am going to add it in to him. As for a weakness he must be bound to another character as a slave if that person is hurt the damage is voided and this monster takes it.

For the class stuff I was planing for something to a warrior class but it the class actually binds itself to its weapon and fuses to it. by doing this the weapon becomes what ever the alignment and gives it 2d6+his level in the class he can do it with his armor to giving the character a bonus to armor class and alignment protection exm. he is fighting a light character and he is evil he get a 1d4 dr bonus to the fight the further into the class the higher the bonuses further discussion C1