PDA

View Full Version : What are it's stats?

unseenmage
2013-09-25, 06:44 PM
I need to know the AC, Saves, and what the save DC is against it's spells/powers for a Gestalt 21st level psion (telepath), 21st level wizard Aboleth please.

DM forgot his notes and we need to make some saves for the thing against an army of Intelligent Magic item Staffs of Binding (effective CL 40+).

Thanks regardless Playground.

(PS. can't for the life of me remember where the spell is that turns creatures into Warforged Titans.)

gurgleflep
2013-09-25, 07:01 PM
I need to know the AC, Saves, and what the save DC is against it's spells/powers for a Gestalt 21st level psion (telepath), 21st level wizard Aboleth please.

DM forgot his notes and we need to make some saves for the thing against an army of Intelligent Magic item Staffs of Binding (effective CL 40+).

Thanks regardless Playground.

(PS. can't for the life of me remember where the spell is that turns creatures into Warforged Titans.)

Warforged Titan spell is in... Magic of Incarnum? Spell compendium? One of the big spell books, I'm leaning more towards the compendium.

Chronos
2013-09-25, 07:15 PM
Magic of Incarnum isn't a big spell book; it's a book about an entirely different magic system. It does have a handful of spells, but they're all spells that interact with that new system in some way. Body of War is in fact in the Spell Compendium.

To the original question, we'd need to know what the monster's Int is, and also how we're dealing with RHD in gestalt.

unseenmage
2013-09-25, 07:32 PM
Aboleth (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/aboleth.htm) is in the SRD, and the RHD will occupy part of one side of the Gestalt.

Chronos
2013-09-25, 07:50 PM
That tells us the Int of a standard aboleth, but this one might well be nonstandard (and probably is, if it's epic and gestalt).

And if RHD are only on one side of the gestalt, what's on the other side?

unseenmage
2013-09-25, 07:54 PM
That tells us the Int of a standard aboleth, but this one might well be nonstandard (and probably is, if it's epic and gestalt).

And if RHD are only on one side of the gestalt, what's on the other side?

Additional class levels to fill the gap would be on the other side.
This is just a standard Aboleth but one assumes the Ability increases from class HD would be put into Int in this case.

gurgleflep
2013-09-25, 08:12 PM
Magic of Incarnum isn't a big spell book; it's a book about an entirely different magic system. It does have a handful of spells, but they're all spells that interact with that new system in some way. Body of War is in fact in the Spell Compendium.

To the original question, we'd need to know what the monster's Int is, and also how we're dealing with RHD in gestalt.

Thank you for correcting me on that. I don't do much play outside of melee combat so I'm just happy I at least got the names of some magic books right :smalltongue:

juicycaboose
2013-09-25, 09:16 PM
Additional class levels to fill the gap would be on the other side.

So is it 21Psion//13Wiz/8Aboleth
or is it 21Psion/8x//21Wiz/8Aboleth ?

unseenmage
2013-09-26, 06:45 AM
21 psion and 21 wizard and 8 aboleth and your choice of another 8 psion or wizard